[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am i the only one scared shitless over the new Dr Doom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: 1484167431075833770.png (708 KB, 1600x696) Image search: [Google]
1484167431075833770.png
708 KB, 1600x696
Suddenly it's Victor Von Doom but he wants to be your friend, he wears a nice suit instead of his armor and his face is nice to look at instead of making you want to puke or kill yourself at the sight of it.

"Hey Vic, weren't you cursed by Eternity to wear your sins on your face after you murdered the Watcher?"

"Yeah but then i killed the multiverse to save it then became Eternity so the curse doesn't apply anymore"

"Umm....."

"Fuck you, i'm Doom so i am going to stand here in a nice suit and eat potato chips for a while because fuck you i am God"
>>
>>78120623
he's trying to pull a Loki, create a legitimately good version of himself to gain everyone's trust then bodyjack it with the back-up brain laying in its subconscious.
>>
>>78120623
Is that thing under his left eye still his scar, or just linework?
Because why on earth would he keep that exact scar?
>>
>>78120680
It represents his one and only sin, being so awesome it make Richards feel bad.
>>
i'm sorry, not my Dr. Doom.

period, its finally happened, they've finally changed one of the few characters to the point where I have to say "he isn't MY version"

thanks guys, i'm out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcQ853ibg08

even Goat Doom is more Doom than this.
>>
>>78120623
>"Hey Vic, weren't you cursed by Eternity to wear your sins on your face after you murdered the Watcher?"
?
Wasn't that the Living Tribunal after Scott Lang with the power of author avataring Matt Fraction's hateboner called in a gypsy lynching?
>>
Lately, I really wanna know, does your garden grow? Cause I just wanna fly.
>>
Secret Wars Doom was the start of failure.

Doom had went on a fairly complicated quest in the past where he took a bunch of villians on a ride, to find the spot where the Infinity gems intersected on earths leylines that would allow one to basically warp reality.

he did so, so he could simply not use it, as a matter of statement, utilizing the serpent wielding lady as a reminder of temptation, he abstained from using reality warping powers to win.

and then Secret Wars throws it out and he does exactly that, uses reality warping powers to make a perfect world for himself that he himself was unhappy with when he did before in the past.
>>
>>78120680
From all the art so far he only has the tiny scar from his University days, nothing else.

Notably his hands seem fine which means he fixed the damage Grimm did and besides the tiny scar from Mephisto/himself he seems fine. The damage he suffered from Eternity seems fixed which makes sense since in the 2nd to last Silver Surfer book he had taken over Eternities role and literally became him.

So besides the tiny cut under his eye his body seems totally intact and human without the need for any kind of cybernetic support, if i were him i'd pig out on hotdogs and potato chips.

It has been 50+ years since he could eat things like a normal person, he is going to chow down, smoke a blunt and fuck bitches.

Probably MJ because after Scarlet Witch, Enchantress, Morgan Le Fay and Selene he wants a no drama relationship.
>>
>Doom is how some wanker in a suit being "good"

>Black Cat is still an unrepentent murdering psychopath.

can we just go back? back to the better times?
>>
Its not Victor Doom at all. He doesn't act like him, and I guess now that the armor is off he can be subjected to Bendis speak. Fuck that.
>>
>>78120997
they want the Benedict Cumberbatch audience.
>>
>>78120721
Doom killed him and took over his role as well.

Usually it is Doom gets "god like" power, this time he was "God" in the judeo-christian sense of the word. For better or worse Doom is God now. Honestly he is a better God than the one we have; you can't reason with Yehova but Doom might take pity on you.

There is really no where else to go with his character at this point, as far a Marvel is concerned Doom is God. His only flaw is that he is unhappy with being God since there is no challenge. He will probably recreate Richards, Val, Sue and Black Swan (last three all the same person to him ) at some point just so he can have someone to talk to. He can't talk to his mom because she hates him and him spilling his guts to SG is just too weird. He is probably hanging out with Stark out of pure boredom and reminiscing about better times.

He even said so when he mentioned Camelot to Stark, he had a good time then. Also he got to bang Le Fay back then before she went nuts on him.
>>
>>78121086
wait, Black Swan is an alternate Val?
>>
>>78120970
>Implying Doom was ever anything other than Good.
Doom has saved the World, Galaxy, Universe and Multiverse more than any other hero ever has. Doomwank or not he is our realities last line of defense and has saved us more than anyone else has. He is also canonically the only being in all of creation who can be trusted with a properly functioning time machine.

The simple fact is that his character is the closest thing Marvel has to a one true God and that seems to be his new job. There is no where else for his character to go besides that.
>>
>>78121155
He means that he sees Val as being a part of Sue, which is why cares so much for her, and the Swans were all the analogues of Sue from the multiverse. Or at least were wearing her hair.
>>
>>78121155
Worse than that, so is Sue. Doom seems to have a thing about a certain hair style.

All three are the same person, God seems to have a rather fucked up fetish. Luckily for him he has a time machine and magic to fulfill it.
>>
>>78121243
Black Swans are all alternate reality Vals, Sues, or both. Yes, both.
>>
>>78121318
What the hell has Hickman done?
>>
>>78121318
>>78121284
>>78121243
>>78121155
>>78121086
"Hey Reed, i couldn't fuck your wife so i gave birth to my daughter via me fucking your wife in a alternate dimension who is also your daughter and your wife then i became God and then i made your wife and daughter my wife and daughter then collected every version of your wife and daughter from the entire multiverse, fucked them then made them all join a cult where they worship me as as God. Just for shits and giggles, i really was God so the really do love me. BTW i'm a better father and husband than you seeing as i'm literally fucking every version of every one of your family members at once over all of creation and they love it and they love me."

"Fuck you Richards, i win"
>>
What comics can I find this 'new Doom' in?
>>
>>78121379
Doom keeps needing to find new ways to fuck with Richards so before he took over the universe he created a religion of Vals and Sues to worship him, used his Time Machine to create Val in a alternate reality via him impregnating Sue, sent Val into the Future with Kang (possibly himself) to mature then the Vals became Sues, Black Swans or both.

Sue and Val were created by Doom to fuck with Reed, he made both of them. Reed never had either of them, they are Victors creations. Their sole purpose for existing is to make Doom happy by all the pain they cause Reed.

In case anyone hasn't figured this out by now, Victor can be a real asshole when it comes to revenge.
>>
I dunno kind of just sounds like they took away a lot of interesting qualities of DOOM and made him some Douche in a suit.
>>
>>78120841
I for one find the idea if Doom hooking up with MAJ hilarious. If only to see Peter's reaction.
>>
>>78121379
A Parliament of Reeds, A Council of Dooms.

A Harem of Sues. And Vals. And Swans. Doom basically sleeps on top of a pile of Hot chickss, Lolis and MILFS who are all the same person who he created to make him happy.
>>
>>78121673
Good morning, Bendis
>>
>>78121597
>>78121674
I see the patterns, but now I'm just not sure what to make of this.
It's like a story has been told, but there's no point. I just can't be doing with this.

It's not even doomwank honestly, while I've been guilty of that admittedly I just prefer stuff like the whole Planet Doom thing where we actually see his spiral from proclaimed benevolence to reckless indifference. It feels more genuine and meaningful like how it kicks off with him begging an echo of Franklin not to destroy him, and then destroying it the second he's in power. You get a strong sense of plot and moral progress beyond it just being a sci-fi analogy for two college nerds sissy slapping each other over the blond cheerleader.

I just do not fucking know what to make of any of this.
>>
>>78121673
In MJs defense dating Victor would give her the most stable relationship she has ever had.

It isn't like you have to worry about him getting killed and the guy is pretty conservative so he isn't going to shag Black Cat on a rooftop or lose his mind and start banging a midget.
>>
For those asking if that's a scar, if I remember correctly in the issues after he first shows up in invincible iron man he doesn't have it. So I'm guessing that's just line work
>>
>>78120623
Loki, Ultron, Kilgrave, now Doom
Marvel sure likes the Faux Affably Evil trope
>>
>>78121777
You have to read through Hickman's Fantastic Four to understand how Secret Wars works as a capstone. Everything is connected to his FF, New/Avengers runs. But I guess you're right, its the same Doom vs Reed fight as always, just stretched out and elaborated through the multiverse.
>>
File: 1424621816783.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1545) Image search: [Google]
1424621816783.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1545
>>78121674
Doom is living the dream.
>>
>>78121777
Well it seems pretty logical if you think about it. Doom likes a certain type of girl so why not like ALL those girls?

If you had his power wouldn't you find the one type of woman you were attracted to and make sure no one else had her? If you really loved her eventually you would want to make sure she (and every possible version of her) was safe throughout every possible version of reality and through every stage of her existence.

Eventually logic (assuming you had a time machine that can access alternate dimensions) would demand that since you are overseeing every stage of her existence you might as well create her in the first place.

Think about it, if you are God who is competent to create a suitable companion for you besides yourself?
>>
>>78121777
Planet Doom was awesome and they need to bring back Lancer as Doom could really benefit from having a actual friend.

Unless Lancer was a Val and/or Sue in which case they should bring her back anyway. Lost opportunity IMHO, Lancer should have been in charge of the Black Swan army.
>>
>>78120623
He looks exactly like Vincent Cassel.
>>
>>78122013
So why not Valeria or his mother?
>>
>>78120623
I'm just bored by him to be perfectly honest. He's way past The Hood-levels of overwanked tedium.
>>
>>78122259
Great actor. Marvel should snap him up for something
>>
File: Victor_von_Doom_(Earth-90251).jpg (64 KB, 540x611) Image search: [Google]
Victor_von_Doom_(Earth-90251).jpg
64 KB, 540x611
>>78120623
i'm perfectly fine with him looking normal again but I prefer that he continues to wear his armor for fight. There was a recent "what if", where Doom take the god power and heal from the wounds, but chose to keep the armor because Doom is denoted that way.

This version of Doom come out pretty cool at the end, even without the mask and armor.
>>
>>78120715
>even Goat Doom
What about Baboon von Doom?
>>
>>78121580
Seconded. I thought the final issue of Secret Wars got stalled for whatever reason?

Have they just given up and started publishing the aftermath without finishing the event? Is that how burned out of events Marvel have gotten to?
>>
>>78120970
muh status quo
>>
>>78121580
Bendis's Iron Man

ugh
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.