[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does nobody fight like a real person in this show? They just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 7
File: JessicaJones.jpg (1 MB, 2291x1794) Image search: [Google]
JessicaJones.jpg
1 MB, 2291x1794
Why does nobody fight like a real person in this show? They just keep casually throwing each other through the air or into objects.

Did none of these drug dealers, street thugs, superheroes or mercenaries ever learn how to fight? Is it supposed to show that some of them are super strong? Is it a satire of over-the-top cape comic fights? I don't get it. I was actually happy when there wasn't an action scene in this show because they were so bad they really took me out of it.

I really hope Iron Fist has a good fight choreographer.
>>
>>78629510
Too bad Iron Fist is gonna have the worst showrunner imaginable.
>>
>>78629510
Who is this sugar cougar on the left?
She's gorgeous
>>
>>78630581
It's Carrie Ann Moss.
>>
>>78630656
Weird, she's so much hotter now than in the Matrix.
>>
Yes! The fight choreography is so fucking bad in this show. It's like they put all of their points in snappy dialogue and ignored everything else.
>>
>>78630682
She's aged pretty well. She's also an aggressive lesbian lawyer in the show.
>>
>>78630513
>guy from late season Dexter
Jesus fuck, why?
>>
What show is this?
>>
>>78630776
Le Purple Guy Show, featuring Trigger Girl and BBC Guy
>>
>>78630800
Thanks for the stale memes but I would like some fresh ones
>>
>>78630814
Jessica Jones

trivia: Jessica's butt hole had poop on it for the first 5 episodes.
>>
>>78629510
where the fuck can I get jessica's jacket
>>
>>78630834
So did Luke's dick after episode 2.
>>
>>78630852
sears
>>
>>78630733
It's like the protagonist doesn't know how to... Oh
It's like Luke doesn't care about getting hit because... Oh yeah
>>
File: jessicaJonesHasADirtyButtHole.png (354 KB, 619x360) Image search: [Google]
jessicaJonesHasADirtyButtHole.png
354 KB, 619x360
Where were you when Jessica didnt wipe?
>>
>>78630924
Except it's literally everyone. Like it's Nuke and Patsy and all the thugs too. The fight scenes just aren't good.
>>
Nah I actually liked how casually Luke "fought". It was like we was trying to walk through a bunch of drapes.
>>
Why would any of the characters other than Patsy and Simpson know how to fight?
>>
>>78630924
>>78630968
>>78630970
This is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>78630996
Damn you're right. You better keep posting anonymously so none of the cool kids in your class think you're one of us.
>>
>normal people being bad at fighting

who would have thought? or were you expecting some ninja moves out of rugby guy #4?
>>
>>78630958
the nuke fights werent bad though. both when he styled on patsy and later when he took her and jess jones both on and lost.
>>
>>78630682
The shitty slicked-back hair look from the Matrix rarely looks good on anyone in the first place, and it did NOT fit her face well at all.
>>
>>78629510
>any cape show
>realistic fighting
Pick one.
>>
>>78630753
its been like 15 years and she doesnt look like she aged 5. her aging is almost keanu tier.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with the people in this thread? I can't believe the absolutely ridiculous nonsense spewing you of the shit holes you call your faces. Jessica Jones poops and doesn't wipe in the first episode and we don't see her shower or anything for like 5 more episodes. She went an entire week with a crusty sphincter. You're an embarrassment /co/. Absolutely embarrassing.
>>
>>78629510

Well when you have super strength it might be hard to spar without punching someone's head off...
>>
>>78631247
Their strength seems very inconsistent honestly.
>>
>>78629510

"Real people" fight like crap.
>>
>>78631207

You seem incredibly hung up on an irrelevant and more than likely untrue detail.
>>
>>78631207
You expect to see every damn time she showers?
Way to be creepy.
>>
>>78629510
It's especially weird considering how good the fighting choreography of Daredevil was. I mean, I get it that it's not the same people who made those shows, but it's the same fucking network and they're in the same continuity, it's like Netflix' Arrow and Flash. Couldn't they at the very least have consulted some of the choreographers who worked on Daredevil?
>>
>>78631247
Her power level sucks though
She routinely jobs to regular people and would probably lose a fight against a 3rd grader. I don't think she actually won a single fight on her own through the entire show.
>>
Maybe these aren't the type of people to have coreographed fights.
>>
>>78631247
She got overpowered by like 2 guys and knocked out with a piece wood.
>>
>>78630775
>>78630513
Also the guy from the final season of Six Feet Under. At last that's what I'm holding on to. The finale will certainly be something.

Also, who will Michael C. Hall play?
>>
File: JJ WW 01.webm (581 KB, 648x720) Image search: [Google]
JJ WW 01.webm
581 KB, 648x720
Literally 70s tier
>>
>Caring about Jessica Jones as anything more than the delivery system for based Luke Cage
Sweet Christmas
>>
The fight scenes seemed so bad because arguably what daredevil did so right was the pretty beautifully choreographed fights, made JJ look like shit in comparison
>>
>>78633793
It probably also suffered slightly from the same thing that hurt the last Daredevil fight in where it must be hard as fuck to find a 7 feet tall bald stunt actor, so the actual actor must monkey around safely.
>>
>>78630945
Fapping furiously
>>
File: what the fuck.webm (268 KB, 554x400) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.webm
268 KB, 554x400
>>78633793
It's shit by any standard
>>
>>78632211

This.
Ive been in maybe 4 fights in my entire life and observed about that many from the out side.

They usually involve someone flailing their arms around and shoving one another.

One good punch is all you really need to put someone down. But people don't really seem to get that and try to mimic combo moves from fucking video games.

Maybe its because Im a skinny motherfucker but your best bet to to fight defensively, popping in and out of the reach. And then punching them in the fucking throat or smashing them over the head with a blunt object the second you have an opening.

You look like a faggot doing it but I works.
I nearly killed a man with 100 pounds on me with a scented candle once. I had to wash his blood out of my hair
>>
>>78633854
Don't see anything wrong with that. She just tosses a guy aside.

Did you expect a roundhouse kick?
>>
>>78633919
So if you beat people over the head with a heavy blunt object they tend to be knocked unconscious. Good to know.
>>
>>78634127

Simplicity works.
Trying to show off only gets your ass beat.
>>
Personally, I find Lukes to be a really boring character, and I have no idea how he's going to carry his own show. Unlike Jessica, his powers seem to be an integral part of his personality instead of a peripheral trait, and his only concerns seem to be his bar and his wife, both of which are out of his life entirely. Maybe his motivations are more fleshed out in the comics, but judging by the show alone, I'm nother sure they'll be able to take the character in any interesting direction.
>>
>>78630656
how did she get so bow legged?
>>
>>78634061
>She tosses him aside
Watch closely and you can see something odd about the his fall
>>
Have you ever seen thugs actually fight? They flail around, swing at the back of the head, pull clothes, and try judo throws and shit they've seen on TV. The fighting in JJ was pretty accurate considering no one was supposed to be a trained fighter
>>
>>78631136
...what does Morpheus look like now?
>>
>>78633505
>>78633551
literally high Str, low Con
>>
>>78634431
Then how did she not get her insides scrambled by Luke's superdicking?
>>
>>78634162
Wait, what? Luke is getting his own show too?
>>
>>78634449
Same way his wife didn't
>>
>>78629510
Remember that Jessica was considering being a superhero and her only power is super-strength. Literally any hobo with a knife could kill her much less one with a gun. A regular person with a gun would make a better super hero. oh wait, Simpson did until Jessica told Kilgrave his plan and gave him the bomb Kilgrave would immediately use to maim Simpson and kill his boys
>>
>>78634162
Yeah, I'm not seeing his series working. There's really nothing to be showcased, his powerset is a bit boring and unless they reinvent the character in some way, there's not a lot for him to do. With Daredevil you have the fights and with Jessica you have the whole Purple Man story, but even that doesn't go further beyond. I'm curious as to what they'll do with Luke that isn't just boring mystery solving. Although Claire is present, so there's that.
>>
>>78633224
>>78633140
We see her when she poops
We see her not wiping
This is probably the most important detail in the whole show. It has tremendous implications to the lore.

Jessica Jones...has a poopy butthole.
>>
>>78636722
I've pooped and wiped and it came out clean first try, so it's more like a probability thing. And since she's a woman on TV she probably doesn't have nearly as much ass-hair as I do, although that's also a probability thing.
>>
>>78636763
>implying JJ's bush isn't so huge it reaches her asshole
>implying she would ever trim or shave
>>
>>78631207
How do you know she didn't pee? Girls don't stand when they pee anon.
>>
>>78634493
Where have you been?
>>
>>78636890
I dunno, anon, my girlfriend does. It's a bit harder with her smaller penis, but she can manage.
>>
>>78636722
You literally have autism. Here's your (You).
>>
>>78636988
That's not a girl.

>using Family Guy humor as a way of defending argument
>>
>>78636890
because they make a pun during the scene.
She reaches for the toilet paper and then exclaims "shit"
>>78636996
OH I'm sooo sorry. Go back to whining about fake fights in your webseries about magic and black men owning small businesses.
>>
>>78633562
>Also, who will Michael C. Hall play?

Rand.
>>
>>78637243
You think that was a pun? Jesus Christ dude. >>78637243
Yeah, Jesus Christ. WTF are you even talking about?
>>
>>78634407

I don't know, but I know one thing.

Black don't crack.
>>
>>78638396
did you try to samefag but all in one post?
>>
>>78638396
embarrassing display
>>
>>78638396
whats worse is how your second post is quoting and agreeing with your first. Christ, what is your life like?
>>
File: Capture.png (825 KB, 946x535) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
825 KB, 946x535
>>78638396
I guess this wasn't a pun either right?
>>
>>78638396
what a dweeb
>>
>>78629510
>muh realizm
>>
>>78633650
This. I do not understand how any nigga thinks is good or believable for the characters in the show.
>>
>>78630581
I preferred the assistant
>>
>>78634061
She pushes him then when it switches cameras, she pushes him again like it went back in time.
>>
>>78629510
Probably because you rarely see 2 normal people go at until the dock scene in the last episode that looks believable. Most fights are Jessica and sometimes Luke who both have superstrength and aren't gonna bother not using it to their advantage.
>>
>>78636623
>>78634162
They can introduce Danny
>>
>>78634061
>Did you expect some kind of over-exaggerated thing that suits my retarded point of view?
>>
this show is a fucking abomination. how the hell is it rated almost as high as daredevil on imdb?
>>
Why is this whole show so fucking bad?

None of it made any sense. I didn't care about any of the characters. Everyone was some kind of mentally ill asshole. The dialog was terrible, the casting was shit, and the action choreography was garbage.

Barely any of the appeal of the source material shone through, and basically only glimmerings of The Purple Man and Nuke. In a whole season of TV, they had maybe ten minutes worth watching.
>>
>>78651152
Because Daredevel was shit, too.

>...b-b-but it was a 13-hour movie!
Yeah, it was a movie's worth of material with filler stretching it out to 13 hours. Instead of keeping the Kingpin fascinatingly mysterious, they spent hours on Sopranos-lite bullshit.

Daredevil, the high-profile blind lawyer who goes directly and openly after the same people in and out of costume, wears a fucking blindfold for his "disguise"!

It's such fucking trash.
>>
>>78629510
throwing makes an illusion of action with less risk of damage to the visual parts of body. is someone breaks a nose it would be hell not only to pay them off but for the whole filming since sometimes things are filmed out of order and healing takes time.
>>
>>78651436
Daredevel was better. Daredevel mishandled some of its bad guys but you have to be blind not to think it was better then JESSSICAAAAA
>>
>>78651546
>better
Not as terrible, maybe, but neither of them were even close to being worth the time to watch them.
>>
>>78636055
If anything, she's a human grappling hook, so in a sense, she can reach distances and heights far better than a guy with a gun. (unless that guy is Rorshach)
>>
>>78651436
>>78651562
I kinda enjoyed it up until the Russian's death. By then I kinda lost fucks to give to any of them except Ben Urich.

>tfw Marvel netflix old black guys spawn their own red flags more often than they should
>>
>>78651546
We need some good JessJones drinking rules

>a shot for anyone mentioning "Hope" or Tennant yelling JESSICAAAA
>a pint for "you know what he can do"
>a glass for Jess drinking alcohol.

>glass of water for random sex scenes
>>
>>78636055
Well, her other superpower was developing a totally-unexplained asspull immunity to The Purple Man, I mean Killgrave, I mean Kilgrave, I mean Kevin Thompson.

I get the feeling that this was written by some liberal arts faggots who "are just doing this for their day job", and think their own total ineptitude is far above the source material they were given. "Killgrave? That's such a made-up name! Let's spend screen time making fun of that, and make that his made-up supervillain name."
>>
>>78651724
>glass of water
lets make it 1/4 of a glass, we would not want peoples bladders to burst. also add a shot for every time simpson is correct but Jessica's pride/presumption gets in the way.
>>
I watched all of Jessica Jones.
I say watched, I had it on while doing some work and just listened to it and occasionally glanced over at it.

Good to know I wasnt missing much.
>>
File: Sheldon_2.png (184 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
Sheldon_2.png
184 KB, 720x544
>>78651782
When they revealed his name, I had this scene in my head where Jessica was making fun of it, Plankton style.
>>
>>78651436
>high-profile
They had just started their law firm, their office sucked, and the only reason they had a client/secretary is because no one else was crazy enough to take her case.

Also,
>Daredevil has a mask on!
>He must be a blind guy!
Is a huge leap in logic. Most people probably assume you can see through it. Nobody thought Rorschach was blind.
>>
>>78651871
Add in biting a piece of chili pepper when Simpson asks for a red
>>
>>78651724
So the game is designed to kill you.
>>
>>78647343
So? Jackie Chan did this all the time.

The choreography can be a bit shit in this series, but that's really not the problem.
>>
>>78651782
More likely it was a compromise between writers correctly thinking the name is fucking stupid and wanting to change it and corporate overlords insisting of none of the names changing for synergy reasons.

They managed to get out of the purple man problem by making every single frame a murky blue/purple.
>>
>>78652306
I still wished he went full veiny purple after his father ubercharged him instead of a tease.
>>
>>78652143
>They had just started their law firm, their office sucked
It didn't take them long to get on The Kingpin's radar. I'd call that high-profile.

>>Daredevil has a mask on!
>>He must be a blind guy!
>Is a huge leap in logic. Most people probably assume you can see through it.
A guy running around in a blindfold, in the dark, at night. Yeah, that wouldn't impair his vision at all.

"Hey, there's a vigilante in a blindfold fucking with my criminal operation while a blind lawyer with the same height, build, skin tone, and jaw line is also fucking with my criminal operation. I guess there's no point in following that up..."
>>
>>78652369
No one in the city would most likely bother assessing a random blind lawyer with a vigilante unless said blind lawyer was publicly involving himself with Daredevil in media. Why do you think Batman and Bruce Wayne are still kept different despite the chin?
>>
>>78630924

An in-story reason might make an excuse for bad visuals, but it doesn't make them any better to watch.
>>
>>78635148

He and his wife were married before he went to prison.
>>
>>78652306
>writers correctly thinking the name is fucking stupid
And "Jessica Jones" and "Luke Cage" aren't made-up comic book names?

"Killgrave" sounds as plausible a name as "Cage", and most real-world parents have the sense to avoid alliterative names.

If you try too hard to make comic book material into something serious, it goes from being stylized fun to just plain stupid, and that's exactly what happened with Jessica Jones.

This is not Dexter. This is not The Sopranos. If you want to write those things, don't start from a comic book. It can be dark. It can be black as fuck, like Heath Ledger's Joker, but there's no way to remove the fundamental silliness. You can only remove the fun.

This is the world, and the city, where The Avengers happened. Remember that? With the mind-controlling villain?

Comic books work because you're having so much fun you just roll with the dumb stuff. If the writers don't understand that, if instead they're trying to eliminate the dumb stuff (which is impossible while making any significant use of underpants-on-the-outside funny papers), they can't generate the fun.
>>
>>78652436
>a random blind lawyer
...going after the Kingpin.
>a vigilante
...also going after the Kingpin.

>Why do you think Batman and Bruce Wayne are still kept different despite the chin?
Because Bruce Wayne is, publicly, a frivolous playboy enjoying his inherited wealth without a serious thought in his head, not a crusader for justice going after the same people he stalks as Batman.

Daredevil's whole secret identity thing is that nobody knows he's blind, so nobody would suspect a blind man of being able to do those things. Wearing a blindfold is giving away too much.
>>
>>78653383
Yet would you, despite having no full picture or image of the masked vigilante, immediately think that a blind man from hell's kitchen is the same with a martial artist who prowls the streets?

Let's not also forgot that Nelson and Murdock isn't a big firm for them to appear in a lot of newspapers, nor were they that famouos in their old firm on their own. If anything, Foggy's more of the posterboy of their office due to him and Karen being more involved than Matt is mwith their clients.
>>
>>78630814
Then you'd better prep your fucking anvil, son.
>>
>>78653383
Seethrough cloth isn't a scarcity though. He also fights a lot in the dark, which people would just mistake his mask for a Zorro mask that has really small cut outs for his eyes.
>>
>>78653484
>the masked vigilante,
The blindfolded vigilante, who runs around in the dark, at night, in a blindfold.

Look, it's fucking basic to Daredevil's character that, in his superhero persona, he hides his blindness, rather than flaunting it. The blindfold mask is offensively stupid.

Regardless of whether you think someone should have figured it out, he should have had the sense to avoid such a giveaway.
>>
>>78653584
>really small cut outs for his eyes.
Have you ever worn a mask? You need big cut-outs for the eyes, or your field of vision goes to shit.
>>
>>78653615
That's the point of it though. No one knows what his mask's made of and people would instantly assume it's a see through mask like Rorshach's. The last thing people would assume is that a disabled guy was the one kicking their asses. Besides, it's not a complete blindfold like something that covers their eyes only. It covers 50% of his head and people will assume "mask" instead of "blind fold"
>>
>>78653738
Come on. It's an obvious blindfold. This is the first thing people would think when they saw it.

"Boss, we got attacked by a man in a blindfold."
"A blindfold, you say? Hey, wasn't there a blind attorney who defied me when I tried to put him on payroll and is making other trouble for me?"
>>
>>78653670
and what better way for hench men to think that they have the upper hand, psychologically. Tangible masks are easy to twist around the wearer to make them go blind simply from wardrobe malfunction. DD doesn't care about that shit. If he wanted a mask, he'd wear one with tight goggles, and he's partly blind as shit where he'll have a hard time finding out if the goggles he bought has filters to hide his blind pupils.
>>
>>78653804
He fought in the dark and in dim places. They heard from other gangs that it was some guy in a black mask. They think "mask" instead of "blind fold". Now imagine if you've never heard of this guy before, be guarding your boss and shit and suddenly this guy comes up, beats the hell out of you and the only thing you caught was a man in all black, without being Sherlock Holmes-amazing on the detail of what he wore because you had mild head trauma by his attacks.
>>
>>78653873
It's a solid black cloth that only comes down enough to cover the eyes. It's a blindfold and you'd see it as one at a glance.

Guys who want to conceal their identity cover more of their face than that. You can see the tip of his nose, you can see his cheekbones, you can see how much stubble he has.

And, again, it's a pretty big thing for Daredevil to go out of his way to conceal his blindness. There aren't that many blind guys around. It's important for the bad guys to not know that Daredevil is blind, so they don't go looking for blind guys and find Matt Murdock. He does not give away hints. He's not that fucking dumb.
>>
>>78654031
Okay, look, when you see Deathstroke, you don't think "I bet he has one eye." You think, "I bet he's a supercool badass with a supercool mask." Same shit with Daredevil.
>>
>>78654031
But no one knows Daredevil IS blind the same way no one knows if the mask is see through or not. They assume the most logical, which is blind men can't fight like kung fu masters in movies.. They call it a mask by canon, not blindfold. If this were real life then sure, we'd speculate if he was blind and worked like a ninja who connects with nature or if he's secretly wearing Ironman goggles that gives him x-ray vision and support from third party spectators or if he's simply wearing a mask that fit his style.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.