[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So was he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: Ultron_Empire_textless.jpg (95 KB, 640x793) Image search: [Google]
Ultron_Empire_textless.jpg
95 KB, 640x793
So was he right?
>>
If those fucking shitty directors just went with the fucking plan, Whedon wouldn't have had to drastically rewrite the entire script all over again

There has never once been a continuity where Hydra had anything to do with Ultron and how Hydra being the ploy to convince Tony to build him was contrived and stupid

How hard was it to just appoint Ant-Man? Because Ant-Man went through 4 screen rewrites WHICH ALSO RELATE TO HYDRA JUST BEING THERE
>>
Kill everyone to save the world? No. No he was not.
>>
About what?

Humanity needing a disaster to improve? I mean, I can see how he came to that conclusion, but in a meta sense we know the Avengers are gonna save the world without resorting to genocide.
>>
>>78419161

I feel so sorry for the incompetent bastard I'll say he's right. But he wasn't.
>>
File: 420 upgrade it.jpg (165 KB, 1048x628) Image search: [Google]
420 upgrade it.jpg
165 KB, 1048x628
I was so disappointed Whedon didn't give us the ending with his head in the dirt or something.

It would be crazy if they tried Conquest.
>>
>>78419198
For one, being like the comics has nothing to do with the quality of the movie.

For another, HYDRA wasn't involved in MCU Ultron's creation other than him using their robots as his drones. Tony just tried to do what they did and actually succeeded.

Thirdly, Ant-Man was tied up in a movie that Marvel had a lot of confidence in until the director up and left, and by then the next Avengers movie was already well under production. Tony created Ultron instead of Pym because Ultron loses a TON of impact if he's not created by an established hero.
>>
>>78419213
No, look at it from his perspective. He sees humans as bad for Earth and to protect the Earth he needs to "evolve" by doing mass genocide to protect the planet and to be inhabited by his kind.
>>
>>78419240
That's a very spooky design.
>>
>>78419279
No, he wanted humanity to become stronger to defend itself from aliums, until his super body got stolen and all his friends abandoned him, at which point he said "Fuck it" and decided to just kill everyone out of contempt.

It wouldn't make sense to protect a lifeless rock.
>>
>>78419260
>Tony created Ultron instead of Pym because Ultron loses a TON of impact if he's not created by an established hero.
I still think this is bullshit because Ultron wasn't known to be made from a hero in the comics originally and it wasn't until later that they found out Pym made him. If they just did a film about Ultron being a huge threat (and slink off into the night after being defeated only to rebuild himself better) and let his origin play out elsewhere it would've been a better movie.
>>
>>78419311
wtf I don't remember that part about the aliens
>>
>>78419198

It's why I won't ever forgive Edgar Write. MCU Hank Pym even turned out to be fucking awesome. Ultron being made by the bitter, disillusioned hermit Pym would even have made much, much more sense.

Hell, it could of been his "My robot is better than Starks, I hate the Starks" and then Ultron hijacked Stark's tech and forcing Pym to actually work with him and the Avengers.

That could of happened and then Ant-Man could of been a prequel even though it came out later.

>>78419240

Yeah I liked how they did it in Rage of Ultron where they tricked him to being jettisoned off into space. I would of liked an ending like that and then Ultron ends up in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The Kali Yuga, six armed space demon Ultron.
>>
>>78419336
He's built from Tony's desire to make Earth able to defend itself, and Ultron explains it a few times. He wants humanity to become stronger so that it can defend itself.

>>78419321
>I still think this is bullshit because Ultron wasn't known to be made from a hero in the comics originally and it wasn't until later that they found out Pym made him.
He wasn't very interesting during that time, though. He was just a generic evil robot.
>>
>>78419370
So he wants humanity to become stronger by wiping them out?

I havent seen the movie in a while
>>
One of my problems with the movie was that it felt like they were trying to make Ultron creepy and threatening, but the things they did to make him creepy made him less threatening and the things they did to make him threatening made him less creepy.
>>
>>78419449
Not wiping them out, just creating a big enough disaster to force them to adapt.

Until after he loses the twins and his Vision body. Then it's just "Fuck you guys everybody die!"
>>
>>78419468
Thanks for clearing that up man. I need to watch AoU a second time.
>>
>>78419468
>Until after he loses the twins and his Vision body. Then it's just "Fuck you guys everybody die!"
Yeah, that was one of the things I actually found cool and interesting about AoU. The fact that they sort of turned him into more of a villain by their actions throughout the movie. I mean, he wanted to kill large amounts of people in the beginning, but it was about stagnation and what he saw as a dead end. By the end, he was essentially the humanity-hating ragebot he was in the comics (although he still snarked too much).
>>
Someone please make a parody of the Gaston song from Beauty and the Beast with Ultron instead

"When I was a file I used 4 million gigs every second to help me get large, and now I'm evolved and use 5 million gigs to fight Tony Stark on a baaaaaarge!"
>>
>>78419311
His friends left BECAUSE his mind said "kill everything".
>>
>>78419799
No, they saw "Kill a lot".
>>
File: Ultron Lounging.jpg (244 KB, 792x1224) Image search: [Google]
Ultron Lounging.jpg
244 KB, 792x1224
Whose decision was it to make it so that Ultron himself was never actually a threat to any of the Avengers save maybe Black Widow / Hawkeye / Cap? The only reason the Avengers were really needed to combat him was for logistical reasons (can't be everywhere at once), but Thor, Hulk, or Vision by themselves could have beaten the ass of any of his incarnations.

I'm really looking forward to Thanos, because after Loki and Ultron it would be nice to have an Avengers movie where the villain is actually powerful enough to not be punked by the Hulk.
>>
>>78419341
Edgar Wright is a great director, but goddamn, he fucked up by not wanting to be "rushed" with AntMan.
>>
>>78419998
The problem with a team as varied in strength as the Avengers is that a single opponent is either going to be vulnerable to Hulk/Thor or strong to the point that half the team is utterly worthless.

It's why putting them up against groups of enemies is popular.
>>
>>78420044

I get that, but I thought that was kind of the point of a foe like Ultron: he could have a body capable of giving each "tier" of avengers a good fight, and they would all still be "him" rather than just a bunch of mooks. I mean, Ultron didn't even think to create a body capable of going toe-to-toe with Hulk, let alone Thor. Tony's Hulkbuster floundered a bit, but at least he prepared for that eventuality.
>>
>>78420090
>I mean, Ultron didn't even think to create a body capable of going toe-to-toe with Hulk, let alone Thor.
He did, but the Avengers stole it and turned it against him.
>>
>>78420090
>Ultron didn't even think to create a body capable of going toe-to-toe with Hulk
that's what Vision was for. Vision could potentially solo the whole team if he played dirty and aimed to kill. Vision was the best possible body Ultron could make for himself given the resources available on Earth.
>>
>>78420138

Redundancy redundancy redundancy. Always have a backup plan. You'd think a robot wouldn't have put all of his eggs in one basket.
>>
>>78420165
His backup plan was the Vibranium-plated body he used in the finale (which seemed to be at least Hulkbuster-tier). Second-best wasn't good enough.
>>
>>78420184

What a waste. As far as Marvel villains go, Ultron was one of the better ones. The character itself was fine (I don't really mind his quipping; it's when characters like Cap start excessively quipping that I start rolling my eyes), but the execution of the plot just left me wanting something more.
>>
>>78419161
Yes. Were're doomed to more Capeshit movies within this decade
>>
>>78420037
In Wright's defense, wasn't it that he wanted to get World's End done with a terminally ill friend before he died?

But he should've let go of Ant-Man way sooner or never been involved in the first place, from the sound of how shit his version would've been.
>>
File: 1418228156215.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>78419161
>hurr must destroy the world to save it

When Quiptron got into the internet he must have fallen in love with the most boring villain motivation ever and decided to copy it
>>
How do you think Whedon feels when his movie was upstaged by a movie that lost its director and got the director of Bring It On to finish it
>>
File: loki.jpg (57 KB, 518x791) Image search: [Google]
loki.jpg
57 KB, 518x791
>>78419998
Loki should have been made stronger, sure he's not Thor but he's supposed to be the closest thing to him in the MCU so far

I mean the guy barely fought or used any magic other than shitty illusions
>>
I don't care what /co/ says Ultron was a great fucking movie.
>>
Yes.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.