[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody here like Jonny Quest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
Does anybody here like Jonny Quest?
>>
>>78517368
There was never an other show like it before or since.
>>
The EXTREEEEME remake had one of the best Intro songs in Cartoon history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_uYJySWlco
>>
>>78517625
Meh, I prefer the original
>>
>>78517510
For its time, it had great animation. It also has music and background art that would be good even by todays standards.
>>
>>78517625
Loved this show, music got me pumped every time.
>>
>>78517849
I don't discriminate, I loved both even though I haven't seen either in years.

I don't remember exactly, but I think the newer one had a few redesigns in the middle of the series that confused me.
>>
>>78519097
What do you mean?
I only watched the first episode of the series where Jonny was a teen.
>>
People aren't allowed to like it today unless it's in some ironic deconstructed form.
>>
I prefer Action Johnny.
>>
>>78517368
After watching the Venture Bros. it is impossible to watch and take seriously.
>>
File: 1448564103788.webm (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1448564103788.webm
1 MB, 320x240
i remember watching it when i was younger.
i remember the sequel show getting pretty dark
i watched enough of the original for toby danger to have me rolling though
>>
>>78517368
What are some other old good ones that are forgotten by the young whipper-snappers of today? I remember Sealab 2020 (speak not of the travesty that is 2021) , and I loved Herculoids and Space Ghost (back when he was real before the coast to coast) . I can even fondly recall the Galaxy Trio and Teen Force.
>>
>>78520001
Before there was Harvey Birdman there was Birdman.
>>
>>78520030
Who's the name in the suit
>>
Love the show. Would love to see Brad Bird reboot it.
>>
File: Jesse_Bannon.png (396 KB, 608x464) Image search: [Google]
Jesse_Bannon.png
396 KB, 608x464
>>78517625
Based also.
Jessie B.
But really I read a article that after the first season everything went completely tits up. I still remember how scared shitless I was when I saw the Medusa episode ... Good times
>>
>>78519097
Google it it's a good read ,the directors whould change every few months animators quitting etc. They say that this show production was as fucked as waterworld one .
>>
>>78519528
>is that you 21 ?
>>
>>78520092
That show was dank. I still cannot believe they just decide to kill him off like that but Phil is just the best boss ever
>>
love it looking forward to the live action film directed my Robert Rodriguez
>>
>>78517625

I never liked this show. Even at 11 years old, I wasn't impressed with the CG bits and actually thought they were the weak point of the show. It killed me sometimes to go through it because any of the good shows on Toonami came on right after it.
>>
>>78517368
STEVE RUDE
T
E
V
E

R
U
D
E
>>
Liked the original. Never saw the 80s series. Loved the first season of the 90s series minus the CG segments. Lost interest in the second season of the 90s series.
>>
File: pasha.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
pasha.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>>78517368
The one thing I sincerely loved about original Jonny Quest was Pasha. Motherfucking Pasha. This guy right here. The instant he shows up you know he's going to be the best.
>>
It's so awesome that so many people here like Jonny Quest!
>>
I fucking loved both the original and the remake.
>>
>>78523774
>Kaziklu

The fuck? How are you still alive?

Did you escape from Turkish prison?
>>
>>78517368
I saw the first post of this thread in the catalog and immediately got the theme music in my head.

Thank you OP
>>
>>78519643
>Toby Danger

The best goddamn thing about that short was that they actually got Don Messick and Granville Van Dusen to voice Dr. Danger and Dash O'Pepper
>>
>>78520001
>hating on 2021
>hating on Space Ghost:CtC
They're comedy shows, they're not like the original. They're good for what they are, man, they haven't replaced the originals.
>>
File: rajq_vamp_booty.png (984 KB, 1075x770) Image search: [Google]
rajq_vamp_booty.png
984 KB, 1075x770
The original is a great pulp adventure show with no other of its ilk. It actual has kids using actual guns to kill living animals!

And as pretentious as the 90s EXTREME! phase was, the REAL! Adventures lived up to the name. Dark shit happened in nearly every episode. Nightmare Fuel: The Series would not be an exaggeration for an alternate name.

Also why isn't the Book of Rage a /co/ meme? It deserves to be, damnit!
>>
>>78517368
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNkM_c1ly98

All I know is I wanted this game when I was a kid.
>>
>>78517877
I loved that opening theme song.
>>
>>78523774

What about New Adventures? Everyone forgets about poor old Hardrock.

Also the bug movies were great. Loved how Zin kept offing his officers.
>>
>>78525635
See you in two years, anon
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.