[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comic book piracy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: DCP.jpg (11 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
DCP.jpg
11 KB, 150x150
What do you think /co/?
>>
>>78155964
Saves people time, money, and space, as well as exposing them to titles they never would've felt comfortable spending cash to check out. And let's be honest: it's never going to stop, unless they stop making scanners. How badly does it affect the companies' bottom lines?
>>
>>78155964
It's fine as long as you pick out the ones you really like and buy trades to support them. King + Seeley were so happy to sign my Grayson V1 at NYCC
>>
>>78156122
Not too badly,I should think.
Linking to a article

http://comicsalliance.com/comics-why-piracy-is-not-responsible-for-ruining-comics-op-ed/
>>
>>78155964

If I enjoy the book and want a physical copy, I'll buy it and start following it monthly.

If I don't well then I wasn't going to continue to buy it anyways.
>>
I only pirate. I don't care about "comics" as a medium so I feel no need to support it or read stories other than the ones with characters I like.

Same for animation
>>
File: 230 - faggot piracy pirate.jpg (96 KB, 687x819) Image search: [Google]
230 - faggot piracy pirate.jpg
96 KB, 687x819
Speaking as someone who pirates about 15-20 books a month and hasn't paid for a comic book for ten years...

Piracy is stealing, probably the least damaging kind of stealing but at the end of the day it's still theft. I mean if piracy somehow stopped existing I might still buy Saga but apart from that it's not a lost sale or anything, but at the same time I do recognise that it's immoral to enjoy people's work without compensating them, especially exasperated by the fact that I mostly buy creator owned stuff that sell four digit numbers and are on the verge of cancellation.

I fucking hate the mental hoops people go through to justify piracy;

>I'll buy the trades
>I only pirate bad comics
>Marvel and DC are big companies
>I pay for comics I like

Just shut the fuck up and enjoy your stolen comics you faggots, it's immoral but at the end of the day do you really give a fuck?
>>
>>78155964
Piracy increases the reader base more than decreasing sales. A lot of creators do support it and use it as a tool for promotion.
>>
>>78155964
Just like pirating everything else, I do it, I know it's wrong, but I don't really give a shit.
>>
>>78155964
Without them I wouldn't be able to read what I read and found out about comics that in the end I really like it. Althought it would be a lot better if scanner put in the cbr/cbz folders and not the fucking images, because dear lord, its a pain in the ass manually creating folder for each single issue. More its is a long as fuck series (like Birds of Prey)
>>
If it wasn't for piracy, there would be no way I'd have gotten into comics in the first place.
>>
>>78158643
Same here.
>>
>>78155964
If companies kept books in print it would probably be less of an issue. Is buying a used copy from a garage sale/comic book store any better for the industry than getting scans online? No, but with the money you saved from not buying he used copy, you could buy another book and actually give money to the industry.
>>
I also wouldn't have gotten into comics without piracy, but now I buy most of what I read, just because I like paper books.
>>
>>78155964
I'm cool with it.

I started out reading comics by pirating, now I'm buying the ones I'm interested in + the TPB of the comics I really liked.

If I didn't pirate I wouldn't have ever read or bought comics at all.
>>
Piracy is negligible in comics, we all want those sweet sweet TPB, HCs and Omnibuses. If I was still living hand to mouth buying capeshit singles with my lunch money I'd never acquire the sophisticated pirate taste, which led me to poorer selling titles and stuff outside the Big Two.
>>
>>78155964
I pay for the ones I like, voting with your dollar and all that. But I did begin pirating when I just couldn't find issues that I needed (old Silver Age flash was the jump off point).

When it was $100 to ship to issues from the U.S. or 5 minutes to download them, I downloaded them.
>>
Where do you guys download comics at?
>inb4 FBI
>>
>>78161007
Avaxhome, kat, tpb, Win-O'-Threads
>>
>>78155964
I think its great, who doesn't like free shit?
>>
File: stay mad nigga.jpg (105 KB, 471x500) Image search: [Google]
stay mad nigga.jpg
105 KB, 471x500
Best thing ever.
>>
File: 1438878216370s.jpg (6 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
1438878216370s.jpg
6 KB, 231x244
>>78157495
>Piracy is stealing
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.