[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are some good moments, but it's no Bojack Horseman.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
There are some good moments, but it's no Bojack Horseman. They play this shit was too straight and way too conservative.
>>
>Oh wow they said the f word

>so edgy
>>
>>78392170
Bill Burr just isn't funny when in charge.
>>
>>78392170
>and way too conservative.

?
>>
I like the older brother being sad about the fact he and the father don't get along anymore. That's not something you see with a lot of teenagers in sitcoms.
>>
>>78392225
Are you fucking kidding me man
>>
I don't think it was as good as Bojack but I still really liked it
It was very 'straight,' just a deeper and more real version of the regular family sitcom.
>>
>>78392229
You heard me.

Traditional family structure, repressed mother, angry father, a nice daughter, and a rebellious son.

This cartoon ain't trying anything different.
>>
>>78392316
I can see that.
>>
Billy was cute.
>>
>>78392170
I'd rather be breedin' in sweden. can't we have a show about that?
>>
>>78392316
This. It's 6/10, worth watching, but not as good as BoJack.

The father is abusive, but the show makes you understand his side: shit job, asshole boss, his dreams were took away from him die to Korea war and unwanted pregnancy, etc. The mother, on the other hand, is too passive to her husband and has some good moments. The kids act like real kids, especially the older one. The horny dog joke isn't funny and the neighbour is a better version of Flanders.
>>
>>78392355
Then go watch Modern Family if you want sitcoms with non-traditional family structures.
>>
>>78392170
It was alright. Much like Bojack the problem was the show was more interesting as a drama than a comedy since so many of the jokes fell flat in the beginning but got better as it went along it was easier to sympathize with the family more so than any of the cast in Bojack probably due to the more down to earth environment and the fact that there were more to these characters than just being depressed all the time. The ending hit home due to how bittersweet it was but it managed to do the whole dysfunctional family thing a lot better than every animated family sitcom after The Simpsons. So yeah not as good as Bojack but its definitely worth a watch.
>>
>>78392355
>Traditional family structure, repressed mother, angry father
you do realise most shows today are the opposite
>>
>>78392170

The show had some really good lines.

>Oh, gross! Get a room, you two.
>Fuck you, get an apartment!
>>
Holy fuck is this show no fun.

Every attempt at "humor" is just vulgarity or something disgusting. I'm at the point where a fat man loudly eating chicken or a swinging old pair of balls just disgusts me and puts me off.

It's just nasty and mean spirited. And the animation on the mouths bothers me really hard. It still looks weird after all 6 eps
>>
>>78392170
Yea BoJack and Rick and Memey are way better.

This show is boring and extremely predictable. Stories of suburban hell have been done to death, its like they think they're telling some deep story about the human condition and they're not. This has been done a million times.
>>
>>78392355
It takes place in the 70's. Everything was more conservative at the time.
>>
File: do you even.jpg (11 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
do you even.jpg
11 KB, 328x277
>>78394590
then leave, leave the show alone, leave us alone, leave your family alone and then leave your self alone
>>
>>78394534
I liked the gag where the sister blackmailing Bill for the dollar and then ripping it up in front of him. And then she does the same thing with his sandwich.
>>
>>78394634
The "Don't like it, don't watch it" hasn't been valid for almost 10 years now, don't resort to it if you lack a counterarguement please
>>
>>78394662
I get how you can claim "don't like it don't watch it" is essentially meaningless, but how can you claim it only recently became meaningless?

Either it's a cop out for people to say "stop disliking what I like" and avoid interfacing with criticism, or it's a legitimate plea to live and let live or some shit.

But what could've possibly happened about 10 years ago to suddenly change its validity?
>>
Every idea that was about to develop into something interesting it instantly forgotten about

The son says he fucking hates the dad, nothing happens

I thought he was gonna get arrested while he was getting the record from under the bridge, esp since he made a promise to get better right before, but nope, nothing happens.

The drama in Bojack was a natural companion to the comedy, whereas this feels like a generic, but somehow directionless mess.
>>
>>78394728
Having a shitty non-opinion has always been the bullshit way out for lousy arguers.
>>
>>78392170
>but it's no Bojack Horseman

Which is saying something, since Bojack Horseman is shit.
>>
>>78392170
I'd give it a 7/10. Got some laughs, had some feels and its share of relatable moments, but it wasn't groundbreaking and a few things didn't really sit right.
>>
>>78394800
>7/10

It's an objective 4/10 and anyone who disagrees most definitely watches Family Guy ALL THE TIME
>>
It feels like a shallow, unfunny vessel for self-pity, much like Bill Burr's stand-up.
>>
File: 1399277202441.gif (2 MB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1399277202441.gif
2 MB, 200x193
>>78394833

>Objective
>subjective
>>
>>78394889
>Day
>night

I can greenteckts 2 opposite things too!
>>
I'd like it more if the words, "God, Jesus and Christ," didn't make up literally 75% of the dialogue. Watching people get angry is often funny, but here it just comes across as trying to be edgy. It's portrayed too realistically with no over-the-top elements that would help gear it more towards humour. Watched the first episode, didn't get any further.
>>
>>78394833
>anyone who likes A most definitely likes B
Fuck off, I said it was somewhere around decent. Also Family Guy is shit.
>>
When the show began actively trying to disgust me with the fat boss and the pisstrough and the parents fucking it became shit.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.