[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Venom Space Knight 002 storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 24
Since nobody else seems to want to do it, might as well do it myself
>>
>>
>>
>space knight
fucking gay
>>
>>
>>78385591
For a book called Venom: Space Knight, it's surprisingly dull
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And that does it for this issue. Hope you all enjoyed the storytime
>>
>>78385678
Wait... what? So the symbiote can now translate any language? ....why?
>>
>>78385954
Fucking Tau
>>
>>78386265
Because reasons. I don't fucking know
>>
>>78385893
>>78385914
Is there a page missing between these two?
>>
I like the comic so far. And I like the two new symbiote guys.
>>
>>78386417
Dammit. I missed a page
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 614x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 614x315
>>78385687
Hmmm
>>
>>78386497
Thanks for posting it.
>>
So why are they pushing for a "Space Knight" angle instead of a SPACE MARINE angle?
I mean, I understand the history behind Space Knight, but still, it seems like it would be better to go Venom: SPACE MARINE.
>>
>>78385861
Those two are symbiotes? They don't look like them at all. And this is another issue I had with the Agent Venom series. It doesn't bother actually fleshing out Flash and the symbiote's relationship like they did with Brock, it's just "nah, we're good." And I should not be enjoying a comic called Carnage over Venom.
>>
Thanks for the storytime.
>>
I just want some mindfuck to happen. Flash is wonderful and I love him but his character flourishes in suffering. I'm growing fond of this run if only for seeing Agent Venom again, but... Is the peak of his character gone? Will we never see him as he was with Remender?

WILL I EVER GET TO FLASH OVERCOME HIS AGRESSION TOWARDS HIS FATHER BY HIMSELF BECOMING A LOVING FATHER FIGURE TO ANDI?!
>>
>>78386265
I agree its dumb but universal translators have been a thing in universe forever.
>>
>>78387037

I don't think this direction fits the dynamic that worked for Remender's Venom and I don't think the narrative is as strong with Flash being more happy-go-lucky than jaded-yet-unyielding soldier.

But the book isn't bad, nothing as terrible as Bendis' work with Thompson. And honestly it is nice to see Flash happy for once. It's not as compelling but it does my heart good to see him smile.
>>
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>78385586
>movie Groot
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>78388732

Symbiotes were always good, Venom was just defective and was fixed when it ran into more symbiotes that were cloned/created from it.

They are yet another space-cop-corps that all are friendly and work together.

It's seriously dull and a stupid as fuck retcon because other off-world characters have encountered Venom and been horrified that a symbiote was still alive in the galaxy because they had been a scourge on it at one point.

And that would have been a much more interesting dynamic of "Earth bound character has adventures in space exploring new and exotic locations except everyone he meets is fucking terrified of him"
>>
>>78388910
I think I've gone retarded hearing that....time to post on /v/
>>
If nothing else the art is nice.
>>
>>78385560
Oh, I forgot it was coming out this week, wasn't expecting until next wednesday. Thanks, OP. This is just what I needed for christmas.
>>
>>78385841
>Klyntar are suppose to be peaceful.
Didn't the entire symbiote race attack Earth not to long ago to eat the inhabitants or some shit. Didn't they also jail and exile Venom for not wanting to use up it's host but live in symbiosis with it?
>>
Ah, Olivetti, compatriot and great artist for entry level comics. If only he would do actual backgrounds.

That said the comic's a fun thread but the retcon will forever piss me off.
>>
>>78391932
How would you retcon the retcon?
>>
>>78391968
Flash never left Earth and has been having trippy coma dreams the whole time bc he was captured by an evil yet vague organization for some nefarious but vague purpose?
>>
>>78391968
The Klyntar were lying and they really just want to spread themselves or some shit. I have no idea.

Fuck Bendis,
>>
>>78391968
Haven't read, but whatever Flash or anyone says on this, there's million of past occurrences that contradict it. So just say they were wrong, they actually had encountered a sibling species much less common than the symbiotes, who are savage parasites.

Also is the first story time in the archive?
Can I read this without finishing Agent Venom? I think I stopped somewhere after Mania's introduction.
>>
>>78385755
I love the suicidal co-pilot bot.
>>
>>78392178
This shitty run fucking drops everything that run you're reading right now is doing anyway so I guess? Why wouldn't you just finish that anyway, you're like 30 minutes of reading away from the end of that.
>>
File: UniverseXSpidey.jpg (137 KB, 482x521) Image search: [Google]
UniverseXSpidey.jpg
137 KB, 482x521
>>78385678
>symbiotes are capable of picking up prayers now
I've read enough Earth-X to see where this is going
>>
>>78385560
Both this and the last cover has to do with the inside story. That's refreshing.

>>78392178
>So just say they were wrong, they actually had encountered a sibling species much less common than the symbiotes, who are savage parasites.

Something like that seems the best.
>>
>>78388910
you left out the bit were the majority of symbiotes becomes violently insane shortly after going off-world because they're too susceptible to being corrupted by their hosts
>>
>>78391806
Klyntar are meant to be peaceful. The majority are not, and sincerely believe that they are not meant to be peaceful
>>
>>78391968
Well. If you ask me, I'd just make the klyntar an organization that uses symbiotes a la Flash, get rid of symbiotes all together or simply pretend they never happened. The whole idea is a mess.

The idea of a space amoeba being a benevolent space faring knight is kinda hilarious in a bad way. To me, the symbiotes should act like the Pheonix, entirely emotional, almost childlike beings that easily get attached to stuff. At least that's how my experience with them sees it. I wouldn't delve into the origins much, just say "when their planet got discovered by spacefarers they got in the ships and then spread" and call it a day.

If we need to keep the Klyntar symbiotes existing instead of retconning them out, make them just a handful and much more and simplistic/non-communicative, not space cops or knights. We are still talking about fucking space amoebas.

In any case, i'd keep Symbiotes in general as being very few, very mysterious and very destructive on a local level.

that said, I'm not in depth on symbiotes. I haven't read much venom and know only a handful of their lore. Someone probably has a better idea.
>>
>>78391968
the symbiote 'homeword' is actually a living planet bonded to a swarm of symbiotes, and a huge hippy. When it says 'we are Klyntar' it means it in the same sense as eddie saying 'we are venom'.

being the symbiote homeworld is just a narrative it came to believe after a few billion years, since it could no longer remember not being covered in symbiotes.
>>
>>78391968
Venom mindfucked him, it was all a dream hue hue.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.