[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not even a Peanuts fan but why is this movie so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I'm not even a Peanuts fan but why is this movie so good?
>>
>>78402007
because you didn't really watch it?
>>
>>78402011
I watched it and thought it was really good.
What don't you like about it anon?
>>
I'm not really a peanuts fan too when i watched this movie, but i think they totally nailed the spirit from the original shorts, every characters have their own charm and unique personality, makes me enjoyed this movie more, even though the story was very simple.
>>
>>78402215
Yeah, it's all classic Peanuts tropes, but the execution is just wonderful. Also happy they let Chuck win and give the overall franchise a sense of closure in certain regards despite it being basically a reboot.
>>
Needed more of Patty's feet.
>>
>>78402315
Patty had a really cute voice in this movie
>>
I liked the movie but if you think it's good you should check out the earliest Peanuts stuff (the first decade of the strip or so). The early stuff had a more grounded feel and delved much farther into dark humor and frank discussion of subjects like depression (which Schulz suffered from, Charlie Brown is basically his self-insert) than you would ever expect from a 50s comic strip that's supposedly for children. The strip never went bad, but with popularity it became a more digestible, mass marketable thing, and from the late 70s on it seems like Schulz was basically running in autopilot (with more than occasional hints of his genius sprinkled in). If it's not the greatest strip of all time than it's #2 behind Calvin & Hobbes, there's really no contest.
>>
The movie was good but I wish it were a little more low-kew. I think they went for slapstick gags a little too often, which I realize has always been part of the franchise but it's been in the form of static drawings or extremely limited animation, giving it a stiltedness that makes it feel less wacky. Here it's pulled off more professionally, but as a result it feels much more traditionally "cartoony", which is not really how I think of the Peanuts. Of course, if I had my way it'd be slow-paced and mostly dialogue, which young kids probably wouldn't like that much.
>>
>>78402007
With these smiles, I'm almost sure they're just waiting that Chuck trips and falls terribly.
>>
On one hand it's nice to see Chuck finally win after all this time but on the other it totally feels like it could be a studio-mandated, focus group driven happy ending. Thematically I actually think it works but given the big-budget nature of the preceedings I can't help but be cynical and suspect that the choice wasn't made for creative reasons.
>>
>>78402007
i don't know weather to punch lucy or fall in love
>>
>>78402914
They didn't make this with sequels in mind so it had to have both Greatest Hits and some kind of closure for the comic/universe.
>>
>>78402007
Because holy shit you are a faggot?
>>
>>78402472
>If it's not the greatest strip of all time than it's #2 behind Calvin & Hobbes, there's really no contest.
Krazy Kat and Peanuts share the first top two spots. C&H might be in the top 20.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.