[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPIDER-MAN 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Concept Poster.jpg (79 KB, 631x940) Image search: [Google]
Concept Poster.jpg
79 KB, 631x940
I read the old script. Ask me anything.

It's a late draft written to December 2009, credited to James Vanderbilt, David Lindsay-Abaire and Gary Ross with revisions by David Koepp, Ivan Raimi and Sam Raimi. It's the second to last draft before the entire project was scrapped.
>>
>>80254777
Who's your favorite Spider-Man artist and writer?
>>
>>80254777
Is it true that Peter was going to bone Vulture's daughter (which begs the question of whether he was going to break up with MJ AGAIN)? And does he end the movie on the note of swearing never to be Spider-Man again for the eleven hundredth time?
>>
>>80254777
Who were the villains? Were there already some actors confirmed?
>>
Batman v superman or civil war?
>>
>>80254850
That's not begging the question.
>>
>>80254777
If I have AIDS and I jerk off into an ice cube tray and put one of the cum cubes into my friend's drink as a funny prank will he get HIV?
>>
OP ain't answering shit
>>
>>80254882
Not OP, but wasn't he supposed to fight the Vulture? I heard they were in talks with John Malkovich at one point.
>>
>>80254777
what's the plot?
>>
>Venom is the villain for 3
>use fucking Vulture for 4
What a fucking downgrade, thank god it didn't get made.
Should've at least been Carnage. or Morlun.
>>
Apologies for the delay.

>>80254798
Can't go wrong with Gerry Conway and Todd McFarlane.

>>80254850
Yes to Vulture's daughter who is also Black Cat.

No to giving up being Spider-Man again.

>>80254882
In this draft we have the Vulture and the Vulturess/Black Cat, with Silvermane as a secondary antagonist and some teases to the Lizard.

>>80254889
Civil War.

>>80254999
I'm a /co/mrade, not a doctor.
>>
>>80255217
It was supposed to be Lizard iirc. I assume Vulture wouldn't just been a minor villain like Sandman or New Goblin in the third movie.
>>
>>80255130
I heared some rumors about Black Cat (with Anne Hathayay considered for the part) and Carnage (with Jim Carrey as Kassady). But yeah the Vulture was also known to be in it.
>>
>>80255217
Dude, the Vulture actually kicks a lot of ass in this even though he's basically a robot. If they had a nice design he could've been an upgrade to Venom and Sandman.

>>80255191
Peter has something of a midlife crisis, gets into a messy fling, fulfills the American dream by (accidentally) killing his boss, and surprisingly cries only twice.
>>
>>80255341
>fulfills the American dream by (accidentally) killing his boss
What?
>>
File: Jjonahjameson.jpg (54 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Jjonahjameson.jpg
54 KB, 600x450
>>80255341
>killing his boss

J-Jonah?!
>>
>>80255403
>>80255407
Jameson sells the Daily Bugle to Adrian Toomes. There's an entire subplot about him realizing retirement sucks, which is sadly pretty hit and miss and one of the least interesting aspects of the script. He comes back in the end.
>>
>>80255341
Can you give specifics on the Vulture? What's his design? What kind of fights happen?

Also info about Silvermane and Lizard please.

Any easter eggs or setups for more movies?
>>
Any mention of the Osborns or Venom?
>>
>>80255528
>There's an entire subplot about him realizing retirement sucks, which is sadly pretty hit and miss and one of the least interesting aspects of the script. He comes back in the end.

That's too bad, it sounds fucking great for comic relief.
>>
>>80255640
Vulture is a robot. He's described as "a sleek, intimidating figure", with armored protection, razor-sharp retractable wings capable of cutting through steel, razor-sharp talons, impervious to fire or electricity, and with wristshooters that fire poisoned darts. There's three fights, one during a high speed car chase, one at the Daily Bugle offices, and one at an OsCorp electromagnetic power station.

Silvermane is a mob boss. He's only called "Silvermane" once, otherwise he's "Silvio Manfredi". He betrayed Toomes once in the past, and now Toomes is back for revengr and to seize control of Manfredi's empire. He's killed by the Vulturess.

Lizard is just referenced. Peter is working as Dr. Connors' assistant at ESU and Connors is working on a serum based on reptile DNA that he believes can restore his lost arm, which he developed based on the symbiote sample Peter left him in "Spider-Man 3".

There's an after-credits scene included, which shows Connors injecting the serum on himself and beginning his mutation, and when he destroys his laboratory, the symbiote sample escapes.

>>80255650
They allude to Venom, and Peter and Mary-Jane reference Harry several times. Plus one of the fights takes place at OsCorp.
>>
>>80255922
Also, during the final fight between Spider-Man and the Vulture at the OsCorp station, one of the employees is Max Dillon.
>>
>>80256197
How does the relationship between Peter and Black Cat come about?

How does vulture's daughter become Black Cat? Does she betray her father because Peter gave her the Spider-D?
>>
Was it good?
>>
>>80256427
Felicia is one of Connors' students and meets Peter in class.

Basically, she uses the remains of the Vulture to build herself a power armor, and go after Spider-Man. They fight, she gains the upper hand, but they're interrupted by Silvermane's men, who have found out Toomes was behind the attacks on their organization and attacks both with advanced weaponry. Peter and Felicia join forces to beat them, Felicia kills Silvermane despite Peter telling her not to, she finds out who he is and decides to spare his life, but leaves the city, reassuring Peter that if they cross paths again, she'll kill him.

Phineas Mason is also around, and in the end she gives him sketches of a new cat-based suit. Why? She's a cat person, simple as that.
>>
Some broader questions:

How would you compare it to the rest of the Raimi series? Funnier? More action-packed? Etc.

Based just on reading the script, do you think it would have been worth seeing or was it better off being scrapped?

Better or worse than Amazing Spider-Man 1&2?
>>
>>80256520
It's uneven. There some great moments (The fights, Peter quipping more, Aunt May scenes, Vulture, some of the jokes), some bad moments (some of the dialogue, especially the love triangle, J.J.'s wacky retirement misadventures) and some hit-or-miss stuff (the uneventful final battle, odd pacing).

Overal 7/10, would probably end up Spider-Man 3 tier.
>>
>>80256593
It's a bit more serious and action-packed, often at the expense of slower character development, but Spider-Man quips more. One thing that becomes clear is that Sony was trying to launch a more interconnected series with this, there's a lot of lead-ins to future installments, including two big sequel hook/cliffhangers.

Plus, it's pretty stuffed with new characters, same problem as Spider-Man 3. Gwen actually comes back for two completely inconsequential scenes, and they even pair her up with John Jameson (off-screen).

Hard to tell. There's some interesting ideas here, even if some of them are badly executed. But I honestly love the Vulture and it probably would've been worth it for Raimi's action scenes on them.

Better than ASM2, worse than ASM.
>>
I'd have watched it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.