[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the fanbase ruin Adventure Time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: 1447655414344.gif (2 MB, 392x386) Image search: [Google]
1447655414344.gif
2 MB, 392x386
Did the fanbase ruin Adventure Time?
>>
>>78293621
The show is still great. It's the threads on /co/ that are shit. Only /co/ has been ruined.
>>
>noodle arms
>>
>>78293621
nope, it fucked up itself
aslo:

DEEPEST LORE
E
E
P
E
S
T

L
O
R
E
>>
>>78293676
I thought the fans wanted lore? And that alot of people stopped watching cause of all the filler?
>>
>>78293621
No, it just got stale and then Moynihan brought in his 2deep4u existential bullshit
>>
>>78293621

No, the writers did.
>>
>>78293621
No. I think everyone here is done with negative ass OPs like this one.
>>
Someone post that pic of Marceline with her hands down her pants.
>>
>>78293734
Do you defend New Simpsons too?
>>
>>78293706
>>78293705
These are true to an extent

>>78293640
And this is true
>>
>>78293734
This sounds right.
>>
File: 1431796605865.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1431796605865.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>78293640
>The show is still great
>>
>>78293621
No.
Even when "the fanbase" ruins a show, it's always the creators who choose to cave in instead of taking a hard "fuck you" stance and going through with their unpopular plan.
Or production.

The responsibility can't be attributed to the mindless barking masses, who have the right to mindlessly bark as loud as they want.
>>
>>78293842
dumb frogposter
>>
>>78293640
You are retarded.
>>
It has a bad art style that got tiring quick.

It has annoying, bland characters that are never allowed to evolve past a certain point like Ash's pokemon.

Why anyone would still be watching this or Regular Show is absolutely beyond comprehension.
>>
>>78293927
Only Finn and Jake aren't allowed to evolve past a certain point.

Marceline, Bubblegum, Flame Princess, heck, even Gunther have more positive development than them
>>
File: 800px-Vidar_by_Collingwood.jpg (178 KB, 800x593) Image search: [Google]
800px-Vidar_by_Collingwood.jpg
178 KB, 800x593
>>78293621

Are those Norse runes on that mug? Neat.
>>
File: 1348712368713.jpg (43 KB, 470x468) Image search: [Google]
1348712368713.jpg
43 KB, 470x468
>>78293621
Why couldn't the writers just collaborate with each other? Why did they all have to fuck off and do vastly different things which caused really bad shifts in tone and noticeable holes and declines in quality?
Who's idea was it to make all those 2deep episodes too? What purpose does that serve on a children's show about going on dumb adventures?
>>
>>78293621
you did Tbh
>>
Status quo ruined Adventure Time much more than any fanbase it has.
>>
>>78294084
because they're probably autistic and can't handle basic interaction
>>
>>78294084
Can someone give me an example of this 2deep4u shiz you keep going on about?
>>
>>78293621
Shit went downhill when Fire princess, Fiona & Cake and Marceline & Simon story.
>>
>>78294179
Most of season 6 desu, mostly comet.
>>
>>78294179
All the Little People
Puhoy, for parts of it
BMO Lost's bubble/air character
Bad Timing, kind of
Sad Face
Breezy
Ocarina
Jake the Brick, but it was done acceptably and clearly
The Mountain
Walnuts & Rain
You Forgot your Floaties, but again acceptably because they spell it out
The 2deep4u episodes get more noticed when you're watching as a whole, and going through that episode list reminded me that there's actually just a fuckload of episodes with shit premises or ones with good ones that go nowhere.
>>
No, but I'd say the lesbianism and shipping certainly did
>>
>>78293961
So basically all the waifus and shitty characters (and even then I'm calling bullshit on you with Stakes).
>>
Hey guys, did you know that the rock underneath Finn's house is ACTUALLY THE PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD WHO PUSHED THE BUTTON THAT LAUNCHED THE NUKE?? He totes plays the ukulele and his name is Bacon Nutella Cupcake.
>>
>>78294179
there were several episodes focusing around a lemon creature that was fated to save all lemon creatures, instead of focusing on that it started focusing on how the lemon didnt really want to save anyone and wanted to run away and have fun adventures, while struggling with his conscience over it.

then a comet struck earth that brought a divinity that had come to talk to finn soul because finn soul was the reincarnation of another divinity that had struck the planet as a meteor.
>>
>>78294347
what happened in those episodes, im not big on this show and I want to understand what made each one too deep.
>>
>>78294378
Ice king has more development than him.
>>
Never thought it was all that
It was a neat little show so when it got bigger it collapsed in on itself.
>>
File: BMOsunset.png (1 MB, 1046x588) Image search: [Google]
BMOsunset.png
1 MB, 1046x588
>>78294179
The entire show has instances of 'deep' or thought provoking philosophical situations. Later on they just became more frequent and less subtle. Early examples would be bringing dead candy people back to life or Neptr gaining sentience.

More recently, BMO had to deal with killing an evil sibling and the concept of growing up. The clusterfuck that was the comet or the astral projection episode are examples of them doing it entirely wrong.
>>
>>78294407
Son I don't have the time to individually go through each episode. Here's a reply for u tho <3.
Just go read their wiki articles or look up clips.
>>
Adventure Time really is crashing in popularity.

I went to my local anime/cartoon/merch store the other day, it had big tables full of Adventure Time shit on clearance prices because nobody is buying.
>>
>>78294463
ok so they arent that deep, you just wanted to complain, noted.

>>78294456
that doesnt seem that bad, well the comet sounds pretty bad, but the killing an evil sibling for a robot thing seems normal?
>>
>>78294420
Its why it has no business being put on the same level as Simpsons, Rugrats, etc.

Those shows flourished in SPITE of having good competition and plenty of other stuff to watch. (Spongebob doesn't really count for this, they routinely got their ass kicked by Fairly OddParents in the ratings until Hartman went full bible beater and fucked his shit up.)

Adventure Time flourished because there was literally nothing else. Korra was a massive disappointment and people turned to Adventure Time to give them an epic, world-building series, and could run away with the kids/teens/young adult audience, but go figure Pen and CN shit the bed.
>>
>>78294520
It's like five years old now.

The young teens that were watching it when it first came out are the grown ass adults arguing like manchildren in AT threads today.
>>
>>78294555
Most of the time they handle it pretty well, especially earlier in the show where they would do it subtly, or play off something serious for an offbeat joke before the credits. Other times like pic related they'd go straight into the absurd and surreal.
>>
>>78294555
Fuck off nerd, go and watch those episodes
>>
Did the fanbase ruin the show?
>Ni

Did the show ruin itself?
>No and yes. I got to old.
>>
>>78294555
And here we see the average /co/ poster: doesn't want to watch what he criticizes/shills, demands to be spoonfed by other people and calls them buzzwords for not doing so.
>>
I for one think season 3 and onwards was shit, with few good episodes sprinkled in it. But then I've met people who said it got better after season 3 and when there was more continuity and whatnot, so obviously people found different things to like about the show.
>>
>>78294179
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tYflj8Tuj8
>>
>>78295125
>calls them buzzwords
What buzzwords were used there?
>>
>>78295125
>shill
>spoonfed
>buzzwords
congratulations on trying to complain about buzzwords by using buzzwords
>>
>>78295177
I don't know, I still thought seasons 3 and 4 were pretty good. Not as good as the first two, but they managed to do something different without getting their heads too up their asses (although there were occasional moments).
>>
>>78293734

Nah, all of /co/ was just done dealing with Autism Time's asinine relationships and DEEP LORE that went nowhere

Also, they realized the show was never actually good and was lolsorandum, but for teenagers instead of kids.
>>
>>78293621
Whatever helps you sleep at night, Pen.
>>
File: 1414087457148.jpg (7 KB, 251x234) Image search: [Google]
1414087457148.jpg
7 KB, 251x234
>>78295226
Sometimes it feels like they're trying so hard to be as philosophical as those 80s-90s animes.

The saddest part is they can't be as reflective and self-aware towards their philosophical views as they want to. They're nothing more than rich suburban kids with an easy going life trying to understand the hardships they never really went through.
>>
File: pendward.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pendward.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>Adventure Time Studios, 3:30 AM
>A dark corner
>Pendleton Ward is scribbling away
>He has finished, at long last, the full story for the Adventure Time movie
>It's not perfect, nothing ever is, but it's as close to the memories of his tabletop games and comic books that motivated him to make that fateful pilot episode years ago
>The story is simple enough, Finn fights the Ice King to save Peebles, and then contends with the Lich. The structure is effective, but it's in the humor where the film truly shines
>Suddenly, the door to Pen's office bursts open
>He is blinded as light fills the room
>Jesse Moynihan, Steve Little, Somvilay Xayaphone, and even Rebecca Sugar walk into the office
>Pen has not heard from them in months
>He hasn't seen Rebecca for years
>"W-what's up, guys?", he asks, a mix of fear and hope in his voice
>"We heard you finished the movie, Pen.", Little says, an eerie smile on his face
>"We wanted to offer feedback.", Moynihan chips in
>Ward clenches his teeth. "There's- there's no need for that, guys."
>"Oh, I insist.", Jesse says, and snatches the 500 storyboards from Pen's hand as he takes out a bright red sharpie.
>"This is no good at all", Little snorts, as he crosses off a picture of the Gumball Guardians and replaces them with Betty.
>"This plot point is too direct. You need to be more experimental and philisophical with your ending.", Moynihan mutters as he tears the final story board of Finn killing the Lich into pieces.
>"I like this panel.", Rebecca Sugar says, as she holds up a picture of Finn kissing Princess Bubblegum as Marceline cheers them all.
>"But it would work even better if you switched Finn with Marceline, don't you agree?"
>"N-no I- I don't agr-" Pen starts to mutter.
>He is met not with glares, but looks of incredulity.
>"Y-yes, you're right.", Pen says
>"I- I just wanted an Adventure, but maybe... maybe that's not what kids want. Go ahead and make the changes.
>AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL
>MY EMPIRE OF DIRT
>>
>>78293621
SJW agenda did it
>>
File: AGENDA.png (250 KB, 613x431) Image search: [Google]
AGENDA.png
250 KB, 613x431
>>78296220
>>
>>78294384
Doesn't those lores really indicate the writers are out of ideas or something? Instead of introducing something fresh, they build lores on something frivolous.
>>
>>78296130
Sugar made one ambiguous episode then spent the rest of her time fleshing out Simon and Marcy or Finn and FP. The boarders afterwards are the ones who went full retard with PB smelling shirts and Finn being a fucking chump. Sugar would more likely replace PB with FP rather than fuck Finn over like that.

But yeah. AT development in a nutshell.
>>
>>78296130
just fat fuck my quick buck up
>>
I can't believe The Moon is voiced by the same guy who voiced Jet from Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>78296130
It's not like classic AT story would be any better.
>>
>Implying that watching a show with /a/ or /co/ dosen't vastly improve it
>>
>>78293621
Sort of. The writers and storyboarders were too much in love with the concepts of the show. They made the show focus on different character rather than the main character to the point that the main characters actually had less backstory than the secondary or side characters.
>>
File: Tofightistolive.png (249 KB, 839x654) Image search: [Google]
Tofightistolive.png
249 KB, 839x654
>>78296432
Morituri Te Salutamus is actually an old AT favorite of mine. Wasn't expecting the Berserk reference in the form of an ancient and shriveled Guts.
>>
>>78296078
>this.
It's like AT is setting itself up for something that mimics the anime genre of deconstruction. Like Madoka Magic turned dark out of nowhere, and be philosophical like Evangelion was near the end.
>>
>>78297367
I still hate that this didn't go any where like having that golden sword and ice king's crown be part of a set of golden items that possesses the owners.
>>
>>78293621
No. Adventure Time was always shit, the fans just made it worse
>>
>>78297367
not everything is a reference webo
>>
>>78293621
the show is good, i just think people got burned out because of the whole fp deal.

i mean, when the first fp episodes came out people got pretty fucking excited, and then when burning low came, with the kiss and shit, it fucking exploded. add to it the whole "impending arm loss" signs everywhere and people where pretty excited.

then the break up happened and they made finn go though an excessively long "recovery time" that felt like they threw a fucking bucket of cold water on the fandom and to boot they made finn into this weird sort of mopey guy and made less proper adventure episodes and the hype died down a lot. add to it that finn's dad was sorta disappointing and you get us what we have now.

the show's not bad and i still like it, the marceline special was pretty good but i think if they don't come back with more good episodes that aren't basically filler focusing on boring side characters, i feel the show might die.

the fanbase is half ok half pure autism, but at least it's nowhere as bad as fucking gemsonas or shit like bronies and sonic.
>>
i never noticed this till just now but now that i have i like this episode even more

>>78297367
>>
>>78297549
>everything needs to go somewhere
>>
File: 3dHMP.png (153 KB, 436x360) Image search: [Google]
3dHMP.png
153 KB, 436x360
>>78297705
>fanbase dying means show dies
kids watch the show too
>>
>>78294520

The fanbase is in college now and college students don't pay for shows if they keep up with TV at all.
>>
>>78293621
mathematical was an inside job
>>
>>78297939
i wasn't referring to the show dying on account of the fanbase, or at least the older part of it, dying as well, but rather because of the impression i've had with this season that the show lost a lot of stem.

all the better if i'm wrong, i still like the show so having more is good by me.
>>
>>78298195
steam*
>>
>>78297436
>>Madoka magica dark out of nowhere.

It was written by Urobuchi. It was always going to be dark.
>>
>>78297436
i'd rather the show die than do what eva did and throw everything in the trash for pseudo-psychological bullshit and appearing deep.
>>
>>78294347
>BMO Lost's bubble/air character
I'm a casual fan of AT but I thought the bubble character episode was beautifuly done. A elegant simple way to explain actual death, but still keeping it light with a happy ending.
>>
I think that the whole wave of cartoons from 2011 is gradually dying out as it gradually gets old and loses it's charm
>>
Why do people hate frost vs fire again?
>>
>>78298348
>Kills FinnxFP.
>Turned Finn into the beta simp he is today.

Why do people like frost and fire again?
>>
Outside of breezy, whats the most hated episode?
>>
>>78293693
thats why i stopped. too much boring literally nothing happens episodes.
>>
Everything Stays: Unless it's not about Finn
>>
>>78298348
it was just a whole episode about finn being an asshole cause he got a boner.
>>
File: tumblr_myh6jtaCih1qixl5ro1_1280.gif (51 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myh6jtaCih1qixl5ro1_1280.gif
51 KB, 600x1000
>>78298586
>What people expected:
>Finn's relationship with FP grows. Both characters learn new things about each other contributing to their development
>Finn grows up in the show with his design changing as time went on
>Finn turns into a young adult hero that thrashes baddies with this elemental gf and magical dog

>What we got
>Relationship scrapped because the writers don't know how to write romance with Finn again (First time was young PB) unless it's Bubbline teasing
>Finn turns into a horny cunt and spirals into depression for an entire season
>Goes after PB again and gets shot down again
>Goes for Phoebe and gets shot down again
>Outshown by fucking Cinnamon Bun
>Shitty lost arm arc
>Shitty Martin arc
>Shitty Orgalorg arc
>Jesse's philosophy everywhere and implying all that shit would somehow fix his caracter
>Marceline becomes a better protagonist than Finn and more people now want see her life instead if his
>>
>>78298809
Whats wrong with his legs?
>>
>>78299651
>tumblr.gif
Guess.
>>
Adventure time is still running? Where can it even go at this point?
>>
File: 1428401912147.gif (2 MB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1428401912147.gif
2 MB, 220x220
>>78293773
If it pisses you off sure.
>>78295788
You just threw out so many buzzwords I just vomited in my mouth. Lets just try to derail this thread more because why the fuck not.
>>
>>78299688
Ugh

Is that the fucking Attack on Tintin jacket
>>
>>78297602
dude remember the 90's? I remember rugrats rocko's modern life spongebob ren and stimpy hey arnold doug catdog ed edd n eddy cow and chicken ect...

Those were the days, amirite? :^)
>>
>>78294084
>What purpose does that serve on a children's show about going on dumb adventures?
>children's show

lol it may be marketed that way but everyone, creators and fans know that the show's real audience is hipsters and internet nerds.
>>
>>78298809
>Shitty lost arm arc
In fairness, that wasnt shitty till he got it back in breezy.

The Tower was a fantastic episode.
>>
>>78300133

This, I think they did a really good job with him trying to deal with having lost an arm.

Legitimately made me feel.

Until they randomly decided to give it back for no reason at all
>>
>>78300198
>>78300133
>a tower of revenge
>>
>>78300235
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUStzbORyLg
>>
File: Guts.jpg (751 KB, 1655x1200) Image search: [Google]
Guts.jpg
751 KB, 1655x1200
>>78297624
>One armed and one eyed swordsman with a bigass cool sword
>Storyboarded by a known weeaboo
>Not a chinese cartoon reference
>>
I stopped watching after fp and cb became friends. Is it worth it to catch up?
>>
Adventure Time is still great even if their space epic attempt fell flat. I love what you all call the "filler" eps where Adventure time slows down and focuses on the mundane. Or when they take a random background character and devote a whole episode to them.
>>
they should just rush the ending already
make 4 more mini series about key characters and a finale mini series ala Stakes
>>
File: 1449236827413.png (85 KB, 312x332) Image search: [Google]
1449236827413.png
85 KB, 312x332
>>78293621
it fell at it's own hands, now it's corpse is left to be ravaged by filthy shippers who don't really care for the outcome as long as they get what they want. people saying it's still good are delusional.
>>
>>78300330
That's a bit of a stretch.
>>
File: 1450158527756.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450158527756.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>78293621
I think the new writers are just as retarded as the fans. I hate the writers a little more because they made bullshit ships official. They really should've ended it when Ward left and at this point it is only going to get worse unless they just end it.
>>
>>78294347
Most of those are pretty good though, especially Walnuts and Rain and All the Little People. I didn't like either at first but I can easily see myself rewatching Jake the Brick and Sad Face.
>>
>>78293621
I really couldn't get into Season 6 but I really liked Stakes and The Moe you Know was pretty good to.
>>
File: 1382099217382.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1382099217382.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>78293640
>everyone else is wrong
the show was and still is shit in my opinion, but you are just stupid.
>>
>>78294179
Compare Still with Astral Plane.
>>
>>78293621
it was better when the mushroom war was just hidden background lore rather than something that's actually part of the history of the fucking show
>>
File: check in.png (47 KB, 986x860) Image search: [Google]
check in.png
47 KB, 986x860
>>78298308
>likes adventure time
>doesnt get evangelion
>>
>>78301615
Dude, REMEMBER THE 90's!!!!! XD

Fucking kill yourself filthy nostalgiafag.
>>
>>78301709
Why do you think this? I like the Mushroom Lore and how it plays into character development regarding Simon and Marcelene.

Season 6 was stupid it tried to be philosophical when it shouldn't have been. I remember you still hits me in the feels but I don't know one moment like that in Season 6
>>
>>78301773
sounds like you are the one who didn't get the shitty ending if you bought into the retarded theories of other neckbeards online and the Anno-worshiping faggots of /a/, of which you are obviously part.

but hey, go ahead and tell me all about how "everyone's past is fucked and directly related to the complete wreck they all are" and half the cast having mommy/daddy issues or just being downright mental is great writing.

>inb4 you cite all side characters

i mean the part of the cast that matters.
>>
>>78300198
The hard part for them is apparently breaking status quo, not creating good feels. Which is sad cus you'd think making simple changes to the show would be easier than emotional writing, but? They did the bulk of the work more or less ok -- Finn lost his arm and that was tragic and cool, and he went into a psychotic break to get over it and that was pretty cool too. It looked like he had successfully survived an amputation and was moving on. But then they chickened out at the thought of him looking like this >>78298809 forever.
>>
>>78302065
>Finn gets all the philosophical bullshit pushed onto him as "development" in s6 while Marceline gets the fun arcs hounding bad guys in Varmints and Stakes
>>
File: 1390891970636.gif (12 KB, 164x234) Image search: [Google]
1390891970636.gif
12 KB, 164x234
>>78293621
>fanbase
>ruining a show
I wish this would stop.
>>
>>78300256
Just a good ep.
>>
>>78302129
i think they might have regrown his arm for the sake of adventure. sure, he'd still be able to fight and stuff without it, he'd find a way Finn is, or at least was pretty tough, but it would limit things somewhat so maybe they didn't want that.

or maybe they ended up disliking the flower arm design and didn't want him like that forever.

i still think he would have recovered it sooner or later regardless, since he has the curse of the grass blade with him forever, remember. given what it could do when it grew before he lost it, maybe flower arm was just a temporary state until it recovered into a grass/tree arm. he does still have his thorn.
>>
>>78301438
I think All the Little People is amazing but it's definitely 2deep garbage. The whole thing is a big multilayered metaphor, all just to get around censorship, which is honestly a waste of fucking time. it's just a well-executed example of a bad trend.
>>
>>78302196
Don't forget she gets the girl too.
>>
>>78302196
Season 6 was a shitshow. PB's brother episode was dumb, I hope season 7 is the last. They have the opportunity to wrap things up nicely, answer questions about what happen to humans and perhaps a final battle with the lich
>>
>>78301344
my thoughts exactly, they're more prone to go along with what it's fanbase wants instead of following an original story line
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 1280x828) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 1280x828
It feels like they slowly starting to wrap up the series.
>>
>>78302377
>maybe flower arm was just a temporary state until it recovered into a grass/tree arm
It was, yeah. The bare minimum they needed to do was have the grass arm as the permanent replacement and have it LOOK that way too. Just to show that something's changed, you know. This thing where it looks like nothing changed (except once a year when they want the sword to do something), is insulting.

But this begs the question why did they do anything of this in the first place? If the whole point was to give him a weapon he uses once a year, why with the amputation and the grief and the blah blah?
>>
>>78297367
Calling fight king a Guts reference is a bit of a stretch man but what ever. Older Finn is more of a Guts reference than anything.
>>
>>78293640
meagre teaser geezer :/
>>
File: synchronize.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
synchronize.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
Banana Guard Academy was unexpectedly incredible and I 100% recommend it

to anybody who read it - what the fuck do you think was with those robots? Where did they come from and why were they set off by pepbut's 2deep4u simulation talk?

And aside from the mindfuckery in the last couple issues, it was really fun to read in general and had some pretty great characters for a miniseries
>>
>>78302711
my guess is they're setting up for something. if there is one thing they're pretty good at in AT it's keeping track of details that might get forgotten otherwise, so if he's got that thorn it'll most certainly come into play sooner or later. perhaps they have a grassier arm in mind coming up, or a wood sword or something.
>>
>>78303994
the comics and miniseries are pretty good as a whole, at least imo, but i hadn't seen that one yet, guess i'll give it a look soon.
>>
>>78302644
whats this pic from?
>>
>>78301276

He even has the crossbow on the arm like Guts.

t. not him
>>
>>78304127
Graybles 1000+ aka Finn and Jake are fucking dead
>>
>>78304630
Wasn't this from the Lemonhope episode?
>>
File: kccbOwp.gif (833 KB, 936x540) Image search: [Google]
kccbOwp.gif
833 KB, 936x540
>>78304630
>betty episode is a rushed mess
>even has a retarded flashback thing
>lemonshit gets a fucking half hour ep
>>
File: 1450492303510.jpg (73 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
1450492303510.jpg
73 KB, 629x800
>tfw all this bullshit will be in the movie which by itself is probably going to suck
>>
>>78305228
Shoop this with Jesse holding the gun and Finn on the log and you have a good image
>>
>>78305405
shut up Jesse, trashing yourself online isn't the way to fit in
>>
>>78293621
to this day is still wonder if stand alones episodes and arcs could have co-existed in this show
>>
>>78294355
Aye. Leaving it to the subtext searching shits to start shit.
>>
File: rbgrbg.jpg (100 KB, 686x414) Image search: [Google]
rbgrbg.jpg
100 KB, 686x414
>>78303994
root beer ghost was cool
>>
>>78311239
wait are you implying the comic about RBG acknowledged that he was killed off?
>>
>>78305228
I feel like this needs to be reworked into some kind of anti-zootopia image.
>>
>>78298403
Red Throne or the Comet, though I don't think Comet was as bad as Throne and Breezy.
Yeah it was shitty and nothing happened but if you were expecting otherwise 6 seasons in you were kind of asking for it.
>>
>>78297367
That's a fucking great episode and one of Sugar's underrated bests but I'm not seeing the Guts reference.
>>
File: rip.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>78311502
yeah, it was actually a pretty big part of the plot
>>
File: 2ec.png (208 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
208 KB, 327x316
>>78293640
>The show is still great
>>
>>78311866
fuck you AT. I thought that comic was supposed to be safe from the show's bullshit.
>>
>>78311929
Don't be a whiner over nothing anon, the comic takes stuff from the show sometimes.

It's not like it'll fuck things over since a comic that only runs for 6 issues kind of has to finish what it starts unlike the show proper that will keep pushing half baked plot threads into the future forever till it gets canceled.
>>
File: 1447611738817.jpg (65 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1447611738817.jpg
65 KB, 604x453
>Sugar leaves to work on SU
>Ward leaves
>Show goes to shit
It was inevitable.
>>
>>78298809
>What people expected:
Kek, really? Somebody expected this thing to end good? Did they start watching AT from that season or what?
>>78302711
The thing is that they are afraid of any changes in Finn's design, probably due to merch stuff, which nobody buys anyway, as somebody said earlier. So we are stuck with Finn looking the same in his 12 and 17. Fucking shame.
>>
File: n18oxmzaSf1s5xdg6o1_r1_500.png (195 KB, 448x487) Image search: [Google]
n18oxmzaSf1s5xdg6o1_r1_500.png
195 KB, 448x487
>Did the fanbase ruin Adventure Time?
It's hard to say. You could say they did, but you could also blame writers for pandering to those elements of the fanbase. You know the elements I mean.
>>
>>78298809
>Marceline becomes a better protagonist than Finn and more people now want see her life instead if his

She's not a "better protagonist", people have always really wanted to see more of her because she's a hot girl character with a neat design and backstory that never got much screentime. Now they finally do this one thing with her with the miniseries and you all whine that she's somehow replaced Finn, it's ridiculous
>>
>>78311929
but I enjoyed what it added to the story, and I thought it was cool to see the show's events show up in the comics
>>
>>78312882
Are you implying that the shipping aspect is what ruined AT? because that's the least of it's problems. It's not even a problem, who cares. That's the only thing I can think you could imagine they are "pandering" to. Because who are they pandering to by making confusing and unsatisfying plots, dull dialogue, and shitty character development?
>>
>>78313609
You're ridiculous and shut the fuck up. The fact that the writers alone collaborated for once to give Marceline a good arc for 8 episodes while they stumble around for his 3 arcs last season is horseshit.
>>
>>78302757
>>78311855

Missing the same eye and hand.
Crossbow on hand.
Dagger belt and boot dagger.

It's pretty distinct actually.
>>
>>78313769
My god you guys act like babies when it comes to Finn
>>
Those moments where the show would sip into surrealism and philosophy were part of what made the show so appealing and unique. Lately it feels like they are just trying way to hard. I still like it tho.
>>
>>78293621
The lack of a boy Finn's age ruined the show
>>
>>78313927
No you're acting like an inconsiderate asshat who thinks his opinion is God and reigns above everyone you asshat
>>
File: 1427168789772.gif (470 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1427168789772.gif
470 KB, 200x200
>>78304812
>>betty episode is a rushed mess
>>
File: 1450389924654.gif (336 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1450389924654.gif
336 KB, 200x200
>>78301962
Nowhere i mentioned nostalgia.
You don't know how to read?
>>
AT is still alright

but I think most people can agree that season 4 and the beginning of season 5 were the peak of AT

5 and 6 were a weak point but 7 has brought back some interest with Stakes
>>
>>78293621
Fanbases can't ruin shit. Only the writers and the executives have the power to do that.
>>
>>78315769
Way too early to judge season 7
>>
>>78314179
Nice baby tantrum, baby
Maybe the reason my opinion seems so high and mighty to you is because it hit the mark and that makes you mad?
>>
>>78317126
No. Your point is only high and mighty because you're full of shit and can't see bad characterization.
>>
I am pretty sure it got better. The ending of Season 6, Stakes and Moe were great.
>>
>>78315769
Season 5 was shit people only liked because of the hype, as it actually is it was trashy.
The end of season 4 was by far the most excited the fanbase has ever been but that don't mean it was the peak man.
>>
>>78319925
The Lich should have been the finale. Cut if off right at the peak of excitement, then nobody would ever have to know how it turned out.
>>
>>78315769
>6 were a weak point
Second half was quite fun actually, except for Comet maybe. And Water Park, this shit was a pain to look at.
>On the Lam
>Hoots
>Jermaine
>Walnuts and Rain
>Dark Purple
Though the last one made me realize, that this fembrute is hella annoying.
>>
>>78293621
Adventure Time ruined Adventure Time.
>>
>>78322576
This.
>>
>>78293621
The writers got too cocky. The show used to have a really modest sense of humor.
>>
>>78293621
I've been binge-watching it and I honestly don't see why there are so many complaints. I'm enjoying it. Halfway through S6 right now, there's really nothing I haven't liked other than how they handled FP.

And I don't mean Frost and Fire, because people act like that was the ONE instance that ruined the rest of the series. What actually ruined the FP romance was how they treated it after Frost and Fire. There was potential for growth there. Instead, we got fucking Cinnamon Bun out of nowhere for no reason.

Even then, I think the story has potential. Not every romance has to be a success. I actually kind of appreciate the writers for putting Finn through a failed romance, even though it's an unpopular decision. I still wish they had handled it better, though, and I really wish they hadn't thrust CB in there for no reason.

Otherwise, I seriously have no issues with the series. Unless it gets seriously shitty in the next 30 episodes, I think it was all handled pretty well.
>>
>>78319925

well by beginning of season 5 I really just mean the first two episodes

"Finn the Human" and "Jake the Dog" were some of the best episodes in the whole series
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
Just watched this. Jesus christ what a clusterfuck
>>
>>78295226
His dad is the only character I like on the show, just sees all the bullshit gayness finns life is and goes fuck this im out.
>>
no,Finn and Jake ruined Adventure Time
>>
>>78324713
>I actually kind of appreciate the writers for putting Finn through a failed romance
It might be ballsy in some other show, but these writers only did it to kill an unwanted plot thread and make their jobs easier. There's nothing wrong with a romance that doesn't fail, but they immediately write that off as unrealistic or cliche. And so we get nothing at all.
>>
>>78325876

but Marceline will save it
>>
>>78325898
Oh yeah, that's why they bothered to go through like half a season with Finn moping about it, as well as a few closure episodes. Because they were trying to get RID of a plot thread. I see.

I don't know. Maybe they were just trying to get rid of a pesky plot line, but that doesn't matter. Death of the author. The end result is something which had its own merits, and which contributed to the story, but which I feel ultimately wasn't handled as well as it could have been. The authors' intentions have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>78326039
You can eat shit if you think Finn;s bad romance arcs benefited him in the end
>>
>>78325946
>Mess up Finn and Jake in the first place
>Trying to rely on Marceline fans to save face
>>
File: 1439935727307.jpg (66 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1439935727307.jpg
66 KB, 500x374
>>78296078
>They're nothing more than rich suburban kids with an easy going life trying to understand the hardships they never really went through
This explains the entire animation industry in our modern times. There's no sense of insight or innovation; animators were born as middle-class yuppies, and will die that way. Any sort of "depth" they impose is merely regurgitated from the media they consumed as a child (mostly anime and best-selling novels). Nepotism and hiveminds dominate the scene, to the point where any genuinely creative ideas are shunned for a more "politically correct" view.

These are the type of hacks that people claim are giving animation merit; but no, it couldn't be farther from the truth. If anything, the amount of new-age hipsters polluting industry with their bullcrap could actually be a detriment to animation's growth as a respectable art form. There's more to art than slapping a punch of psuedo-intellectual dabble and calling it a day. Cartoon Network has especially been plagued by this train of thought.

I know I'm talking about a network for children, but that in of itself is a problem. Cartoons should stop being fucking restricted to children. No wonder standards have been lowered to this extent. It seems the two main factors for creating cartoons are either that, or corporate greed. It's been going on since the 60s (with the exception here and there), and it's not getting better any time soon. Adventure Time is one of the worst examples. How I loathe this fucking show. The first three or four seasons were alright; but just look at that garbage in the video. Should kids really be exposed to such soulless, uninspired dreck? But knowing where I am, I'm sure some people will defend it. After all, it's better than getting another "Ren & Stimpy" pastiche!

Animation is fucked.
>>
>>78326039
Finn moping about here and there was a bare minimum way to resolve it. Enough effort to make it look like they care about Finn's growth, but not enough effort to really benefit him.

Maintaining his relationship with FP would have been much harder, but more rewarding. Pretty sure that was Becky's original plan.
>>
>>78326515
>Enough effort to make it look like they care about Finn's growth
Why do they care? It's a fucking cartoon. They could have had FP break up with him and then have him be okay with it the very next episode, if they really are these fiends of laziness conspiring to make the cartoon as unsatisfying as possible.

They clearly cared enough to actually try and make it worth something to the characters that Finn and FP broke up.

And Finn and FP as portrayed seriously had no chemistry. It was a cute puppy love, and it taught both of them a lot of stuff, but anyone with eyes could see that they weren't even close to right for one another. Maybe it could have developed into something better, but I seriously don't think it was built to last.

And that's exactly what happened in the show. It didn't last. Finn got horny, he started doing stuff behind FP's back, and he showed that he really didn't "get" her emotionally at all. People say that that was a moment of jumping the shark, but all I can see it as is a natural progression of what had always been a pretty shallow relationship. If it hadn't been the fire crotch and the owl dreams, it would have been something else in the future.

Not every relationship works out. FP and Finn had fun, they learned a lot, but that's all it really was. While I think that the circumstances around their breakup and the consequences afterwards were a bit contrived, I don't think that if they hadn't happened, FP and Finn would still be going strong.
>>
>>78326464
Do you want it to be like anime where overpriced Blu-rays are major factor to a show's success?
>>
>>78327178
I hate that fucking "muh realism" shield you faggots hide behind. Like it justifies the shitty writing
>>
>>78327178
Finn needs someone that is stable. All his romances were bad. Or maybe in the end he'll be devoted to adventures only?
>>
File: 47317151_p12_master1200.jpg (411 KB, 1067x1200) Image search: [Google]
47317151_p12_master1200.jpg
411 KB, 1067x1200
>>
File: 46444507_p16_master1200.jpg (209 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
46444507_p16_master1200.jpg
209 KB, 800x600
>>
File: 46978891_p3_master1200.jpg (353 KB, 900x962) Image search: [Google]
46978891_p3_master1200.jpg
353 KB, 900x962
>>
File: 46444507_p5_master1200.jpg (524 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
46444507_p5_master1200.jpg
524 KB, 600x700
>>
>>78327787
That's seriously all you've got to counter with? "muh realism" and "the writing is shit"?

Hey, bro, the word "realism" doesn't even appear in that post. You're the one who brought it up. Maybe you should actually learn to read before projecting that hard. And "the writing is shit" is seriously not even your opinion, it's an assertion you don't even bother to follow up on.

I don't think that I'm the one hiding behind the concept of realism. It really seems more like you are, because without it your argument for why the writing is bad is "the writing is bad".
>>
>>78327178
>anyone with eyes could see that they weren't even close to right for one another
It's arbitrary tho. It's fiction, so it could have been written another way just the same. They had no chemistry because the writers (except for one) were apathetic about the relationship in the first place. Self-fulfilling prophecy brah.

>but all I can see it as is a natural progression of what had always been a pretty shallow relationship.
I can agree with that, but only because they had already set Finn up as so uncontrollably horny he loses his natural common sense and does otherwise OOC shit.

Also, alternatively, they never did anything to make those two physically compatible. A big part of the problem, I assume, was Finn's frustration at his inability to touch his own girlfriend. He's frustrated and naive more than he is a genuine sociopathic pervert, but they'd rather he just fuck up than get experience that prevents future fuckups.
>>
>>78327798
>Or maybe in the end he'll be devoted to adventures only?
All that work just to go back to season 1?
>>
>>78328054
>Self-fulfilling prophecy brah.
I can agree in some ways, but there just really wasn't much to work with in the first place. Finn was into FP just from seeing her, that's the basis for his side of the relationship. FP was into Finn just because she was happy to have someone who was in love with her. They could have had more episodes, it's true, but they just weren't in a relationship for the right reasons and they weren't the right people to be in a relationship.

>they'd rather he just fuck up than get experience that prevents future fuckups.
I don't know, they were getting around the issue. I think that they tried their hardest, but the two just weren't right for each other.

I guess that there's always been a pretty big plot hole in Flame Shield existing and Cinnamon Bun having it perma-on, but Finn never having had it cast on him period.
>>
>>78328292
Finn should end up with Marceline. She's perfect for him. PB is too crazy and having a new love interest will be too much for the writers.
>>
>>78327919
I could legit see this happening.
>>
>>78327919
FP's been on the show for nearly 3 years now and they still haven't had her interact with Marcy.
It's like they want her to be as boring as possible on purpose.
>>
>>78328633
they might do it, but the only purpose for it will be to make Bubblegum pissed off that her best friend is hanging out with her enemy and not her.
>>
>>78328292
>Finn was into FP just from seeing her, that's the basis for his side of the relationship. FP was into Finn just because she was happy to have someone who was in love with her.
You make it sound like that's rare. Many (most?) couples get together for shallow reasons and then develop a relationship to support that. To imply it has to be "something more" from the getgo is kinda missing the point of romance imo -- you want to see the lovers create a bond.

>they were getting around the issue.
heh, whatever they were doing clearly wasn't enough for Finn. Can't blame him. Poor kid shouldn't be condemned to a life of aluminum foil hugs.

>never having had it cast on him period.
Some staff member said you can't feel anything with flame shield on, like you're numb. Yep, they really didn't want that kid to get any.
>>
>>78328755
>To imply it has to be "something more" from the getgo is kinda missing the point of romance imo -- you want to see the lovers create a bond.
It's not like I'm saying that you should be perfectly compatible with a person before the relationship even starts, but they really had no common ground. I'm saying that it's not exactly the writers' faults that the relationship didn't have any room to grow. It's not like they had anything in common to begin with.
>>
File: 1450103634804.jpg (13 KB, 247x296) Image search: [Google]
1450103634804.jpg
13 KB, 247x296
>>78328051
I see "muh realism" in your post because you said it was "puppy love" and "not every relationship works out". I can also infer that you likely enjoyed most of Jesse's stuff in Season 6. That's fine by me, but this is the second time they've done this plot/arc and dropped the ball with it. Three times if you count Roselinen with the first being young Bubblegum. They scrapped both PB and FP because they didn't know what to do with them with Finn.

Finn's REALISTIC human instincts caused the breakup in the first place. And yes, I can see puberty playing apart of the episode, but when All the Little People airs wayyyyyy before Frost and Fire about this kind of shit it makes the writers look disorganized and lazy.

Now, if AtLP aired AFTER Frost and Fire it would've been immensely better for Finn's character for he realized the mistake of manipulating others (like he'd do it in the first place because of his righteous hero heart. Like Spongebob is with being naive, but kind to everyone no matter the situation). The lost arm arc could have made the REALISTIC thing of being handicapped into great development, said arm is taken back in 6 or so episodes. They just give him a thorn to bring it back whenever they feel like it. That's. Fucking. LAZY. As. Shit. If Sugar stayed on the show you know damn well she would've fleshed them out more as time went on. However, she saw her own window of opportunity and jumped ship to make Steven Universe. The writers over at AT didn't know what the fuck to do in the long run, so they cut it off.

Oralorg was rushed. Betty was rushed. The hiatus sure as fuck didn't help. Stakes was good up until that ending. It's like the sports team you root for that builds up your expectations then flops and chokes in the first round of the playoffs.
>>
>>78328856
The desire to be good was possible common ground. She wanted to resist her father's call to evil, and he wanted to teach her how. The idea was there, even though it wasn't pursued at all.

Also, they both liked adventure right? That thing in Vault of Bones were they had different adventuring styles or whatever was straight up bullshit. They finally went on an adventure and it was a total drag, even though it didn't need to be.

Even without that shit though. Is a shallow relationship really so wrong? He thought she was hot , and she thought he was good company. Just because they're 15 and we know it won't last, that doesn't mean it had to explode like the Hindenburg. They shoulda just fooled around more, like kids should.
>>
>>78328922

>HEY COLE, YOU READ ALL THAT?
>>
File: Bork gone crazy.gif (387 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
Bork gone crazy.gif
387 KB, 500x447
>>78329217
I'll give you an F5 jabroni
>>
>>78296952
It didn't need to be, it was just literally adventures you hack.
>>
>>78293621
I wish I had arrived earlier before the shit storm hit but yeah, the general consensus that most people agree on and have already said is that it's all on the shoulder's of the writers. The fans being the horrible fucking scum they are play into the picture as well, but mostly it's the shitty staff over there, they ruined Adventure Time.

And this was to be expected, not because of it's near six year run, or the lack of ideas, but just the sheer amount of stupid decisions made on the behave of the production and writing crew. The elements of Adventure Time has just jumped the fucking shark at this moment in time, it lacks consistency, do's and don'ts of an episode, narrative, etc. to the point where it's just embarrassing to still be a fan of this bullshit. Adventure Time hasn't impressed me in a LONG time, and I doubt it'll ever have that same amount of magic as when I viewed it as a fourteen year-old.
>>
>>78293621
Adventure time was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.
-Pendelton 'fat fuck makes big bux' Ward
>>
>>78294084
2deep4u shit is fine. It's the feelz shit and the relationshit that is unwelcome. At least the 2deep4u fits with the adventurous tone.

I hate the modern AT fan. I'm glad they encouraged the show to fuck itself so hard it has no audience any more. Stoners don't like it and nor do kids. All it has is tumblr now. Better double down on the faggotry. Stakes homoshit and forgetting who the main characters were is only the start.
>>
>>78293640
Agreed
>>
>>78326464
John K pls
>>
Bunch of dramatic babies

I can't wait for the show that you are all going to write together, since you all know so much about writing and character building and whatever

It just seems like you are all so butt hurt that this site didn't end up the way you personally wanted it to go
>>
I think where the show would lose me at times was at the really weird parts. Sometimes someone would perl over my solder to se what I was watching and it was always at a really weird part, and there was really no way to defend the show from things like that

For example the episode with pb's brother
>>
>>78293621
I think it was the writing after the lich
I don't know after the lich episode I was expecting more quality stuff. I mean I watched a couple filler episodes afterwards but man I didn't last long. I felt like sometimes they were moving forwards, but they always stepped back at any instance of moving forward.
>>
>>78334882
You're more butthurt than anyone else here anon.
The show doesn't need people like you defending it from all those big mean bullies on 4chan, it's a big boy and can stand up for itself.
>>
>>78334914
Oh sorry I forgot bashing the show is the only thing we are allowed to do
>>
>>78334991
State your business all you want but don't look down on others for doing the same.
>>
>>78335013
W-what, have you read through this thread?
>>
>>78335035
Kind of, and most people seem to be giving explanations behind their reasoning.
>>
>>78293621

This gif is strangely satisfying, yet aggravating at the same time. Why even take a bite and then shove the rest of the sandwich into your mouth before you've even swallowed?
>>
>>78335154
Finn's trying to show proper table manners but his lust for food ends up overwhelming his sense.
He's gotta be at least a little feral what with being raised by dogs and all.
>>
AT is going to be stuck ij limbo forever, not really sure what it wants to be. I think this is poignant because it used to have such a firm sense of identity.

Recurring characters work better in sshows with character development. If you build.your world.without building hour characters, it just feels.empty.

Storyboarding got fucking lazy. Everything is so stiff and on model. Those season 1 episodes were fucking art. They were just noodly.doodles so they made sure to use the hell.out of those joodly doodles. New episodes aremso dry and cynical.
>>
>>78334882
>LETS SEE YOU MAKE YOUR OWN CARTOON THEN HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Okay Alex Hirsch.

A lot of people have come to the conclusion that this show is terrible now. It didn't come after one episode or moment for most people, it was a gradual thing, but constant disappointing resolutions and a shift of focus away from key elements is what drove most people off.

I quit being a full time watcher of this shit back around the Princess Bubblegum breaks to pieces arc actually. How anyone could not see what the show was heading to right there, status quo and lack of risk taking, they must simply be too young to remember this happening to other cartoons (Dexter's Lab and FoP were also frustrating offenders I can remember, but they weren't trying to be an "epic story" like this). Felt like the fanboyism for this cartoon spun out of control around 2012 or so. People were being outright banned for criticizing the show because of superfans being promoted to mod. The show headed into that godawful love triangle arc, as did Regular Show (when they weren't spamming a Muscle Man episode every five minutes), what a bad time for /co/ that was.

I don't think you should get so invested in what people think. This cartoon's time came and went. Even if Pen Ward threw off the SJW yoke that covers him now and somehow created a groundbreaking set of episodes that utterly bedazzles /co/ I doubt it will ever achieve the same level of popularity it once had.
>>
>>78293621
>>78293621
Sort of, the issue is more that the writers listened to the fans. Fans can say any amount of asinine shit, if the writers don't listen it doesn't impact the show.
>>
Oh wow, so this is /co/ discussion.

No thanks, faggots.

>>78293621
it says, "CUP OF MANY ALE"
>>
>>78335385
You sure showed them, anon.
>>
>>78335418
You're welcome.
>>
>>78322872
the show used to be hilarious then lore and continuity went in and it looked promising but the lack of agreement and communication from the staff ruined everything.everything stays and if it changes it changes for the worst.
>>
fanbases dont ruin franchises, creators/owners of those franchises letting them be influenced by fanbases ruin franchises. blame the people behind the IP, not the fanbase.
>>
the show was never good to begin with. despite being named "Adventure Time" they stay relatively in the same area and have a home, that's not what a real adventure is all about. Goku didn't return home after every episode in the original Dragon Ball, that's what made it a real adventure. Adventure time is something only a tasteless child would like
>>
>>78335959
Adventures aren't adventures unless you travel a really far distance?
You're dumb holmes.
>>
>>78335973
Yeah, it's about finding were you belong, and not looking back until you have accomplished your journey. That's why FMA was so good, they even enjoyed the journey along the way despite having no where to go back to, and was disheartened by the thought of the journey ending/having a home.
>>
>>78335959
>>78336006
Fuck of weeaboo
>>
>>78336061
>fuck of
>implying adventure time is better than any anime
The only show on CN nowadays that was any bit of good was Regular Show. Adventure time is worse than pleb tier. Honestly, it was childish to begin with and now they have all these sjw themes. It's gay af and they talk like faggot hipsters that I desperately want to punch in the face.
>>
File: 1450704251870[1].png (939 KB, 1729x1632) Image search: [Google]
1450704251870[1].png
939 KB, 1729x1632
>>78293621
FINN AS FINN LMAO
>>
>>78336462
LOOK FINN'S A NIGGER
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
>>
>>78336462
Now needs Princess Bubblegum as Princess Leia.
Or at least in Leia's slavegirl outfit.
>>
>>78324977
>tfw cried a little at the end of part 2
>>
>>78294084
>Why couldn't the writers just collaborate with each other?
This was the real problem, letting the writers do whatever they wanted worked during the first few seasons because they were working with relatively blank slates, but when they started experimenting with continuity that model proved to be detrimental for the overall quality of the show, especially since no one knew how to write characters after Sugar left. That's why shows with a particular person in charge to control all the writers have handled continuity and consistency much better (e.g. Gravity Falls, and Steven Universe).
>>
>>78336479
50 YEARS AGO WE'D HAVE YOU UPSIDE DOWN
>>
>>78293640
I popped into this thread and wondered what the first reply would be. Thanks for proving my suspicion on how retarded some people can be.
>>
File: 49870498_p0.jpg (2 MB, 883x872) Image search: [Google]
49870498_p0.jpg
2 MB, 883x872
>>78326464
>>78296078

Lmfao, holy shit, I wish you people could hear yourselves. You're essentially mirroring the check your privilege crowd.

I am fine with AT. The writing and animation is very hit or miss, but it "philosophizing" doesn't bother me at all, it reflects on life, the human experience, and you can't just discount it because the writers aren't from sub-Saharan Africa or something. It's plenty authentic, but when retards are determined not to like it...well, what can you really do. Other than call them retarded.
>>
>>78337518
>but when retards are determined not to like it...well, what can you really do. Other than call them retarded.
Yeah, no. This is some fine shilling.
>>
>>78337518
Pretty much. The show got popular, especially with Reddit/Tumblr so now /co/ has to hate it. The same thing happened to Rick & Morty.
>>
>>78337689
Shills everywhere mang
>>
>>78294179
The lamp
>>
File: ouroboros.png (59 KB, 256x245) Image search: [Google]
ouroboros.png
59 KB, 256x245
>>78293621
>>
Speaking as a near complete outsider that only ever saw the pilot and decided the show wasn't for me, the vibe I get from the occasional post here an the internet in general is that the show stopped being about "adventure" and more about waifu-wars and possibly also lesbians?

I dunno who's to blame for that, the creators or the fanbase, but those cases it's usually both.
>>
>>78293621

Not directly; but the ever expanding demographics list sort of scrambled the show's priorities and caused it to sorta crash during S5, as well as Ward to all but leave and Muto to get overextended like a piece of taffy, causing quality control to suffer.
>>
File: hugs.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hugs.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>78328514
why would you wanna change the great bro relationship they have already
>>
File: speedyturts - A Finn.png (99 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
speedyturts - A Finn.png
99 KB, 540x540
>>78341178
I'd take him desu. Pussy ass writers
>>
>>78341178
They never freaking hang out, ever.
I'd go for anything that allowed Finn and Marceline to have a fucking conversation again, the stuff we got in Stakes was like tossing some crumbs to a dog that starved to death two years ago.
>>
>>78341267
he's mine, ho
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.