[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is it, /co/? I'm too scared to watch.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13
File: dawn.png (1 MB, 1556x474) Image search: [Google]
dawn.png
1 MB, 1556x474
How bad is it, /co/? I'm too scared to watch.
>>
>>78481059
The worst korean animation money can buy and just plain bad
>>
I'd rather watch the Awesomes. Nobody cares about the fucking Croods.
>>
>>78481059
If you're expecting it to take place after the movie, you'll be disappointed.

It's not that bad. I do dislike how the son is basically used for comedy relief. Then again, he wasn't that smart in the movie.
>>
File: tree.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
tree.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>78483316
making it fit even as a prequel seems a little weird.
They should have just went with AU.
>>
It's actually pretty good. Roughly on par with Star vs, which has generals and everything. I'm surprised /co/ isn't jerking off over all the barefoot cuties.
>>
>>78481330
The animation isn't even bad you cock-smoker.
>>
>>78484643
>>78486764
I see bare feet and muscle growth. Anything else worth caring about?
>>
>>78484643
Man this is weird
>>
Makes literally no sense as a prequel.
They are 10 times bolder here than they were at any point in the movie.
>>
When I said I wanted Dreamworks to go back to 2D animation, I meant a sequel for Road to El Dorado.
>>
>>78486838
They didn't want Eep tied down as a young adult with an established love interest. It's easier to make a show for kids with a school-aged protagonist. A prequel was the only choice.

Also, consider that the movie takes place after an extinction event and the Croods are much more traumatized than during the seemingly prosperous times of the series.
>>
>>78481059

It's very plain. That's almost a sin nowadays.
>>
>>78486933

There is literally nothing about the 16 century that was suitable for a kids show.
>>
>>78486838
Everybody dies horribly and your family are the only ones left. Now you live every moment of your life trying to not let them die too.
>>
File: liyote.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
liyote.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>78490877
That's the other problem with a prequel.
It only works if everyone is killed off by the end.
>>
File: free meat.webm (1 MB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
free meat.webm
1 MB, 1080x607
>>
>>78481059

It's not unwatchable, but it's not good either. It's competently tedious.

The writing is weak, unimaginative, and really struggles in the 22-minute episodes, which feel twice as long. Their attempts at B-plots pale in comparison to a Gravity Falls or Rick and Morty. The half episodes are tolerable.

The animation is the usual uninspired result you'd expect when lazy artists ship their flimsy storyboards to Koreans who are not paid enough to give a fuck. The Canadian-made episodes are not much better creatively.

The most unfortunate thing about the visuals is that they did not see this as a chance to dust off the Sander designs. If you enjoyed the vibrancy of the backdrops or the exotic monsters of the movie version, you'll have to severely temper your expectations.

On the plus side, the actors do a decent job at capturing a likeness of the movie voices.
>>
>>78493051
>The most unfortunate thing about the visuals is that they did not see this as a chance to dust off the Sander designs

I was starting to listen to you and then I shut you down right here.

You're just butthurt about the preproduction artwork and still STILL haven't gotten over it.

You're not worth listening to.
>>
>>78493172

Actually I meant the monster designs like the saber toothed tiger in the movie, and you just want to start shit for no reason.
>>
File: banner.jpg (800 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
banner.jpg
800 KB, 1920x1200
>>78493051
That's another thing wrong with a prequel.
Since they haven't learned how amazing and vibrant their world is yet, they have to stay in dull and drab land.
>>
File: rise-of-the-guardians-movie.jpg (903 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
rise-of-the-guardians-movie.jpg
903 KB, 1024x1024
>all the Dreamworks movies that get countless holiday specials, shorts, and full animated series
>this one will forever be forgotten
>>
>>78493323
Maybe they'll make a theatrical short to go before kung fu panda 2.
They do pre movie shorts, right?
>>
>>78493280

I guess that's a fair excuse for the backgrounds being so dull, but most of the creatures have 3-color palettes. Everything just feels drab.
>>
File: pocketprincesses155.jpg (208 KB, 800x543) Image search: [Google]
pocketprincesses155.jpg
208 KB, 800x543
>>78493323
>The reason why Disney will never buy out Dreamworks
>>
File: egg toss.webm (1 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
egg toss.webm
1 MB, 720x405
>>
>>78493323
It sucks that Guardians was considered a failure.
>>
I skimmed through the movie the other day while zapping. It looked alright, but the dad was being seriously mistreated the whole time.
>>
>>78491708
I love the bizarre Chuck Jone's-esque facial features the teacher has going on. Not sure why people are calling this show plain. There are plenty of neat designs and interesting moments of animation.
>>
>>78493552
>>78492469
>>78491708
>>78484643
The animation in all four of these looks wildly different. Is the entire season this inconsistent visually?
>>
File: animators.jpg (840 KB, 800x1350) Image search: [Google]
animators.jpg
840 KB, 800x1350
>>78495846
It's been through several hands.
I think it's staying with Korea though since there are more of those episodes than there are Bardel episodes.
>>
File: mock hunt.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
mock hunt.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>
File: fun.webm (3 MB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
fun.webm
3 MB, 1080x607
>>
Official Dreamworks TV Adaptations rankings

GOD TIER
Penguins of Madagascar
All Hail King Julien
(Both shows are vastly superior to the movies and are the funniest thing Dreamworks has put out)

GREAT TIER
Dragons
(Sometimes the need to make everything about the ensemble or have lots of jokes is tedious, but the action is topnotch, the plots are solid, and it occasionally produces godtier epiaodes)

GOOD TIER
Puss in Boots
Turbo Fast
(They're entertaining shows with good animation, action, and jokes. They fall prey to being cliched though)

MEDIOCRE TIER
Kung Fu Panda
(Action is subpar, jokes are bad, everything is too Po-focused, but it occasionally had a great episode)

LOUSY TIER
Dawn of the Croods
(It's so dull and forgettable, the episodes drag, and the animation is terrible. It's watchable but that's about it)

SHIT TIER
Mr.Peabody and Sherman Show
(The talk show segments are insufferable, the animation is so busy and ugly, and whoever thought to cute a 9-minute cartoon into 3 pieces is an idiot. The time travel segments are the only good part and they ruined them by doing this.)
>>
>That episode in where the society discover the concept of fun

Wow. They certainly more advanced than /co/
>>
>>78497196
I'd bump Peabody up to good tier. But that's me.
>>
>>78497196

Good list, but I'd put Dragon a bit lower. That thing put me to sleep. You're also missing Movie vs Aliens.

The best shows were all based on movies I didn't care much for, while shows for movies I did like turned out to be disappointments.
>>
>>78497890

*Monsters vs Aliens
>>
>>78497702
What happened?
>>
Grug's Voice is HORRIBLE, sounds like a fucking Jock instead of a dad protecting his family.
>>
File: punch the moon.webm (2 MB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
punch the moon.webm
2 MB, 1080x607
>>
>>78497196
Mr. Peabody and Sherman is actually the only one I really like.

But I also don't get why anyone liked Penguins of Madagascar, so.
>>
>>78498345
It's mostly the many ways you can ship any of the penguins with any of the other characters.
>>
>>78498305
>Donkey Kong Country Returns Bad Ending
>>
File: dah dah dah.webm (2 MB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
dah dah dah.webm
2 MB, 1080x607
Dreamworks, where every season of everything ends on a cliffhanger.
Expect Season 2 of Dinotrux to end with a volcano eruption threatening to destroy everything.
>>
>>78486774
it looks like a canadian cartoon
>>
>>78498809
Yeah this chase sequence where every character has their own style of running is totally Johnny Test. How old are you?

>>78491708
>>
that animation looks horrible, so do the character designs, I'm out
>>
>>78498678
Heh. Hanging off a cliff.
>>
>>78498809
It's mostly.
Some episodes are animated in Canada some are Korean.
>>
>>78498678
>staring at an eclipse

No wonder you can't see your hands you blind retards
>>
this doesn't look too bad, the first webm looked like shit but after that it seemed pretty funny
>>
>>78499837
Yeah. When I saw the Netflix trailer, it looked like Brickleberry-tier garbage as far as animation goes, but some of these Webms are actually decent looking. I expected 90% of the show to be tweened, there's actually some frame-by-frame stuff going on here.
>>
I really enjoy that the mom is just as dumb as the dad. Her objection to his idea of punching the moon isn't that it's impossible, it's that she's afraid of the moon getting mad. No PC bullshit here.
>>
>>78502964
Well, they are cave people who don't know any better.
>>
>>78503040
In this era of peasant scavengers upstaging veteran pilots in Star Wars it's noteworthy if a fictional female is anything less than an Olympic MENSA laureat.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.