[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We post the best choices for various lanterns, the catch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: Best Red Lantern.jpg (42 KB, 258x500) Image search: [Google]
Best Red Lantern.jpg
42 KB, 258x500
ITT: We post the best choices for various lanterns, the catch is that they cannot have been a lantern before in major comics
>who they are
>which lantern color

Pic is Jason Todd, I think he'd make a better Red Lantern than most
>>
File: captain-america.png (188 KB, 400x630) Image search: [Google]
captain-america.png
188 KB, 400x630
Can it be characters other than DC?

I think Cap would either be a Blue Lantern of Hope or a Green Lantern of Willpower.

I really hate the concept of "hope" power, but this is a pretty common sense choice for the Captain America. America, he's about freedom and liberty, doesn't have "powers," but gets a lot of his reputation from what he stands for. In video games, he commonly gives other characters buffs from his "leadership" quality, you can say that he inspires hope in his teammates.
>>
>>78170549
hell yeah

and I could see him as a blue, especially since he's big on defusing situations that are over the top (in most scenarios) nd the blues are the only ones who can remove a reds ring safely
>>
File: Nova1adigranov.jpg (97 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
Nova1adigranov.jpg
97 KB, 700x1050
>implying it isn't Dick Rider
>>
>>78170691
who
>>
File: 18-captain-america-reborn-5.jpg (222 KB, 592x900) Image search: [Google]
18-captain-america-reborn-5.jpg
222 KB, 592x900
>>78170549

I would like to make a better case for Cap being a Green Lantern of Willlpower.

Hope is all about not giving up when your down; and I feel Cap does that. However, I feel that he goes beyond that. He is always actively trying to fight conflict, not just wishing it will go away. Willpower I would take to mean facing conflict even without hope, which Cap does in spades. He continues fighting through sheer force of will. A Green Lantern is also supposed to be able to not let his emotions distract him from the task at hand. Cap does get upset, but in combat, he's pure strategy.
>>
File: 3444026-0846009747-25495.jpg (175 KB, 1024x772) Image search: [Google]
3444026-0846009747-25495.jpg
175 KB, 1024x772
>>78170754
DICK RIDER
I
C
K

R
I
D
E
R
>>
>>78170549
I think that the BLs were saved with the caveat that they need to be near a Green ring to have any offensive capability
>>
>>78170782
cap would also make a great black lantern
because he's dead
>>
>>78170691
so as a red...or what
>>
bampin
>>
Hulk with a red ring
>the whole anger/rage thing

I could see Venom, Carnage, or a symbiote with a yellow ring
>being spooky looking, carnivorous, and murderous

And Doom would make well with an orange ring
>>
>>78171841
holy christ i forgot
hulk with a red would be terrifying

I feel like the symbiotes (at least carnage) would be orange. Greedy, hungry, etc
Doom yeah. True
>>
>>78170064
He's about to be joining Sinestro Corps. so I don't think he counts as never being a Lantern.
>>
>>78171908
he is?
wait what where when
fear in Jason is so....Robin and not Red Hood
>>
>>78171908
I thought that was Damien....
>>
File: Spectre_-_Hal_Jordan.jpg (12 KB, 296x486) Image search: [Google]
Spectre_-_Hal_Jordan.jpg
12 KB, 296x486
I think he'd make for a great Green Lantern.
>>
Punisher for White Lantern.
>>
>>78172803
sprectre? isn't spectre OP already?
>>
>>78172825
>power of life itself
>guy who kills people
hm
>>
>>78172825
>implying he wouldn't be a yellow lantern
>>
Imma throw one out of right field
Scarlet Withc for Purple, compassion
>>
Would Harley be a violet or orange?
>>
>>78172870
>>78173046
There was some ancient thread and train went
>Frank is angry
>Frank hopes for better world
>Frank has willpower not to give up
>Frank scares fuck out of everyone
>Frank loves his family
and such. So, White Lantern Frank.
>>
>>78173102
>Starts slaughtering his fellow corpsmen when he realizes who comprises the YLC
I would read it
>>
>>78173132
Indigo Tribe for that childkiller.
>>
File: CxgL0BHh.jpg (97 KB, 1024x557) Image search: [Google]
CxgL0BHh.jpg
97 KB, 1024x557
>>78170920
I can easily see him having a green ring
>>
>>78173155
wrong post friend
but i would read the shit out of it too

same with if some universe had Joker leading the Yellows and Jason-redux leading the Reds
that would be amazing
>>
>>78172803

I never used to understand why everyone acted like Hal wasn't around when Kyle was the main Green Lantern. He was Specter. As a kid I loved Hal being Specter more than I did him being Green Lantern.

>>78172840

It's Hal. Hal used to be Specter.
>>
>>78173200
ah, aight
I only know specter from injustice, and in that he's OP as fuck
>>
Bunker as a Star Sapphire.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.