[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Fuck you I liked it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 61224701-662x990.jpg (111 KB, 662x990) Image search: [Google]
61224701-662x990.jpg
111 KB, 662x990
Christmas edition
>>
>>78395553
I was watching Cat in the Hat and I don't get why it's hated so bad
Yeah the CG is goofy and weird, but it's hard to translate Seuss' stuff into a Live Action movie

It was charming and I'd probably watch it again with friends on a "bad movie" night
>>
>>78397134
Because it's literally Austin Powers in a fursuit.

There are too many raunchy jokes and they're not even subtle about it. This is supposed to be a movie based off Dr. Seuss and it's full of vulgar humor.
>>
>>78395553
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8m6M4RV8p0
>>
>>78397170
I assume that would be so that kids and adults can enjoy it
I guess they were tending to too many fields to get both audiences, but as a manchild, it's perfect for me
>>
>>78397134
>it's hard to translate Seuss' stuff into a Live Action movie
Which is why you shouldn't do it. It's not necessarily off-limits, but it's like making an animated movie that has nothing that couldn't easily be done in live action. There's just no real reason when the other medium suits it better.
>>
>>78395553
yep, me too.
>>
This show is like fifty percent claymation so I'm assuming it's /co/ enough. I really love this one, especially the gag that Pee Wee has two people basically working as slaves to do his Christmas cards for him.
>>
File: Pee-wee-and-Santa.jpg (128 KB, 450x275) Image search: [Google]
Pee-wee-and-Santa.jpg
128 KB, 450x275
>>78397270
Sorry forgot my image.
>>
I love this movie.

Its a little long, and some of the story additions are really unnecessary, but this is about as good a Seuss live action adaptation is gonna get.
>>
File: frosty-the-snowman-returns.jpg (140 KB, 584x876) Image search: [Google]
frosty-the-snowman-returns.jpg
140 KB, 584x876
>>
File: 44-polar-express.jpg (62 KB, 392x330) Image search: [Google]
44-polar-express.jpg
62 KB, 392x330
>>78395553
Granted, I disliked it.. but I can think of worse (those eyes)...
>>
>>78397195
The thing is they overdid it. There was too much raunchy crap, LOLRANDUM "jokes" and grossout moments in the movie with little in between.
People don't hate it because of the CG, they hate it because of the writing.

It was bad enough that Dr. Seuss' widow loathed it and refuses to let there be anymore live action adaptations.
>>
>>78397364
Wait, The Polar Express is disliked? I thought it was a very rare example of a Christmas special that uses Santa without being overly cliche or cheesy about it. I usually end up watching it just about every year when it happens to be on TV.
>>
>>78397414
Yet allowed the immensely worse Lorax
>>
>>78395553
>>78397134
>>78397170

Considering that majority of Seuss adaptations were very toned down animated features (not a lot of adhd-level movement), the two live action adaptations are in complete contrast to that. There is almost too much energy (compare cartoon grinch to jim carey grinch), that it becomes almost nauseating. The humor is definitely half-baked shrek material at its best. With these two things, I understand why so many people fucking despise these movies.

The carey grinch movie sucks because its a shitty plot probably plagiarized from a future zombie Simpsons script where Lisa (cindy lou-who) is upset with her town's consumerism and encounters Mr. Burns (The Grinch) who hates the town and all its denizens for being a nuisance and makes him and the town see the error of their ways.

>Also this song
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVMaG_n2Z7M
>>
>>78397314
"IF YOU SO MUCH AS UTTER ONE SYLLABLE, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!
...press 5 if you wish to send a fax. "
>>
File: Seussical-cast.jpg (182 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Seussical-cast.jpg
182 KB, 1024x683
>>78397314
Anon, the live action adaptation Seussical the Musical is clearly better
>>
>>78397476

Of course I could bump the self loathing to 9 and still have time to lay in bed and stare into the abyss....

BUT WHAT WOULD I WEAR?!?

>>78397505

Okay, live action movie.
>>
>>78395553
>>>/tv/
>>
>>78397449
>this song could have made it the GOAT environmental awareness movie
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw
>>
>>78397598
Dr. Seuss is /co/
>>
>>78397449
The Lorax wasn't BAD bad, it was just a really safe CG kids' movie that downplayed the wistfulness and somberness of the original Seuss book. The book made kids think a little about overusing resources, if just for a second; the movie is the kind of thing you'd throw in their faces to get them to shut up on a plane ride.
>>
>>78397364
>>78397430
>The Polar Express
I thought it was charming. The random hot chocolate delivery sequence deserves more love.
>>
>>78395553
>I believe I'm here to accept some sort of... reward
>and the child.... mentioned a check?
>>
>>78397807

No I didn't...
>>
>>78397364
I thought the Polar Express was good, granted they used motion capture 11 years ago when it was made and didn't look so great. I kept thinking to myself lots of shots where the characters just stare blankly at each other should have emotion. But there's a lot of really nice, atmospheric shots like the wolves running and it stuck well to what the book was
>>
>>78397896

I loved the movie, but I am still haunted by the Aerosmith elves... brrr...
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.