[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /co/ could someone help me out with the Star Wars canon comics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 1450727014251.jpg (130 KB, 580x871) Image search: [Google]
1450727014251.jpg
130 KB, 580x871
Hey /co/ could someone help me out with the Star Wars canon comics? Is there somewhere I can find a complete list of series now included in the canon universe?
>>
File: UbH63Ht.png (3 MB, 1908x4870) Image search: [Google]
UbH63Ht.png
3 MB, 1908x4870
>>78362502
>>
Current Marvel stuff and the Darth Maul comic from Dark Horse
>>
>>78362524
Hey anon, thanks a lot. Is this fully updated? Are there no new series yet? I remember reading something about the road to force awakens or something.
>>
>>78362660
Yep, on the 21st. Shattered Empire was part of the Road to the Force Awakens alongside some of those novels like Aftermath.
Tip for Aftermath though, its written awfully but the audiobook is bearable.
>>
>>78362688
Thank you so much, that clears a few things up. I'm pretty bad with books so I guess I'll just be catching up with the comics. Thanks again m8
>>
>>78362502
Why does it have to be canon? Why don't you just read GOOD Star Wars comics?
>>
>>78362524
where is Dark Horse stuff you pleb?
>>
>>78362502
>wanting Star Wars canon comics
Another casual.
>>
>>78365149
It's right there, Son of Dathomir.
>>
>>78365149
Son of Dathomir is the only canon Dark Horse comic
>>
>>78365149
There's one Dark Horse comic on there: "Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir". OP asked for canon comics, and that's the only one from Dark Horse that's still canon.
>>
>>78365454
>>78365460
>canon
Ah, so marvel shilling again. You never get tired of that?
>>
>>78365578
It's literally what OP asked for.
>>
>>78365578
>OP asks for canon comics
>anon posts the canon comics
>WHERE ARE THE NON-CANON COMICS?
Do you have actual brain damage?
>>
>>78365578
Look, this isn't a case of shilling anything. Lucasfilm outright declared that the old Exanded Universe isn't canon. That's it. Game over.

Do I miss some things in the old Expanded Universe? Fuck yeah, I do. But the fact is, that's no longer canon, and for better or for worse, the new stuff is.
>>
>>78365650
>continuity over quality
>>
>>78365682
Bud, nobody says you can't still read or play the old EU stuff if you want to. Hell, Disney even started selling some of the older games on Steam and GOG when they were previously unavailable. But the old EU isn't canon anymore, and that's just the way the franchise is now. You can take it, or you can leave it. Your choice.

Besides, it's not like the old EU was always hitting bullseyes. I don't know about you, but I'd rather read Marvel's Darth Vader than The Glove of Darth Vader.
>>
File: Magic Whistle 007-005.jpg (28 KB, 147x432) Image search: [Google]
Magic Whistle 007-005.jpg
28 KB, 147x432
>>78365836
>I'd rather read a Gillen book than The Micronauts
>>
>Republic Commando is no longer canon
>But Delta Squad appeared in The Clone Wars, meaning their existence is still canon
>So either their dubious state of canon means Republic Commando is still canon, or Sev never vanished on Kashyyyk
>We could still get a canon Imperial Commando game
>>
>>78365639
If I had brain damage, I would recommend marvel comics.
>>
>>78365650
Who cares. There was a time when DH was canon and Marvel wasn't. I'll wait for the time when marvel loses the license again.
>>
>>78365976
You're going to have to wait for a long, loooong time then.
>>
>>78365639
it's basically
>halp! recommend me some MARVEL comics
>you know, MARVEL
>>
>>78365988
and it'll be worth it, even if it's "never"
>>
So, is Lords of the Sith good? The cover looks hilarious... too hilarious. If it's a bait and switch are the non-Sith Lords interesting?
>>
>>78366068
It's good, not great, but good.
>>
>>78365976
>There was a time when DH was canon and Marvel wasn't.
Even when DH was canon, the original Marvel Star Wars comics were still considered canon. Granted, a lower tier of canon, due to how early in the franchise's life they came about, but still canon enough for writers of the time to draw from if they wanted to. Dark Horse now effectively isn't.

>I'll wait for the time when marvel loses the license again.
>>78366022
>and it'll be worth it, even if it's "never"
Then so be it, anon. I must admit though, I don't usually see so much spite outside of the wonderful world of politics.
>>
>>78362524
You might want to update this to include the 8 unfinished episodes of The Clone Wars they released the story reels of as they are also considered canon as part of "The Clone Wars Legacy" series.
>>
>>78366243
>lol u mad
Then so be it, Disney shill.
>>
>>78366311
Thanks for proving that you are indeed mad. Have a nice day!
>>
File: star_wars___jaxxon_by_karza_76.jpg (340 KB, 850x1233) Image search: [Google]
star_wars___jaxxon_by_karza_76.jpg
340 KB, 850x1233
>>78362502

Anything featuring this guy is 100% canon.
>>
>>78366311
>>
>>78365836
I fucking loved Glove of Darth Vader growing up.

They would be hilarious to reread if the environmental stuff wasn't so heavy. The premise is ridiculous but the morals are so overwraught.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.