[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that dark knight returns had one of the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Can we all agree that dark knight returns had one of the most terrifying incarnations of batman?

I mean batman is somewhat intimidating most of the time. But jesus hes fucking terrifying in this story. Hes huge as fuck and ripped. Dude looks like he could tear your head off like paper. But hes not slow, oh no. Hes inhumanly fast. And lets talk about how merciless he is. He still wont kill but man he will fuck you up badly.

He is fucking terror incarnate. I wish more stories tried similar depictions.
>>
File: Miller.jpg (545 KB, 1280x2023) Image search: [Google]
Miller.jpg
545 KB, 1280x2023
He's the most intimidating but he's not terrifying.
Miller's Year One bats was more terrifying to criminals, especially the page where he's tormenting that one criminal who testifies against the dirty cop.
>>
>>78215576
LOL! Batman pissed himself in that moment LMAO!
>>
>>78215576
>Not terrifying

Are you kidding me? I shit my pants when he grabbed and beat the everliving shit out of that one pimp. From a fucking car roof especially.
>>
>>78215618
Now watch Kevin Smith defense force saying that it's "humanizing" and not a cheap gag.
>>
Really OP, the best way to make bats intimidating is a good artist, good design and to show him in action from the perspective of the criminals hes hunting. Thats where his terror shines.
>>
File: 13857406845356.jpg (2 MB, 2369x2375) Image search: [Google]
13857406845356.jpg
2 MB, 2369x2375
Bump. I dont want the thread to die.
>>
>>78215650
Eh, in a way, it's both. It's realistic, but Batman's human enough. He doesn't need "humanizing".
>>
>>78215517
>I wish more stories tried similar depictions.
Same, imho the more villainess batman is the better. I like when he literally isnt any better than the "actual" villains, but because he thinks he has a moral code that he's better than them.
>>
>>78218286
>he literally isnt any better than the "actual" villains
Except for the fact that he dedicated his whole life to fighting crime, but whatever.
>>
>>78218286
Villainous means like a villain

Villainess means female villain
>>
>>78218351
Shit, thanks for the correction, I was stumbling over that one

>>78218315
>to fighting crime, but whatever.
Yeah, but he just kicks the shit out of people 24/7
>inb4 but they did it 1st to innocentttt people
>>
Thomas Wayne as Batman pretty scary tbqh
>>
File: Batfleck 3.gif (3 MB, 540x550) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck 3.gif
3 MB, 540x550
>>78215517
>>
>>78218465
this for sure.
>>
>>78218418
Are you retarded? They deserve it. No way you start beating, tormenting and murdering innocent people and say that its villainous or bad when you get whats coming to you.

Not to mention beating them down prevents them from hurting many others.

Oh wait youre just shitposting. Take it somewhere else.
>>
>>78218481
I wasnt against affleck in the beginning like some were, but I definitely wasn't expecting him to end up looking that big. so excited.
>>
>>78218481
I hope we get some good fight scenes with him. If hes based on Miller's batman I want to see the same super fast, brutal fighting style and cold calculation.
>>
>>78218766

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/401207-batman-v-superman-fight-choreographer-talks-epic-battle#/slide/1
>Now Batman is going to fight the way I’ve always dreamed seeing him fight,” Grispo boasts.
“He’s a character so prepared in martial arts that you can do a lot of things with him, but filmmakers usually don’t go all the way with it. Even in the last Nolan movies the action scenes aren’t very good from a technical, martial arts point of view to things like choreography, filming, bad camera movements…”

It's gunna be good
>>
>>78218803
Is there an exact date for this? Im kinda hype.
>>
>>78218865
May 16th I think.
>>
>>78218865
Jesus, what rock have you been sleeping under?
>>
>>78221019
Im sorry anon I just havent been keeping up. I looked it up and watched all the trailers a while ago. Am I caught up?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.