[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is humanity being scared shitless of the Justice League a recurring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: JLA-AlexRoss.jpg (40 KB, 499x318) Image search: [Google]
JLA-AlexRoss.jpg
40 KB, 499x318
Is humanity being scared shitless of the Justice League a recurring theme in the comics?
I've been watching DC's animated shows and it has been brought up multiple times.
I mean, it absolutely makes sense but it wasn't something I thought about before.
>>
>>78413955
try reading some.
>>
>>78413989
No, thank you. I only read comics when people story time them here.
>>
Much like the show, when people are afraid of the Justice League it's because to the efforts of people who the League's existence threatens their paychecks.
>>
>>78413955
>Is humanity being scared shitless of the Justice League a recurring theme in the comics?
no
>>
>>78414019
Then fuck off.
>>
>>78414019
I only seriously respond to posters when they're not complete faggots ;^)
>>
>>78414320
No.
>>
>>78413955
No. When the DC/Marvel crossover happened, the Avengers were amazed that the people actually liked the Justice League
>>
>>78414329
>only reading storytimed comics
Yeah, he's the faggot.
>>
The civilians usually have high opinions of the heroes, but the government is very worried about Superman.

Come to think of it, the few times that Superman has been chummy with the government was in Dark Knight Returns, when Clinton endorsed Cyborg Superman as the genuine one, and President Superman Calvin Ellis.
So two out of three.
>>
>there are people that unironically read comics
what are you, 12?
>>
File: Superman is Pissed.jpg (77 KB, 1189x671) Image search: [Google]
Superman is Pissed.jpg
77 KB, 1189x671
>>78413955

In DC, there's obviously still paranoia and fear towards the JL and other Superhumans.

The reason why they don't just attack them is mainly because of Superman.

Not counting the fact that he's the most popular, inspirational, and well-liked Superhero on the Planet - he's also one of the most powerful.

You attack Superman out of fear - you turn global opinion against yourself. Supes is like an M.A.D. in and of himself, has he could fuck over the Planet numerous times if he wanted.

As for Marvel - their world is a mess.
>>
>>78415125
Ho /tv/! :DDD
>>
Sometimes, but it's not an ever-present thing. The fact that it shows up so much in the animated stuff is mostly just Bruce Timm being interested in the theme and wearing it out. I'm not even really sure that he likes DC outside of Batman and the New Gods at this point.
>>
>>78415167

Pre-New 52 at least the main reason why the DCU tolerated and respected superheroes so much was because they had been around for so long. The JSA did a LOT to cement the idea of costumed people with superpowers as being positive forces for the world and heroes for the everyday civilian.
>>
>>78415213
I think he has a fondness for Green Lantern too
>>
>>78414019
Then fuck off casual
>>
>>78414019
Fuck off
>>
>>78414351
Somebody post that page, it's really funny.
>>
>>78414351
>quicksilver jealous over the Flash museum
>>
>>78415237
But they were hunted down like dogs the moment WW2 ended and they didn't have any use for them(which is what happened with the comics irl)
>>
>>78415872

They got fucked over by the HUAC during the McCarthy Red Scare because they refused to unmask.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.