[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RTT Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 61mz0QvfdpL.jpg (74 KB, 466x500) Image search: [Google]
61mz0QvfdpL.jpg
74 KB, 466x500
Do you remember me 4chan?
>>
>>78143618
no one remembers your snake biting ways ninja ways
>>
I saw this in 3rd grade and got upset because the snakes just wanted to protect their babies.
>>
If you check them, i strike

If you dont check them, i strike
>>
>>78143864
Then they should have fucked off.
>>
>>78143864
well they also wanted to kill the people first so...
>>
File: 11121273.jpg (48 KB, 628x500) Image search: [Google]
11121273.jpg
48 KB, 628x500
>>78143888
oooooooooo are you a hacker?
>>
>>78143888
trips have brought us nostalgia!
>>
>>78143907
>>78143919
I was like, 8. I barely remember it, but the wiki says the snakes were mad that the family was in their territory and were worried about their babies. On top of that
>While Nagaina is distracted by a female tailor bird Rikki destroys the cobra's unhatched brood of eggs except for one. He carries it to where Nagaina is threatening to bite the child Teddy while his parents watch helplessly. Nagaina, enraged, recovers her egg, but is pursued by Rikki-Tikki away from the house to the cobra's underground nest where an unseen final battle takes place. Rikki emerges triumphant from the hole declaring Nagaina dead.

I don't know how close the short is to the original story but damn that's cold. I'm still feeling bad for the snakes.
>>
Just watched it last week.

I had to laugh when he was backing away in terror from the snake, then the narrator goes "He was scared at first, but then he realized he's a fucking mongoose," then Rikki goes "Oh yeah," and starts hulking out.

As fun as I remember it.
>>
I remember the book. I didn't realize the snakes were sympathetic. I though the mongoose was just protecting the boy, similar to Lady and the Tramp vs the rat.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzGiZzfZjZc
>>
File: wildthing.jpg (41 KB, 818x718) Image search: [Google]
wildthing.jpg
41 KB, 818x718
mamma can stroke my wild thing any time
>>
>RIKKI TIKKI TAVI BIIIIIIITCH
>>
>>78144368
Good lord, the little guy is attuned to the fucking Speed Force.
>>
>>78143618

I do. I'm sure I have the VHS in a box somewhere. Not that I'd need it at this point thanks to the internet. >>78144368
>>
Saw this pretty recently with my little brother, and neither Rikki nor the snakes are played as completely innocent. The snakes are setting up for their family, but are killing to do so. Rikki is defending the family, sure, but he's mostly acting on his instinct and nature to kill snakes. IIRC he even goes out and hunts one down as opposed to acting in defense.

Good movie though
>>
File: 1344307229511.png (37 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
1344307229511.png
37 KB, 241x230
>>78143888
goddamn snake wizardry
>>
>>78143618
I had this on VHS.
Then I brought it to school because the story was in our literature book.
>>
>>78144368

Totally forgot about Orson Welles. Sounds like he recorded that in a phone booth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH1PJTY9AVA
>>
>>78144198
It's an imperialism metaphor. Some guys come in and take over the place, original inhabitants get pissed and fight back until they're eventually put down and put in their place by the morally, physically and mentally superior conquerors.
>>
>>78143618
Yes. I suggested that you be the mascot for /co/mmunity /co/llege, and so it was.
>>
Are you that Squirrel that kept trying to break that but but never could, not even after dropping off a very high building?
>>
>>78144198
>>78145704

Well, Rudyard Kipling was pro-imperialist
>>
>>78144368
Who would win, Rikki-Tikki or Superman?
>>
>>78143618
Give me his nest and his name.
>>
File: suspicious doge.png (514 KB, 666x719) Image search: [Google]
suspicious doge.png
514 KB, 666x719
>>78145704
You are correct.
>>
Superior version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7txhwH0OzcU
>>
>>78145704
It's specifically referring to the British destroying the cult of Thuggee who were basically the ISIS of their day.

They went around murdering travelers to appease their goddess Kali. Not surprisingly they attracted a lot of serial killer types and other crazies.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.