[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Co/mrade appreciation thread/3x3 thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 17
File: starsaphireconrad.jpg (414 KB, 1503x2091) Image search: [Google]
starsaphireconrad.jpg
414 KB, 1503x2091
Just a thread to appreciate the average /co/mmunist!
>Age
>Favorite Cartoon
>Favorite Comic
>How long you've been here
>Why you come here/what made you come here
or just a 3x3 thread if your'e feelin lazy
Kinda wanted to discuss things like how 2015 has been.
Feel free to talk abut comics and cartons in 2016
>>
File: IMG_20150916_145952.jpg (398 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150916_145952.jpg
398 KB, 920x920
Sure! I love finding out what makes /co/mrades tick!

>Age
I am 23 years old but in terms of how long I've been reading comics, 5 years

>Favorite Cartoon
PPG but Moral Orel is a very close second, each time I rewatch it I remember why I loved it to begin with

>Favorite Comic
Of all time? Runaways Volume 1! It's not the best comic ever but my favorite for sure! My favorite of 2015 is definitely Plutona!

5 years! I came to /co/ after reading my very first comic and falling in love with the medium!

To story time of course! And because I want to learn and share as much about comics and cartoons as possible! My day job doesn't give me opportunity to do that very often so I'm very grateful to /co/ and everyone here for the chance to do that!
>>
File: RADCONRAD.jpg (286 KB, 1503x2091) Image search: [Google]
RADCONRAD.jpg
286 KB, 1503x2091
>>78540896
>18
>
>Calvin and Hobbes/Hellblazer
>I've been lurking since I was like 12, but I've always contributed to draw threads.
>Coincidentally, Drawthreads are what brought me to /co/
>and I stick around for storytimes and occasional /co/ love
>>
>>78541028
forgot to put a favorite cartoon but I don't have one in particular
>>78541025
That's awesome. My pops got me into comics when I was like 5 with a bunch of older stuff and I have had an ever growing love ever since. One of the things that really got me into coming to /co/ was just the fact that there was a community of people I could talk to about what I like. What sold me was actually being able to talk to people about older comics.
>>
>>78540896
>age
>favorite cartoon
I dont watch too many but currently i like we bare bears
>favorite cómic
Cable & deadpool, it was the first comic serie i read

>how long have you been here ?
In /co/ ? I started coming here since may of last year, but i used to go to the unspeakable board before coming here

>what made me come here ?
After i finished C&D some friend suggested me to read some avatarpress comics so i Went to the win o threads, after that i learned abou marvel now and started reading more deadpool and x-men.
>>
>>78540896
I wanted to do this on New Years Eve, sort of a end of the year survey.
>>
File: tem.gif (60 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
tem.gif
60 KB, 228x228
>Age
Gon be 26 in March
>Favorite Cartoon
It changes all the time. Favorite of ALL TIME is probably classic Looney Toons. Current fave is The Amazing World of Gumball
>Favorite Comic
Don't have a favorite, but love the weird indie shit that makes you feel like garbage when you read it. Speaking of garbage, I just discovered Vice's "Habits" and I think it's pretty cool.
Been shitposting since I was 16. Occasionally take a few month breaks but I always come back. ALWAYS,
I have no idea how I got here. I probably read Encyclopedia Dramatica and thought it was funny as shit then naturally came to 4chan because of it. I clung to /co/ because I've enjoyed comics and cartoons my whole life. I've stayed because it's hard to find people IRL who will talk about /co/-related things seriously (and who have taste outside of normie mainstream garbage). Thank god I have a significant other who's willing to indulge the side of me that enjoys childrens' programming and comic books.
>>
>>78540896
>Age
19, Been reading comics for 10 years
>Favorite Cartoon
I love Batman: Brave and the Bold, and I am the kind of guy who would be willing to re-watch it again; Venture Bros comes in a close second.

>Favorite Comic
A tie between Silver Surfer: Parable and the Batman: Black and White

1 year

The drawthreads, which by the way, nice art op.
>>
File: Tumbrad.jpg (274 KB, 1402x1717) Image search: [Google]
Tumbrad.jpg
274 KB, 1402x1717
>>78541459
sorry for jumping the gun on you
>>78541420
cool always been a huge x-men fan
>>78541465
I probably would say Looney-Tunes or OtGW for my favorite cartoon. I also love the bronze-age superman cartoon, but Iv'e got a special love for classic animation.
>>78541592
Thanks, Brave and the Bold has so many great things about it, but I think BatB bats is my favorite version in terms of the animated universe, with the animated series as a close second.
>>
>Age
I'm 24 and I'm a cartoon addict.

>Favorite Cartoon
Favorite cartoons are Samurai Jack and Courage the cowardly dog. Both shows are just so damn good.

>Favorite Comic
Age of reptiles: Tribal warfare
I was like 6 and at a friend's house when I found it for the first time.

God I have been here for 10 years, seen all kinds of anons come and go. Seen all kinds of memes and fads popped up and faded away. Shit I'm old and yes I was a underage fag when I first started out.

To talk about cartoons, I mean I really picked up comics maybe 8 years ago but I have always been watching cartoons and I'm not going to stop.
>>
First of all, nice pic. I never know where new pics of /co/nrad are going to turn up at.

>>78540896
>Age

>Favorite Cartoon
Currently undecided since everything I'm currently watching seems to be on hiatus.

Would Baman Piderman count?

>Favorite Comic
Currently Star Wars: Darth Vader.

I don't tend to maintain favorites for long, so it's just whatever is entertaining me right now.

Since 2010 I guess.

Got tired of lurking /a/, never went back.
>>
>>78540896
>Age

>Favorite Cartoon
Don't watch them anymore, but when I was little it used to be PPG and Life with Louie.

>Favorite Comic
From what I read so far, Planetary.

Current comics: Midnighter and Prez

Since 2013

Came here to discuss capeshit movies since /tv/ is ass, stayed for the comics. I thank /co/'s storytimes for getting me into the medium.
>>
>>78541896
All right keep the dream alive man!
>>78541955
Conrad moves in mysterious ways. Man I haven't watched Baman Piderman in ages.
>>
File: 1315174952001.png (41 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1315174952001.png
41 KB, 300x300
Clarence, Gumball, ATLA
Prequel
6 years
Cartoons are fuuun and you guys are fun :)
>>
>>78542295
A new episode just came out about a week ago.
>>
>>78542283
What all have you read and what do you like in other mediums? I'd be happy to give some recs if you want/need.
>>
File: image (4).jpg (79 KB, 570x760) Image search: [Google]
image (4).jpg
79 KB, 570x760
>Age
>Favorite Cartoon
Cybersix
>Favorite comic
The earlier volumes of Sandman.
>How long have you been here
Since I was Fifteen.
>Why you come here/What made you come here
I found 4chan through a former friend who was a polack, I've stayed so long specifically on /co/ because Ive spent a fair bit of my time on here, its probably the best place for me to get fanart of things I like and sometimes /co/ is great, when you're just enjoying yourself in a thread, no bait, no hate, whining and bitching.
I dont get to come on here as much anymore because of basketball but fuck I love this place. Also storytimes are nice.
>>
>>78542447
Punisher MAX, lots of Wildstorm stuff, Bru and Waid Captain America, Miller Daredevil, Fraction Hawkeye, DnA GotG and Annihilation, Ellis Moon Knight. Currently I'm enjoying Omega Men, Vision, Midnighter, Squadron Supreme, Constantine, Grayson, Prez, Section 8, Hercules.

I like action/drama the most in other mediums and stuff with anti-heroes I guess. Any indie recs? Wanna try some non-cape stuff too.
>>
>>78542283
You just reminded me Iv'e gotta start reading Midnighter.
>>78542313
Absolutely love Clarence [s]Your'e a fun guy[s/]
>>78542338
Really? Last time I heard about it the creators said they were finishing up the series.
>>78542447
I just torrented all the issues of Sandman a while back,but haven't read any of it yet. Is there a particular reason why you only like the earlier volumes of Sandman?
Speaking of storytimes, if anyone of you anons were the anona in the Classic Spidey storytimes threads I'll finish up the last bit this week and then move onto classic hulk.
>>
>>78542649
I like all of Sandman...

>>78542607
You definitely like a lot of action so for sure check out Lobo, Ennis' Etrigan stuff, if you like Fractions Hawkeye then read Immortal Iron Fist it's amazing. Read Hitman of course if you like Section 8. You might like Battle Pope too while we are at it. I'd also say to check out Prison Pit, Tomboy, The Mask, check out some of Paul Pope's stuff (Battling Boy is a good one for Superhero fans, at least it was for me). Something like Transmetropolitan would probably appeal to you. Definitely check out Milligan and McCarthy's stuff like Skin and Rogan Gosh and Paradax. You would also love Stokoe's stuff I bet like Orc Stain or Wonton Soup, Brandon Graham's stuff for that matter. Glory would be good too it's pretty violent but in a fun way like all the hyper violence stuff we've mentioned.

Just a few titles I think you'd like! I can provide links to about 90% of those too if you want!
>>
>>78542913
I hate posting from my phone.
>>
>>78542913
Love you Dan, I'm gonna check them out.

Truly, /co/ is love.
>>
>Age
>Favorite Cartoon
Simpsons season 2-11
>Favorite Comic
Sandman
2009, possibly 2008
I think I needed something to replace scans_daily and talk about cartoons, and got addicted to rapid information
>>
>>78543060
No need to thank me love! If you ever have any requests for recs or story times hit me up on Skype or email!

Email: [email protected]
>>
>>78540896
>>Age
>>Favorite Cartoon
>>Favorite Comic
On my shelf right now? Superior Foes of Spider-Man
>>How long you've been here
Longer than I care to admit. I remember when "Tony Built this with a box of scraps" was funny as well as "Eat Jim Gordons Ass"
>>Why you come here/what made you come here came her for the storytimes, stuck around for the general discussions that aren't shitposting.
>>
>>78540896
>Age

>Favorite Cartoon
Show: Batman: The Animated Series
Movie: Waltz with Bashir

>Favorite Comic
Hitman

On and off for 8-9 years, I think?

I come here for the win-o'-threads to see what series are worth spending money on. Sometimes there are even comic book discussions I enjoy.
>>
>>78543375
That's a cute kitty.
>>
File: august1.jpg (40 KB, 252x655) Image search: [Google]
august1.jpg
40 KB, 252x655
>>78540896
>22 years old
>steven universe
>fuck that, top 3
shade the changing man- promethea- locke and key
>since late 2010
>long story
i came to 4chan mainly because of the memes, the fame it had as the "last boss of the internet" and the rage comics, i wanted to see all of that live rather than through recolections or stories in memebase. i checked the boards and /co/ was the one i knew more about what they were talking about/didnt feel as mcuh of a fucking casual compared to other boards.i found the discussions here were much more interesting because of their brutal honesty also this place made me laugh like few things on the internet and so i stayed

i think not a hell of a lot of interesting things happened in the world of cartoons and comics beyond a couple of really cool tv seasons and adaptations. bojack horseman, rick and morty, steven universe, gravity falls, all cool stuff, though personally gravity falls took a huge dip in quality.

homestuck was fucking dead, kill six billion demons rocketed in popularity which is cool, avas demon is also dead. we witnessed the creation of /aco/

it was a fine year, nothing too special
>>
>24
>Venture Bros
>Starman
>Coming up on six years. Came here during the latter half of Blackest Night.
>I started coming here just as I was getting into comics in a bigger way and pirating them with Johns' GL run. I've seen a lot of changes come through here, both good and bad. Mostly I still hang around for storytimes and comic discussion.

My hope for 2016 is that every /co/mrade storytimes something at least once. The best way to make this board better is with stuff like that.
>>
>>78543889
I don't know 2015 has been pretty good for comics. A great Andre the Giant comic, Plutona, Paper Girls, Ringside, more Bandette, The Spire, Jem and the holograms, Tokyo Ghost, Immaterial Girl, Frankenstein Underground AND Hellboy and the BPRD. The Goon got a BEAUTIFUL library edition too!

Just a few highlights for me so far.
>>
>>78541592
>Brave and the Bold
>Venture Bros
>SS: Requiem
A+
>>
File: hopewalker.png (39 KB, 163x161) Image search: [Google]
hopewalker.png
39 KB, 163x161
>Age
>Favorite Cartoon
Garfield & Friends
>Favorite Comic
Geoff John's run of Green Lantern
Since late 2009
/co/ shenanigans always make me smile
>>
>leaving Sex out of the survey

You fucked up OP
>>
>>78544080
actually you are right, on top of all that there was also providence which was also the first comic i ever storytimed here
>>
>>78544307
Very cool! Wish I had been there! I love seeing people's first time story timing.
>>
>>78544238
We are all anons here, we dont really need an identity unless you are a tripfag or namefag
>>
>>78544238
We're just people anon!
that being said I am 100% mamale
>>
File: Comrades.png (25 KB, 388x270) Image search: [Google]
Comrades.png
25 KB, 388x270
>>78540896
Can't hurt, I guess. This is probably going to be TL:DR and will no doubt contain pleb tier opinions.
>Age
>Favorite Cartoon
Current fave would probably be Archer or Steven Universe, just because it's one of the few current shows running that are interesting, but it changes. Once it probably would have been Danny Phantom or MLAATR, another maybe Buzz on Maggie or American Dragon Jake Long. Going earlier, though, I always loved Tails Spin, Ducktales and Goof Troop, then earlier Muppet Babies and Veggietales.
>Favorite Comic
Spider-Man was always my favorite hero, so his comics are in a special place in my heart. Specifically, though, the OG Thunderbolts. Read all the comics a year back and they were a joy.
Outside of Marvel, Superman and Invincible have been good, but I don't dabble outside my "comfort zone" as much as I should.
I can't even remember when or how I first got here, but it feels like its been 6 years? I know I was here before /vp/ was made, but I still consider myself a newfag.
Habit, actual cartoon and comic discussion rather than going onto a forum with children who go "XD", storytimes/ recommendations, and just a good community.
I love how there's generally always something fun going on, like all the different /co/ creations or those flavor of the months that would get hundreds of content or just the usual /co/ ridiculousness that make threads a delight. I've mostly been here and came here for cartoon threads, and because I was kind of a casual to comics, but recently been leaning more into comics over the years. It's also pretty much where I get all my comics and cartoon news.
I know some people hate "/co/ is love", but after seeing how other boards have ended up these days, I still think it's doing alright.
>>
>>78542649
They still have a whole season to go almost.

They're only two episodes into the third and final season (not counting the season opener, promos, and mini episodes).
They got delayed starting on season three because of black mold sending Lindsay to the hospital, then they did a bunch of other jobs to pay for the bills, then they got some gigs with CN.
>>
>>78543424
Isn't it though? Something about house cats with their mouths open always stiles me as cute
>>
>>78544822
Those aren't pleb opinions Anon! You're a cool man. Can I ask if you've read Marvel Adventures Spider-Man?
>>
>>78540896
>Age
>Favorite Cartoon
Ed Edd n' Eddy
>Favorite Comic
Sonic Universe
Almost 6 years
Storytimes and being able to obsess over cartoon obscure cartoon characters with a group.
>To 2016 and beyond
Well Tomboy has to be my favorite comic on shelves and my guilty pleasure "I Hate Fairyland" is still going so there's that. Hoping Archie can get better and stop delaying shit. Looking forward to /co/'s reactions to all the movies starring anthropomorphic characters.
>>
>>78544976
>Marvel Adventures Spider-Man
No, but I've heard good things about them, so I'll probably look them up, at some point.
>>
>Age

>favorite cartoon

South Park

>Favorite Comic

All time: Claremont's Uncanny X-men
Right now: All New X-men

About a year

>what brought you here

I like comics.
>>
>>78545068
I'm bummed I got on the Tomboy train late

>>78545073
Definitely check it out! Supergirls Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade too! Both very fun!
>>
>all these people who were undersgeb&
I just find it kind of funny.
>>
>>78546117
Just keep in mind that this site was created by a 15 year old weeb using his mom's credit card.
>>
>age
>favorite cartoon
samurai jack
>favorite comic
sandman or swamp thing
>how long you been here/what made you come here
I'm a newfag. I was still browsing /b/ and /x/ when I cought an episode of gravity falls and realized there was a board for discussing cartoons. This was around September 2014 since I remember watching the Soos and the Real Girl with gfg. I was already trying to get into comics but had only read Sandman and random issues I picked up at my lcs. Storytimes and friendly recommendations really made it easier to discover new things.
>why do you come here
/co/ got me really into comics and cartoons and I have no one else to talk about them with.
>>
File: 155.png (95 KB, 899x540) Image search: [Google]
155.png
95 KB, 899x540
>Age
>Favorite Cartoon
Ed Edd and Eddy
>Favorite Comic
Never really had a favorite comic.
Started to go to /co/ around 2014
When there are cartoon streams they are usually fun.
>>
>>78546906
If you want or need comic recs lemme know!
>>
File: eddy soaks his wood even more.jpg (33 KB, 450x413) Image search: [Google]
eddy soaks his wood even more.jpg
33 KB, 450x413
>>78540896

>Age

>Favorite Cartoon

Ed, Edd, N' Eddy

>Favorite Comic

I'm not very big on cape comics, but I enjoy reading the storytimes of independent comics from time to time. I especially like the French BDs that get translated, like Kairos.

Spring 2011 and going onwards

I first thought that all of 4chan was a den of scum and villainy. But a friend convinced me to come here saying that "its not all bad". Initially, I was turned off by everything here but grew adjusted to everything that went on. I used to be a name/drawfag for the Adventure Time threads when they appeared every Sunday and Wednesday. When those died, I eventually started to go crossboard and lurk around.

But /co/ has always remained my homeboard. It was always good to know that there were other anons who enjoyed cartoons like I did. Now that there's a Star Wars general of sorts around here, I think I'll be staying here for a long time. /co/ may have been through a lot, but its a great board to be.
>>
File: image_0.png (232 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
image_0.png
232 KB, 540x304
>>78542649
I'm assuming you've misquoted, I prefer the tone in the earlier issues is all
>>
File: 1212956043262.png (60 KB, 789x751) Image search: [Google]
1212956043262.png
60 KB, 789x751
>Age

>Favorite Cartoon
Dexter's Lab (original run only)

>Favorite Comic
Usagi Yojimbo or Claremont's X-men

2006... oh god next summer it'll be ten years.

Came for the cartoons, stayed for the comics.
Originally here because the forums on BCDB weren't lively enough. Stayed here and got back into comics (hadn't read any since the early 2000s). Storytimes are a large reason I can't quit /co/.
>>
>Age
>Favorite Cartoon
The Venture Bros.
>Favorite Comic
Been only reading comics for a bit, really depends, Kyle Rayner is my favorite Superhero though.
The site? 8 years, this board, 2.
Enjoyable story times and talkback threads of current /co/related shit. Loving me some Flash threads.
>>
>Age

30 as of two minutes ago. Wooo.

>Favorite Cartoon

Simpsons

>Favorite Comic

TMNT

January 2008

Came out of curiosity, stayed because its funny.
>>
File: 126765881215.png (421 KB, 768x702) Image search: [Google]
126765881215.png
421 KB, 768x702
>>
>>78543889
>Watches SU
>Says that GF took a dip in quality
Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>78540896
>Age
>Favorite Cartoon
Power Puff Girls/Pepper Ann
>Favorite Comic
Astro City - Life in the Big City
I like comics and cartoons
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.