[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't you go see Princess and the Frog in theatres?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 20
File: p3553501_p_v7_ae.jpg (109 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p3553501_p_v7_ae.jpg
109 KB, 480x720
Why didn't you go see Princess and the Frog in theatres? You could have saved 2D films.
>>
But I did. I fucking cry when I see the making-of documentary.

I'm pissed as fuck it didn't get more recognition. It was the last Disney film actually made with heart rather then a cheap Dreamworks-lite movie that they're shitting out constantly.
>>
>>78481237
They should have named it Voodoo'ed
>>
>>78481289

>cry on Disney Princesses film.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i watch all disney princesses titles and i didnt cry a single tear.

go cry to your momma, faggot.
>>
I like 2D but I don't see the point of watching animated movies at the theaters. At least with live action the effects are more impressive. Seeing a drawn line larger doesn't add much.
>>
>>78481289
>Not liking Wreck It Ralph

Shit taste detected. But I can say the rest is pretty bad. Tangled was okay, it was kind of like their Shrek. Frozen was shit awful, and so boring. Big Hero 6 was pretty cute, but not a masterpiece.
Hoping Zootopia is Wreck It Ralph tier, especially with Rich Moore at the helm.
>>
>>78481452
Well the bigger a canvas art is drawn on the more impressive it looks and seeing top-tier hand drawn animation on a big screen is fucking impressive. Though I agree that there is not much point if its some shitty Cartoon Network spinoff movie.
>>
>>78481548
Wreck it Ralph loses points for product placement and the fact that we didn't see enough video game landscapes. Overall it could have been better.
>>
>>78481423
He's not saying he cried because the film itself made him sad, he's implying that the effort that went into the making of the movie made him cry. Also, who gives a shit? Quit being an edglord, and try coming back to 4chan when you're not 12.
>>
>>78481237

Disney should stop making Generic Princesses Movie #5756453.
>>
>>78481548

I actually liked WIR. At least it felt original, though it was nowhere near as good as PATF.
>>
>>78481786

At least PATF had quality.
>>
>>78481873
It looked nice but had no soul. You can tell they overedited because they were afraid of potential backlash and accusations of racism. Like choosing to have the prince be ambiguous brown and waffling on Tiana's name.
>>
I did its the last Disney movie I think I watched in theatres
>>
>>78481873

they married at the end right ? its a generic disney princesses movie.
>>
>>78481237
I don't see ethnic movies, anon. I wouldn't go see Barbershop 3 or Creed either
>>
>>78481963

>Not understanding that it's supposed to be a invoked Princess movie IE the "princess" is a normal girl who just wants to open a restaurant, the "prince" is a sleazy ass, the "goofy animal sidekick" actually amounts to something, and the villain gets killed by his own "sidekicks" while his song is turned against him.

Enchanted was also a great example. Basically a big "fuck you" to Shrek.
>>
File: 1450830652186.png (1 MB, 599x726) Image search: [Google]
1450830652186.png
1 MB, 599x726
>>78481873
It was a really really god 90's era Disney movie. But I don't think anybody has ever addressed the elephant in the room when it comes to the directorial differences between 2D animation and 3D.

PATF has this archaic notion that the main protagonist and antagonist NEEDS a fourth-wall breaking song and dance number, whereas 3D films clearly avoid this for the most part. And the story turns and characters themselves are much less complex and still stuck in the dimension they are drawn in, there is just no subtlety to speak of. It doesn't help that most 2D runtimes are on average 20 or 30 minutes shorter. Stylistically direction-wise, they all blend together. Yet in 3D there is a lot more exploration of different genres and tones. Just compare Zootopia to HTTYD2 and how they push the boundaries in vastly different directions.

I honestly believe if the same standards that 3D storytelling are applied to traditionally animated features they will be successful and popular again.
>>
>>78481998
Nobody cares about your outdated racism grampa
>>
>>78482133

maybe lots of in this site wouldnt agree with my opinion, but Frozen was a big "Fuck You too" to disney princesses movies.
>>
>>78482719
But I agree, Frozen was garbage and ruined their legacy.
>>
Fuck off op, you don't know me. I saw it several times, dragged groups of people to see it with me.
>>
Las night I stumbled upon a bukkake drawing of that chick.
>>78481237
I did!
>>
>>78482719

Exactly. It pretty much shitted all over Disney's legacy and now we're never getting anything as great as stuff like Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin, and Lion King ever again.

Meanwhile PATF and Enchanted knew how to toy with seeimingly cliched and overdone tropes Shrek was making fun of but show how they can actually work.
>>
>>78482935

Frozen wasnt Disney Princesses movies.

disney is already confirmed it.
>>
>>78482935
Agreed with you mostly, but Little Mermaid wasn't very good. Ariel is completely unlikable once you realize that she's a stereotypically horrible bratty teen who doesn't learn anything the entire time and somehow gets her way in the end.
>>
>>78483051
It was a Disney princess movie, but it wasn't a Disney Princess movie.
>>
File: tumblr_nkgtd16cY51sx03a7o1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkgtd16cY51sx03a7o1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x282
The Shadow VooDoo Priest was the only thing in that movie worth a viewing and he ironically has the only good song in the movie as well

Also, this movie is entirely bullshit since its politically incorrect. A politically powerful princess who lives in the fucking ass end of the south who is friends with White People?

How the fuck is this not Cultural Enrichment?
>>
>>78483085

Exactly
>>
>>78483051
>>78483085
It's not part of the Disney Princess franchise only because they're still able to milk it as a standalone cash cow.

Wouldn't surprise me if the lines merge sometime after the Frozen ride they slapped into Epcot opens and they're able to fully market Norway as Princess Fantasy Faire East Coast between the Frozen attraction and expanded character meets and the Princess breakfast that's been there for a while now.
>>
File: 8789684.png (145 KB, 555x143) Image search: [Google]
8789684.png
145 KB, 555x143
>>78482935

Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin is the worst disney princesses movies.

>hey i just met you, lets get married !

What kind of nonsense is this.

Disney princesses movies are teaching kids to be whores.

at least Frozen & Enchanted are better than this.
>>
>>78483052
The songs were great as were the side characters and villain. Ariel was generic, but she was better executed than most.
>>
>>78481289
Go be queer somewhere else grandpa the 3d movies are awesome. Thank the man Jesus they arnt making 2d anymore
>>
>>78481237
I did see it in theaters
Shame it wasn't any good
>>
>>78481548
Honestly BH6 was just as boring as Frozen and Zootopia is honestly uninspired conceptwise. Disney refuses to make any trailer focusing on the TRUE story for the fucking thing of Judy trying to solve the crime and Nick being a con-artist with something to lose with his scheme delaying her.

Also the fucking annoying General SPAMMERS of Zootopia make me just want to pirate the damn fucking film when it hits next year. And again, FUCK the shippers for Judy/Nick. They also help in making the film annoying.
>>
>>78483272

>At least Frozen and Enchanted are better than this.

>Anna is told several times not to ride the dick of someone she just met.
>Nah fuck it, she's riding the dick of someone she also barely knew at the end.
>>
File: Lando6-2.jpg (47 KB, 470x280) Image search: [Google]
Lando6-2.jpg
47 KB, 470x280
>>78483435
Would it be any different than ANY presence of a black or non-white character? In what way would it be genuine or genuine enough for a product?
>>
>>78481786
Why should they? Twats go to the movies more than men do just like how they vote more than men. So women "vote" with their money more at the box office meaning it's not a surprise as to why Disney can shit out Disney Princess Shit endlessly and always find success. The intended demographic WILL eat that shit up.

Men are harder to please and subsidize something in smaller numbers. But women are a reliable herd of sheeps. The men who also watch Disney Princess Shit are just a two bit bonus. Never hurts to have that extra bit of profit since men don't mind watching women's movies. After all they're emasculated enough.
>>
>>78481237
>Began Disney's paranoia of using the word 'Princess' in movie titles and also began Disney's obsession with one-word movie titles
>>
>>78483435
Stay redpilled, m'lord. I'm betting you couldn't even elaborate on what, specifically, was wrong with either film, unless it's simply that women and nonwhites are protagonists in them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU9mnbMJnpM

RIP
>>
>>78483655
it's not for men or women, it's for little girls who buy dolls and shit

normal adults don't watch cartoons, you autist
>>
>>78483272
>Disney princesses movies are teaching kids to be whores.

No they aren't. They're teaching girls that they're empowered to always make out like bandits in the game of life just because, vagina. And boys? They learn that men are stupid, lazy, good for nothing butt monkeys if they're "heroes" but if they're villains? THEN they're cunning, got strong masculine traits, etc. Basically male characters are portrayed horribly in Disney films, particularly the Princess ones.
>>
>>78483272
>it's not okay to marry a man you just met
>but it is okay to stick your tongue down his throat

Besides, Rapunzel married Eugene at the end of Tangled and it's still a good movie.
>>
>>78483655
I get that this if 4chan but you don't have to bring your political agenda to every single topic jeez filter that shit out, i can't imagine having a normal conversation with someone like you in real life
>>
File: tumblr_mtj2wv1UwV1s67vyfo4_250.gif (1017 KB, 245x187) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtj2wv1UwV1s67vyfo4_250.gif
1017 KB, 245x187
>>78483655
>women are more politically active and greater proponents of animation
>this is bad because reasons
>the fact that my gender doesn't vote or pay for movies as often makes me superior
>>
>>78483754
I mean, that's definitely MORE okay. Making out doesn't exactly have the same binding legal agreements or the same effects on the local monarchy's future that marriage does. Surely you don't think everyone should avoid premarital kissing?
>>
>>78483748

>Male characters portrayed horribly in Disney films.
>Who is Robin Hood?
>Who is Basil?
>Who is Aladdin?
>Who is Woody?
>Who is Hercules?
>Who is Tarzan?
>Who is Kuzco?
>Who is Sulley?
>Who is Jim Hawkins?
>Who is Jack Sparrow?
>>
>>78483129
New Orleans IS a pretty weird place, or has been over the course of its history, in that regard. I mean, there's still a lot of racism, but if there's anywhere in the South they could have conceivably told that story and the notion of Lottie and Tiana being friends wouldn't be completely unbelievable, it'd be there. Worth noting that Tiana is still the daughter of two poor slum-dwelling people and that one of the them died penniless and with his (non-love related) dreams unfulfilled due to poverty and, presumably, racism.
>>
>>78483745

Casual Tumblrina Normie Detected.
>>
>>78483897
I mean, several of those guys are (or start out) sleazy or dumb. The anon you're replying to is totally talking out of his ass, though. Even in Frozen, Kristoff is a big, tough, surly manly-man who is the sole voice of reason and has the most functional home-life. In PatF, Tiana's dad is considered a deeply admirable character because he is a hard-working patriarch. The Good Dinosaur (while not a princess movie) is all about a lone, slightly wimpy kid toughening up and becoming his own man, like his gruff-but-loving farmer of a father before him.
>>
>>78483974
Pack your buzzwords and leave. Tumblr is also full of awkward adults obsessing over children's media. I like kid's cartoons as much as the next person on this garbage website for manchildren, but own up to what you are, anon.
>>
>>78483953
Source?
>>
>>78484096

InCase.
>>
>>78481237
I did. Heck, I saw the trailer before the whole world did because they were showing its progress to film students in Louisiana when they were visiting. They even showed us how most of the backgrounds were done in Photoshop, and dissected the layers. It was pretty cool.
>>
File: 1441830590245.jpg (312 KB, 619x975) Image search: [Google]
1441830590245.jpg
312 KB, 619x975
>Saw it in theatres
>Gorgeous art, great songs, awesome characters, nice story/script
>thought 2D animation was saved
>leave theatre
>it bombs
>critics hate it
>even /co/ hates it, and not the contrarian /frz/ hate either

You people killed 2D animation because your shit taste.
>>
Kids don't like black people.
Just look at that video of two little girls given black dolls for christmas.
>>
>>78483748

basically Tumblr Feminist : The Movie then.
>>
>>78484110
In case of what?
>>
>>78481452
Nah, this movie was gorgeous on the big screen- just small details like the colors in Dr Facilier's song or the water in the transformation sequence at the end was pure eye candy.

I'm still pissed this movie bombed.
>>
>>78484233
does this actually imply genuine disdain? it's probably just harder for them to project of empathize with
>>
Only two things were good about the movie:

1. The white lady with the big tits
2. She's cute as a frog
>>
>>78481423
>>78481712
Fucking rekt
>>
>>78484444
All my favorite Disney movie seem to bomb. I'm terrified of going to see Mona and zootopia.
>>
Meh, it wasn't that great. Great animation, but the story and the message was rather neutered even for Disney. I don't know how you make Louisiana boring, but Disney found a way.
>>
>>78484334

thats the artist name anon, just google : Anna Frozen Blowjob InCase
>>
>>78481237
>First black Disney Princess
>They somehow thought it would be a great idea to have her turned into a frog for the better part of the movie

It's like they wanted all the criticism and flak they got.
>>
>>78484674
It was boring because most of the movie was in a swamp.
>>
>>78481237
I would have seen it but there wasn't a 3D showing in theaters
>>
File: 471280978.png (209 KB, 501x498) Image search: [Google]
471280978.png
209 KB, 501x498
>>78484526
>>78484526
That's actually funny because "she turns into a frog" is a big con for most people

She is cute though but it's hard to have a small cartoon animal in a disney film that isn't cute
>>
Dr. Facilier was a great villain. I would live to see PATF in Kingdom Hearts 3 just to fight him. Voodoo even blends in with the Heartless seamlessly.

He would be my all time favorite Disney villain if John Silver didn't exist.
>>
File: AbeOik6.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
AbeOik6.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>78481423
>>
>>78483678
>Disney
>obsession
>one-word movie titles
The first Disney film with a one-word title was made 75 years ago (pic related). After that three more Disney one-word title movies were released. The first postwar Disney film with a one-word title was Cinderella, but Disney one-word movie titles only came back during the Renaissance Age of animation.
>>
>>78481237
>Not black
>Not a kid
>Don't have black kids
Here's 3 reasons.
>>
I thought /co/ generally agreed that relating with a character and/or story shouldn't be based on race. Why is that suddenly the case now?
>>
>>78486618

/co/ will never admit just how right you are, anon, but I will.
>>
File: 1413574483091.jpg (15 KB, 226x207) Image search: [Google]
1413574483091.jpg
15 KB, 226x207
Reminder that it did fine, making more than double its budget back.
Reminder that there are still 2D films, just not made by your precious Disney.
>>
>>78481237
>crappy 2d is dead and gone
>based 3d is king

AND NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST!
>>
>>78482211
I don't know, 101 Dalmantians, the Lion King, the Great Mouse Detective, Tarzan, Treasure Planet and Lilo & Stitch seems pretty diverse.

Also fuck making her black just to cater to SJWs, if they are gonna make a black princess they could at least have looked for a story that originally features a black woman. Like how they did with Mulan or Pocahontas even if they follow very little from the original story.
>>
>>78486683
Oh yeah, also reminder that Disney barely tried with this film, they cared so little that the music is made by Randy goddamn Newman.
>>
>>78483897

some of those dont counter his position in the theme of princesses
>>
>>78486618
They loosely based themselves in an european story and painted it black. They could have made the same story with a native american or an asian girl but they already had stories based on stories about a native american and a Chinese girl.
>>
>>78486695

is there proof she was made to cater to sjws?
>>
>>78486728
By proof you mean a document explicitly explaining that they are doing this just for sjws? Them no, there will never be this kind of proof. But all the other princess were based on their original ethnic group with the exception of Jasmine since the original story is supposed to be set on China but the original writer had no idea about how China really was besides an exotic distant land so the only Chinese thing in the story was the mention that it is in China.
>>
>>78486769
Wait what? When in the Aladdin movie do they say they're in China?
>>
>>78486780
The original story did. Disney removed it and made everybody arabs because it makes more sense than having a story where everything sounds arabian but is implied to be in China.
>>
>>78486769

thats nonsense. just because they didnt do another europe themed movie, doesnt mean they catered to sjws
>>
Was a great fucking film and Jim Cummings was amazing. Fucking hate the constant CGI shit nowadays.
>>
>>78486769
>>78486829
You know, for once it wouldn't have hurt them to come up with a completely original story.
Apprently they didn't want an African princess story, since those exist and they didn't bother with them. They wanted to make an African-American princess for a number of reasons, including trying to get money from that demographic and getting das rayciss whiners off their ass.
Thing being, there are no African-American princess stories to speak of because of US history, so they went with adapting a story that wasn't set in that context and changed it. Which is fine in my book, I don't really give a shit, the Wiz did it, why can't others?
But coming up with an original story would have shut "muh blackwashing" people up, with the added benefice of making it look like Disney actually cares and puts work into giving little black girls the same escapist fantasies as the others. Which again, by using Randy Newman to make New Orleans music, they didn't show.
Although I guess then someone would have whined about something else.
>>
>>78481237
The princess was ugly.

If I'm going to see a princess movie then the princess better be beautiful.
>>
>>78481289
>It was the last Disney film actually made with heart
This is so far from true. Disney didn't put anything into this movie but Social Justice awareness. It literally crippled any hope this had of creativity.
>>
>>78486905

the lead being black was more than enough. my best friends mom refused to see the movie, even though shes seen every other animated disney film.
>>
>posters so blinded by their hatred of sjws, they can't see past the fact that the Princess is black to actually judge the movie on its own merits

It's sad to see, but not exactly unexpected. Anti-sjws are usually just as deluded as their sjw counterparts.
>>
>>78486938
Is she currently on the internet complaining that Disney did a black princess movie?
You're not going to get everybody to see your movie every time, you win some you lose some. Consider the movie, again, did fine despite your best friends' mom not approving.
>>
>>78486967

her not being on the internet doesnt chage that she specificially went out of her way to avoid a movie with a black lead, while seeing home on the range on opening night
>>
>>78486963
Anybody who isn't an SJW is an anti-SJW, really.
>>
I actually liked this a lot more than I thought I would. Even if the concept might have been tumblr the actual movie was good.
>>
>>78487011

Not really. It's kinda like with religion. On one side, you have the fundamentalist loonies, and on the other, you have the anti-theists. In between, you have the regular old atheists, agnostics and religious people who just want to be left alone. Same with you guys. There's the SJWs, the Anti-SJWs and everyone else in between who thinks you should both just calm the hell down.
>>
>>78487030

nuh uh
>>
>>78486993
I understand that, but who cares. Some people won't see some movies for any number of reasons. Big whoop. If she's that racist that she couldn't be won over, what the fuck is even the point of bringing her up. They were going to make an AA princess movie anyway, that was set, they knew that some people would be too racist to like it period.
My point was at least if they had an original stories it would shut up muh blackwashing people. I wasn't trying to say it would win literally everybody over including people who wont see movies with a black lead, because I'm not a fucking retard.

What point are you trying to make anyway, that they shouldn't have made a movie with a black lead because some people are racist and therefor won't go watch it for that reason?
>>
Disney should do a movie with an alien princess who falls in love with a feral non-human animal. That would make fucking bank.
>>
>>78481655
This.
My biggest problem with Pulpit Paulie was the fact that the largest role for an actual video game character was Zangief, and he only gave Ralph some advice. He was literally upstaged by Mentos, which freshmade everything all better.

Meanwhile you have classic cartoon characters helping Eddie Valiant out to the point of being instrumental to the plot at times, despite making room for the character who was made specifically for the book.

Even Lego Movie made better use of its licensing through Batman.

With Hit-it Harry, we essentially get the AA meeting scene and from then on very small cameos that have little to no bearing with its surprisingly lackluster story.

It is vastly overrated.
>>
>>78486699
What's wrong with Randy Newman?

You take that shit back; he's already the only good decision that was made.
>>
>>78485828
He's talking about how every princess movie since Princess and the Frog has a one-word title (Tangled, Frozen, Gigantic).
Still dumb as shit reasoning. They're just keeping the titles as thematically similar as the shitty yet intensely fapworthy movies they represent.
>>
>>78487171
Randy Newman is a hack who does the same type of songs for everything he works on. None of his music for the movie set in damn New Orleans is jazz.
And don't get me wrong, I like some of Randy Newman's stuff and I thought Friends on the other side was good, but most of the music in the movie is kind of meh and ill-fitting.

He's basically the default composer for cartoon movies if you don't have any better idea and don't care to try to find someone else.
>>
>>78487249
>most of the music in the movie is kind of meh and ill-fitting

It was a lackluster piece of shit. Even John Williams couldn't save TFA, so it's par for the course, really. A soulless movie will end up with a soulless soundtrack.
>>
>>78487126
>the largest role for an actual video game character was Zangief,
But that's not a bad thing. It's a movie, not fanservice porn.
I agree with the other guy saying we should have seen more video game landscapes though.
>>
>>78487273
And yet two other more successful movies managed to make room for enough fanservice without detracting from their stories, particularly Roger Rabbit, which had various fanservice segments while maintaining its far superior narrative.
What's worse is this was time Knock-it Neville actually had. Did we really need another montage-with-licensed-song? The time spent in candyland was overlong without it, and needed trimming throughout.

I disagree with you, anon. It was a bad thing, and it showed that the team had no idea what it was doing with the licenses it held. It made zero effort to use what it had to add to the movie as a whole, and instead just wasted it entirely.

Too many people who defend this pile of shit always think that the fanservice was either gonna fall under one extreme or another: if it wasn't underused, then it would've been overused.

Roger Rabbit proved that such licensing can and should be juggled and mixed in with the story. Instead what we got ended up being just as bad as fanservice porn. We got a bland, generic movie where, again, Mentos was instrumental to solving everything.
>>
>>78481655
>product placement
it was a game world fucker are you an idiot?
>>
>>78487347
Yeah, Subway and Mentos really put me in the atmosphere.
Don't forget to Eat Freshmaker everybody!
>>
>>78486699
what's wrong with Randy Newman?
>>
>>78487360
He thinks he's a hack.
>>
>>78487249
he's actually good singer songwriter, even fucking Dylan admits it. Check out his albums. I reallly like Sail Away (the album).
>>
>>78487249
>None of his music for the movie set in damn New Orleans is jazz.

There is more to New Orleans musically than jazz. Going down to the French Quarter you're more likely to hear zydeco than jazz.

Living in New Orleans for any extended period of time will make you hate zydeco.
>>
>>78487343
It's not because it wasn't a disservice to other movies that it would have been a service to this one.

The movie was fine, it certainly had issues, but not enough fanservice wasn't one of them imo.

You got something different from what you expected, but more fanservice wouldn't make it a better movie in and of itself.
>>
>>78487383
This. I'll agree that soundtracks aren't always his strong points, especially if he's doing awful shit like Princess and the Frog, but as a straight musician, he's fucking great.
>>
>>78487370
He is a hack.

>>78487383
I have downloaded some of his albums and as I said I certainly like some of it, he's still a hack who rewrites the same music over and over again. It's decently good music, but still.
>>
>>78487392
>you got something different from what you expected

I'd be fine with that. Different can be a wonderful thing.
I'm not fine with a shitty movie that didn't even have the sense to cover up how shitty it was with what it ended up wasting its money on. Even if they didn't buy any licensed characters alone, it would still have been godawful. ReBoot tackled a similar concept much more effectively, with zero licensed characters.

What it needed was a screenwriter or team of screenwriters that actually knew how to use what it had to work with. Instead we clearly got a hack who only illustrated that she was capable of writing schlock like Frozen.

I'm very concerned about A Wrinkle in Time, but hopefully she'll have a talent for adapting existing works.
>>
>>78487073

youre jumping to all sorts of conclusions. i brought her up because her son and i didnt think she was racist until she showed her true colors. and i highly doubt that people upset about blackwashing were anything sort of a fraction of the people who didnt see it. my issue is that whenever something has a black lead, it either becomes a black product made specifically for black people, or some sort of sjw agenda piece meant to uplift people for some reason instead of being a form of entertainment
>>
>>78487392
>the movie was fine

When?
>>
>>78487392
>It's not because it wasn't a disservice to other movies that it would have been a service to this one.

And that's an ironclad fact? Where I come from if something's happened before, it's almost always perfectly capable of happening again.
>>
>>78487030
Not too many people here think Christians are anything but crossburning fanatics. Thank you.
>>
File: Tiana - Frog.png (613 KB, 700x585) Image search: [Google]
Tiana - Frog.png
613 KB, 700x585
>>
>>78484189
But... critics don't hate it. And it wasn't a box office bomb.
>>
Because a screener got released.
>>
File: latest.png (195 KB, 552x602) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
195 KB, 552x602
The frog design was uninspired.
Pic related is how you do an animal trasformation right!
>>
>>78486905
>Thing being, there are no African-American princess stories to speak of because of US history
Mulan is not a princess and she didn't marry a prince. Doesn't stopped her for being an honorary princess in Disney line up.

All they needed was an awesome black woman. And they could have adapted an African story in United States too just like they did with the European story. I think it would be much more tasteful and would bring many more interesting mythological elements to the Disney universe.
>>
I didn't watch Tangled in the cinema and I regret it.
>>
File: affichekirikouetlasorciere.jpg (509 KB, 1417x1931) Image search: [Google]
affichekirikouetlasorciere.jpg
509 KB, 1417x1931
There is difference between doing an african character because you have a story to tell, or doing it because you want the african-american audience
>>
>>78482719
>but Frozen was a big "Fuck You too" to disney princesses movies.

I hate the audacity of this. Frozen existed to attack those tropes that were Disney's bread and butter. The past Princesses were like cardboard cutout, yes, but they were from a different time with different people/society and different values. It just seems so childish and lazy to criticize past Princesses to prop up how "great" your movie is.

And the hilarious thing is, the movie actually falls flat in the end because they used a fucking cringe-y trope where the bad guy discusses his plans and then leaves without killing the protagonist.

They focused so much making their movie so cool by dissing old Disney tropes, and then they used a fucking horrible trope for their villain. Fuck Frozen.
>>
>>78483754
Technically, they married after a year or so.
>>
>>78488383
Amen. Frozen was shit.
>>
>>78486618
I actually really liked how the movie showed Tiana working hard. I think that' quite important for kids to see. The rest of the movie is pretty shitty though.
>>
>>78483754
>Tangled
I liked the movie, but that part bothered me. Not only is the princess of the country marrying a lower class personage, whiched woulld be seen as a massive insult to any neighboring monarchs, she's marrying a known felon who iirc wasn't even framed.
>>
>>78488373
This.
>>
>>78488494
The kingdom can always angle it as the thief who changed face and saved their fair princess (while not knowing she was a princess). It won't sit well with the greedy monarchs but the peasants will eat that shit up.
>>
>>78483655

>"women are sheep and men's entertainment demands more"
>whines about "pandering" whenever something deviates from testosterone explosions and homophobia
>>
>>78484444
Maybe it was because she was a nigger for publicity and niggers didn't even appreciate it.
>She a frog fo most of da movie. Das rasis!
>>
File: XC3vfdV.jpg (215 KB, 1257x1394) Image search: [Google]
XC3vfdV.jpg
215 KB, 1257x1394
>>78481237
My brother & I did for that exact reason.
We were literally the only 2 people in the entire theatre for the duration of the screening.
>>
>>78483655
So I was at a MRA meeting with Clem having a chat about football and then Odin Quincannon shows up going BOY I SURE DO HATE CUNTS.
>>
>>78486683
Name 3 coming out in 2016
>>
>>78481237
Because if you want to make an iconic (not token) black princess you should place the story in Nubia, Ethiopia or ancient Shebwa.
Disney already had Kida anyway...
>>
>>78490471
Why does it matter where its set if the story is genuinely good, which it is?
>>
>>78481289
Thanks I'll get the blu-ray now to see it for myself. I love the making of stuff for animated movies
>>
>>78490531
It isn't.
>>78488373
This is and I wouldn't mind making a story in a different setting based on african stories.
>>
File: 1417235705221.png (449 KB, 770x504) Image search: [Google]
1417235705221.png
449 KB, 770x504
>>78481237
Because she was black. That was the only reason.
>>
>>78485494

>John Silver
>Villain

If anything, Scroop was the only real villain of the movie seeing he had no sense of empathy.
>>
I'm just happy the film still gets credit, IE Tiana being an official Disney Princess, Facilier becoming one of Disney's most popular villains, and the factor that it is HIGHLY likely to get a world in Kingdom Hearts 3, almost as much as Frozen.
>>
>>78491572

I just hope Nomura remembers to include Tiana's based white best friend unlike Tantor in 1's Tarzan world, Zazu in 2's Lion King world, Pleakley in BBS' Lilo and Stitch prologue world, and Clopin in DDD's Hunchback world.
>>
File: ini.jpg (146 KB, 747x747) Image search: [Google]
ini.jpg
146 KB, 747x747
>>78481237

Why?

Simple. It wasn't a very good film.

There are maybe two musical numbers worth remembering in it, and one of them (Friends on the Other Side) has some rather jarring transitions in tone that I didn't care for. The vilain was good, but the supporting cast- every one of them- were annoying and forgettable. I chuckled maybe once at the alligator, but not more. Firefly hick sucked. Voodoo grandma sucked. Fusilier's plot to somehow control New Orleans by killing one of its main sources of funds makes no sense. The main character is told to "compromise" on her work ethic and loosen up like the prince, despite not ever getting a satisfying explanation about why being a workaholic for her is a bad thing.

The film has none of the grace of its 2D predecessors, much though it tries, and if this failed to save 2D, it's plain to see why. It's not a bad film... but it's eminently forgettable, lukewarm, and hardly a classic. Literally being the "last traditional 2D film" is its only noteworthy point, besides maybe Fusilier... but even Fusilier, as mentioned previously, had his flaws, and not in a good way.

I'm going to go watch Wall-E again. Keep telling me that 3D has no heart.
>>
>>78493905

Facilier was the last truly great Disney Villain though, not counting guys like Lotso from Toy Story 3, Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts, and Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls.

Turbo/King Candy was good but had nowhere near as much of a pressense or charm.
>>
>>78481237
>Wanted to see it but couldn't afford to.
>>
>>78481237
Because it wasn't very good or interesting.
I love 2D animation but Princess and the Frog's only saving graces were its villain and soundtrack. Everything else felt like it was trying to recapture what made the Renaissance films work without really understanding why they worked, mixed with a boring middle act and a surprisingly convoluted storyline.

Tangled and Frozen were better films.
>>
>>78481237
I did
twice ;__;
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.