[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Dale ever find out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Did Dale ever find out?
>>
No, his entire schtick was that he was a well meaning idiot who would perform insane mental gymnastics when presented with obvious truths, how frequently did the show decide to completely shatter one of its core concepts?
>>
>>78586993
He still didn't get it
>>
He knew subconsciously.

The vision in the sweat lodge, the vision on the vision quest, talking in his sleep--he clearly knew, and couldn't bring himself to address it.
>>
>>78586966
I always had a feeling that he knew the entire time. But he loved Joseph so much that he tried to repress those thoughts.
>>
Did Joseph know that Dale wasn't his biological father? He's brown FFS lol
>>
>>78587241
As dumb as dale can be sometimes, Joseph is even more dense
>>
What kind of friends he has that they won't tell him that his wife is cheating on him? I swear that are worse than Nancy.
>>
>>78588659
They don't want him to kill himself, one Bill is enough.
>>
>>78588722
That makes sense, but still, he's raising a kid that's not his FFS
>>
Wasn't he supposed to find out in one of the last episodes but they never aired it?
>>
>>78588794
He can barely handle little pranks or being lied to even a bit. It's just not a good idea, plus he was a great father, better than John Redcorn could have been.
>>
No, whenever he got close to finding out he'd go two steps back.
>>78588659
Dale is crazy.
>>
>>78587062
i always love the idea that he knows but never tell anyone that he knows so he can enjoy his life with the boy he raise and the women he love while rubbing all this in John Redcorn face
>>
Dale is GOAT but I'll never understand /co/'s insistence of him being smarter then he was or him being anything beyond a okay/mediocre parent.
>>
>>78589121
He's the best parent in the show. That's not saying much though.
>>
>>78587044
Talking in his sleep seemed to indicate he walked in on it and had a mental shut down
Either that or he truly didn't want to believe it so he stood there and let them bullshit their way out of it
>>
>>78588794
Nancy makes most of the money, Dale just acts as a mediocre father figure.
>>
>>78589697
He's probably way better off in Dale's company than in Redcorn's
>>
>>78589801
Yeah that's true, johns life looked pretty rough in all eight or so of the episodes they look into it.
>>
He's a better dad than Hank and certainty better than John Redcorn
>>
>>78588907
>>78589697
Objectively a better father than Hank.
>>
I think he always had some kind of inkling but as people in the thread already said he was more inclined to play mental gymnastics and repress the knowledge than confront the fact that his son, who ended up being a lot like him in a lot of ways, wasn't actually his.
>>
Is he that c-word that gets overused?
>>
>>78590612
What makes hank such a bad parent?
>>
>>78590710
Yes, he's a cuck.
>My wife's son
>>
>>78590761
HOLY SHIT! The filter is down.
KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK.
>>
>>78589801
>>78590204
you have got to be joking.
if you are native american you can go to college on practically fully paid free scholarships and a sports scholarship and anything else on top of that would add to that.
In addition to that he would get tax breaks just for being native american. add in the bullshit "equal opportunity laws" that are not at all equal opportunity by giving tax breaks to companies for hiring minorities and he is guaranteed a job in any field he gets a 4 year degree in. he can;'t even get any of that and is doomed a life like dales because redcorn isnt his father.
>>
>>78590739
General apathy for any of Bobby's interests when they don't match their own, and also visible shame for some of Bobby's less dipshit antics.

At least Dale willingly attempts to relate to his son.
>>
He knew. but hey whats the better revenge Raising a son and being in love with a beautiful woman and getting to rub that all in Redcorn's face....oh and becoming his friend so Redcorn feels even more like shit.

Though I did have an outline for an episode where it turns out Joseph is dales.
>>
>>78590803
Redcorn used all those advantages to wind up living in a mobile home as a failed rock star. He couldn't even get any land until dale helped him.
>>
>>78590215
>>78590612
I dunno. Dale's relationship with Joseph is clearly more loving than Hank's with Bobby, but I think Bobby is going to turn out better than Joseph. Joseph's kind of a creepy weirdo. And I mean lots of boys are creepy weirdos when they're teenagers, but I don't think Dale is the kind of father who would do anything about it.
>>
>>78587691
No, in the Thanksgiving episode where Bobby accidentally makes every think that John Redcorn's a cannibal, Nancy fusses at Joseph for being rude to John Redcorn and tells him they need to talk about things he needs to know. Its HEAVILY implied that she told him that Dale's not his dad and he had to cover it up like everyone else.
>>
>>78590966
Nah, Joseph has sports, at least he will get laid in high school.
>>
>>78590948
>>78590966
Dale is clearly more loving but he's also more unstable and has bad life lessons. Joe is destined to grow into a weirdo who's just as sane as his mother feels necessary to correct him. However he'll be a star football player so he'll atleast be guaranteed mild success until that's over.
>>78590981
In a later episode he seems to whole heartedly believe he's nothing but white.
>>
>>78590948
yeah but look at the degree he went for, and getting land from the government for free was impossible before that.
you have to be smart about it.
use it to get a degree in computer science or engineering, if you use it to get a degree in native american studies you just pissed a free ride down the drain
>>
>>78590803
Lol Dale is that you?
>>
>>78590966
To be fair, Joseph is in puberty for most of the series while Bobby is in prepubescent hell for the entire show. 90% of Joseph's creepiness is due to puberty, and maybe 10% of it is Dale.

Idk I just see Bobby being filled with self loathing for the rest of his life.
>>
>>78590710
Dale is a textbook example of what an actual cuckold is and not the fetish version of cuckoldry.
>>
>>78590843
Bobby's not as bad as hank makes him out to be but he does get into some pretty crazy shit sometimes, Like when he became a wizard.
>>
>>78591107
"Mom, I'm fat. But big deal. I don't feel bad about it, and you never made me feel bad about it. And just because there are people out there who want me to feel bad about it doesn't mean I have to. So Bobby Hill's fat. He's also funny, he's nice, he's got a lot of friends, a girlfriend. And if you don't mind, I think I'll go outside right now and squirt her with water. What are you going to do?"

That's a better attitude than a lot of people have. I think he has what it takes to deal with whatever problems he encounters as he gets older. I don't think he's going to end up like Bill.
>>
>>78591258
I'm not saying that Hank is always wrong, I'm just saying He tends to overreact to even the slightest weirdness from Bobby.

>>78591332
I meant more to pursuing his interests, but no, He's not going to be anything like Bill
>>
>>78590943
Mind sharing it? I wouldn't mind hearing it
>>
>>78591399
It's because that boy ain't right. Also, fuck Peggy. She's the worst fucking character in the show.
>>
>>78590943
Somehow I wouldn't doubt that something similar would have happened if the series continued. Or the reveal at the end of the episode that the results were mixed and nobody noticed.
>>
You guys forget he was always listening in to ALL phone call
>>
>>78592148
>not lucky
>or that bitch from Halloween
>>
>>78590799
get a load of this cuck.
>>
>>78590799
HA
>>
>>78592703
Peggy beats lucky out in quantity, he was only around for like three seasons.
>>
>>78593786
I just recently watch the entire show and I thought Peggy was alright/so-so with how they handle her and unlike Lucky, she actually seek out a way to get an employment. Lucky was a fuck you to everything that Luanne build up to be and he get his money from falling on pee pee water. His "word of honor" is bullshit along with his redneck wisdom bullshit.
>>
>>78592703
Lucky was a nonissue
>>78593948
Lucky had Redneck honor was the issue.
It's not like he lied to get the Pee Pee money. Plus Luanne's "progress" was pretty much undone before Lucky ever showed up.
>>
>>78587044
I really feel for Dale, I don't give a fuck for anyone else, but the whole Redcorn and Joseph thing was just bad for me to watch.
>>
>>78589801
It's fine. He eventually got to end up raising Joseph's half-sister Kate. If she gets messed up it doesn't matter. We never saw her outside that one episode anyway.
>>
>>78593948
Lucky just wanted some money to fix his back, he got tied into the whole lawsuit shit with the lawyer. He probably had the same lawyer that wanted to sue Dale. The Lawyer was the generic ambulance chaser.
>>
>>78594020
Luanne manage to get a barber after all the bullshit she been through at that Salon School and that alone is progress. It went down hill with Lucky coming into the picture.

Lucky didn't lie but it's not honorable, either. For fuck sake, he was about to sue Dale and Strickland to get those money for a new home.

>>78594082
He been doing this since ever. Pay attention to the show. The fact that Hank let this slide is fucking bullshit since Hank is the type of person that honor hard work.
>>
>>78593948
At least lucky never convinced himself he was one of the 15 smartest people in Texas a day after failing to solve middle school math. He's also never kidnapped a girl lucky might be a worse person than peggy but her portfolio of sheer idiocy outweighs his.
>>
>>78594185
That doesn't mean shit because that is always part of Peggy and that still didn't annoys me as much as Lucky being a literal walking redneck stereotype. This is the person that refuse to pay for trash and kept breaking into Hank's trash can and was never punish for it because of "we live in USA with all kind of food so I will start paying" or the part where he start threatening EVERYONE to give him and Luanne a wedding present and after that, started doing this again for his birthday. Lucky is not a good character.
>>
He always knew.
>>
>>78594289
Yeah Lucky's pretty irritating it's funny Peggy told Luanne she was meant grater things and she just wound up with him.
>>
>>78587044
>>78589271
>talking in his sleep
i dont recall this, do you know the episode?
>>
The world is cruel to shiny things.
>>
>>78594558
>>78594289
>>78593948
I don't really see how Lucky dragged down Luanne's character, though granted I actually enjoy most of Lucky's scenes.
>>
>>78592703
>not lucky
Lucky is a good guy that doesn't really do anything wrong.
>>
>>78592148
Luanne is worse
>>
File: lupe.png (1 MB, 1009x899) Image search: [Google]
lupe.png
1 MB, 1009x899
>>78593948
>He's also never kidnapped a girl
That gave us the biggest QT in the entire show though.
>>
>>78595424
>what is a mistake
And the episode humiliate her to the end and that equal things out.
>>
I always kept waiting for an asspull twist: Dale is sterile and has long known that he was sterile and put up with the affair between Nancy and John because it was his only way he was going to have a son (IE raising Nancy's child by way of John Redcorn).

Dale's been hiding the truth for years from Nancy and that would be the bigger issue: that Nancy would be upset that Dale lied about that than Dale being mad Nancy cheated on him. To the point that the B-Plot would be everyone being shocked that Dale knew all along that Joseph was not his son.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-01-01-20h58m31s88.png (160 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-01-01-20h58m31s88.png
160 KB, 512x384
>>78594989
>"Nancy, what's Redcorn doing in our shower?"

It's from "Dale Be Not Proud", more specifically around 13 and a half minutes in. Dale is waking up from surgery and starts saying that.
>>
>>78595677
oh i do remember that now thanks
>>
>>78595226
He's funnier than Peggy, that's for sure.
>>
File: dale.jpg (49 KB, 595x480) Image search: [Google]
dale.jpg
49 KB, 595x480
>>78587044
>>78589271
This is probably the best answer. The show is heavily grounded in reality, and Dale being that oblivious is too sitcomy for the show. He is most likely in deep, deep denial that someone so close to him could betray him like that, so he fills his time by putting his mind on conspiracy theories that are far from the truth, just fantasies to believe in. He is concerned with every conspiracy except the one that affects him the most
>>
>>78586966
Didn't they reveal that Redcorn has a secret daughter (who was just Brittany Murphy doing her old Joseph voice) and Bobby had to keep Joseph from hitting on her?
>>
>>78591042
>a star football player so he'll at least be guaranteed mild success until that's over
that sounds like bill
>>
>>78595991
Yes and her mother stay with Redcorn. This was never brought up again
>>
>>78586966
all these answers and nobody pointing to the final episode where they all but say it outright that yes, he's always known.
>>
>>78587044
>>78595841

I think that showed that Dale believed he wasn't truly Joseph's father however he did not know about Redcorn/Nancy's relationship.

Dale is extremely trusting of his close friends as shown when he helped Redcorn and how torn he was when he found out Hank tricked him.

Dale is shown multiple times to be close to being labelled as mentally insane.

He truly believes in those conspiracy theories and even Hank was worried that he was going to ruin his marriage because of it.

So he's not in denial or has a subconscious awareness of Joseph being the result of Nancy cheating with Redcorn.
>>
I remember Joseph asking about his parentage in the Thanksgiving episode where he figured that just because John is his biological father doesn't mean that Dale isn't his 'real' father.
>>
>>78596130
I'd like to think that he spends a lot of time in the basement trying to debunk the Nancy-Redcorn theory.
>>
>>78596118
If you are talking about the beef one, he didn't say anything about this
>>
He probably does not know, he would leave Nancy if he did.
>>
>>78587241
Dale has a jamaican grandmother.
>>
>>78586966
If Dale either found out and/or stopped repressing what he knows would he kill himself?
>>
>That episode where he found a women far better than Nancy who loved him, loved exterminating and everything Dale was into
>Nancy got super mad thinking they might cheat
>Eventually Dale stops hanging out with the girl to stay with his wife
Pissed me off
>>
>>78586966
He did realize that Joseph was not his son. But he believes aliens impregnated Nancy with him.
>>
>>78600022
In a perfect world she would have taken that opportunity to yell him the truth and break up.
>>
>>78591332
I seem to remember an episode where they implied that Bobby was actually Bill's kid? Am I actually remembering that or am I going crazy?
>>
>>78600187
That's a dumb internet rumor.

Bobby clearly takes after his grandfather, and Peggy hates Bill.
>>
>>78594289
>Lucky is not a good character.

Do you mean not a good person? Peggy is a shitty person but I think she's a good character because of it. Good character =/= character that is aligned to good.
>>
>>78586966
Dale did not know.

Rusty did though.

Nothing gets past Rusty.
>>
>>78600207
No I mean, I seem to remember an episode where Hank's narrow urethra is plot point for some reason, and Bobby ends up asking Bill if Hank really is his father or not.
>>
>>78600315
In Pregnant Paws Bobby thinks he might be adopted but it turns out he's not.
>>
>>78600022
>Nancy got super mad
She was more scared and worried then pissed off. Nancy was threatened by pigeon lady but felt too guilty to call Dale out on it. She admits in the episode that it would a sort of cosmic justice if he starts to have to an affair after she decides to end it with Redcorn. When Dale and pigeon lady go to the motel, she just accepts that Dale is getting a free pass.

Personally, I love how it plays out. Nancy acts realistically but not a total bitch, and it's a great reminder of why Dale is the best person on the show.
>>
>>78601534
>Dale
>Best Person
>Not Boomhauer
>>
>>78601019
Yeah anyway Good Hank looks exactly like a Baby Bobby.
>>
Ever find out what?
>>
>>78604105
What if Cotton is bobby's real father and that's why he loves him so much?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (19 KB, 462x355) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
19 KB, 462x355
>>78604750
>>
>>78605116
waaaaaaaaaaaaah!
>>
>>78604730
cuck
>>
>>78605116
Reminder that Junichiro's voice actor died from auto-erotic asphyxiation.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.