[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this guy really ever like an evil villain or was it just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: the-Lizard.jpg (92 KB, 640x462) Image search: [Google]
the-Lizard.jpg
92 KB, 640x462
Was this guy really ever like an evil villain or was it just more of a monster type thing where some normal guy just turns into a brainless beast
>>
>>78447313

I'm not a huge Spider-Man guy, but I seem to recall that the Lizard persona is smart and horrible enough that it deliberately murdered and devoured Dr Connors' son, just to hurt and dehumanize his own human half.
>>
>>78447313
It's impossible to turn into a reptile without becoming evil.
>>
>>78447570
What about Hulk?
>>
File: manbat.jpg (21 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
manbat.jpg
21 KB, 500x246
>Was this guy really ever like an evil villain or was it just more of a monster type thing where some normal guy just turns into a brainless beast
>>
>>78447313
>>78447497
>>78447570
>>78448235

depends, in one issue he wants to rule the world, in another spiderman defends him in front of a court saying that hes just a misunderstood monster, he was pretty heroic in secret wars and then there was ASM1 no comment on that film
>>
>>78448284
The Marvel / DC universe Lizard and Man-Bat were lab partners working on their serum, when Connars got married he moved to NYC and continued his research using Lizard DNA, Krik continued using Bat DNA.
>>
File: spidertoybiz.jpg (551 KB, 1600x894) Image search: [Google]
spidertoybiz.jpg
551 KB, 1600x894
I had this lizard toy
>>
>>78448399
Would read.
>>
>>78447313
Hes the werewolf archetype except scaley
>>
File: BATO012016.jpg (395 KB, 1280x1959) Image search: [Google]
BATO012016.jpg
395 KB, 1280x1959
>>78448284
Man-Bat was a hero, who occasionally acted as a beast.
>>
>>78449145
Who is Smythe? Spider-Slayer?
>>
File: The_Lizzard_by_TerminAitor.jpg (60 KB, 1024x699) Image search: [Google]
The_Lizzard_by_TerminAitor.jpg
60 KB, 1024x699
I want him to become a hero.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 913x927) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 913x927
I had this record when I was a small child

>records
>record players
>>
I like when Lizard is done as a evil scientist.
There was one issue I was really fond of where he fights Ben Reilly in the swamps and eventually gets trapped with a fallen tree on his arm as the water is rising. Ben can't move it cause Lizard brought a bunch of snakes to bite him so he is poisoned, he says that Connors doesn't have the arm that is stuck and the only way to get out before the water drowns him is to consciously revert to Connors and the Lizard is just pissed and prefers to die.
>>
>>78449322
Yeah Spencer Smythe is the original creator is the spider slayers.
His son Alistair their took over doing so when Spencer died of cancer. And turned himself biologically into the ultimate spider slayer.
In the tas Kingpin forced him into the transformation making it kinda tragic.
>>
>>78449370
Did Spider-Man borrow some Pym Particles?
>>
File: the_lizard_by_mikemahle-d580h8m.jpg (173 KB, 900x1115) Image search: [Google]
the_lizard_by_mikemahle-d580h8m.jpg
173 KB, 900x1115
I don't know how everyone else is reacting to the current thing going on with Conners/Lizard mind dynamic, but I actually like it quite a bit, and hope they new thing going on with him being blackmailed doesn't bite him in the ass too hard.
>>
>>78449145
Spider-man getting his groove on there in the top left.
>>
>>78449443
So, this is Alistar's father? I know of Alistar only from card game.
>>
>>78447313
Thanks doc
>>
>>78449504
No, in the animated series it's Alistair.
>>
>>78449452
No. But, inorite? He's fucking huge on the cover lol
>>
>>78449244
Basil Karlo (Clayface) and Quentin Beck (Mysterio) are also old friends, Beck did all of the speical effects on the first three Clayface movies (the originals) because he and Basil were turned into super villains. Now days they will occasionally get togeather and plan crime as one of the most dangerous super teams around.
>>
>>78447313
thanks doc
>>
>>78449537
Thanks for explaining. I may educate myself further later.
>>
>green lizard
>purple pants
>is a doctor
Daily Dose?
>>
>>78449576
Would still read. Any idea for other villains? Puma and Bronze Tiger team-up? Catwoman vs Black Cat heist-off?
>>
>>78449658
Selina Kyle was the 2nd most famous thief in the world next to her rvial, The Cat, Mr Hardy. After Hardy was murdered his 13 year old daughter Felicia tried to get revenge, but was captured and illigally sent to Roxxon's R&D department under project C.A.T (Clinically altered Tests). Selina was hired by Fisk Industries to break into Roxxon and steal all of their information and research. However Selina came across Felicia and recognized her as her rival's daughter. In that moment Selina decided to honor her fallen rival by rescuing, adopting and teaching his daughter everything she knew about being a thief. When Felicia turned 21 she moved back to New York to case after Spider-Man, having met him while he and Nightwing were teaming up protecting Gotham and developed a crush.
>>
>>78449658
Also, Joker fucking HATES Spidey because during their first encounter Spidey's quips made not only Joker's henchmen laugh, but made Harley laugh as well. When Spidey is around Joker is not fucking smiling.

Also, the chemical make up of Joker Toxin numbs Peter's Spider Sense, making it feel dull and weak. And since Joker is saturated in the stuff standing close to him has the same effect on the Spider Sense, this is how Joker was able to get the upper hand in their first encounter.
>>
>>78449810
Loving it, but I'd rather have them be similar age. I have my reasons.
>>78450018
Aw, I love that "Spidey is better at jokes than Joker and drives him crazy" twist.
Man, they'd all fit in rather well.
>>
>>78450187
Well, Selina is only 21 herself when she finds Felicia, so we can still have the cat on cat sexual tension, but I like the idea of Selina and Felicia having a sort of Master and student relationship, obviously that changes after Felicia leaves Gotham to chase Spidey through NYC
>>
>>78450601
Ah, for some reason I figured Selina was lot older.
Neat ideas anon.
>>
>>78449576

Sandman and Hydroman fucking hate Clayface.

With so much passion they transformed into the mud monster just to murder him more efficiently.
>>
>>78451119
Or they could be honorary members of Mud Pack, being able to combine into mud and all.
>>
>>78451066
Thank you, I'm keeping all of these ideas written down just in case I ever get hired by one of the big two to write for them.
>>78451119
Spider-Man and Nightwing are best of friends, when Peter was little Uncle Ben would take him to see the flying Graysons anytime they were performing nears Queens, Peter idolized Dick then because the young acrobat was no older than he was. Selina and Felicia talking about Spider-Man's butt is also the reason why Nightwing refuses to wear a cape.

Also, at one point Joker went missing and Harley found herself attracted to Carnage saying that his big toothy smile reminded her of Mr J. But after spending time with Cletus she found that she was actually terrified of him.
>>
>>78451253
>Thank you, I'm keeping all of these ideas written down just in case I ever get hired by one of the big two to write for them.
Try your hand at fanfics, meanwhile.
>>
>>78449145
Multy Joined Spider-Man, I have that.
>>
The Beetle and Firefly end up forming a bug based flying duo.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-23-25-22.png (1012 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-23-25-22.png
1012 KB, 1920x1080
>>78451806
I am, you know that anon who always pops up in symbiote threads talking about his fanscript? That's me.
>>
wasnt he a hero in secret wars, and wasn't there another hero who used to lizard serum?
>>
>>78453786
Mj, Betty and Carlie all got Lizard'ed up with the Hulk in the Spider-Island tie in, we also got Vamp Carol, Werewolf Cap and the Iron Goblin. Was a Doom tier tie in.
>>
>>78453786
komodo
>>
The Lizard is such a great villain. Interesting backstory/creation, simple but really effective design, and open to different interpretations on whether he's a mad scientist, genocidal monster, or a straight horror story creature. I hope he's eventually used in film again, and we get something closer to McFarlane's design.
>>
>>78453786
>>78453846
its kinda become a video game power up in the marvel universe now
>>
>>78447313
If he fucks his wife as the lizardman, will hey have lizard children?
>>
>>78451253
>Also, at one point Joker went missing and Harley found herself attracted to Carnage saying that his big toothy smile reminded her of Mr J. But after spending time with Cletus she found that she was actually terrified of him.

Gratuitous catfight with Shriek at some point.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.