[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Titans Hunt #3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 25
Dick, Donna and Garth. Roy and Gnarrk. Mal and Karen. Lilith. Hawk and Dove. It's all coming together.
>>
>>78392255
>>
>>78392273
>>
>>78392290
Can I just say Donna is really hot in this series. That's a good thing, she's supposed to be. Also find the "man-child" think kinda off-putting, but hopefully the classic Dick/Donna friendship makes it's way back.
>>
>>78392331
>>
>>78392353
>>
>>78392368
Well shit. Classic villain. Being threatening again. Cool.
>>
>>78392444
>>
>>78392459
>>
>>78392475
>>
>>78392498
>Hatton Corners
Abnett really does know what he's doing.
>>
>>78392526
>>
wait what's the premise of this comic and is it good?
>>
>>78392545
>>
File: dick sucking.jpg (58 KB, 450x540) Image search: [Google]
dick sucking.jpg
58 KB, 450x540
>>78392526
>magic clone of Wonder Woman weaker than Aquaman knock-off

>>78392459
>magic clone of 6'0'' shorter than 5'9'' Dick
>>
>>78392563
Who is the black guy?
>>
still no wally huh
>>
>>78392665
mal duncan/herald
>>
>>78392563

>>78392562
Hey remember the Teen Titans? NO, not the one with Tim and Red Robin and all that shit. And no, not the Titans post-Young Justice and Graduation Day. I'm not even talking about Nightwing and the New Teen Titans.

I'm talking the Titans from the 60's. I'm talking the original Titans. I'm talking when Dick was still Robin, and along with Speedy, Garth, and Wonder Girl, founded the name (also Wally, but between the CW series and the DCEU movies, DC just can't really do much).

This book is about bringing back that group into the current continuity, in a big way. What if the reason the original Titans were never a thing, was actually because they once were but their memories and memories of them were erased? What happens when that same threat comes back and they come together again?

It's a nice treat to long time DC fans, while also being a way to reintegrate the relationships that were so prevalent before the reboot. Dick and Donna, and how about Roy and even Garth? They matter, and that's what this is about.
>>
>>78392498
Haha, Dick's acting like a little scared pansy in this.
>>
>>78392760
nice. Personally wanted to see Johns' reintroduction of garth in aquaman as the boy with the eyes that will bring about the fall of atlantis but this sounds nice
>>
>>78392608
Yeah it's kinda off putting but hey be glad she's written by this man and not the Finches.
>>
>>78392562
Oh right, yeah it's good. Forgot to mention that.

>>78392608
I think the idea is that they're in the same wheelhouse, but Donna is a better fighter even if Garth is a little stronger. It's like the differences they're making between Dick and Roy. Dick leads, he's smart and capable. Roy is also incredibly capable, with his reflexes and skills. It's not a big deal, just something you have to live with when you put characters with similar skills and powers on the same team.

Also considering they made Starfire shorter than Dick as well, I don't think DC is all that concerned with keeping their females super tall anymore. Also Dick is 5'10".

>>78392760
I wonder what his tattoos are supposed to mean?
>>
>>78392608
She isn't a clone of WW.
>>
>>78392874
Nothing like an old friend you don't remember pointing an arrow right at your chest? Best kind of greeting ever.
>>
>>78392924

>>78392882
She is canonically, as of the Finches' WW, until TH retcons her as just her sister and the first Wonder Girl, that is.
>>
>>78392874
>I wonder what his tattoos are supposed to mean?
Probably some made up crap so they can get rid of the. Like they disappear when he remembers his past or something.
>>
>>78392968
He caught it. Nice.

>>78392832
Looking forward to SS. Also, notice Abnett is going to be writing Aquaman, seemingly right before the big SS crossover arc? And that Abnett is also writing TH which features Garth as a main character?
>>
>>78392968
She's made from clay, magic, and from an infant. She isn't really a clone of WW.
>>
>>78393035

>>78393047
This is what I get for not actually reading the run and just hearing about it.
>>
>>78393084
>>
>>78393132
...That must be some crazy magic music.
>>
>>78393152
Here comes the storm...
>>
>>78393035
seven seas is gonna be hype as shit and i'm seeing the connections now
>>
>no Hawk or Dove
Do you like lying to me storytimer? Is that how you get your sick kicks?
>>
>>78393184
Thank you
>>
>>78393184
So, Hawk hears it, but Dove doesn't. And that must be because Dove is Dawn and not Don. Don is dead, sure, but maybe his death was directly because of Mr. Twister? Dawn is obviously not connected to these Titans like Hank is.

Also, I like these Christmas captchas.
>>
>>78393346
Sometimes I think Don is the real Forgotten Titan
>>
>>78392290
I don't know what exactly is (the Donna pose or the face od Dick), but this page give me a boner.
>>
>>78393346
>>78393324
Well it seems I spoke too soon. My sincerest apologies storytime you're a gentleman and a scholar.
>>
File: TNHUNT-Cv4-3a3fa.jpg (302 KB, 900x1279) Image search: [Google]
TNHUNT-Cv4-3a3fa.jpg
302 KB, 900x1279
>>78393197
It really will!

>>78393327
Gotchu, senpai.

>>78393324
>>78393346
Sorry anon, I was just taking the time to speculate with the last page reveal, which just so happened to be about Hawk and Dove. Here's something just for you, the cover for the next issue to get you excited for next month.
>>
>>78393346
That is some cleavage Dove.
>>
>>78393370
I was just thinking that, too. I didn't even catch any "Flash" references this issue. Surprising, since we've had them littered throughout both issues #1 and 2... Maybe Wally being the forgotten Titan.... isn't going to happen...

Don is making a lot of sense for having that title. I mean, he died two years into the "5-year timeline" (let me remind you, that timeline is just used for easier storytelling, it means about as much as power levels in DBZ). And it was in some big "crisis," which could totally be what led to the world forgetting the Teen Titans.

>>78393427
Should be mentioned that part of my speculation was based on this cover and older covers featuring Don.

>>78393404
Not just you, anon. My dick is pretty hard, too. Glad someone feels the same way... Donna is just a little too attractive in that pose, somehow. A couple months back, I went through a phase where I basically wanted Donna and Dick to just hook up based solely on the fact that they're both a little too attractive. It was a short phase, thankfully. Once Grayson started back up at #9, all my sexy Grayson quotas were being filled once again, and I dropped that bad ship. I just want them to be friends again, now.
>>
>good Titans book

What the fuck is going on.

Abnett is based.
>>
This series is such a mess. Given that the sales for it are so low has DC cut the number of issues it was supposed to receive? I don't think this will make it 12 issues.
>>
>>78393427
Oh well, no Wally but al least we get some of the first TT original concepts. I take that, the Donna-Dick bromance was always good.
>>
>>78393881
If (and this is totally dreaming) the revelation was Wally and not Don, how much the sales will increase?
>>
>>78393955
0%. Books don't increase in sales after the first issue without the help of variants or gimmicks. Maybe if the story is massively critically acclaimed (like a Hawkeye) it might increase in sales a little, but this series is far, far from being that.
>>
>>78393881
They haven't, at least not yet, and I doubt they will.

Low sales is a direct result of the book being a poorly marketed miniseries. No one knew about this book, or forgot about it, until Jim Lee revealed his variant cover literally a day before release, and then that cover just turned out to then be used for all promotion. Except, if that cover had been used since the announcement for the book, then more people would've cared.

Also this book is a Titans series, and so it comes with all the stigma and shit. Let's not forget that Abnett is a name that barely means anything at all for anyone picking up a DC book. No big name artists, either. With all the Grayson controversy and the relative hate for Roy and Donna recently, there is literally nothing that would get a regular person to pick the book up.

No doubt that Didio knows this, but DC will go through with this and will revamp their Titans books because they know they need to.

>>78393657
Based Abnett never should've been doubted in the first place. This book is fun and filled to the brim with references made specifically for Titans fans.

>>78393918
Yeah, I'll miss Wally, but at least some of the 60's Titans lore is back. Eventually, the NTT stuff will make it in, too, I mean, DickFire is still a thing.
>>
>>78394150
>Grayson controversy
?
>>
>>78394194
Gamergators are whining on Tumblr that Grayson is too sexy
>>
>>78394593
That's dumb.
>>
>>78394620
Also, Lobdell fans on CBR are bitter that Grayson is a better book than Red Hood Arsenal
>>
>>78394593
>Gamergators
I thought the Gamergators hated Tumblr? Or are both of those just terms for "people I don't like"
>>
>>78393881
I'm just surprised that they gave twelve issues. six issues is generally considered the ideal trade length, and #1 & #2 could have easily been one issue
>>
>>78396253
I think they just assumed Titans fans would come out in droves for it. I could see cutting it down to like 8-10 before all is said and done.
>>
>>78394593
>Gamergators
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>78396160
Yes and yes
>>
>>78394194
The one where the book just exists and they don't like it for whatever reason comes to mind at the moment.
Or the one where people thought Dick was getting molested and some girl got triggered by it and then like a dozen or so tumblr people whined and harassed Seeley on twitter about it.
>>
>>78392331

ha, man child
>>
>>78393327
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.