[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I can't tell her my identity >it'll put her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 19
File: the-cw-logo.png (7 KB, 690x290) Image search: [Google]
the-cw-logo.png
7 KB, 690x290
>I can't tell her my identity
>it'll put her life in danger!
>>
File: 6709.jpg (187 KB, 892x689) Image search: [Google]
6709.jpg
187 KB, 892x689
>she's a fragile old lady!
>>
File: banethefirerises.png (513 KB, 532x485) Image search: [Google]
banethefirerises.png
513 KB, 532x485
>>79826628
>I'm a big guy for you.
>>
File: k8vEBoCW.jpg (24 KB, 748x748) Image search: [Google]
k8vEBoCW.jpg
24 KB, 748x748
>I can't stop quipping!
>if we don't generate enough memes the mouse's bottom line is in danger!
>>
File: abra-ka-byebye.jpg (66 KB, 599x402) Image search: [Google]
abra-ka-byebye.jpg
66 KB, 599x402
>>79826628
>YOU LIED TO ME!
>I WAS ONLY TRYING TO PROTECT YOU!
>>
>>79826628
This almost made me drop The Flash in S1, and I dropped it in S2 when they started doing it AGAIN.
>>
>>79827903
Well, Patty figured out by herself. I was disappointed at the beginning but her figuring out by outsmarting Barry/Flash redeemed the arc.

SMALLVILLE IS FUCKING BAD.
>>
>>79828117
It redeemed jack shit, since they pushed her out of the show the second she figured out Barry's secret. She had so much potential, but they really just dropped the ball again with her cause they just had to have some more drama between them.
>>
>>79826628
>I can't tell him my identity.
>It'll put his life in danger!

>saves the fucking day

This is why iZombie is the only CW comic show worth anything
>>
>>79826628
>You lied to me
>it means you can't be my friend
>>
>You can't take this course of action
>I must take this course of action for the good of everyone
>YOU *DRY SOB* CAN'T *GASP* DOOOOO *WHINING* IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
>You're right......have a company.
>>
File: Angry-baby-Givenchy.jpg (23 KB, 640x503) Image search: [Google]
Angry-baby-Givenchy.jpg
23 KB, 640x503
>>79826628

>is put in danger in every episode anyway
>>
>>79828719
>Even though all my friends, her dad, her fiancee, my dad, and all of my arch-enemies already know
>>
File: BPRD-Logo.jpg (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
BPRD-Logo.jpg
99 KB, 500x500
>Wow, you survived the mission.
>You're actually a god and will probably destroy us all.
>>
>>79828290
>This is why iZombie is the only CW comic show worth anything
>curing Major
>letting Blaine live
>>
>I tell her my identity
>it'll put her life in danger

Her life is put in danger more than the people that know the identity
>>
>>79829101
Those are both good things
>>
File: 1403499604447.jpg (33 KB, 533x398) Image search: [Google]
1403499604447.jpg
33 KB, 533x398
>>79826979
years and years of pondering this scene and only just now I figured out what the hell they were saying

>If I take that off, will you die?
>it would be extremely painful
>you're a big guy (the pain wont kill you)
>(it would be extremely painful) for you!

I feel like a fucking idiot for not getting it sooner
>>
>You have to do this.
>But I can't.
>I believe in you, I always did.
>gasp, gasp
>Now go faster Barry
>>
>I've spent years of training to save my city
>I've sacrificed countless friends and family to save my city
>It's finally come down to sacrificing myself to come close to actually saving my city
>pls no, I lub you
>fuck my city, I'm getting laid
>>
>>79829251
Im not so sure, how would anyone get that
>>
>>79829251
Don't be a fucking banebaby
>>
Barry not telling Patty would have felt less bad if earlier in the season he hadn't told Linda just like that.
It might not have ended as well as planned, but the trouble didn't come out of him revealing his identity
>>
>>79828350
I always hate this, especially on CW shows. "Bitch, did you ask him if he was The Arrow/The Flash? No? Then he didn't fucking lie."

If a friend of mine suddenly turned out to be a superhero, my reaction would be "hey, cool, you had to keep your secret identity, I get it." I don't think I would suddenly flip out because I realized they made up an excuse to disappear while the masked hero defeats the villain. People make up lame excuses for less important reasons on a daily basis.
>>
>>79826628
>Are you okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_BLwwlf-oU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHB38zB0PNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2KL4stUQQ
>>
>focus on a bland love interest who contributes nothing to the actual plot
>actress gets a better job and leaves

talk about a waste of fucking time
>>
>>79832903
Patty contributed nothing to the show because the writers wouldn't let her. Hate the game, not the player.
>>
File: 1427323409180s.jpg (9 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
1427323409180s.jpg
9 KB, 250x249
>>79832903
Idk why put i just don't like patty but i can stand felicity. But both have nice asses
>>
File: Bane on a Plane.jpg (42 KB, 552x768) Image search: [Google]
Bane on a Plane.jpg
42 KB, 552x768
>>79829251

That's how it was written, but Tom Hardy intoned it to mean "I'm a big guy for you".
>>
File: 1454907052562.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1454907052562.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>It's another "Ollie keeps the truth from the people he loves even though he's sworn to start being more honest and open with them, ultimately resulting in them finding out and getting angry" episode.
>>
>>79834780
Kek. I don't thing they did that this season yet.
>>
>>79834848
Episode 16 is when Felicity finds out about William. Not to mention Thea still has to find out about Merlyn.
>>
>>79834958
It would be cheap if they get back next season if they do breakup. Cupid probably gives Ollie some bj's
>>
>>79830309
He needed Linda's help and wanted her to trust him.

And it nearly killed her, which further motivated him to keep it a secret from Patty.

It made sense.
>>
>>79834477
wtf? you know she's not a real person right
>>
>>79834477
>>79832903
She did have that vendetta against Weather Wizard , but that was it really.
>>
>Zoom literally unmasked Barry
>Prolly already knows who he is and that he's dating Patty
>Revealing his identity to her and not revealing all have the same consequence
>no point in sending her away 'cuz Zoom is fast as shit and can kill her in any place any time
>Joe literally gave bad advice to Barry for the first time in the show's history

Honestly infuriating, thank God that's over and we're full-on Earth 2 hype train.
>>
>>79835946
also moving away doesn't really mean shit considering Barry can pop over to where she's going in 5 minutes, just staggeringly lazy writing
>>
File: Spider-Drunk.jpg (761 KB, 944x1048) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Drunk.jpg
761 KB, 944x1048
>I can't defend myself from bullies
>I can't be remotely physically competent or autonomous
>It'll put my identity in danger
Fuck you, no seriously, fuck you every iteration of highschool Peter Parker. Fucking stand up for yourself, god damn it. Judo classes, basic boxing, any fucking excuse.
>>
File: 1358340645667.gif (979 KB, 400x316) Image search: [Google]
1358340645667.gif
979 KB, 400x316
>>79826628
>Oh no! She got kidnapped anyway.
>>
>>79838604
>every iteration of highschool Peter Parker

Except in the comics, he beat the shit out of Flash in a boxing match. That's where Pete originally lost his glasses.
>>
The CW shows don't know how to handle relationships or women at all.

Iris.

We are supposed to like Iris. Too bad, she's obnoxious, annoying, stupid, gets herself in trouble, and bitches at everyone for not doing what she says they should.

>Puts herself in danger and threatens race organizer
>Returns to races
>Gets hit on the left side in a nonvital area with a pieces of glass
>Immediately loses consciousness and wakes up in a hospital much later.

Iris feels like poochy. I still haven't found anyone who likes her.
>>
File: propane.jpg (43 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
propane.jpg
43 KB, 500x387
>>79838711
Point, my ire is primarily aimed at Spectacular, Marvel Adventures, Ultimate (that bit about Ben and May having to pay for Flash's medical bills when he assaulted Peter till has me salty). Just... anytime a character can, and by all means should make their bully look like an asshat, they don't because... something.

Seriously, how is Peter knocking Flash and his goons out every time they try some shit going to make people think he's Spider-Man, over the fact that he's the ONLY one that can get his pictures, and disappears every time he appears? It's lazy.

>That water balloon scene in Spectacular
What the actual fuck. Shit, even in the new Spidey comic.

The boy ain't right, has no responsibility for himself.
>>
>>79838784
She milks that injury so fucking bad. She flies backward on hit, acts like she was recovering from a severe beating in the hospital, acting all weak, and she just has a laceration.

you'd be out of the hospital within a day, if even.
>>
>>79829251
It's a testament to how badly the scene was both written and directed
>>
>>79838953
Way to miss the point of the Ultimate story. Especially since Pete stands up to Flash several more times throughout the run.
>>
>>79839306
>Way to miss the point of the Ultimate story
You mean that issue or the series in general? Because I admit, it's been a few years since I reread that. Fogged by the parts I remember, etc.

In all, it just peeves mes that Peter, as the hero of the story, frequently lets people walk over him. I suppose if you were of a mind to enjoy subtle differentiation in character portrayal, the seemingly meek and patheticn-ess of Peter Parker compared to the bombastic and extraordinary personality of Spider-Man would make for an excellent contrast.

But I want to see my favorite hero be Amazing, spectacular, and that includes Parker. When it comes down to bullshit ideals like not defending himself or morally reprehensible plot twists like in Ultimate, it is annoying, point taken or not.

Shit, even during the symbiote arc, in spectacular, Flash talked down to Peter as if he had a leg to stand on, and never got called out for anything. What a houdini.
>>
>>79839751
>leg to stand on
hueh
>>
>>79838784
I like her.
>>
>>79838784
Shes still infinitely better than fucking patty.
>>
>>79839751
Peter being a willing doormat is just too ingrained to people's minds. Remember the shitstorm over the basketball scene in ASM?
>>
>>79840155
I hadn't known about /co/, then. Good times. What happened? I do remember that Uncle Ben really made me go what the fuck to the screen, though.
>>
>>79840230
/co/ is so used to puny Parker they labeled Garfield's Peter a bully for trolling Flash on the basketball court, and also for raising his voice on Ben and May.
>>
File: 1375024115248.png (34 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1375024115248.png
34 KB, 180x180
>>79838784
>Iris, Joe and I arent telling you something because it will put you in danger, please try to understand where we are coming from
>No, fuck the both of you. Im going to be bitchy and smug until you tell me
>>
>>79841251
That's bullshit
but I believe it
>>
>>79829251
Tom Hardy claimed it was big guy for you in his head.
>>
>>79832858
>>79832858

holy shit, I didn't even have to watch those videos and immediately knew what was up

>tfw huge fan of smallville
>"are you okay?"
>"clark?"
>"clark!"
>"CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!"
>>
>>79826628
well niggas for starters, stop hanging around her all the time or showing priority or affections for her when saving her
>>
>>79838784
I'm so fucking glad I'm the only one who noticed this
I counted how many days she was in the hosptal. It was 4. She was in the hospital bed for 4 days because a small piece of glass cut her shoulder
>>
>>79844497
>I'm the only one who noticed this
I mean I'm NOT the only one who noticed this.
Also how come a 2% drop in speed for barry somehow meant that he couldn't move fast enough to catch some glass when at a 100% he could literally travel in time?
>>
>>79844614
Barry isn't at Mach 2 all the time.

Plus the car had just exploded and he was taking care of multiple pieces of shrapnel simultaneously flying in several different directions.
>>
>>79839976
>I wanna fuck her
yea
>>
>>79838953
>>79839751
But Peter wasn't a doormat to Flash in Spectacular. He snarked at him half the time and even followed up on that bet with him and won.

Just because he didn't beat up Flash doesn't mean he didn't stand up for himself.
>>
>>79842354
>Information hurts
No, fuck you, you smug bitch. If I already know there's something fishy then why the fuck won't you tell me besides being an asshole?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>79843415
>>"clark?"
>>"clark!"
>>"CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!"
>>
File: jacksonstein.jpg (55 KB, 346x241) Image search: [Google]
jacksonstein.jpg
55 KB, 346x241
Why does he have pre drugged liquor in his office, is he one of those creepy rapist professors?
>>
>>79848249
>>79838604
>I can't defend myself from bullies
>I can't be remotely physically competent or autonomous
>It'll put my identity in danger
That is the problem; when Peter would have been extremely justified in slapping Flash or his goons around, he didn't, not because he couldn't or didn't want to, but because he thought for some odd reason it would endanger his identity, due to his powers. As if he couldn't say he took classes or watched online videos, he's made more bullshit excuses than that.

The problem isn't that he doesn't stand up for himself, it's that he had such piss poor reasons for not defending himself. Honestly, the water balloon part is the worst. He could have humiliated Flash by not letting him score a single hit, but didn't because fuck dignity.
>>
File: 1451280651331.jpg (56 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1451280651331.jpg
56 KB, 720x720
>>79826628
>we need to work with the psychotic egomaniac killer who we know can't be trusted because he's my sister's father.
>>
They do in the comics all the time, too, though.

Granted, that doesn't make it less dumb.

The bad guys find out anyway, and now your loved ones have no idea that Gremlack the Soul Devourer is looking for them.
>>
>>79844614

Flash's power is very plot dependent.

Honestly, no villain this season but the Turtle should even be a threat. At his current power he could literally be behind their back and punching them out with a blow before they even knew he was there.

I don't know how people with projectile based powers can even put up a fight.

How did he not take out the evil versions of his friends in 3 seconds?
>>
>>79854120
>ow did he not take out the evil versions of his friends in 3 seconds?
Wasn't that explained that he was hesitating because he didn't want to hurt his friends then Wells yelled at him saying "They aren't your friends!"
>>
>>79854377

And considering everything else, why did Barry have such trouble getting basic facts through his head? How many times did he need to hear "this isn't our world" to get it through his thick skull?
>>
File: 1451550008566.jpg (18 KB, 188x213) Image search: [Google]
1451550008566.jpg
18 KB, 188x213
>>79853883
>Even though he had absolutely no hand in raising her
>And our father is literally the key to my superhero origin
>>
>>79853883

Every argument with Malcolm should end when they bring up that everything that started was his fault in the first place.
>>
>>79854421
I'd guess something along the lines of cognitive dissonance. I love my dad to death, but if someone with his face and way of carrying themselves did bad shit or was trying to hurt me, even if I knew it wasn't him, I don't doubt that, subconsciously, I'd be holding back because there's always that sick whisper in your mind, "What if? What if I'm dreaming or under someone else's control, seeing what they want me to? hat if they could be good again?"

Injustice Superman, man.
>>
>>79854599
You. I'd team up with you to fight off a coalition of our worst enemies hellbent on detonating a doomsday device that ravages the populace, allowing them to pick up the pieces and rule unopposed.
n-no homo
>>
>>79854599

I hope you're not one of those guys who can't pull the trigger on your zombie relatives. We don't need guys like you in the hideout. You'll get everyone killed.
>>
>>79854662
Thanks mugga.

>>79854854
Fuck that, for real. My father and I literally have a discussion every once in a while about what to do if either one of us become zombies, since it's a peeve (read:fear) of mine. I'd hate to come home to that.

Literally I tell him to shoot me in the head if I become one, and I'll do the same, because I ain't coming back. If not, decapitation, dismemberment, or shit, even throwing a blanket over our heads and pushing the other out a window.

...Why don't people put blankets over zombies, anyway? Pretty easy to get away from them, in theory that way.
>>
>>79854961
>My father and I literally have a discussion every once in a while about what to do if either one of us become zombies
GOAT Dad, congratulations famalamadingdong
>>
>he tells her
>her life is immediately in danger
>still gets blamed

Every time.
>>
>>79838784
CW has the best women led shows on TV
>>
>>79839125
Its a testament to how fucking retarded Baneposters and the rest of /tv/ are. They've been making fun of a scene they legitimately didn't even understand for fucking years despite hearing it quoted more often than lines from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
>>
>>79829760
Not everyone is as dumb as you anon.
>>
>>79859991
Even in iZombie the best character is Major
>>
>>79860063
My Crazy Ex, Jane the Virgin, The 100

and best iZombie character is Peyton because dammmmmmn girl
>>
>>79860457
>Jane the Virgin
Sorry, but Jane is such a flaky idiot in that show and almost every character is better than her
>>
>>79843415
in first episodes
>shits happens
>Clark does his thing.
>Everyone passes out.
>tfw they woke up
>Clark... I can't remember anything.
>than those Clark screams.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.