[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rewatching Man of Steel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: Supermansfirst.jpg (192 KB, 1872x778) Image search: [Google]
Supermansfirst.jpg
192 KB, 1872x778
Are you going to rewatch "Man of Steel" before "Batman v Superman" /co/? I watched it again recently and found it to be even better than I remembered and now I'm really exited for BvS.
>>
Yes. Which is my way of saying I'm never watching Batman slash Superman.
>>
Yes. Going to watch it the month or week before the sequel drops. Very excited!
>>
MoS was underwhelming desu, I am excited for BvS
>>
>>78465756

definitely rewatching it with my girl so she remembers what the fuck I'm getting so hype about

I genuinely liked Man of Steel
>>
>>78465756
Why would I rewatch this shit?
>>
File: man-of-steel-rotten-tomatoes.png (246 KB, 761x468) Image search: [Google]
man-of-steel-rotten-tomatoes.png
246 KB, 761x468
No.
>>
Absolutely not.
>>
File: 1372306682148.jpg (230 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1372306682148.jpg
230 KB, 1366x768
MoS stream when?
>>
I recently rewatched MoS and it was even worse than the last time.
>>
>>78465756
>I'm really exited for BvS

I'm sure loads of people will be exited right out of the theater.
>>
>>78466406
Congratulations for being completely devoid of your own opinions, senpai
>>
>>78466740
I have an opinion, which is backed by critical and general consensus.

Congratulations on being on deep denial
>>
>>78466740
Not him
Jonathan Kent's entire motivation for hiding kal's powers was so stupid it clouded the rest of the movie, and the ending neck snap to stop the eye lasers was retarded
>>
>>78466777

All I need is a title saying "critical movie watcher" and I'll have the same non-valid opinions as they do!
>>
>>78466809
Why didn't superclark not just fly away with zodd in chokehold?
>>
>>78466835
Among many other possible things
>blind him
>knock him out

my biggest problem was why super man didn't just make a deal with zod, for them to terraform ANY OTHER PLANET and then Clark would give them the cipher (if his father could fucking imbue a baby with it, and zods medical officer could identify it, do not give me some bullshit about "it would kill clark". even then clark wouldn't necessarily know that, or could just over come death like he does several other times)
>>
>>78466827
>accused of being in denial
>goes in deeper denial
>>
Of course. Man of Steel is awesome.
>>
>>78465756
No, I didn't like man of steel just like most superman fans & my expectations are low for bvs
>>
>>78466852
They explained why they couldn't use other planets. Earth like planets were incredibly hard to find and every time kryptonions tried to terraform something almost good enough, it failed and left the explorers dead. Zod and co had been searching for fucking years and were tired.

As to why Clark had to kill him, what exactly else would he do? If he knocked him out he'd just wake up. Nothing on earth is strong enough to hold him and Zod could easily go on a rampage and kill millions more.

And with the cypher, Clark had no reason to trust Zod, plus Zod hated Clark anyway cause he's "natural" and would likely have killed him getting the baby code even if he didn't have to.
>>
Fuck yeah I'm watching it right before.
>>
>>78465756
I haven't watched it yet and I'm not sure I will, but I'll watch BvS.
Nothing tells me I'd like MoS and I've got a good enough idea of the plot points anyway.

If I gave a shit about muh continuity details I wouldn't have skipped most MCU movies.
>>
File: my-opinion.jpg (223 KB, 1208x619) Image search: [Google]
my-opinion.jpg
223 KB, 1208x619
>>78466777
Do faggots like you appear on /v/, because I know they don't appear on /a/. Otherwise, I'd see more ANN review and Reddit screencaps, instead of people actually typing out their own views.
>>
Yes I will. I liked it, hope I like BvS.
>>
>>78466809
What's so stupid about wanting to protect your son?
>>
>>78466809
I think that was the point, that he was a flawed person, but the execution was just weird cause when it happened I really didn't care.
>>
Dunno, but I think I will watch this version

http://fanedit.org/ifdb/component/content/article/79-fanedit-listings/fanfix/1201-man-of-steel-remastered

I downloaded it but never got around to watching it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (109 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
109 KB, 960x720
>>78465756
>watching garbage
>>
>>78468041
I only browse /co/ and unfortunately faggots like you not only appear, but have managed to destroy this board beyond repair just because they can't accept that a movie they liked sucks.
>>
I still haven't watched Man of Steel.

I guess I'll have to before BvS comes out.

That is if I even end up seeing BvS.
>>
File: rotten tomatoes my man.jpg (25 KB, 350x187) Image search: [Google]
rotten tomatoes my man.jpg
25 KB, 350x187
>>78465756
Yep.
>>78469694
>I only browse /co/
And tumblr or reddit right? All praise the RT overlords!
>>
>>78469733
Context of the image: All Star Wars RT pages were sponsored by Duracell and they had Duracell themed ratings leading into TFA, which clearly means nothing. Additionally you can see a perfectly accurate and objectively truthful description of an amazing movie (Star Wars Episode 3) which nobody with a brain could disagree with.
>>
File: 1433436261931.jpg (39 KB, 430x522) Image search: [Google]
1433436261931.jpg
39 KB, 430x522
>>78469764
>an amazing movie (Star Wars Episode 3)
>>
>>78469733
You seem fixated to tumblr and reddit. Obviously they're your guilty pleasures.
>>
>>78466852
Nothing as of yet could have dealt with Zod.
>blind him
He still had assess to his powers. He'll just be blindly killing everyone.
>knock him out
He'll just wake the fuck up

Its like a animal with rabies, you cant help them. You have to put them down.
>>
>>78469856
Nah. In fact I've never browsed Tumblr before solely because it annoys me seeing their ridiculously short/compressed gifs around here.
Don't worry, I'm nowhere near your home site, Tumblr-anon.
>>
>>78468116

"Let that bus full of children die next time, son. You have to protect yourself"

"Bus full of nuns, let them die."

"Bus full of kittens, let them die."

"Bus full of kitten nuns, you betcha, let 'em die."
>>
>>78469907

That's exactly what a tumblrfag would say.
I don't believe you, you're too obvious.
>>
>>78469984
>"Let that bus full of children die next time, son. You have to protect yourself"
Not what he said though. You people act like Jon straight up said "next time I want to see blood on the ground son" when all he did was imply that letting them die was an option that he'd considered. And if you listen to the tone of his voice he's obviously shaky and doesn't believe what he's saying there.
>>
>>78465756
Nah. I hate the movie even more after watching it again.
But i'm hyped for BvS i want batman to destroy superman ass
>>
>>78469984
BUT NOT DOGS!
DONT YOU EVER LET A DOG DIE ON MY WATCH.
WAS THERE A DOG ON THAT BUS?
>>
>>78470030
8/8
>>
>>78470030
You do realize that the entire point of that scene is to characterize Jon as someone who, despite having a strict morality to save everything he sees, realizes that his son's identity is even more important than that right?
>>
>>78470075
Dunno dude, almost everybody in the town knew about Clark's secret, and they saw him like a miracle.
And Clark later risks to expose himself trying to help people.
I think it would work if it was like in birthright, with Pa Kent having doubts about Clark and his powers until Clark does something that convince him that he is ready, for example in the tornado scene Clark chosing to not listen to his father and do the right thing, save him.
>>
>>78470075
Whatever the scene's intentions, it was poorly written and played.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.