[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>his literal birth name is Thor >some chick claims the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: hank-scream.png (224 KB, 450x339) Image search: [Google]
hank-scream.png
224 KB, 450x339
>his literal birth name is Thor
>some chick claims the title of "Thor" from him
>he can't be called Thor anymore

Can somebody help me comprehend this? It's like if my birth name is John but some bitch claims the title of "John" so I have to use my last name now.
>>
>>79034200

Well technically Beta Ray Bill becomes Beta Ray Thor when he uses his hammer.
>>
One easy way to explain it. Bad writing.
>>
>>79034200
>It's like if my birth name is John and I carry around a wallet that says "Property of John. If you've got this wallet, that must mean you're John"
>>
>>79034200
Yes, it's stupid. Everyone knows that.
We don't need to keep bringing it up that it's stupid though.
>>
>>79034651
That doesn't mean you stop being John though. You're still John.
>>
We still have no idea what Fury told him, do we?
>>
The writers are retarded. That's really all there is to it.
>>
Are you surprised capeshit (which is obviously mostly total shit) with a woman author is a recipe for total shit?
>>
>>79034200
> tfw Thor's last name is Twinklebutt
>>
>>79035525
>Jason Aaron is a stunning and brave woman
I want tumblr to leave.
>>
>tfw my name LITERALLY starts with thor
desu i wish someone would steal it
>>
>>79034755
it's not my wallet
>>
>>79034675
We actually do or else it will keep happening.
>>
File: ASquidward.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
ASquidward.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
I'm just as confused
>>
>>79037458
True, but this isn't the place to keep bringing it up. Write a letter or something.
>>
I don't understand it either, the hammer is supposed to make you guardian of Asgard not literally rename you to Thorr
>>
>>79034200
I can get other people calling her Thor; to them, for all they know, Asgardians might just turn into chicks sometimes. Weirder shit has happened.

Why would Jane lie about it and call herself Thor, though?
>>
>>79035623
How could you prove otherwise? For all we know, some random woman started squatting in his house, and took his name to match. This run of Thor could be semi-biographical.
>>
>>79038950

Wrong too.

The hammer was supposed to give Thor magical thunder powers and "focus" his already godly powers.

Now it makes you Thor.

Marvel is retarded and I can't fucking wait til this cancerous Thor and black captain america fuck off.
>>
File: Eh.png (389 KB, 818x640) Image search: [Google]
Eh.png
389 KB, 818x640
>>79038743
Repeatedly complaining about comics is our raison d'etre surely.
>>
>>79038950
Except nobody would care about her nor would it have gotten as much press if she were not named Thor.
>>
It's capeshit. They can do whatever they want and people will still buy it.
>>
>>79034200
When someone uses mjolnir to take on the power and form of Thor (such as BRB, Eric Masterson, Dargo Ktor, and now Jane Foster) they also adopt the name Thor for that form. In BRB's case, he was referred to as Beta Ray Thor, by Odin himself at that.

This doesn't mean that Thor Odinson can't keep calling himself Thor since that's his name. HOWEVER, this time, Thor Odinson had lost his worthiness and as a result became all depressed. Then when he saw someone else actually being worthy and using Mjolnir he went all "if I'm not worthy enough for mjolnir then I'm not even worthy enough for my name." To which Jane and everyone else around them said was stupid, and Odinson didn't care because he was all depressed.

The "thor no longer calling himself thor" thing is dumb, but wielders of mjolnir have always gone by "Thor" while in their Thor-forms.
>>
>>79040559
So, does Thor Odinson remember that he's worthy now because of Secret Wars or is he still depressed?
>>
Jane calling herself Thor is stupid, we all know that already.
>>
>>79035526
It's Odinson
Because he's the Son of Odin Son of a some other guy
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.