[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Barbie , whats up with the toons yall?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: post-5642-0-24634200-1450433397.png (50 KB, 1200x774) Image search: [Google]
post-5642-0-24634200-1450433397.png
50 KB, 1200x774
So we all knoe cartoons in the kodern day and age are subsidized by merchandise. For example. Young Justice, Beware the Batman, Green Lantern the Animated Series, Batman the Brave and the Bold and BTAS were all created by Mattel to shill there DC merchandise (technically they paid WB to make the cartoons and told them what to advertise)

Given the living GOD that is Barbie, why hasn't it spawned a multi era media franchise like TMNT, Transformers, Hot Wheels or Gi Joe.

Going by sales figure Barbie could support an entire CHANNEL by herself, yet all she got wee shitty dtvs and Life in the Dreamhouse.

Where are all the Barbie comics? The Canceled Greg Weisman cartoon. The mid to okay live.action film with a shitty sequel? The modern reboot series by some low tier indie publisher that needs to bring back listened nostalgia books because it's creatively bankrupt? The batshit crazy Japanese version?
>>
Chances that this thread doesn't turn into a discussion of how Raquelle is best girl?
>>
>>78279755
Well,she is, not a thing to discuss.
>>78279668
Doesn't it have like a kazillion of straight to dvd movies? and a web series?
>>
>>78279668
>He never saw Extreme Destiny

The Becky scene still gets me
>>
>>78279668
I'm hello haven't you watched barbie and the magic of Pegasus? It's the best godamn film
>>
>>78279668
>Mattel
There's your answer. Mattel has historically sucked balls at managing their toy licenses or doing animated adaptations of their stuff. Their last major attempt was the 2000s He-Man cartoon, which turned out okay but was mismanaged into oblivion.
>>
Barbie has many many movies, just not in theaters. They are on TV often though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie_%28film_series%29
>>
There's the movies and Life in the dreamhouse
>>
Oh and I remember there being some traditionally animated barbie movies in the 80s/90s as well.
>>
It would be impossible to make a Barbie animated film anyway.
What could it be about?
>>
>>78281407
Less difficult to image when you realize she's basically Kim Possible
>>
>>78280786
>>78280635
>>78279853
>>78280869
>Co in charge of reading
>>
>>78281489
What about an interdimensional gate where all the barbies in different universes,
>>
>>78281619
I wouldn't mind it as a gag of some sort, but I kind of like how it was in Life in the Dreamhouse where all her jobs were canon too.
>>
>>78281407
if a decent movie based on LEGO could be made, i bet a barbie movie could be made
>>
>Uno

What else do they have except for the card game?
>>
>>78281914
That's all they really need. Every kid plays it growing up. And you can even combine multiple decks for larger groups without fucking things up too much.
>>
There was a comic and it was awful
>>
I'm surprised that MTG is doing so well. Maybe I'll get back into it or something.
>>
>>78279668
The only movie I remember was Princess and the Pauper since the guy who teaches Barbie is voiced by the same guy who voiced L in the English dub of Death Note.
>>
>>78285219
It's in a current golden n age since 2009, they stopped being up there own asses and now sell record breaking every year
>>
>>78279668
wtf monster high
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.