[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In absolute honesty, how would you respond to a rise of Superhero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
File: Man-Of-Super-Pissed.jpg (667 KB, 1300x1452) Image search: [Google]
Man-Of-Super-Pissed.jpg
667 KB, 1300x1452
Seriously, give it some thought. How would you respond to superheroes suddenly popping up around the world?

How do you believe governments would ACTUALLY react to us coming out of the shadows? lifting cars, flying, cutting things with laser beams from the eyes.

Honestly? I'd be terrified.
>>
>>78132334
Honestly though.
>>
>>78132307
As long as they do the right think and sink Israel everything is fine
>>
>us
>>
>>78132307
It depends if I am one of these heroes or not.
>>
File: tumblr_nwicgl0q771r2g7mto1_500.jpg (45 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwicgl0q771r2g7mto1_500.jpg
45 KB, 500x279
>>78132307
We've had this exact thread a million times before, and it always ends up with idiots arguing morality with other idiots.
>>
>>78132307
Harvest their organs/power source.
>>
File: yuck curious.png (157 KB, 321x239) Image search: [Google]
yuck curious.png
157 KB, 321x239
>>78132307
>mutants and other freaks
>>
If I get powers, fine. I'll step up.

But I cannot tolerate being among superbeings while being normal. I would be Lex-like, trying to kill then all the time because envy and fear.

But I swear, you guys, things would be fine if I had powers too.
>>
File: 1377914084216.png (253 KB, 679x632) Image search: [Google]
1377914084216.png
253 KB, 679x632
>>78132307
>How do you believe governments would ACTUALLY react to us coming out of the shadows
>react to us
>us
>>
>>78132307
Pray they are benevolent creatures and DNA-compatible.
>>
>>78133011
>>78134059
So when anons talked about "hiding their powerlevel" wasn't talking about knowledge but instead they were talking about real powerlevel, interesting
>>
>>78134169
Some of us.
>>
>>78134199
Fuck, I thought I was suppressing it....
>>
Fuck I'd go out and try to get bitten by every spider I can find and go to Chernobyl and Fuck with their spiders or some shit yeah I'd probably die really fast but who cares I'm spider-man bitch
>>
>>78134247
You my friend are no member of the Spider clan.
>>
I would hate them all. Superman is terrifying outside of comic context.
>>
File: 1446345326500.png (563 KB, 420x586) Image search: [Google]
1446345326500.png
563 KB, 420x586
>>78132307
>>us
>>
File: 1437741488769.png (738 KB, 592x556) Image search: [Google]
1437741488769.png
738 KB, 592x556
>>78134247
>>
>>78134955
Even if he develops an altruistic, a-political track record which only benefits those in danger or the needy b/c muh ideal Kansas morality?
>>
I'd do whatever it takes to get myself powers. Then I would strive to live a happy, normal life without needing to use them.
>>
>>78132307
I would be super fucking jealous, feel even more insignificant, and kill myself after about a year.
>>
If I didn't have powers I would befriend & manipulate one into doing my bidding under the guise of friendship. I have no doubt I could accomplish this.
>>
I think it depends entirely on what they looks like.
If it's a photogenic white guy that speaks english like Superman? Yeah, I think the media is going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and people are going to fall suit.

If it's anything else though, they'll get met with some suspicion.
>>
>>78132307
If they were essentially like Shazam or Superman (pure boy scouts that follow the rules and don't kill), I'd be perfectly fine with them.
>>
I'd probably shitpost on /co/ and play some video games.

Pretty much what I do now
>>
>>78133828
Do you think things associated with superheroes would exist, too?
Like aliens, sentient dinosaurs, ancient ninja clans, etc.? Or would everything else stay the same?

I could live in a world with all of that stuff - hell, that might actually give me some hope for tomorrow. But a world like ours + superpowers, without anything to act as a balance or distract people from killing each other? Fuck that, tuck me in and let me die.
>>
>React to us
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW
WHO SENT YOU
>>
I'd become a Democrat
>>
>>78132307
Find the villains and get them to hire me to find out the secret identities of heroes

just want dosh mabye a few trophies
>>
Find the closest telepath, or reality warper and be their friend.

Governments would privately kidnap metahumans/mutants and publicly try to get them on their side. Gangs, terrorists and cartels become a lot scarier. Cops would be outmatched without a significant technological upgrade and militarization of police would increase. Racial profiling ramps up again.
>>
File: 1447206219105.gif (1 MB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1447206219105.gif
1 MB, 500x250
>>78132307
This......

This is gonna be fun.
>>
Depending on my power(s), if I am one of the chosen. I would go and live on the moon. Why would I need to be a hero?

Think of me, when you look at the moon, anons.
>>
>>78132307
I'd probably become a doomsday prepper.

not the character doomsday, mind you.
>>
>>78144278
Oh.

I am Doomsday though.
>>
Probably go all Jessica Cruz and hole up in fear.
Might come out if someone like Superman showed up. Would still worry about him going all Plutonian on everyone.
>>
File: RisingStarsIsrael.jpg (385 KB, 638x997) Image search: [Google]
RisingStarsIsrael.jpg
385 KB, 638x997
>>78132995
Like this?
>>
File: TheHorror.jpg (45 KB, 589x191) Image search: [Google]
TheHorror.jpg
45 KB, 589x191
>>78137269
Thanks Anon...so many nightmares in my immediate future...
>>
>>78144821

What if they go the route of Dr. Manhattan...and just really don't give a shit? Wouldn't it be something if they were indifferent?
>>
I'd be hype as fuck but extremely worried. I'd try to investigate as best I could (probably unsuccessfully) to figure out how they came to be. Either to see how attainable there position is or to see how likely more will pop up.
>>
>>78132307
First priority would probably have someone an hero and turn the entire mid-east and all relevant conflicting countries into craters.
After that, who knows, some might go the Injustice route, enforced peace, or a Civil War like clash, but unending.
>>
I'd ask 4chan what to do haha
Just for laughs haha
I mean, there's no way I'd get superpowers in an accident involving two weasels and a cursed washing machine haha
haha
>>
I think it'd be similar to the Rao situation that's going on in the new JLA book or like Apocalypse from Xmen. I personally would probably look at it from a religious point of view and consider the Superhuman to be the Antichrist/Dajjal or whatever name is given to the "false messiah".
>>
>>78132307
Me? I wouldn't give a dmaned unless i was one of them, then I'd have some fun. Life sucks otherwise.

Governments would probably attempt to kill, censor, or capture them for research. Using biologic material they'd make supersoldiers, longevityy serums and whatever else they could synthesize. It'd take a while, but they'd use it to keep the grediest and most twisted assholes alive with the info they scored. Then they'd exterminate the lower class in the way they'd been doing and blessing those below them who were compliant with slightly less powerful versions of what they got. This would continue until you only had a race of superpowered godlike bluebloods and enough workingclass demi-gods to keep the wheels spinning while they did nothing but thrive at their expense. Then I guess the ruling class would take it to the stars and start to form an empire.

Earth would be like planet Vegeta at that point I guess, but smarter.
>>
I'd probably vote for Trump then, or any other politician promising to get rid of them muties and freakshows. I hope Trump even builds a warsuit.

You know who, will as usual, fight for the right of metahumans yada yada.
>>
File: 1449374087342.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449374087342.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>>78132307
>How would you respond to superheroes suddenly popping up around the world?

Same way I respond to ISIS, oil spills and deaths in the family.

Go to 4chan and jack off.
>>
Hang out around radioactive animals
>>
>>78132307
I'd be jelly
>>
>>78147193
>dejjal
Gotta look out for the one eyed muties then
>>
>>78139224
What if your power is something like cherry scented farts
>>
File: thinkin' bout buttfucking.png (225 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
thinkin' bout buttfucking.png
225 KB, 640x480
the biggest nations would treat it like a disease or some kind of pandemic, fast forward a few years and you see everyone trying to weaponize metahumans, africa and the middle east would have a field day recruiting supermen and sentries for their guerrilla shit. eventually cults start to form and the superpeople create the new superpower country and end all governments. the super jesus is born and the superhuman race leaves earth to expand their empire and conquer the unknown universe.
>>
I wouldn't care, unless I get a power somehow - then I'd probably use it for my own advantage if I can. As for the government, they'd be scared shitless and it'd be basically like in x-men, so I better be careful about using my power - wouldn't want my family to disown me for being a freak of nature.
>>
>>78137331
That's how Homelander was portrayed. But we know the truth!
>>
>>78146632
Read Supergods and see what happens when they stop giving fuck about humans.
>>
>>78132307

A man with all the powers of Superman would completely destabilize the world. MoS Pa Kent was right to be afraid
>>
>>78144677
>I am Doomsday though.
This isn't the board for RPing.
>>
>>78148923
>On the internet nobody knows you're Zod.
>>
If I couldn't be one of the chosen, I'd probably kill myself.
>>
The powers would start off weak as shit and not worth anything to begin with anyway. Assuming we're ground zero for metahumans, how many generations do you think it would take of science and eugenics before we had even one successful case that could actually be called super?
>>
I'd be one of those sad idiots that would desperately want to become a superhuman by any means necessary.

MGH, letting AIM tinker with me, whatever it took.
>>
>>78132307

I would lie, steal or kill to become one.
>>
>>78133156
'cause there are no experts in superheroism, anon. Even writers of the medium sound silly when they talk about it, just listen to Alan Moore or Grant Morrison.
>>
Iterative probability does its thing and everyone ends up mind raped or dead in a couple years.
>>
>>78132307

Well, governments would shit themselves.

For me, I know what I'd do: I'll fly to Syria and sink every refugee ship I find. Then I'll locate ISIS and individually punch each terrorist to death.
>>
>>78132307
I'd be pissed at first because anyone with that kind of power would be hamstrung by politics and constant bitching, then terrified as he snapped from all that and started exterminating us.
>>
>>78149480
Would you even move to Canada?
>>
>>78132307
If I don't have powers, scared and paranoid, we are not on equal grounds here even if I have a gun.

If I were a mutant I'll step up and become a hero In a proper and legal way like getting registered.

Mutants and freaks should reaaly just be put on the moon or an island somewhere and let them live out their lives. When everyone is super Nobody is.
>>
>>78132307
It would be incredibly interesting. When single individuals are powerful enough to cause megadeath events single handedly, it breaks the whole system of the modern state. There might be some who take on the mantle of hero, but there would be a few who decided that the ideology of ISIS appealed. Terror attacks could be horrific.

And its not like the authorities could really do much to stop metas (depending on the power level). The normies would be totally dependent on the goodwill and ability of the "good" metas to stop the bad ones.
>>
>>78137622
What if Superman arrived but he was a telepathic octopus looking thing? Would we still love him?
>>
>>78152028
we would nuke it to death.
It would be more interesting if he was a short ugly guy. Will people accept him or they will be suspicious till he porves himself?
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.