[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Jones why don't you just kill Kilgrave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: gordon1.jpg (11 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
gordon1.jpg
11 KB, 250x187
Jessica Jones why don't you just kill Kilgrave
>>
Batman why don't you just kill Gordon
>>
OP why didn't you listen to her when she answered this multiple times in the show?
>>
Jessica Jones why don't you learn chinese and make friends with a bunch of non-english-speaking gooks so you can all beat up Kilgrave's ass?
>>
Flash why don't you speed your way out of every problem?

Oh wait...
>>
File: dammitjessica.png (24 KB, 1152x665) Image search: [Google]
dammitjessica.png
24 KB, 1152x665
>>
File: vs.png (274 KB, 515x339) Image search: [Google]
vs.png
274 KB, 515x339
who would win?
>>
she did what are you talking about
>>
>>78214360
Amelia for sure
>>
Is Jessica Jones the only good thing Bendis ever actually contributed to in anyway?
>>
Because she wanted to torture him. It was pretty obvious she didn't care about justice.
>>
>>78213946
> DD
"Man I really want to kill the Kingpin" to "No I can't kill the Kingpin, he has to face justice."

> JJ
"We need to bring Killgrave down legally and we can't kill him." to "I'm gonna rip Killgrave's head off."
>>
Jeb Bush why don't you just kill Donald Trump?
>>
>>78214079
now here comes the question

what if the person kilgraves talks to doesn't speak english? does his powers still work?

what happens if he asks something impossible? what if he changes his language, does it still have an effect?

so why doesn't sign language work?
>>
>>78214554
DD WILL ALWAYS BE THE SUPERIOR SHOW
ALWAYS
>>
>>78214580

well it clearly depends on the person's interpretation of the command

so if they don't understand what he says, it presumably doesn't work
>>
Both of the shows had pacing issues and were about 3 episodes too long.
>>
>>78214619

really

I thought daredevil rushed the ending
>>
>>78214554
'Cause Hope died. So her reason for keeping him alive was gone. Were you paying attention?
>>
>>78214554
The only reason Jessica didn't want to kill Kilgrave was so Hope wouldn't have to rot in prison for what Kilgrave made her do. After Hope removed herself from the equation there was no reason to keep him alive anymore. It's not like out of nowhere she just decided to kill him.
>>
>>78214922
>>78215097

I didn't say it didn't make sense. I was just noting how they did a complete 180 with how to handle their villains in the first Netflix show to the second.
>>
>>78214580
>what if the person kilgraves talks to doesn't speak english? does his powers still work?
If they don't understand what he's saying, no

>what happens if he asks something impossible?
Then they don't do it. Or they try and fail

>what if he changes his language, does it still have an effect?
If they understand it, yes

>so why doesn't sign language work?
Presumably it would if they understand sign language. His power makes people susceptible to his influence. It doesn't necessarily have to be something said in English. He could probably write down a command and have it work as well as long as they're already exposed
>>
Killgrave doesn't need to speak the same language to be understood. Most people will understand him holding his palm up and pushing it forward to mean "stop". Or pointing his finger down and spinning in a circle to mean "turn around".

Most of the time though, he made sure he wasn't alone. In a crowd, in NYC, he can always order a crowd to attack JJ or each other, or to all commit suicide. Which is enough distraction to make an escape.
>>
>>78213946
The dumb part is, she didn't have to.

She won when she had him locked up in the room. She won, she found his parents, had tapes about his experiments, and had a support group full of victims who could testify. She won, all she had to do was bring the parents to literally anywhere and they could explain to another scientist how it worked. They could have zapped him unconscious, taken air samples and proven it with his virus, she had won, the fight was over. He was locked up, she could prove her case, get hope out, nobody else had to die, they had won.

And then for some goddamn reason, instead of taking these scientists to a lab or police station or literally anywhere, she stuck them in with him for... well, lets be honest, because they had a few more episodes they needed to fill, and JJ just plain wasn't well written.
>>
>>78215237
This man understands comics

Killgrave's powers aren't mind control, it's more like Extreme Persuassion
>>
>>78215237
Remember that part where he tried to buy that guys house and the guy just said no? Why did that happen?
>>
>>78217727
clearly you don't pay attention to tv shows you are watching

he was trying to NOT use his powers
that way, there would be no funny or suspicious trail like

"HEY, why did I just give this guy my house?" Why is there a random brit living where that other guy used to live?
>>
>>78217763
It must be really hard for him to talk to people normally without using his powers.
>>
>>78217763
I think it was also partially because he wanted to "prove" to Jessica that he cared enough to buy and renovate her house without "cheating"
>>
Almost all of Kilgrave's henchmen are mind controlled, but if there's one thing that slipped by me it was this: how much was the private security firm that worked under him supposed to know about what he was doing and how much were they being persuaded by Kilgrave chemicals
>>
>>78217794
No it wasn't
He lied about "proving his love"

He said that because he knew his powers didn't work on her

He was tricking her
>>
File: 1901 - Amelia_Bedelia.jpg (149 KB, 340x670) Image search: [Google]
1901 - Amelia_Bedelia.jpg
149 KB, 340x670
>>78214360
casual reminder that technically worksafe is the best worksafe.
>>
>>78215237
Okay how about this.
What if he commands someone to jump whenever he holds his hand up and then goes behind a wall where they can't see him and he holds his hand up.
Do they jump? What happens if they don't and find out they disobeyed? What if He tells them his hand is up but it really isnt?
>>
>>78218621
the demands have to be direct
they have to KNOW the hand is up in order to go through with the command
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.