[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is star wars rebels good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
is star wars rebels good?
>>
>>79026843
>Season 1
Meh tier
>Season 2
Good tier
>Season 3
Soon to be God Tier
>>
Not yet
>>
ye
>>
>>79026843
Not really. It is Star Wars after all.
>>
>>79026843
No it's pretty awful so far. The entire main cast is completely unbearable. Vader and Tarkin showing up was good but then they fuck off and leave us with shit again. Also the budget is god awful you would think Disney would let fucking starwars have more than 5 sets but I guess they are just too greedy.
>>
>>79026843
Is Vader gonna kill ahsoka?
>>
>>79027366

>66
You tell me, Sheev.
>>
>>79027366
And Rex. Loose ends needs to be tied up.
>>
>>79026934
We haven't seen anything on season three yet.
>>
>>79026934
season 3 hasn't come out yet. that new trailer is for remaining of season 2. So,
>Season 1
Meh tier
>Season 2
God tier

is more accurate for you.

>>79027198
upcoming episodes will have more of Vader appearing. While budget is lower than TCW, I think it's relatively fine and that the art style and look of it is to go closer to Ralph McQuarries concept look and OT.
>>
Season one starts out shitty but it gets better by about half way through. It's no Clone Wars but it's not as embarrassing as some of the early episodes make it out to be.
>>
>>79029123
>It's no Clone Wars
So, given that I thought The Clone Wars sucked, I can assume I won't like Rebels?
>>
>>79029420
Jesus christ anon. Just download a few episodes and just form an opinion.

You sound like you belong on /v/ with you wanting to be spoonfed on how to think.
>>
>>79029810
I don't have the free time to spend watching seceral episodes of a show to decide whether I should watch more, especially when anons say the quality varies as it goes. That's exactly why someone asks if it's worth watching.
>>
My opinion from watching the first season is:

-Space battles are awful.
-I don't like the art style for the show, and it didn't grow on me like The Clone Wars.
-Aside from Kanan, I didn't care about any of the main characters.
-The Empire is astoundingly incompetent, and the Stormtroopers are a joke (the battle droids are more competent).
-They mostly hang around the same planet, but maybe the second season fixed that.
>>
>>79030346
Why are you here if your time is so precious? You definitely have time to watch a cartoon.
>>
A and B wings shouldn't exist yet.

They changed Sabine's hair color and that makes me angry.
>>
>>79026843
>three Jedi heroes and three non-Jedi heroes
They're getting dangerously close to the prequels turning point. The best thing about the rebellion, and the OT in general, was the feel of the little guy fighting the vast power of the Empire. That charm vanishes when you throw too many magical space knights up there.
>>
>>79032110
Get ready, cause Yoda, Han Solo, and Chewie are showing up eventually.
>>
File: palpy.jpg (111 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
palpy.jpg
111 KB, 620x320
>>79027366
>>79027366
>operation hot zone kill confirmed
>>
>>79032031
Yeah space battles in season one are bit lackluster however the space space in season 2 is good. Vader owning entire rebel fleet on his own was awesome while using "spinning, it's a good trick"

I kinda like the art style and don't mind it. And I tend to enjoy almost all the characters. I still don't care for Space Aladdin though.

The empire always have seems incompetent on their own without Emperor or Vader's guidance. Season 2 opening really shows how military tactical and intelligent he is. Stormtroopers always been a joke in OT. the returning clones troopers in season 2 even mock the incompetence of the stormtroopers.

I agree I didn't like that aspect of them hanging around same planet too much. however in season 2 they're starting head out to other places now which is looking good so far.
>>
>>79027366
>Is Vader gonna rape ahsoka?

fixed
>>
I got about 10 minutes into the first episode. The main character was fucking insufferable. It might get better but I didn't feel like investing anymore time into it
>>
>>79030346
Don't watch anything - ever.
Tend to your busy life instead.
Bye bye.
>>
>>79026843
start watching season three, clone wars sucked for the first two seasons. then you watch the good seasons to make the first shitty seasons good
>>
>>79026843

Nothing with the name Star Wars is good.
>>
>>79026843
Yes.
>>
>>79032559
Yoda looks so weird in Rebels.
>>
>>79027366
undoubtedly.
>>
>>79035807
This
>>
>>79026843
Nu
Cle
Ar
>>
>>79026843
/co/mblr likes it.

Regular /co/ think it's ok.
>>
>>79026843
No, only people who think it is are children and fat manchildren
>>
>>79032559
>Han Solo, and Chewie are showing up eventually.
That's bullshit tho, because OT Han had never seen Jedis or the force before A new hope
>>
File: 1452152378758.jpg (2 MB, 1592x2556) Image search: [Google]
1452152378758.jpg
2 MB, 1592x2556
does Rebels have a chart like this?
>>
I like Rebels more than TCW. Season 1's worst episodes are about as bad as TCW's medium-tier episodes. Season 2 has been fantastic so far.
>>
>>79036520
Who said they were meeting Jedi? Just let them meet characters that aren't Jedi.
>>
>>79036807
There's only one and a half seasons. It does not take long to binge through it. I watched all of season 1 in one day.
>>
>>79036520
What if it's an episode about just Zeb and Sabine meeting Han and Chewie?
>>
>>79036090
Don't you mean snoklear?
>>
If the series is going to be canon, literally all the main characters have to either die at the end, or just suddenly decide to stop doing what they're doing.
>>
could i watch clone wars as a replacement for the prequels?
>>
>>79038952
The galaxy is a fucking huge place maybe they go to chil somewhere far away
>>
>>79034442
he can't rape anything if is his dick is charred
>>
>>79038721
>it's a Han, Chewie, and Zeb rape Sabine episode
>>
>>79039024
If you mean the Gendy Taratovsky ones, yes. It's the ideas of the prequels executed by a competent director an an animation team of actual animators rather than SFX guys who thought they weren't just doing animation.

If you mean the tv series, that's going to take considerably more time.
>>
>>79032059
Browsing /co/ is something I can do on my work breaks.

Other anons have already said this show can't be judged by it's first few episodes; asking if it's worth the time investment to see farther in is a perfectly reasonable question.
>>
>>79036807
You can't skip episodes in Rebels. It's one narrative serialization
>>
>>79038952
The galaxy is a fuckhuge place, anon.
>>
>>79026843

Wasted potential. Had the possibility of giving us a true-blue, honest-to-God story in the Star Wars universe that wasn't unnecessarily tied into Vader and all the original trilogy bullshit that would entail.

Then they did that, which means the very instant he showed up, it was a given that they'd never defeat him and they'd never do anything of consequence as rebels, because Luke already did all that shit in Episode 6.

Dropped it the instant Vader showed up. The only thing they can do from that point on is so much pointless bullshit with ancillary characters like MUH APPRENTICE that I never cared about because they add nothing at all to the Star Wars story as a whole.
>>
>>79026843

I hope they release an enhanced version of the series, where they go back and retouch the lighting, textures and effects so that it looks on par with the clone wars or better
>>
>>79035852

Supposedly it's not how he actually looks but how Ezra imagines him to, based off of an old Kenner action figure.

Apparently would have included the snake too if they had the budget.

>>79044738

Considering Ahsoka is involved I don't think Vader being absent was ever a possibility. They may have also wanted to give exposure on what he was doing between Episodes III and IV.

Can't pass up the possible merchandise shekels either.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.