[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Gotham City so run down? It's home to one of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: BatmanArkhamKnightGothamCity.jpg (263 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BatmanArkhamKnightGothamCity.jpg
263 KB, 1280x720
Why is Gotham City so run down?
It's home to one of the largest corporations in the world, yet it seems to be Detroit-tier.
Wayne Enterprises seems to fairly dominate the city, but there's abandoned factories, theaters and warehouses everywhere for any hobo with a costume to start up his criminal empire.
Is it Bruce's fault, or maybe his Dad's?
Are the Waynes just a family of robber barons bleeding the city dry?
Maybe that's why Bruce puts so much money into charity, because he's trying to make up for his dad's misdoings. Or maybe that's just tax dodging and he's, possibly without knowing it, continuing the cycle of corporate extortion.
>>
>>78470097
The Waynes don't own the city brah.

Lots of corruption in the local government for decades, politicians more interested in lining their pockets and doing the bidding of their mafia masters than doing their jobs.
>>
We've talked about this before. It's cursed and pre-Flashpoint wanted to fuck Tim Drake
>>
It also has the largest concentration of crime committed by Whites in the USA, strangely.
>>
>>78470097
Gotham is run down because it has a Detroit-tier government. Also, EVERY (Non-Wayncorp) company in town is either a mafia front, or just straight-up evil. Hell, even Wayne Corp is responsible for some janked shit. Pretty much EVERY property though is owned and operated by criminals, Wayne does his best to keep them in line, but he's always been fighting a losing battle. He's just too proud, or too hard-headed to move the company and himself somewhere better. If Wayne pulled a G.M., I'd guarantee that Gotham would collapse and take the criminal element with it.
>>
>>78470097
it's better off than detroit in a lot of ways. I can't think of too many major companies that have headquarters in detroit, meanwhile gotham has Wayne & Stagg, with a Lexcorp Branch.
>>
File: 28veto_lg.jpg (69 KB, 450x640) Image search: [Google]
28veto_lg.jpg
69 KB, 450x640
It's New York in the '70s.
>>
>>78470214
>If Wayne pulled a G.M.

Which is, ironically, the only way to save the city. Just let everything fucking collapse, then reboot the city.

Of course, one can't honestly expect a man that dresses as a flying nocturnal mammal to go about doing things intelligently.
>>
Do Gotham citizens even care about the city?
>>
>>78470097

I know you are a batman hater, but it's clear in the comics that gotham is a damned city.
gotham is also the most important port in north america, a mostly catholic (polish and italian) city, and has the best healthcare in the country.
>>
>>78470501
>Arkham Asylum
>quality health care

Pick one, nerd
>>
>>78470097
OP, Bruce Wayne's dad was a doctor. He wasn't responsible for the city.

Gotham is rife with corruption and graft on a superficial level. But it's also a city built on cursed land by mad architects who used Unholy Geometries in their construction. It's a city designed to slowly drive inhabitants insane.
>>
>>78470501
Lost arm due to Joker-acid flower (though, I admit it was kind of funny). Get cybernetic replacement for free.

Keep getting woken up by my robot arm furiously wanking me off. Lost 2 jobs for "inappropriate behavior" -also arm related.'

>fuck you WAYNECARE!
>>
>>78470425
They put up with the crime because it keeps rent affordable. Probably has great art and music scenes if you're into that stuff.

People are nostalgic for >>78470253 despite the murder and heroin and AIDS.
>>
God I wanna live in Gotham
Maybe have low key mutie powers too
>>
>>78470760
you're better off picking a less popular DC city to roll the dice on powers, although not so unpopular that an edgy writer could blow it up one day
>>
>>78470150
Why even?
>>
>>78470275
Hi, Ra's al Ghul. Big fan.
>>
>>78470760
And then you can be Anon, Wolverine's Pal!
>>
historically, criminal-run cities are better kept that ones that are contested by crime wars.
>>
>>78470097
It's Batman.
Batman is the reason why so many criminal freaks in this town.
He should just leave it to the police to handle.
We need to kill the bat.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.