[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ever happened to Bee and Puppycat? Is it over? Are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
What ever happened to Bee and Puppycat? Is it over? Are they going to start it up again?
>>
>>79831638
Pee and Poopycat?

Didn't everyone give up on that?
>>
New update.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja-oPED0Am8
>>
Took the money and ran
>>
I don't want to judge a show before I watch it (if you could even call this a full "show"); but I don't want to watch this because it looks like the most soft, generic, inoffensive thing imaginable. Like it tries to be comfy but doesn't bank on anything making it comfy other than the fact that it tries to be so.

Goddamn I probably sound like an idiot right now.
>>
>>79831845
Different strokes for different folks, dawg
>>
>>79831845
>Goddamn I probably sound like an idiot right now.
You're saying it tries to take every comfy trope you can find in video games and anime and combine them into an 11-minute show and as a result, the show has no substance, consequence, or really anything to offer outside of pastel colors with soft chiptunes music and inoffensive soft-spoken characters.

The whole point of the show is that she takes these temp jobs for money yet I never any visible threat of her being kicked out or not having enough money to eat or any of that bullshit. She goes to the beach, she eats at a nice beach shack, her place is shiny and luxurious, and most of the dimension finale battles are resolved in cutesy, nonthreatening ways. The most "fighting" she did was in the pilot, which also had the best monster.

Comfy would be fine if there were at least jokes (Homester, We Bare Bears) but the show's humor only appeals to 16-year old Tumblr artists obsessed with all things kawaii. So it doesn't have much to offer then, either.
>>
>>79831673
Holy shit thanks for this. I'm hyped, again. B&P has pretty much my favorite type of cartoon everything. You're awesome thanks for mentioning the video
>>
pee and poopycunt
>>
>>79831673
>shifty eyes
>>
>>79831670
>>79832446

this is an 18+ site.
>>
>>79831673
man, hearing Bee and Puppycat equated to minutes like that is really not a great light to put it in. I know animation is costly for what you get out of it but breaking it down to number of episodes might make it sound more palatable than less than 20 minutes
>>
>>79831638
It was yet another scam made possible by Kickstarter.
>>
>>79832870
It's a meme anon.
>>
She got fat
>>
OP has dubious taste to say the least.
>>
>>79832930
no, it's an immature nickname used by immature people, most likely teenagers.
>>
>>79833258
In other words it's a meme.
>>
>>79833258
poo and pissycat
>>
>>79831638
This Show looks like something Tumblr would make. Don't know why some guys here like it.
>>
>>79831673
>Its taking months to animate 10 minutes LOL
>we are premiering an episode that was finished last year several months ago and took even more LOL
>Here are more of our Buzzfeed Spoonyraptor Inspired Clickbait videos LOLOLOL

Yeah Fuck them to death.
>>
>>79831638
It sucked.
>>
>>79833258
>I only browse mature sites for mature people such as myself
>>
>>79835143
You know animation is a even long process if your a YouTube animator.
>>
>>79835266
>underpaid japanese animators can get out 22 minute episodes on a week by week basis

>overpaid american animators have to take a year to make a single 11 minute episode, and multiple years for 5 minutes

IT JUST DON'T ADD UP
>>
It's funny, the situation with the show is the polar opposite of Steven Universe.

They both were made by former Adventure Time storyboarders, but that's where the similarities end.

Steven Universe had:
>a clear and concrete direction from the beginning
>got approved and budgeted by its own merits and professional presentation
>a short list of themes to explore
>a cast of characters with at least two personality traits
>appeals to children while also having themes people of any age can relate to
>approaches somewhat taboo subjects in a subtle manner, without presenting it as an argument against a strawman or a "correct" opinion
>consistent and professional production

Bee and Puppycat had:
>no direction or long-term plan, just a one-note concept
>used Kickstarter to get money from fools with no business sense
>doesn't seem to have any clear themes
>one actual character, a cute mascot and a cardboard cutout
>appeals only to a 20-something demographic who need their dumb lives validated
>has no ambitions or innovations despite being unburdened by the need to appease censors and overtly panders to a specific political sect
>production is marred by countless delays, complete changes of style and direction, failure to establish any kind of schedule or timeline and inability to communicate with fans despite being obviously active on Twitter 24/7

In short, it's the difference between someone who understands the business and knows how to manage time and someone who is lazy, short-sighted and without motivation.
>>
>>79831638

Natasha spent it all on booze and nachos.
>>
File: rare pepe for bee.png (39 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe for bee.png
39 KB, 914x1091
>>79836539
THAT I believe.
>>
>>79835341
Japanese animators work themselves to death for an animation that uses recycled frames for characters that just flap their mouths most of the time.

American animation has in general much more motion and puts more effort into writing on an american work schedule.
>>
File: 1454907920876.png (102 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1454907920876.png
102 KB, 450x443
>>79831673
>Oh I have a video game job for you, maybe there will be cake
Oh look, it's the only reference their audience will get.
>>
>>79831845
I understand what you mean, the discreetness and softness of this show is bordering on babytoons (the cat episode was the worst in this aspect). I imagine a totalitarian government showing this to their citizens to keep them dull and calm.
>>
>>79834168
take a hint
>>
File: kaiba.gif (844 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
kaiba.gif
844 KB, 500x280
>>79835341
There's a number of reasons, but Japanese animators don't actually pump out a new episode each week, they cycle through several teams that are all working simultaneously. The fact that they get less money than a part-time waitress means that they can afford to ramp up production and do way more in-house. They also work way over-time, and it's not unheard of for staff to actually die from over-work, in fact I remember their being a scandal about it within the last year or two. If they were working at reasonable hours, it would take them months to finish too. And I'm not saying this stuff in a judgmental or condemning way, they're just aware that to achieve that quality in a condensed time frame, they have to sacrifice worker's rights and health in a way that wouldn't fly in most modern first-world countries.
>>79836836
>American animation has in general much more motion
Don't know if I agree with that. Japanese animation will cut corners in certain areas for sure, but they also have bursts of fluid animation when they need it, and it feels less stiff than western shows, probably because they're in-house while western shows outsource to Korea more often. Not all anime are equal though, it usually depends on the studio.
>>
>>79838332
So why don't we just outsource our animation to Japanese studios? Is Korean cheaper than a dollar a drawing?
>>
the B&P comics are better than the show honestly
>>
>>79838490
>Don't know if I agree with that. Japanese animation will cut corners in certain areas for sure, but they also have bursts of fluid animation when they need it

if it's not a fight scene, you may as well be listening to an audio recording.

>>79838490
Because we're their direct competition. also probably a nationalistic pride is in there somewhere.
>>
File: bpclt.jpg (224 KB, 880x926) Image search: [Google]
bpclt.jpg
224 KB, 880x926
left or right?
>>
>>79838490
Shit, I read a thread discussing this exact subject on /a/ several months ago, wish I could remember what the explanation was. I think the general idea was that japanese studios were pre-occupied with their own productions to outsource but because the conditions for animators were getting even worse over time, there was rising interest in collaborating with western studios. Don't know what ever came of that, but outsourcing to Japan used to be pretty common in the 80s and 90s. There are pictures floating around of Studio Trigger (which contains famous westaboos) interacting with Sugar and IJQ, and Yuasa recently did that OKKO short and the Adventure Time episode. Plus Space Dandy was kind of a collaboration with Toonami. Maybe there's still hope for the future?
>>79838834
>if it's not a fight scene, you may as well be listening to an audio recording.
KyoAni over-animates mundane bullshit all the time, it's like their bread and butter. There's also comedy shows and artsy shows that can get good animation without action.
>>
>>79838891
Left all day every day
>>
The latest Bee and Puopycat announcement is a fucking cookbook.

http://www.comicbookbin.com/vizmedianews971.html
>>
>>79838891
The Bugs and Bobby don't really strike me as being superior to one or the other, but the middle one is jarring as fuck.

>White hair in a sidecut
>heterochromia
>ambiguously brown color/features

What the dick is this character in the actual show?
>>
>>79837051

this also upset me, i'm not really in to memeshaming but damn it's been 8 years.
>>
>>79838891
Why did they made bee a shortstack?
>>
>>79838608
However, that comic has been super-delayed, unlike Bravest Warriors from the same production company that was completed (by fucking Leth).
>>
>>79838490
Probably because there's no real benefit to it.
>>
>>79838891
Girl is fat as fuck, cats, a black guy with different eye colors and white hair plus a bit blonde and a stupid hairdo. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT IT SAYS TUMBLR ALL OVER IT. And you people are wathcing it
>>
>>79843029
>Cats
Cats aren't tumblr, anon.
>>
>>79843083
But everyone on Tumblr has them to feel less sad with their lives
>>
>>79842036
I love this kind of things but I think they should've waited a bit, maybe for when the show finally happens and gets a bigger following.
>>
>>79842213
Its her love interest
>>
>>79842322
>Shortstack

Please refer to >>>/aco/369617 to learn what actual shortstacks are, Anon. You won't be disappointed.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.