[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just read this and all I got from it was that Lex would fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 4567_400x600.jpg (60 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
4567_400x600.jpg
60 KB, 400x600
I just read this and all I got from it was that Lex would fuck Superman if he could control him. Is this generally liked?
>>
Its great when your a 15 year old edgelord who wants any reason to root for an obviously evil person against on obviously good person.
>>
>>78303032
>Lex would fuck Superman

Well, yeah he would. Lex is extremely homo for Supes. More so than Bruce.
>>
>>78303032
It was an all around weird portrayal of characters. I didn't care much for it beyond Superwaifu.
>>
>>78305993
>>78303593
>>78303410
Last time I checked co liked it, I still like it
>>
>>78303032
Yes, it's one of the best portrayals of Luthor ever
>>
Luthor being lewd doesn't mean it was bad
>>
>>78306662
>m-my shit taste is validated by 4chan
lol
>>
>>78303410
You're a fucking idiot if that's what you got from the story.
Luthor is obviously full of shit during the story, and that's pointed out.
He's fooled himself into thinking he's in the right when he really has nothing more than an inferiority complex. It's very clear.
>>
>>78303410
You missed the point so hard if you think this was a story where you root for Lex.
>>
>>78306804
Jesus, this board really did get invaded by tumblr
>>
>>78307033
>so assmad you immediately blame your favorite boogeyman for immediate self assurance
lol
>>
>>78303032
Actually the Joker book was shit, this is alright
>>
>>78307073
Jesus, this board really did get invaded by tumblr
>>
>>78303032

Iirc one of Luthors incarnations regularly smashed Supergirls vagoo.
So yes.
He is pretty kucked for Supertypes.
>>
File: image.jpg (686 KB, 1280x1998) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
686 KB, 1280x1998
>>78303410
Did you stop reading just before the page where Superman verbally pimp slaps him?
>>
>>78307121
Not sure about that, but things get really shit when /tv/ crosses over. Glad that BvS stuff blew over and now they're contained on their board debating Star Wars
>>
>>78307110
this was also shit
>>
>>78303032
>>78306758

It's pretty tedious and yeah, weird as >>78305993 stated but that's not really the take away. They were trying to make Luthor more relate-able which Paul Cornell did a better job of in Action Comics - which is the better portrayal.
>>
>>78312240
agreed
>>
>>78305993
I didn't really like it when I first read it. Upon re-reading it I still found it to be a boring drag. But re-reading it for a third time yesterday, I actually really liked it.

It's almost a slice of life centered around Lex Luthor. He builds buildings and bitches, bitches blow him and he blows up buildings, and he hates Superman.

>>78312240
It does that best, ironically, when it's depicting Superman. A (mostly) wordless, fire-eyed god/devil, hovering right outside of Lex's window.

It's a great visual depiction of how he views the man of steel. Not as a protector, but an alien outside of true comprehension. No one knows why he does what he does, but it's simply a matter of time before he uses his god-like powers against us. Supermant is a dangerous enigma. So Lex thinks, even if it is just self-delusion.

It's the story of how Lex builds great things, and then throws them all away in a petty, futile and self-destructive attempt to "prove" a point to the world about Superman. A point which no one will really understand besides himself.

Anyway, I'm not sure it's meant to make Lex more relate-able overall. It's there to humanize him for sure, but by the end you're supposed to either despise or pity him. Though, I suppose, perhaps, that is relate-able.

I don't even know if I'd consider it GOOD, but it's at least interesting.
>>
I think it's good and a great portrayal of Luthor and the world through his eyes. As >>78314787 aid, Bermejo did a great job portraying Superman as a red eyed monster as a silent judge hovering outside Luthor's window looking down on him.

Luthor sees himself as the representative of humanity, calls Superman as a danger to humanity, all while doing shitty things throughout. He starts the book and goes on about humanity's greatness and it's reach, but contradicts himself in the end asks Superman about what he sees in humanity worth seeing.

"I'm a man...I hope.." is a great play on words as well.

Also, stories in which Luthor tries to spoil Superman's image rather than kill him are better.
>>
>>78315339
*worth saving
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.