[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy is the most mentally unstable character to have ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
File: Robin.jpg (46 KB, 129x250) Image search: [Google]
Robin.jpg
46 KB, 129x250
This guy is the most mentally unstable character to have ever been on cartoon network
>>
File: kill_it_with_fire.png (1 MB, 1275x718) Image search: [Google]
kill_it_with_fire.png
1 MB, 1275x718
I know, isn't it great? Guy's a fucking sociopath with self-esteem issues and a fragile ego.
>>
>>78827525

That's what makes him a shit character. I like the original Robin instead.
>>
>>78827379
>>78827567
Hes arguably best character for these reasons, next to Raven..
He was a generic young hero in the 03 titans.
>>
>>78827567
>I like the original Robin instead.
He's passed on! That Robin is no more! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If you nostalgiafags didn't keep pining for him he'd be pushing up the daisies! His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the twig! He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible!!

THAT IS AN EX-ROBIN!!
>>
>>78827567
>bad people are bad characters
watch Care Bears.
>>
>>78827379

I mean aren't his parents dead and doesn't he literally fight for his life every day instead of ever having gone to school and doesn't he have to cope with running with supernatural people every day when he doesn't have shit for powers and also batman wont ever text back
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
>>78827379
Close, but not quite.
>>
>>78827567
He's my favorite character in the show. Fuck off.
>>
>>78830057
They drop that part of her pretty quickly.
>>
You're saying it's like a bad thing
>>
>>78827634
his comedic sociopath is hilarious
the other stuff like him failing as a leader and as a hero for not having superpowers or an arch enemy not so much
>>
>>78827379
People forget this show s more lile Sealab 2021 Space Ghost or the Brak show.

It's surrealist juvenile humor with superheroes acting like idoits. That's the point
>>
>>78831089
http://youtu.be/YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>that scene where he acts out getting slapped and psychologically abused by Bruce and Alfred like Bender acting out his dads abuse in the Breakfast Club

http://www.youtube.com/embed/BTgGa_t3MME?autoplay=1&FORM=VIRE1&PC=SMSM
>>
This show made both Robin and Cyborg more interesting as characters somehow. Or at least more fun.
>>
File: giphy.gif (370 KB, 360x223) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
370 KB, 360x223
>>78827634
>literally the first youth superhero ever
>that means his personality is generic
I bet you think Superman is boring too
>>
>>78831299
I'll admit, that really made me laugh
>>
>>78831419
Well he is. When he isn't portrayed as completely and utterly flawless he's portrayed as a super powered ball of screaming and angst.
>>
>>78831856
He isn't. You've just been told that you should hold that opinion
>>
>>78831930
Or he watched the old show.
>>
>>78831930
By who exactly? In the portrayals of Superman I've seen those are the only two angles they tend to shoot for. Only exception I saw was Luthor but even then it's ultimately a perspective shift comic so the view is bound to differ
>>
>>78827567
>liking a Gary Stu
>>
>>78832104
What exactly is wrong with idealized archetypes in fantasy?
>>
>>78832023
You have to understand these characters as more then just themselves, but as the whole of their extended worlds. The cities these characters exist in and the other figures that populate it are reflections of different aspects of the completeness of the central figure. Superman is more than just himself, he is Smallville, Metropolis, the Fortress of Solitude, Lex Luthor, the Daily Planet and is as complex as the full landscape taken all together
>>
>>78827379
oh gee maybe because this character is just an over the top parody of his former self?
>>
>>78832121
They're boring. The only purpose they serve is to allow the reader to live out a power fantasy through self-insertion. When you have a perfect being that everyone loves that does everything right it removes all notion of tension or unpredictability. You already KNOW Superman is going to win because he's Superman and even when he's killed he just comes back stronger and wins again
>>
>>78827567
>him being over the top and funny makes him a shit character on a comedy show
>he should be like the stoic original
>>
>>78832283
Used to be a butt monkey in Go but ultimately Robin is the character that made the most drastic change in personalitiy. He isn't really even a flanderization anymore so much as he's a different character entirely.
>>
>>78832238
That's just part of the issue then. Because the world Superman occupies is much more interesting than Superman himself. The character should have something relatable about him, we can learn about interesting characters in Superman's WORLD and see other parts of those that occupy it but Superman himself has nothing to him, nothing deeper and when people try to add flaw to his flawlessness they usually go too far and make him scream and cry and break shit like a teenager
>>
>>78832309
I like TTG but I'm actually curious about this
I mean, what if the show still was a comedy but if he was just a stoic guy, would that work? Would it still leave the possibility for jokes about him and all?
>>
>>78832479
Not really. It wouldn't mesh right due to the show's style of humor. It'd just make Robin the only straight man in a ridiculous world. Not every comedy needs a straight man
>>
>>78827379
>most mentally unstable character
>it's not a female
Somebody screwed up somewhere.
>>
>>78828040
you know maybe the show is shit but robin fucking hilarious the guy is so fucked up that i just look at him and laught even when a found that robin know that his previous incarnation was a stoic badass and he try to be that way but he cant just fail and get humiliated i swear this guy is gonna kill all the titans in some point
>>
>>78832769
TTG has quite a few interesting things if you choose to look into it beyond a joke
>TTG was a reboot caused by Control Freak
>Robin has memories of his previous incarnation and cause the original tower's destruction
And TTG is getting better. Two Parter and The Night Begins to Shine are examples of that
>>
>>78832876
>>Robin has memories of his previous incarnation and cause the original tower's destruction
When was that shown?
>>
>>78833039
The episode about Robin's mask. He mentions having shown his face to his previous team, flashing back to original TT style wherein the tower was nuked by a missile barrage when Robin took his mask off.
>>
File: hex.jpg (12 KB, 353x199) Image search: [Google]
hex.jpg
12 KB, 353x199
>>78827379
>Thinks TTG Robin is mentally unstable
There's someone here I'd like you to meet...
>>
>>78827567
He's exactly how original Robin would be in a full comedy
>>
>>78833193
TTG Robin is supposed to be a hero though and he's a downright sociopath at times.
>>
>>78833132
I'm gonna need a video of that
>>
>>78833269

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ukHQ5TscY

Robin from the original show would've made a boring comedy show character
>>
>>78833367
>>78832876
Deepest
Lore
>>
>>78832289
I was with you until the last line. You know the good guya wins because they always win outside tragedies.
>>
>>78832876
that actually really cool the show do get better, the idea that robin is the only one aside from control freak that keep the memories of his previous incarnation explain all his behavior he knows everything is wrong at the same time the show continuous he is falling more into madness
>>
>>78833482
There should be some semblance of a power struggle but every encounter has three flavors
A. Superman wins with minimal to no damage inflicted to himself or others
B. Superman wins but people got hurt so he has to leave for a sulk until he inevitably returns for A.
C. Superman is curbstomped to death until he inevitably returns for A.
There's never really a tit for tat with Superman, it's mostly a game of extremes
>>
>>78833618
JLU is a good.example of a counter example.

I am saying that's not inherent to Superman it's just bad writing.

Hell, All Star had almost no tit for tat and it's heralded as a classic
>>
>>78827911
Highly underrated post
>>
>>78833488
>robin does something that gets the whole team but him killed
>he goes to mind freak and begs him to use his powers to put Robin in some sort of TV simulation
>Robin goes crazy and convinces himself that the team will only stay safe if he keeps his mask on
It's a rough theory but only because there's so little to go on right now.
>>
Doesn't Raven have the Zone logo on the bottom of her shoes in TTG?
>>
>>78827379
And he's not even Jason Todd.
>>
>>78833879
Control Freak rebooted the series because he hated the Titans, not for Robin's sake. He then threatened to do it again.

The reason he keeps the mask on is because he has a parasitic twin as one of his eyes.
>>
>>78833879
something similar the tower is destroyed and the titans are dead except robin, control freak was the titans enenmy but he always respect them and wanted to be the one that defeat them so when this happen, he use his reboot ability to revive them and accomplish his objective, robin been the only survirvor remember his original universe and has original robin memories so he cant understand why he and the titans are alive
>>
>>78834684
He did it because he hated them but also because he wanted to win an emmy.
>>
>make loud noises
>this pleases the baby
>>
File: thegoldengod.jpg (45 KB, 432x648) Image search: [Google]
thegoldengod.jpg
45 KB, 432x648
>>78827379
He's basically this guy and I love it
Though a case could be made for him being Charlie
>>
>>78835886
"Congratulations, Robin."
"Bruce Wayne's a Nazi."
>>
>>78832876
It's an appropriate thematic follow-up too. Things Change ends with Terra telling Beast Boy that things can never be the way they were again, and implies that maybe things were never the way he remembered. Following after that, you can take TTG as being told from Terra's P.O.V., where the Titans are obliviously awful people most of the time.
>>
>>78833251
TTG confirmed Millerverse canon.
>>
File: thumbnail_58349.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_58349.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
Not even close.
>>
>>78832023
the fun thing about superman is that he has the best villains
>>
>>78833039
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ukHQ5TscY
>>
>>78831856
>>78831930
See, I think the issue here is that one of you is talking about the comics and one of you is talking about some retarded cartoon.
>>
>>78832465
That's simply because writers don't understand what the core of Superman is. He is Hope, that no matter what he's there and it's going to be alright. Except there's legitimate flaws to him.
He wants to save everyone but he can't be everywhere at once. Imagine the psychological toll on a man who can do anything but not everything. Knowing everytime he saves one person he's condemning a dozen others to die.
He was raised that if hes a hero he cant hide himself. Clark Kent is the mask, but he's just a man named Clark who can do amazing things. Mirror that to Batman where Bruce is the mask that he doesn't mind, because he hasn't been Bruce since he was a child.
That a dozen more flaws to him.
People who think Superman is flawless, either don't read his Comics or take everything at face value and can't understand complex undertones.
>>
>>78835886
"he was the original"
"the original what"
>>
>>78827379
>watching Teen Titans Go, Uncle Grandpa or Johnny Test unironically

Kill self before you tell your friends about your favourite cartoons
>>
>>78831198
I agree with this
>>
>>78827379
>not Skyler Page
>>
>>78827567
>Actually liking moody Shonen trope Robin.
>>
>>78839685
>still using ironically
>talking with "friends" about cartoons
>shitting on UG
wow so much faggotry in one post, congrats you fucking shitlord
>>
File: 1450379822253.gif (2 MB, 335x340) Image search: [Google]
1450379822253.gif
2 MB, 335x340
>He has to play with puppets of the Titans to not go insane
That was one of the best episodes
>>
>>78839820
The Kid Flash one was pretty great too.
>>
>>78827379
The writers of the show admit their writing and characters are shit anon
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.