[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which version of Deathstroke/Slade do you prefer? The "normie",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Slade.jpg (50 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Slade.jpg
50 KB, 720x540
Which version of Deathstroke/Slade do you prefer? The "normie", mercenary version, or the ultra-creepy scheming one?

I know they're supposed to be incarnations of the shame character, but they're so wildly different, they may as well be considered separate villains imo.
>>
>>78431781
Mercenary Slade is a more human and developed character, so I tend to prefer him. TT had a very creepy villain, but he wasn't really Slade Wilson, and without the creepiness and mystique, he's rather shallow otherwise.

Though there are times where both characterizations have been merged. Arrow Slade was great, if only for Manu's performance. Beware the Batman also had a good merge of them, even his motivation was a bit whiny.
>>
>>78431781
>normie
Out.
>>
>>78431781
Mercenary but he's been jobbing too much in cross media.
>>
>>78431781
Both are good
>>
>>78431781
Wolfman version.
>>
>>78431781
The TT Deathstroke was a bit too "Dr. Claw" for me. Deathstroke isn't supposed to be the guy hiding behind the computer screen diabolically wringing his hands as his henchmen carry out his machinations. Deathstroke is the guy you hire to do the dirty work.

I mean, he isn't a dumb henchman, either. He's a smart strategist and mercenary that you hire for his expertise and competence, not just to lift things and carry out your plan.
>>
>>78432059
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH7n_koR8tc
>>
>>78432019
You never read original Teen Titans comic that created Deathstroke, did you.
>>
The actual Deathstroke especially now apparent in the New 52 is literally just a generic mercenary trying to make money off what he's been trained to do: kill people.

Slade from the original Teen Titans show doesn't even act like Deathstroke. He doesn't give a shit about money since he clearly has unlimited amounts of it

His only ambition is to raise Robin like a son

This is what I loved about the show. Don't mention Slade when Robin is around or he overreacts. The only other time a Robin would take a personal seething hatred toward Deathstroke was Damien Wayne

The worst Robin...
>>
>>78432641
>The actual Deathstroke especially now apparent in the New 52 is literally just a generic mercenary trying to make money off what he's been trained to do: kill people.

See >>78432564
>>
>>78432889

GENERIC MERCENARY

Deathstroke only gives a fuck about money.

Show me something he gave a shit about that wasn't something monetary
>>
>>78431781
>"normie"
Fuck off.
>>
>>78432917
His daughter.
>>
>>78432956

Retconned.
>>
>>78431781
I really enjoyed how Manu portrayed him.

I'll tell you what Slade Wilson I hated, thought.
Arkham Knight's.
Because when I want Slade in my story, I don't want him as a "voice in my ear" character only, until I beat him in a tank battle.

Two of the greatest hand-to-hand fighters in the DC universe, and they meet in a fucking tank battle....
>>
>>78432917
Deathstroke originally pursued the Teen Titans to avenge his son's death.
>>
>>78433034
Everything pre-New 52 is retconned, so that point is null.
>>
The one that isn't a whiny obnoxious bitch.
>>
>>78431781
Only good thing about TT Slade was Perlman. The inexplicable robot minions bullshit was absolutely retarded. Manu Deathstroke wasn't perfect, but he was far more entertaining and more in line with his comic book version.
>>
>>78434015
Jericho was a dick though
>>
Slade from TT
>>
>>78439733
wasnt one version of him a teen titan?
did he become less of a dick?
>>
>>78432641
>worst Robin
What does Stephanie have to do with this?
>>
>>78439733
His other son, Grant, the original Ravager
>>
>>78431781
I liked Arrow Deathstroke much more as an anti-hero corrupted by the super drug mainly because I like the actor

Slade was ok for a villain though.

Fuck that jobber shit though we're seeing now.
>>
I thought Beware the Batman did him well. He's still just a mercenary, but his personality and demeanor were very good, and he was still very much a schemer.
>>
>>78432529
sometimes you hire him to tell your mooks what to do and sit behind a computer screen and do machinations
he's probably slightly cheaper that way
>>
File: hannibal chau thumbs up.png (275 KB, 446x390) Image search: [Google]
hannibal chau thumbs up.png
275 KB, 446x390
>>78431781

whoever Ron Perlman voices.
>>
>>78431781
The one that is actually american and a competent villain
is the best
Deathstroke is a shitty character who gets beaten by teenagers
Not some crazy Australian
>>
>>78431781
So, you're asking us to CHOOOOOOOOOOSE
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.