[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
literally find a single mistake in this film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 485x303
literally find a single mistake in this film
>>
>>78190598
We didn't see Cavill's cock.
>>
>>78190598
The tornado scene, they used 30 year old cavill instead of 12 year old clark.
Other than that, nothing desu
>>
>>78190616
this
>>
>>78190598
in the tornado scene Pa Kent is supposed to be silently motioning Clark not to come after him, but you can clearly see his lips moving and he is saying "Carrie" instead of "stop, invisible son"

this was a blooper that Lucas allowed into the final cut because he knew he could fix it digitally 35 years later
>>
>>78190598
It called itself a Superman film
>>
File: Maybe.jpg (269 KB, 696x4010) Image search: [Google]
Maybe.jpg
269 KB, 696x4010
>>
>>78190598
The shaky camera and unnecessary zooms. I mean this is a snyder movie, it's suppose to look good, not like they forgot to use a tripod
>>
>>78190598
The dialogue.

Most if not all of it lands like an iron turd.
>>
>>78190946

This is hilarious
>>
>>78190598
superman doesn't kill
>>
>>78190598

as someone who has MoS in his top 5 comicbook adaptions, I gotta say

>pacing is off
>lois is a shit-tier character in this and is literally everywhere
>tornado scene should've been better (have clark be younger or pa kent dying some other way)
>>
File: thread bait.jpg (584 KB, 1342x1528) Image search: [Google]
thread bait.jpg
584 KB, 1342x1528
have fun
>>
>>78190598
You know what annoyed me most about that neck-snapping thing?

How could he snap the dude's neck if the entire dilemma came from that he couldn't move his head?
>>
The structure of the flashbacks kills the pacing in service of random vignettes. Every time something is about to start happening for the first two acts of the movie Snyder drops a random flashback in with no actual connection to what’s going on in the main narrative.

Dank memes aside MoS has actual issues as a movie.
>>
>>78191303
true desu
and I love MoS
>>
>>78191643
I just hate how MoSfags treat like a completely perfect film all of the time.
>>
>>78191460
He could have killed him at any time. It was when Zod said "Never" that he realized there was no other way it could end.
>>
>>78191786
That's the opposite of what I've seen. I'll acknowledge the few flaws that MoS has, but every time someone finds a random, minor, intricate mistake, they expect people to accept that it's worse than the 2015 Fantastic Four movie.

It's an 8 or 9/10 movie.
>>
>>78191851

>MoS
>9/10

Crack is wack, anon. At beast it's a 7 and that's being as generous as humanly possible.
>>
>>78191851
No, it's not as terrible as shit like Fantastic Four from the 90s, or Catwoman or Steel, movies like that, but it's flaws are fucking numerous and unavoidable.

It's a shitty movie and it fails entirely on its own merits.
>>
I really really wish you'd stop making these bait threads.
>>
>>78191460
>You know what annoyed me most about that neck-snapping thing?

That he could have just freeze breathed his head instead?
>>
File: Faora.webm (2 MB, 854x360) Image search: [Google]
Faora.webm
2 MB, 854x360
>>78190598
She's gone forever...
>>
>>78191816
No, I mean, how was it physically possible? He killed Zod by snapping his head to the side, but the whole point was that Zod was so strong that Superman couldn't get him to even avert his gaze.
>>
>>78190598
trying to cram too much into one movie?

there was 2 movies worth of material there and it was choppy as all hell

enjoyable overall I guess, just too much shit going on
>>
>>78190946
What are you getting at?
>>
>>78191643
hm, will have to look for that next time I see it
>>
>>78192046
Have you never encountered something that was too stiff to be moved, but once you put even a bit too much force it snappped?
>>
>>78192046
Superman needed to get angry enough to hulk out
>>
File: fancy eradicator.jpg (438 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fancy eradicator.jpg
438 KB, 1280x720
>>78190598
>Not enough well written humor
>Not enough humor in general
>Human dad put son and wife through horrible emotional scarring to save a dog.
>Why didn't Zod just terraform Mars?
>Superman is told he can literally save them all
>proceeds to murder all Kryptonians
>hundreds if not thousands die in metropolis
>annoying amount of product placement I could do without
>They seriously underutilized Cavill's charmingness for 3/4's of the film.
>CGI in final fight is a little rubbery at points
>Kryptonians send criminals to prison in penis missles.
Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but no work is flawless.
>>
>>78191902
>>78191925
>its flaws are numerous and unavoidable
Every single time I see you guys claiming that there are tons of flaws, none of which you can ever name. You just predicate all of your arguments on a false premise.
>>
>>78192143

Like it would be one thing if the flashbacks had any raltion to waht was going on in the current scene , but it's just random stiched-together bits that come at random intervals because Snyder still seems to think he's making Watchmen.

MoS is full of shit like that. The Krypton scene is the third act of a movie we weren't watching so Goyer makes the entire scene awkward exposition. Clark has no actual character until he gets the suit, which you could argue was an intentional choice with how Lois is investigating reports of him like he's The Hulk but that only works if we only see it from her perspective. Instead Snyder splits the difference and Clark is a mythologised savior but he's also a person we're following who has maybe three lines of dialogue in the first hour of the movie with no personality.

I don't hate MoS. I think there's a lot of excellent moments and for all the issues I think it succeeds at what its' trying to do. But people trying to argue its some kind of autuerist masterpiece are lunatics or shitposters, it's got big fucking issues that have nothing to do with NOT MUH SUPES.
>>
>>78192153
read
>>78192046
>>
File: url.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>>78192046
World of cardboard anon. Superman's a complete pussy until he's forced to not be.
>>
>>78192364
Here's something I wrote about it a while ago which I saved for posterity.

>The cast is underutilized, Lois Lane was worthless and her dialogue was fucking atrocious.

While the destruction of Smallville and Metropolis and even Superman killing Zod at the end were perfectly fine concepts on their own, the fact that neither of them were explored or analyzed to give the audience a chance to think about them is was the nail in the fucking coffin. This movie really wants to be the thinking man's superhero movie but there's way to much emphasis on the action for it to stop and actually fucking think about its story and characters. And the brief times that it does are laughably short and very poorly thought out, such as Jonathon Kent committing suicide to try and teach Clark a lesson he wouldn't end up taking to heart anyway, or the most pretentious and on the nose Jesus imagery that we've seen since...well, the last Superman reboot.

It's not that the action is bad, it's not, but there's too fucking much of it and not enough character development.
>>
>>78190598
The worst offender is the incredibly ham-handed Jesus allegory that's spammed throughout the film. There are other problems, but it's the worst.
>>
>>78190891
>Lucas
>>
>>78190598
Its got an excellent cast and a perfectly suited director, and a script that makes you want to stab all of them.
>>
>>78192352
>Kryptonians send criminals to prison in penis missles.

I feel bad that i laughed out loud at this in the theater.

I mean it wasn't that loud, but still.
>>
>>78192811
>Carrie
>>
>>78192026
One of the few redeeming quality of MoS.
She is not dead, they just threw her away into Negative Zone.
>>
>>78191396
all too often these bingos are clearly taking a side, I like the neutrality of this one
>>
File: michaelrosenbaum.jpg (60 KB, 501x600) Image search: [Google]
michaelrosenbaum.jpg
60 KB, 501x600
The neck-snap is the core event around which the rest of the plot circulates.

A deep crescendo bursts and Zod's neck snaps. A sourceless
burst of white lens flare comfortably blurs the image for a handsome, bloodless death.
Then he drops to the floor, his disrupted heat vision fading like the ember peals of dusk or a cig butt going out.

Now Superman, an outer space alien identical to a handsome human man with superpowers is silent a while, contemplating the moral implications of murder.
Snyder has nothing to say about this, for all the films allusions to a deeper consideration of ultra-powered hunks, and cuts shortly to Superman's post-cum scream.

The music tingles and bursts in clusters like the neural signals which sustain the post-orgasm sensation.

The scream lasts about ten seconds.

Turning to his elected human bride Superman is sordid and spoiled, on his knees, hands clasped at the crotch, breathing heavy like a kid whose mom just walked in on him.

He presses his teary face to her womb and presses his dirty hands against her hips and presses onto her an inward ideal of his own lost mother.

That's right! It was the ole oedipal fable all along.

In amidst the debris and the greyish earth tones there was also an extended Sears catalogue as many have noted.
>>
>>78190598

Pa Kent
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
Not enough supermilf.
>>
>>78190598
He didn't snap enough necks.
>>
>>78193978
It's really not all that neutral.
>>
>>78190598
Pa scene. I'm fine with everything else. This was the Superman movie I've been wanting since STAS.
>>
>>78192364
> none of which you can ever name.
People have typed out entire dissertations. Just going "Nope" and pulling an Aaron Diaz doesn't make those points stop existing.

Here's one: The characterization (such as there is) is not supported by the narrative. Characters act arbitrarily for the individual scenes to work, but when you put them in the context of the greater work a lot of their actions make little to no sense.

That and the dialogue is 90% exposition.
>>
File: I don't wike it.gif (937 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
I don't wike it.gif
937 KB, 245x245
Lois threatened to get into a dick measuring contest with the general guy, but they never actually got out their dicks and compared them.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.