[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Learn to listen to all the bad shit people say about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: reality.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
reality.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>"Learn to listen to all the bad shit people say about you or some little boy is going to have to do it for all of you instead, get sick, and die."

I dunno, their metaphor could have stood to make a little more sense.
>>
>>78623698
>metaphor
He's reality. A little boy was going to die, he meant exactly what he said.
>>
Wait if he cares about butters then why was he chasing him earlier in the episode?
>>
>>78624717
Because Butters was running away form the truth.
>>
>>78624717
It's not that he cares. He just wanted them to know that a kid was dying because of them because that was reality.
>>
>>78623698
I think the message was, "safe spaces are a retarded idea."
>>
>>78624717
reality doesn't care, it isn't nice to people, it just speaks the truth
>>
>>78623698
Handle the truth, or you'll end up like Butters is the message I got. Butters did go crazy and nearly killed himself when he hid the truth from people.
>>
>>78623698
Being a community manager can be a hassle of a job, I'd think.
>>
This episode got applauded for bashing safe spaces but it didn't make much sense to me. The speech Reality gave could have just as easily been about how insulting people online is terrible. If Butters wasn't filtering through the messages it would have been the celebrities themselves that would go through the same thing. Demi Lovato for example had an eating disorder, to have someone filter out messages that call her fat would make sense as she'd probably need to maintain a twitter account for her career so quitting wouldn't be an option.
>>
They had to tie up the plot somehow.

The message was "reality doesn't give a shit about how you want to feel, ignoring bad things isn't going to stop bad things from happening it's just going to make you unable to deal with them- oh, I guess people don't really care, they'd rather just ignore it for comfort."
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.