[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would Batman be a Sith or a Jedi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: batman-comics-quote-2.jpg (749 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
batman-comics-quote-2.jpg
749 KB, 1600x1000
Would Batman be a Sith or a Jedi?
>>
Neither. He wouldn't even be Force sensitive to begin with.
>>
Not a Sith.
They work with anger primarily, Batman uses fear.
>>
>>78440155

Neither cause he isn't a nerd
>>
He would be more like a bounty hunter.
>>
>>78440155
Batman will be a Jedi who uses and relies on brutal Sith-like aggression in battle like Mace Windu. blue+red=purple
>>
>>78440211
except he is.
>>
>>78440155
The Sith are selfish. They only think of themselves. The Jedi are selfless. They only think of others.
>>
>>78440211
Yeah you're right, he's a furfag which is even worse.
>>
>>78440555
>swallowing Jedi propaganda

WAKE UP SHEEPLE
>>
>>78440622

At-least, You know that a Jedi wouldn't cuck you like a sith.
>>
>>78440155
He would be an AgriCorp faggot.
>>
>>78440155
Would Aquaman be able to control the Gungans? I mean, god knows they're retarded versions of Atlantians with none of the powers.
If not, how long would Aquaman try to convince himself that they're worth keeping alive before holocausting that ghetto-ass part of Naboo?
>>
>>78440155
Didn't you just post this on reddit?
>>
>>78441037

No, but I did just see it posted there. 4chan so far has given more enlightening responses.
>>
>>78440155
Yes
>>
>>78440155
Odds are he would create a new force tradition once he found the Jedi and Sith teachings lacking
>>
>>78441266
So Gray Jedi confirmed
>>
I don't think you just magically gain midi-chlorians by entering the Star Wars universe, but whatever. It does present an interesting hypothetical though: Say you dropped Batman into the Star Wars Universe, maybe like 10 years before Episode IV starts up, maybe somewhere on Nar Shadaa, or another planet riddled with crime. How would he do? Assuming he was familiar enough with Star Wars to understand what was going on, would he try to fight the Empire?
>>
>>78441836
Gray Jedi are for special snowflake faggots who think they're above "Light" and "Dark" bullshit.
>>
he'd be a smuggler.

like han and chewie but a thousand times less cool
>>
File: Adam_West_as_Batman.jpg (296 KB, 1057x1376) Image search: [Google]
Adam_West_as_Batman.jpg
296 KB, 1057x1376
Batman would be an upstanding Jedi, upholding both the Jedi code and the applicable laws and regulations of the planet and provenience where he is currently operating, unless such laws are oppressive and unjust
>>
>>78440234
He actually has a purple light saber because he wanted to stand out
>>
He would align himself with the Jedi, but if someone with his issues were force sensitive, they'd on the fast track to hate lightning within a week. Chances are he'd become what the galaxy would recognize as a sith, albeit one who was violently hostile to all the rest (moreso than sith typically are). Him and Revan would get along swimmingly.

DARTH BANE, I'M IMPERIAL INTELLIGENCE
>>
>>78440210
but fear leads to anger
>>
File: 3582309-batman+yl.png (2 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
3582309-batman+yl.png
2 MB, 1280x800
>>
>>78440155
Depends which Batman we are dealing with and who writes him I guess.
>>
>>78441920
NERRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD
>>
>becomes jedi
>uses morally grey tactics
>allies question his actions because they seem dark side
>many of the victories he gains are condemned because he broke some rules
>many disagreements with jedi later, he realizes that his effectiveness is limited by jedi code
after this, a few things can happen.
possibility 1:
>batman realizes he must leave the jedi to bring order to the galaxy
>he gives into the dark side and gains some followers as a sith
>tries to take control of the galaxy
>increasingly corrupted by the dark side
>gets wrecked by jedi clark
possibility 2:
>batman stays jedi
>constant effort to keep his dark urges under control, paranoid that one day he'll cross some moral boundary and become sith
>upholds certain rules to the point of irrationality
>jedi only like to contact him in emergencies
>>
>>78441920
Fuck midichlorians. I could somehow have accepted them as parasites that feed selectively on force-sensitive people as a means of diagnosing potential Jedi candidates. (They still kill the mystical aspect of the Force, but whatever)

But them being the actual CAUSE of force-sensitivity? Lucas is a fucking hack and all prequel canon is bullshit and I refuse to accept it.

Fuck I'm still butthurt about the prequels.
>>
>>78440155
>Would Batman be a Sith or a Jedi?
Batman isn't crazy OR stupid, so he'd be neither.
>>
>>78442207
Your possibility one is just replacing Revan with Batman and Malak with Clark
>>
>>78440155
Probably a Grey Jedi, like Qui Gonn. He wouldn't kill anything but he wouldn't subscribe to the Jedi code completely.
>>
Batman has no powers beyond high intelligence and peak level human performance. He's Han Solo.
>>
>>78443377
But they're not the cause of force sensitivity.
>>
>>78443896

>Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of the Force.

Quoted straight from fucking Phantom Menace.
>>
>>78443912
Yes, they tell you how attuned someone is to the Force. They don't actually cause force sensitivity, they're just a way of knowing someone's level of force sensitivity.
>>
>>78443932

Which part of "we would have no knowledge of the Force", and "telling us the will of the Force" don't you understand?

It's pretty fucking clearly implied that they are not only the evidence of force-sensitivity but actually function as a symbiotic pseudo-organ that conveys information about the Force, thus allowing to "sense" it.
>>
>>78443850
han is dumb and not especially athletic.
>>
>>78441920
You have to remember as a character he has the power of plot armor because of this no matter what shit hole you left him he would come to run it. Eventually after the comic writer shoe horns nearly every famous star wars character into brief one panel cameos and milks every batman trope we would have Batman running the galaxy. The final page would be him soloing Darth Vader in a nerdgasam battle and then dethroning Sidious. The last panel would be him decommissioning the Death Star saving Alderaan and side stepping the whole story.
>>
>>78443968
if it weren't for the MDC's, they wouldn't have knowledge of the force, just a bunch of vague notions too hard to prove or disprove to be called knowledge
>>
>>78440155
Considering how much he deals in absolutes.
>>
>>78444063
Being able to push droids around and lift a fucking fighter out of a swamp is not somethig I would call vague or hard to prove.
>>
>>78444019
Han isn't a genius but he is cunning and mechanically inclined.
>>
>>78441924
So Batman
>>
Batman would be more of a bounty-hunter or whatever the Star Wars equivalent to a "crime fighter" is...

Isn't there canonically "dark Jedi"? Too dark to be a full Jedi; but also not yet considered a full on Sith?

I mean, the guy distributes his own vigilante justice outside of the law; but he also works WITH law enforcement.
>>
Batman would be a non force-sensitive bounty hunter assassin with a shitton of equipment for dealing with jedi.
>>
Jedi, since it probably has the same principles as most martial arts
>discipline
>self control
>meditation
>balance
>not giving in into anger and fear
all that mumbo jumbo
>>
File: image.jpg (275 KB, 625x950) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275 KB, 625x950
>>78440155
Batman is able to effectively control his emotions, so I imagine he'd be a Jedi.

I'll tell you who WOULD probably be a Sith though.
>>
>>78445453
Guy would be a far more fun Sith

Mostly because Hal is devoid of personality besides brain damage and his space S&M games with Sinestro
>>
>>78445752
I think it was an Emerald Twilight dig.
>>
>>78440155
He'd be a Jedi Guardian with a combat emphasis, who rocked spooky black robes and used a red lightsaber to look like something people should fear.
>>
>>78440155
>And deep down I'm not (a good person)
What a baby.
>>
File: Recycle picture.jpg (108 KB, 486x636) Image search: [Google]
Recycle picture.jpg
108 KB, 486x636
>>78445752

Guy gardner is one of those guys that experiment with the dark side. But, He is still loyal to the light side of the force.

Hal Jordan is just a fucking jerk compare to Guy Gardner.
>>
>>78442207
2 makes more sense. If 1 happened, he'd most likely just become a bounty hunter.
People don't seem to realise that you don't HAVE to be a Jedi or Sith if you're a force user, it's just incredibly hard to avoid.
>>
>>78441955
He has a purple light saber because he's Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson.
>>
>>78442207
Revan could be similar, he joined the Sith and became their lord but used their power to actually have the republic get stronger.

You could also be a Gray Jedi if you don't want to follow their doctrine.
>>
>>78441955
>>78446616
Thats the real reason for the purple lightsaber, Samuel L. Jackson wanted to be able to spot himself during large Jedi fights and he loves purple. >>78440234 is the lore explanation for purple lightsaber.

I think Mace Windu created his own form of lightsaber duel style that used some Sith elements and is a rather aggressive fighting style. This is why Mace has no problem just chopping someone's head off rather than disarming his opponent like most Jedis.
>>
>>78440155

Depends on the writer. Sometimes he's an emotionally absent justice machine. Sometimes he's an angry and passionate bringer of vengeance.

>Jedi = Justice
>Sith = Vengeance

Knowing Batman he'd be both. And I'm okay with that.
>>
>>78446508
Yeah, that's about right. Guy is too stubborn to go Sith.

I bet he'd join up with the Alliance after Order 66.
>>
File: lightsith.png (308 KB, 400x464) Image search: [Google]
lightsith.png
308 KB, 400x464
>>78449294
LIGHT SITH!

Or...Dark Jedi.
>>
Batman runs on fear and anger...
>>
>>78445752
Guy would probably be one of those rogue Jedi who just sorta go off and do their own thing, like Quinlan Vos or Rahm Kota
>>
>>78450269
Beware the wrath of the low calorie Sith!
>>
File: Mandalorians_led_by_Boba_Fett.jpg (1 MB, 1212x1643) Image search: [Google]
Mandalorians_led_by_Boba_Fett.jpg
1 MB, 1212x1643
>Gadgets
>Martial Training
>The Ability to Successfully Punch above his Weight Class

Batman is a Mandalorian bruh
>>
>>78440155
As a jedi, he would never be able to use his methods as they are. Brutality, intimidation, fear, and in many ways even stealth, are all lost to him if he is representing the Jedi code

As a Sith, he is free to use all of these. But Sith aren't just brutal, they are empowered by their brutality. To reach any amount of power Batman will have to use this. As a Sith, he will be required to kill. Either his master will command him to, or, if studying independently, he will eventually be overcome by the power of the Dark side and take it out on someone.

He'll probably go Sith, thinking he can control it, and slowly but surely give in to the power.
>>
Since Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars - it seems fitting that we should talk about if they merged universes. Not DC.

The real questions are:

>Would the Hulk be a Sith?
>What Force powers would Spider-Man have?
>How many lightsabers would Ironman put in his suit?
Etc.
>>
File: luke skywalker hand.jpg (257 KB, 1417x816) Image search: [Google]
luke skywalker hand.jpg
257 KB, 1417x816
>>78447300
>disarming like most Jedi
kek
>>
I feel like batman would not be force sensitive at all, but would be on the jedi council anyway. He would probably push for more aggressive solutions, but would only wield a training saber. Instead of normal robes he would probably wear some type of cortosis armor.
>>
>>78440211
>he isn't a nerd
he knew who sailor mars was
he was a nerd
>>
>>78454042

>he knew who sailor mars was

When was this?
>>
>>78452107

Darth was Sith so it's ok for him.
>>
>>78442001
And anger leads to hate, or so I hear.
>>
>>78444087
That's actually exactly what I'd call vague and hard to prove, especially if you couldn't explain how you were able to do that.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.