[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
File: kitty.png (724 KB, 931x397) Image search: [Google]
kitty.png
724 KB, 931x397
Can someone tell me what's wrong with Kitty's role in Guardians of the Galaxy? She's being portrayed as a responsible, mature and caring woman in a way she hadn't been portrayed since Mekanix. She's also showing her skills as a leader, something she never got to do in a serious way with the X-Men (WotXM portrayal of leadership was laughable like that issue where Storm comes back).

Is it because she wasn't chosen by Giffen or DnA back in the day? She was a forgotten C-list character that never got the spotlight in the franchise she was created after the 80s ended, just like all the other Guardians were. She's not like Iron Man or Captain Marvel who are A and B list respectively. Her only role in X-Men books outside of Claremont and Davis was always that of the girlfriend or the sidekick, she was never an important character until now and conversely her most important stories always happened to be in space. I bet Dan Abnett would not have had any problem with using her if he was allowed.

So why the hate for Kitty? I don't understand.
>>
>>78235539
>So why the hate for Kitty?

Comicbook fans hate change.
>>
I don't hate Kitty. I hate her relationship with Bendis' Starlord. I find it forced, senseless and stupid. Since that's the only reason why she's in the team and book, i despise her involvement with the team and her presence in the book.

The fact that Kitty fell in love for such a horrible version of Starlord, is taking his dick and doing his bidding is what ruins the whole thing. She basically traded her entire life to serve her manchild of a boyfriend.
>>
>Her only role in X-Men books outside of Claremont and Davis was always that of the girlfriend or the sidekick

Guess what she is in GotG? She's Starlord's bitch. She stopped her life to fulfill his role because he had better things to do at the moment.
>>
>>78235647
>>78235723
But that's not ture in the slightest. She barely talks about Peter in Guardians. They have interacted exactly once and that was in a fight. She's not Starlord's bitch and she doesn't serve anyone, that's your own narrative.
>>
>>78235539
>what's wrong with Kitty's role in Guardians of the Galaxy?
I haven't liked Guardians since Bendis started writing it. Kitty being involved in it now won't change that.
I dislike her, I dislike Bendis, I dislike this book.
>>
>>78235789

They're in disagreement because of his role as a King, but she's leading the team in his absence because she loves him and is doing his job for him.

Other than that the other writers only know how to writer as the mature and caring jew mother, specially by Brian Bendis. So her being mature and caring is nothing new. That has been her only traits for ages now.
>>
>>78235871
>but she's leading the team in his absence because she loves him and is doing his job for him.

again this was never stated anywhere, it's you filling the blanks

and she was extremely immature during Whedon and specially Aaron's run. Even under Bendis when he was in X-Men. Pretty different from what's portrayed in these three issues so far.
>>
>>78235539
Thanks for the pasta retard
>>
>>78235953

She as never immature in Bendis' X-Men. She was just a judgmental bitch.

Either way, Bendis sucks, his Guardians of the Galaxy suck and Kitty/Starlord suck.
>>
>>78236000
So all that hate because of a ship where you are doing all the narrative instead of seen what's happening in the book?

Okay.
>>
Am I supposed to be mad or angry?
>>
>>78235539
Fuck off.
>>
>>78235539
>>78235624
>>78235789
>>78235871
>>78236171
Honestly no one wants to discuss this, you're like the only person who likes Kitty/Star-Lord to a fanatical degree and you can't make anyone like it so unless you're doing it for troll purposes do yourself a favor and find another place to talk about it and stop shitting up the board.
>>
>>78236171
Different anon. He might "fill in the blanks"
because FUCKING NOTHING IS HAPPENING IN THE GARBAGE OF THE GALAXY

Kitty is Starlord's ladyboy

also
>she never got to do in a serious way with the X-Men
Do this world a favor and kill yourself

You don't even deserve a bump
>>
>>78238297
I didn't even mentioned Starlord in my OP. You people are the ones who keep bringing him up and making it a shipping thing. I like her current position in the book and can't understand why other would just irrationaly hate her when she's not doing anything wrong.

But since you are the second one mentioning it, I guess the answer is just because of shipping. Good to know.
>>
You... think Kitty was C-List?
She tended to be fairly important in X-centric titles, and has had a solid presence for the last few decades.

Professor Kitty was a more interesting, and relevant role for her, so it was a little frustrating to see her pulled away from that. But ultimately the annoyance isn't at Kitty In Space but at Bendis' writing of her as a serious and frumpy foil to Starlords antics.
Plus, she's yet again being focused on by him as a love interest primarily. The repetition of it just feels... creepy.
>>
>>78238398
she can't do anything wrong, because she's not doing anything, except spreading her legs for The Thing
>>
>>78235953
Whedon was also a terrible Kitty writer. Whedon and Bendis both have this awkwardly... "childish mature" Kitty. She acts like a child who is trying to ape maturity.
>>
>>78235539
Guessing she's in space because Bendis doesn't want his waifu becoming sterile from the terrigan mists fogging up on earth.
>>
File: peters.jpg (69 KB, 538x319) Image search: [Google]
peters.jpg
69 KB, 538x319
>>78238349
>Starlord's ladyboy
By caveat really, Bobby learned that the hard way.
>>
>>78238349
>when did she showed her leadership skills in X-Men then. Give me one issue where she was completely in control leading a team.

>>78238430
She was never important in X-titles, she was just there. Professor Kitty was extremely shit and proof of that. Aaron used her just for comedy purposses or to justify his fetishes and the O5 thing was a glorified title since she never taught them anything they used later.

>Plus, she's yet again being focused on by him as a love interest primarily.

Once again, the love interest thing hasn't even been metioned in the last two issues. But as the fourth one mentioning it, I guess your problem with it is just shipping and that's sad.

>>78238464
She's leading the team. I don't understand your definition of doing something you want forced drama? is that it?

>>78238478
Kitty isn't acting like a child in Guardians. Where exactly is she doing it and how
>>
>>78238398
You know who you are, you always cry about KittyQuill and you did that thread crying about Kitty not having the Star-Lord costume anymore in that solicit and asking if /co/ was happy about it and how they couldn't wait for one arc.

You might as well tripfag now because you're incredibly obvious.
>>
>>78239080
I saw that thread and actually asked this same question there but only got pasta and actually one answer about shipping. Stop being so paranoid.
>>
File: Moebius23.jpg (338 KB, 900x1053) Image search: [Google]
Moebius23.jpg
338 KB, 900x1053
kitty is merely a symptom of the condition affecting the gaurdians at the moment: bendis.

>She's being portrayed as a responsible, mature and caring woman

listen to me. nobody fucking cares. nobody. all we want is good fucking writing. do you know how many forgettable characters were hamfistidly shoved in the DNA run of gaurdians? and do you know why people dont bitch about it? because the fucking writing was good. bendis could have made kitty marry fucking groot and as long as it was well executed people would be fucking fine with it.
>>
Because people here do nothing but bitch
>>
>>78238297
Why do you gotta dress like on of them goth chicks?
>>
>>78239366
Okay, new question then. What exactly is wrong with current Guardians book? I know plenty of people forget to read that important word: Current. I don't care about what Bendis did in the previous volume. In many ways he was lost and maybe that was because he was new and didn't know what to do but in the current volume I have noticed a lot of things have improved. What is he doing that's making his book bad?
>>
>>78239548

>What exactly is wrong with current Guardians book?

fucking nothing and everything goddamnit. im not gonna sit here and explain to you why bad writing isn't good.
>>
>>78239548
It's literally a meme book that promotes an SJW agenda and has to be stopped.
>>
>>78235539
They don't hate her, after all she's a far better leader than Rocket racoon.
>>
>>78238464
She with Ben Grimm now?
When did that happen?
>>
>Bens been calling women broads since forever.
>He's old school- he obviously means nothing by it. A verbal tic I'd you will
>THATS SEXIST! -says super special new starlord of the galaxy kitty pryde
>bendtits self congratulates himself for her being an OUTSPOKEN WOMAN

It was an unecessary addition to a page that only dragged it out.
Just. Yknow. Padding.
That thing Bendydick is famous for.
Because he cant obviously write for shit.
>>
My main problem with this run is more that they went to all the trouble to flat out steal a character from Spawn and drop her after three issues.
>>
>>78244786
What's even point of her being in Marvel? Why did they buy her out?
>>
>>78244799
Because Galman is a faggot. Seriously, though, I have no idea. She's Asgardian now or something, but did she even show up in Whor?
>>
>>78244836
In her first book, no. She's on cover of some upcoming issue.
>>
>>78238606
fuck you and your revisionist history. if you want to troll someone, troll CBR, they will be more than oblige to hand your ass to you. you obviously have some strange agenda going on here.
>>
>>78243840
ay gevalt, she's not with him. she just spreads her legs to The Thing during dangerous battles
>>
>>78235539
I am willing to give her a shot at the role for one reason: Her best friend is a inter dimensional teleporter, demon goddess, Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo and owns an entire dimension of demonic monsters that do anything she tells them to..

But so far Kitty is doing things on her own, without the help of her BFF who is second only to Dr Doom in being a invincible badass. So i'll give her some slack.
>>
>>78244855
Tell me where I'm wrong then. So far all of you have only recurred to insults which is a clear sign of not knowing what to respond.
>>
The only problem is that she is in a shit book. She should have joined the Starjammers.
>>
>>78245247
What? No. Stop with such nonsense thinking.
>>
>Leader
>Leading the team
>Leader
>Leading the team

I know it sucks, but has a single poster here read the book? She's no the field leader. It's Rocket Raccoon, just like in the previous volume after Secret Invasion.
>>
>>78245181
You are wrong, because you are bendisfag.
>>
>>78245247
This. So much this. Fuck Garbage of the Galaxy
>>
>>78245181
What you don't get is that if you like the idea of Kitty being in GOTG, then you are obviously not worth any effort in serious discussion. So it's more entertaining to take a dump on you.
>>
>>78245553
No serious reason then. Okay
>>
>>78245578
Yes. And you can fuck off and return to reddit or wherever you came.
>>
>>78245045
You sound very hipsterish.
>>
Is she a boring almost perfect girl in this run? Meaning she rarely fucks up? or her flaw and insecurities rarely shows?
>>
>>78245838
Too soon to say, but she couldn't prevent Gamora being captured, so her leadership isn't exactly perfect.
>>
>>78235539
>why the hate for Kitty
It's very clear that the writer is pushing his waifu on the readers. The whole reason she's in that forced as fuck relationship with Star-Lord in the first place is because he wanted to keep writing her after his X-Men run had ended.
>>
>>78245925
She's not the fucking leader. How many times must this be said
>>
>>78235539
It's because the DnAfags are butthurt Peter chose Kitty instead of their waifu Mantis or their husbando Rider. Look at the answers here, it's pitiful.
>>
>>78246116
Fuck off shill, Bendis has fucking bastardized and ruined everything good about the Guardians and replaced them with his basic bitch mary sue and fuck you mantisxpeter is perfect.
>>
>>78235539
First of all, I don't "dislike" Kitty, or her role in GotG. I simply don't care (which is probably worse than a dislike).

For me, GotG is dead, and has been since after the Thanos imperative when Bendis got his hands on the team.

Prior to that, when they were a cosmic team, and their only contact with earth hero's were Rich and Wendell, that was fine.

Star-Lord was a jaded, war hardened, still wise cracking but mature leader.

Rocket was a strategist, and despite being overwhelmed at the situations he found himself in, he overcame via strategy, not "bang, murdered you."

Drax was a cosmic force focused on killing Thanos, and a galaxy-renowned warrior. He also had that father-daughter relationship with Cammi and Moondragon. Now he's mostly just a brute.

Gamorra was actually dangerous, rarely jobbed and was a bit of a wild card.

Shit, I remember when Groot talked. Also, after that, he was royalty. Now he's just Drax with less lines.

There was also Mantis, Moondragon, Phyla, Major Victory, Adam Warlock, the Bug guy.

And the best part? For a comic book, they got into some mature situations. Phyla died. Moondragon got inpregnated by Cthulu. Warlock switched personalities and killed everyone. Drax kept ripping Thanos heart out.

That all ended with Bendis and the movie. Plus, bringing Peter and Drax back after Thanos Imperative was kind of a kick in the dick, especially after reading the explanation.

So essentially, GotG is dead to me. Doesn't matter who's in it. And I like Kitty. I like Flash-Venom, Carol-Marvel and the Thing. If you want I can cite specific books and arcs that I really liked them as part of. But if you wanna throw them all in a group together, make up a new team. It's almost as insulting as the race or gender pandering.
>>
>>78245289
I have zero problems with Kitty in this series. Angela, only getting a cameo at best, on the other hand, is a tragedy.
>>
>>78235624
>another idiot using "they just hate change" strawman existing to justify any change no matter good or bad
I swear, I wish all of you died already.
>>
>>78246462
This right here. Perfect.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.