[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 Animated Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: 2016 animated movie.jpg (222 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
2016 animated movie.jpg
222 KB, 920x920
what animated movie this year that you most look forward to /co/?
>>
>>78578613
No lie, I'll see all those movies besides finding dory, norm of the north and moana. They look like shit
>>
kubo
>>
>>78578673
>moana
>looks like shit
kill urself
>>
>>78578704
Face it
It's going to be the same generic princess fuel movie
>>
>>78578714
but she's not a princess
>>
What the fuck is the bottom right one?
And why is Kubo and the Two Strings not on there?
>>
>>78578819
>rob schieder is a pilot bear
>>
>>78578847
>pilot
Fuck that was cringey "polar"
>>
>>78578613
Zootopia and Moana
and news of Frozen II

Yes, you may laugh, it's okay
>>
I'm not expecting Kung Fu Panda 3 to live up to how amazing the sequel was, but I'm still really hyped.
>>
>>78578613
Among those? I guess Moana, but that's not saying much. Storks could be funny but it won't be.
>>
>>78579673
Storks looks promising tbqh

in fact, every animated movie this year looks more promising than what Pixar had offered (except Norm, fuck that shit)
>>
None. I don't like how Kung Fu Panda is doing a "your genetics matter more than the people who raised you" storyline, I think Pixar has lost its magic so finding Dory will be trash, and the rest is straight to DVD tier stuff.
>>
I can't believe someone thought Angry Birds would last long enough for a movie to be a good idea.
>>
>>78578675

Ditto. That's all I'm looking forward to at the moment, instead of the Dreamworks and Dreamworks-lite furshit.

Man why is Laika the only truly competent modern US animation studio?
>>
Storks because cute babies
>>
>>78578613
I like the Storks trailer. Girl isn't careful with the baby maker, boom everything full of differently colored brats.
>>
Don't care, don't care, REALLY don't care,
Will see, don't care, need to see more promotional material,
Ugh, this is coming out in 2016?, wtf is this?
>>
>>78578613

Bottom right is the worst bottom of the barrel garbage I have ever seen.
>>
>>78580979

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8A_F5oYJGI

How can you not find this charming and entertaining!
>>
>>78580979
>>78581033
>tired message
>tired animal character stereotypes
>9000+ annoying sidekicks
>tired villain stereotype
What a stinker.
>>
File: 1446625489265.gif (98 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1446625489265.gif
98 KB, 500x281
>>78580800

>A polar bear of many words, Norm's (Rob Schneider) greatest gripe is simple: there is no room for tourists in the Arctic. But when a maniacal developer (Ken Jeong) threatens to build luxury condos in his own backyard, Norm does what all normal polar bears would do he heads to New York City to stop it. With a cast of ragtag lemmings at his side, Norm takes on the big apple, big business and a big identity crisis to save the day.

I can't be dealin' with this
>>
Zootopia looks like genuine fun. I'll pass on Pixar Sequal #75 and wait-and-see on Brown Samoan Princess Flick.
>>
>>78581124

And Rob Schneider as the titular character.
>>
File: cars 2.jpg (83 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
cars 2.jpg
83 KB, 486x720
oh boy, Pixar making a sequel based on comic relief from the first movie featuring the original character

what could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>78581237

Mater needed to die in the first film, the sad clown sacrifice redeeming the comic relief to further the story. That would have been nice.
>>
Not looking forward to Dreamworks presents: Father of the Shrek, Urban Jungle, Monsters Vs Aliens the College Years, Mind your Mind, First Family of the Future, Just Keep Trucking, Shark Tale, or Team Megamind Family Powers Agency For Hire.
>>
>>78578613
Zootopia and The Secret Lives of Pets are the only ones that look inspired.
>>
>>78580878

>Kubo does so good.
>Gets "Best Animated Feature".
>Animation studios finally decide to up their game and start doing more "epic" stop-motion films like how Shrek fucked up 2D and caused the "lol sassy CGI" genre.
>>
File: tout.jpg (206 KB, 490x711) Image search: [Google]
tout.jpg
206 KB, 490x711
<-- this, except because it's an aesthetically curious French flick, nobody in the United States will care.
>>
>>78581424
>>78580878
>>78578675
Same here, the trailer looked fantastic

And I'm a jaded fuck, but the zootopia trailer looked really nice, it has really fantastic use of color like we used to see in pixar
>>
>>78581274
>Team Megamind Family Powers Agency For Hire.

That sounds like it could be interesting.
>>
>>78581304
this
>>
>>78578613

Kung Fu Panda 3, Zootopia, Angry Birds for me.
>>
>>78580872
Angry Birds wasn't that famous anymore though
>>
I feel like the odd one out in that I'm looking forward to Ratchet and Clank. Played Into the Nexus recently, my first R&C game and I really liked it. The movie looks like fun.
>>
>>78580872
>>78582290
To be fair it's more a title thing, it doesn't actually have anything to do with the obsolete game
>>
File: rat_incredibles1.jpg (61 KB, 850x356) Image search: [Google]
rat_incredibles1.jpg
61 KB, 850x356
shit, I forgot one.

Dreamwork's Going to Pound-Town.

That misleading title for their version of "S.L.o.P. meets Bolt" will get them lots of moviebux from adult males who will be severely disappointed that it's all just a movie that farm they sent your dog to, upstate so he could run and play all day with all the other pets that had to go away.
>>
>>78582353
>watched the trailer
>that cringy trying-too-hard to be funny narration
>that unfunny jokes
does people actually hype for this?
>>
Zootopia because it looks fun
Kung Fu Panda 3 because the first two were good
Angry Birds because I know people who worked on it
>>
>>78582529
>Angry Birds because I know people who worked on it
so, what did they say about it?
>>
Honestly, I'm mostly looking forward to Ratchet and Clank. Really hoping it's good, huge fan of the games.

Other than that, Storks looked nice, I like the animation in the trailer. Moana, KFP3, Zootopia could all be pretty good.

Are they really doing ICE AGE IN SPACE?
>>
>>78582554
They all felt positive about it. They are under NDA so they couldn't exactly give me any production details, but the usual movie business creative vision arguments aside it seems to be shaping up to be quite ok.
I've seen a preview version, but can't go into details because of obvious reasons.
It's notably better than I expected. Not fantastic, mind you, but I'd call it far better than average.
>>
>>78578613
Animated movies I will probably see in theaters, in no particular order:

Zootopia
Kung Fu Panda 3
Ratchet & Clank
Sly Cooper (assuming it hasn't been pushed to 2017)
Moaba (maybe)
Kubo

Also, there really are a ton of animal movies coming out in 2016. It's not just a meme.
>>
>>78581424
I can see it now. Nominated for the Oscars as the token artsy movie. Thoroughly ignored and skipped by judges because their kids didn't watch it.
The Oscar then goes to either of Disney's movies, Zootopia or Moana, depending on which gets the most approval by general audiences.
>>
File: dis is gonna be gud.png (2 MB, 1336x1348) Image search: [Google]
dis is gonna be gud.png
2 MB, 1336x1348
>>78578613
>2016: Year of the Furry Flicks starts in two weeks with Norm of the North
>>
>>78582779
Laika has gotten nominations for all their movies, but as the token "going against the norm" nomination
Just like how ghibli gets a token nomination every time
>>
>>78581897

>TFW the best animated film about Japanese mythology in recent years is going to be from the US.
>>
File: 63593703607.jpg (106 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
63593703607.jpg
106 KB, 700x467
>>78582874
2016 is the year that memes come true.
>>
>>78582520
Maybe it doesn't bug me because I'm not a diehard fan of the games or anything, it just looked like mindless fun.
>>
>>78583569
I'm a huge fan of the games, so I'm pretty hyped for it.

It just seems like it's destined to fail. Animated sci-fi movie based on a video game?

Oh, Kubo looks fucking rad, too. Love Laika's stuff.
>>
Secret Life of Pets looks good.

And wheres ROB SCHNEIDER IS... A POLAR BEAR?
>>
>>78581124
>rob Schneider

Fuck, I could have sworn it was Charlie Sheen.
>>
>>78578613
Only movies i'm looking forward are Zootopia, Rock Dog, Kung Fu Panda 3, The Boy and The Beast, and Kubo.

The rest look like shit.
>>
>>78581103
Plus the animation is legitimately so bad I can't even believe it's getting a theatrical release. This shit would have probably been acceptable ten years ago, maybe.

It's two thousand motherfucking sixteen and this plastic ass flappy mouthed polar bear movie is allowed in actual theaters. That just completely floors me. I have no idea how this is even possible.
>>
>>78578613
kfp 3 seems to be the best followed by zootopia and ice age
>>
File: 2016 furry movie expectations.jpg (1 MB, 2230x1392) Image search: [Google]
2016 furry movie expectations.jpg
1 MB, 2230x1392
My expectations for 2016.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.