[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how are you guys feeling about this Dr. Strange movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Eye of Agamatto.jpg (669 KB, 1314x1068) Image search: [Google]
Eye of Agamatto.jpg
669 KB, 1314x1068
So how are you guys feeling about this Dr. Strange movie?
>>
>>78316260
It will be better than BvS, SS and Deadpool. It might be better than CW and Xmen
>>
>>78316290

That seems awfully optimistic.
>>
Depends, who is the one playing him
Is he going to blacked?
>>
>>78316335
Eggs Benedict Cucumberpatch
>>
>>78316260
If the hype is to be believed, and it isn't the standard superhero fare, it might turn out to be one of the best comic book movies of the year.
>>
>>78316327
Why?
>>
Genderbend Bramblecrotch is a good actor, even though he looks like an ayy lmao
plus the supporting cast is good so I'm eagerly awaiting the trailer
>>
File: doctorstrangeart.jpg (225 KB, 1424x800) Image search: [Google]
doctorstrangeart.jpg
225 KB, 1424x800
I'm glad that, if the concept art is to believed, they're going all in on his costume.
>>
>No Wong

This movie is already a disaster.
>>
File: 3134989-doctor+strange.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1967) Image search: [Google]
3134989-doctor+strange.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1967
>>78316260

I seriously can't wait. it comes out like a week before my birthday.

Doctor Strange is one of my all time favorites.
>>
it needs to have magic. not super science or alien tech or quantum reality mumbo jumbo, it has to have magic if they try and rationalize it they insult the comics and those that enjoy them
>>
>>78316948
Magic isn't relatable, anon.
>>
>>78316948
>autism
>>
>>78316970
i know, but comics have had magic and fantasy elements since the beginning. its annoying to see the movies annoying them like the plague. at least it means ill never see books of magic or sandman butchered on the big screen
>>
>>78316948
Magic is a science.

Your comprehension of science is simply wrong, because you believe that science =tech
>>
>>78317069
Books of Magic and Sandman aren't Marvel, though. And it looks like Enchantress will have mystic powers not "lol superscience telekinesis XD"
>>
>>78317054
im not trying to be pedantic. if they made a star trek movie where it revealed the enterprise ran on fairy dust id be pissed too
>>
>>78316948

What exactly are you expecting magic to be like in this movie? Because when you say shit like this, it makes me think you haven't read many Dr. Strange comics.
>>
>>78317320
During the airport battle Scarlet Witch unlocks her true power. That's going to be our first glimpse of magic in the MCU, most likely of the Chaos variety.

We see Wanda dipping her toes in it and begginning to teach herself it in Civil War, then we see Strange swimming in it and learning it all from the Ancient One. If they do it right its the perfect way to ease audiences into it.
>>
>>78317487

That doesn't really answer my question. What do you expect/want magic to be like in the movie? Because my impression so far is that Feige and the rest are sticking fairly close to the way magic is depicted in the Dr. Strange comics, while you want... something else, which you haven't defined very well.
>>
>>78317546
i wanna see the trippy mind bending stuff from the early comics i want the sanctum to a be like a mc escher painting. i want to see the eye of agamato. battles in the mental plane. alternate universes stuff like that
>>
>>78317645

Okay, but by all accounts that's what they're going to do. They've talked a lot about how they want to make the movie a mind trip revolving around other dimensions/realities.
>>
>>78317487
What true power, what toes? Telekinetic and telepath. Discount Jean Grey.
>>
>>78317546
I think they will have some quantum theory stuff in there, but they won't shove it into everything.

There probably won't be any deities or Elder Gods, no Vishanti, Eternity, Chthon, Cytorrak (owned by Fox because of Juggernaut?) in the MCU because they are likely to be viewed as silly and OTT by casual audiences. The Infinity Stones might well take the place of the deities and ancient beings as a deus ex machina.
>>
>>78317677
i havent read almost any behind the scenes stuff yet. i just remember thor 2 and how they sucked all the magic and mysticism out of the asgardians and replaced it with space tech
>>
>>78317690
X-Men fag detected.

Chthon and/or more likely Dormammu are the likely creators of Scarlet Witch. In the comics note that Chthon hid her magic powers then unlocked them. Hydra were just faggots who just unlocked shit.

Her current powers are probably the result of semi-emergent mystic powers combined with amped mental power. Hydra didn't complete the process. Unless you think the Japanese horror stuff is "Jean Grey" cos it fucking ain't.

In the MCU Vision probably unlocks her remaining latent powers by abusing the Mind Gem in some naive way, ergo the Mind Gem merely unlocks pre-installed powers.

Its entirely feasible that the Ancient One imbues Stephen with power then uses the Mind Gem (this bit of Strange's origin probably takes place before Avengers) to unlock those powers as she trains him.
>>
>>78316948
>>78317171
>>78317320
Does anyone have the "how is a surgeon a scientist" screencap from the old thread? That was gold.
>>
File: scared rape.jpg (41 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
scared rape.jpg
41 KB, 620x350
>>78316260
>magic
>in the MCU
>>
>>78317711

Nah, some Principalities stuff is boun to show up. Half of Strange's villains fall into that category. Also, I don't get the objection to the quantum stuff. Feige never said magic = quantum mechanics, he said it was LIKE quantum mechanics, in the senses that it's a little understood cosmic force. Which is exactly how magic works in the Dr. Strange comics. Plus, the many worlds theory of alternate dimensions has its roots in quantum mechanics, it makes total sense to mention it in a movie all about other dimensions.
>>
>>78318054
>this entire post

I don't even. This sounds like some bizarre grab-bag of head canon, mashing the comics and the MCU up into something you want to see happen, as opposed to anything that's actually likely to appear onscreen. I sincerely doubt they're going to go back to Cthon for Wanda's powers in the MCU.
>>
Same way I feel about every marvel movie nowdays.

Only it'll be worse since they're going to try to fore him into the role Iron Man is in.
>>
>>78318054
Wake me up when any of that happen. MCU Wanda is discount Jean.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.