[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Changes would you make to current comics out there right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: changes.png (278 KB, 532x353) Image search: [Google]
changes.png
278 KB, 532x353
What Changes would you make to current comics out there right now?

> Marco Checchetto would be on Squadron Supreme instead of that Obi Wan Star Wars mini.
> They would not have gone hyper irrational Liberal with FalCap.
>>
More control given to writers and artists and less to editors
Complete obliteration of continuity
A writer/artist combo gets to write and illustrate their story from start to finish, but never being longer than one full calendar year
All crossover/teamup books occupy a separate reality from the solo books
Prequels and sequels to completed books are heavily discouraged
>>
>>78600762
Fire Slott, replace him with Yost.

Fire Snyder, replace him with King.
>>
>>78600762

I liked a lot of the changes DC did but most comic readers hate any change

I just hope Jim keeps being Batman in Detective Comics
>>
> Bring back Marvel's Ares God of War post Contest of Champions and give him his own ongoing.
> Jason Aaron/Michael Avon Oeming joint writing, Rafa Sandoval & Jerome Opena on art.
>>
>>78600968
>Ares
>Rafa Sandoval
>>
>completely replace the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl creative team for quality reasons
>continue DC's practice of cancelling shitty books with shitty sales all around such as Doomed and Telos
>lessen the number of events per year overall
>discourage the soliciting of issues with unfinished pencils or that are not yet penciled

>>78600805
>Complete obliteration of continuity
>All crossover/teamup books occupy a separate reality from the solo books
These would mean utilizing the full potential of multiverses.

>Prequels and sequels to completed books are heavily discouraged
This, unless plot holes are found.

>>78600834
But what would be the potential effect on sales once those changes would be implemented?
>>
>>78601026
I don't give a fuck about sales and neither should you. It's about quality.
>>
>>78601026
>These would mean utilizing the full potential of multiverses.
Not necessarily. They could just be one offs that require no previous reading of any of the involved characters to follow and understand
>>
>>78601026
>>continue DC's practice of cancelling shitty books with shitty sales all around such as Doomed and Telos
Fuck You, Not selling in mass doesn't equal bad, Martian Manhunter is fucking fantastic and it's on that threshold.
>>
>>78601051
>They could just be one offs that require no previous reading of any of the involved characters to follow and understand
But that would require reiterating the characters past and origins in detail each arc for those that have never read them.
>>
>Bring back the 51 states initiatives, thunderbolts, and make a few new teams that have nothing to do with the avengers.
>one such group functions as a halfway house for young superheroes. it makes teams with one experienced super mentoring three young ones.
>it basically works as Foster's Home For Abandoned Sidekicks
>>
>>78601052
Did you understand that quality does not correlate with quantity?

>>>continue DC's practice of cancelling shitty books quality-wise with shitty sales all around
Fixed.
>>
Get DC its own Cosmic Editorial section. Have it cover Tom King on Green Lantern, Cullen Bunn on Sinestro, Tomasi and Gleason on GLC, Abnett on Darkstars/a military sci-fi themed OC, Hickman on L.E.G.I.O.N., if Marz still writes comics, put him on a Kyle book and a Lobo series by Ennis. Have Geoff Johns as a sort of creative control who oversees the direction of Cosmic as a whole.
>>
>>78601052

>This company should make shit that doesn't sell and that people don't want because I personally like it!

Sorry, Champ. The world doesn't revolve around you
>>
I'd have DC only publish 26 comics but for them all to be double shipped. Reading monthly is one of the main reasons comics are alienating and since most writers are writing for trades now you never feel like you're getting your moneys worth with floppies. To avoid fill in artists I would have books like Action Comics and Detective comics be proper anthologies like they were meant to be
>>
Removal of weaknesses, except maybe kryptonite because it's become so iconic and tied to Superman's mythos

Take away the no kill rule from everyone. I'm not saying suddenly every cape has to be Frank Castle all of a sudden, but the rule comes off really absurd and forced in a lot of stories.

No more resurrecting dead characters ever, period.

Less events and when there are on occasion make the only tie in books the "big cape books" ex. JLA or Avengers, etc.
>>
>>78601790

>Removal of weaknesses

They're pretty much all gone
>>
>>78601790
> No more resurrecting dead characters ever, period.
Fuck you cocksucker, I will have my Ares God of War fucking return.
>>
>>78601677
Yes it does that is why Straight to DVD movies exist for stuff to be sold that would not sell I'm theaters.
>>
>>78602122
Why would you want him back under the current Marvel regime? They'll fuck him up, give it to Slott or Bendis so it can sell, and make him a gay Jewish tranny to try to make headlines
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.