[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q2uzIv4nhg >youtube does spide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 16
File: spiderman_vs_darth_maul.jpg (95 KB, 1283x837) Image search: [Google]
spiderman_vs_darth_maul.jpg
95 KB, 1283x837
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q2uzIv4nhg

>youtube does spider-man better than sony
>they got stan lee
>>
That is some next level shit voice acting, holy fuck.

Great choreography though.
>>
>>78115635
Not only is it bad acting, it's a pretty bad voice too. You can barely hear him and it doesn't have enough bass behind it to give it presence.
>>
cool fight, really unimpressive voice acting despite actually pretty good dialog for spidey
>>
It also goes to show that you dont need extensive fucking CGI for Spider-Man.

Sam Raimi had the right idea.
>>
>>78114546
This was actually pretty good. Spidey's VA needs work, though.
>>
get spidey an actual VA and we could have a really cool sequence.
>>
>>78114546
What a load of bullshit.
>Spider-Man was 100% going to win the moment you saw Stan Lee
>the symbiote would have gone for Maul over Peter
>Maul would have snapped his neck instead of slamming him into the ground
Fuck off.
>>
>>78117200
It's based off of fan votes and not your gay ass powerlevel wanking.
They said they're doing an alternate ending because it was a close vote anyway so what does it matter.

and no the symbiote always picks Peter first are you retarded
>>
>>78114546
Not as good as this though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5aIerKhWoQ
>>
>>78117305
>implying its not looking for the angriest person in the immediate area
>sith lord rasied to hate everything
Really.
>>
>>78117363
The Symbiote isn't the dark side of the force. Peter Parker ALWAYS trumps people being "angry" because the symbiote is fucking obsessed with him.
>>
>>78117396
The Dark side of the force can be fueled by anger.

Hell, it was Maul's hatred for Obi-Wan that kept him alive after being bisected.
>>
>>78117363

Dude, the venom symbiote is in love with Parker. That kind of mad, insane, stalker-love. If it was anyother symbiote than sure, you'd have a point, but the venom symbiote will pick peter 9 times out of 10.
>>
File: 1449505688076.jpg (61 KB, 599x773) Image search: [Google]
1449505688076.jpg
61 KB, 599x773
>>78117353
>Spiderman
>>
>>78115812
>>78114546

Calm down, it's a goofy youtube video, it's not amazing filmmaking.
>>
Spidey's VA is obnoxious as fuck, and I don't mean obnoxious as in the way Spider-Man should be obnoxious with his quips.
>>
>>78117363
The venom symbiote in particular is mad infatuated with Peter.
The entire thing with the revenge? Read it again but this time read it as if a lover got stilted for MJ instead.

Your regular symbiote is batshit insane. Its proven in S&XM #5 when he bonds with a run of the mill symby for a power boost. He gets taken over five panels later.

Venom has some weird bond with him that makes it semi-workable.
Too bad whoever's in charge of Venom is trying their damndest to keep it away from Pete. Could be prove an interesting arc.
>>
>>78117883
>>78117451
>>78117396
I didn't know it was obsessed with him, jeez.

Still seems stupid for it to go for someone that isn't the angriest person in the room.
>>
>>78114546
Damn, Spidey, what about your no-kill rule. You through that straight out the window.
>>
>>78114546
>That is the worst. sunburn. ever.
I smiled. The voice acting had its ups and downs - mostly downs.

>>78117200
You should calm down, friend. It's a fan video. Plus the symbiote feeds off of adrenaline, not anger (I still maintain that it doesn't even make the host angry), leaving it's only criteria for a host as preference or availability; in this case, it'd choose Pete every time.
>>
>>78115812
But Raimi had a shit ton of expensive CGI Spidey everywhere.
>>
>>78115635
>>78115766
>>78115778
>>78116530
>>78116581
>>78117548
>>78118033
They could probably have gotten Josh Keaton to do it if they'd asked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX8MOSAkLsI
>>
>>78115635
>>78114546
Holy fuck who ever was the voice actor send him out to school he needs some learnings.
>>
>>78117916

>Still seems stupid for it to go for someone that isn't the angriest person in the room.

The symbiote just feeds off of adrenaline. It doesn't make people angry or evil, that was a dumbfuck idea that the 90's cartoon introduced and modern writers copied that. Originally it just lived on Pete and made him fight crime while he slept at night and gave him organic webbing/disguises.

Peter was the first thing it bonded with and it grew to love him. It tried to abandon Eddie Brock for him in the middle of a fight once.
>>
>>78118067
>>78118052
Still, so much better than the VA from Web of SHadows.

>>78118070
I like you. Don't forget it made him fight crime at night because that's what it thought he wanted.
>>
>>78118033
>>78118070
I'm gonna need some sauce on this adrenaline shit.
>>
>>78118093

90's Venom lethal Protector series is what established that as the main thing, I think.

Some of the chemicals it liked could also be found in chocolate, so Eddie fed it a lot of that too.
>>
>>78118093
Well, for one, anger is not a substance.
>>
>>78117993
He never had a no kill rule. He just try's his best to not let things get to that point. He's willing to kill truly evil entities.
>>
>>78118037
>inanimate spider dummy web-swinging .gif
>>
>>78118103
>>78118106
I still don't believe you guys.

Maul has a lightsaber and the force, he should have won.
reee
>>
>>78118093
>>78118119

I'm not faulting you for thinking it makes people angry or wants negative emotions because the cartoons and movie did that, it's just for a long time in the comics that's not how it worked.

Also Spidey'd probably lose to real niggas like Luke, Kyle Katarn or Obi Wan but not some punk ass nigga like Maul

>>78118111

He has one 95% of the time. He went after Norman Osborn intending to kill him because Gwen died but refuses to kill Carnage. Hell the entire "nobody dies" thing for the last few years too.
>>
>>78117993
He's a lot more willing to kill aliens and other non-humans.
I think he's killed about a dozen people directly, some unintentional
>>
>>78117200
>>the symbiote would have gone for Maul over Peter
The symbiote loves Peter. Literally.
>>
>>78118140
In the JMS era he was much more matured. When it came to this resurrected lizard amalgam thing made from dead mobsters (fucking comics man) he put it down before 10:30pm. AND got the mob boss tossed, too. Also, fuck no one dies.
>>
>>78118169

I wouldn't call that "matured". If he can protect innocent people without having to kill something or someone than he should take them in. If not then whatever but most of the time he's been shown to be able to do it.
>>
>>78118140
>Kyle
>not Revan

>>78118164
>>78118140
Well, they used TPM Maul.
Had they used TCW Maul, Maul wins.

Also, Symbiote was an unnecessary plot device, because they used Amazing Spiderman mechanical web-shooters but he only interacts with the Symbiote in Raimi Spiderman.
However I think Raimi Spiderman would have won this, not mechanical web-shooter Spiderman.

>tfw I'm the only one in Maul's corner
Help.
>>
>>78118185
Well, I mean, he didn't beat around the bush or beat himself up about it. He knew what he had to do and he did it, no complaining like a child or something that Slott's Peter would do - matured. I suppose what I'm looking for is... competent? Grown up?

JMS era Peter in general was more adult. Compare him to Slott's Peter during Massacre. Which was stupid. Best thing Spock ever did was gank him.
>>
>>78114546
>10/10 choreography
>solid writing on the quips
>whoever was playing Peter really needs to work on his voices
>>
>>78117200
If a powerful spider guy with a cosmic class ass freed me from a ghastly machine on a world made solely for fighting, and genuinely and openly praised me for my abilities in helping him, I'd probably fall in love too.

I'd also probably be really angry once he got rid of me because I scared him.

I'd get over it eventually. I just wish he'd ask me what I felt.

Boy, I sure hope I'm not a mindless tool for a Government Agent turned Space Knight. How bad would that be?
>>
>>78118204

They jused used Spider-Man, he had the costume from TASM2 but it wasn't supposed to really be any specific version of Peter.

Besides comic Spider-Man is capable of far greater feats of strength and speed than either movie Spider-Man, though Tobey took a hit from a train like it was a paperbag and Garfield got mauled by Lizard and ate super electricity like it was nothing. Both of them were pretty strong.

>>78118213

I think what you mean is JMS just put him in more situations where he felt he had to do it. There's nothing inherently childish or mature about either. For all of Slott's shitty writing Spidey being tired of seeing people die all the time isn't one of them, if he didn't write a situation where Peter thought he couldn't save someone without killing them that's one thing.

Besides, at the end of TASM#700 Peter thought about it for not even five seconds and concluded that he was going to kill Doc Ock in their freefall to the streets below.
>>
>>78118033
>It's a fan video

Really? That one chick had some nice titties. Are you saying there are actually women who are attractive who read nerd shit? Maybe going to nerd conventions would actually be worth the orgies then, if the girls weren't fugly.
>>
>>78118240
Slotts Peter is up and down. One moment he can seem like a chessmaster
>Contingency plan with Fury on the Webware device being absconded with
And then he gets really hamfisted the next second
>HEY MAAM, I TALK TO PETER, AND HE CONSIDERS YOU HIS MOM, AIGHT.

JMS Peter had his ups and downs too, but he was overall pretty consistent. Equal parts chilled out, but reserved and ready to knock heads at a moments notice.
>>
>>78118224
at least Flash lead to it finally getting some therapy
>>
>>78118284

Characterization and forced dialogue is Slott's biggest issue. I'd say that's where most modern Marvel writers need work. A lot of their characters all act very samey and a lot of guys try way too hard to make Peter funny but just instead make him act silly and quirky in ways that aren't clever or funny.

Whoever had Spider-Man call Electro "robespierre" when Electro was doing that revolution shit though in the Gauntlet, that was a good one.
>>
>>78118240
Thank you, that's pretty on point. Peter being tired of death is an interesting development for the character, but Slott took it to overbearing lengths, to where it made Peter come across as a naive child. Still, Slott has his moments. RYV Spider-Man was enjoyable, seeing him give no quarter when his family was involved.
>>78118294
Yeah, the best comparison I could come up with is the naive mentality of a young Spider-Man vs one that's actually been at this for over half his life, and knows the deal. Slott's Amazing Spidey rarely acts like the latter, if ever.
>>
>>78118204
Have you only seen the movies?
>>
File: Glory.jpg (171 KB, 470x668) Image search: [Google]
Glory.jpg
171 KB, 470x668
>>78118311

What parts did you find overbearing? The serial killer dude who's brain got fucked up in the accident?

The only things he did that irritated me was everyone just saying silly shit all the time and acting erratically, that's about the only things I can think of that I could see someone calling childish. But he did it all the goddamn time. I actually stopped collecting it for a while and I had started collecting everything from Back in Black onward when I was in the eighth grade.

"Crazy town banana pants" set off my autism so bad it hurt. I don't know why shit like that bothers me.I'm not some expert on comedy but I just hate how nowadays a lot of writers do that kind of weird, silly dialogue for attempts at humor. I can't even explain it well.
>>
>>78118090
well kin of, Web of Shadows Peter was just annoying and whiney too whiney, this one, he tries to read from the script but keeps it at one monotone voice. I mean he sounds like he's worried some one will come into the recording booth and laugh at him.
>>
File: 13271495444_3cc1a8d367_o.gif (3 MB, 789x331) Image search: [Google]
13271495444_3cc1a8d367_o.gif
3 MB, 789x331
>>78118385
>>78118090

Holy shit I'm so glad that someone else hated the VA in that game.

Actually a lot of shit in that game was dumb.

I'm always in the minority that the only free roaming Spider-Man game that had fun missions and wasn't so repetitive was Ultimate. The Neversoft games (Spider-Man, Enter Electro) and Shattered Dimensions are my favorites. Mysterio's Menace is fun and Maximum Carnage is a great beat em up. Separation Anxiety is a shitty sequel to it but hilarious in multiplayer.
>>
>>78118312
I've read a few of the comics at the request of a friend.
Something about black Spiderman, and another one about Spiderman hunters.
With different dimensions.
Pretty trippy.
>>
>>78118385
yeah. I mean, with a bit more nuance it could work, because Peter keeps the chatter going to calm his nerves, so it would make sense for there to be nervousness under it, but it would need to noticeably scale to how much danger he feels he's in from moment to moment
>>
>>78118431
Comic book Spider-Man is stronger than movie Spider-Man.
>>
>>78118361
Yeah, Peter being perfectly okay with Massacre was out of character, for him, to me. He's never been okay with murder, so Massacre should have set him off something awful. It's an annoying event where writers do something like that, and the drop the ball, like the shit Zeb Wells pulled in Carnage USA.

Peter would not put up with the meaningless murder of civilians. JMS era Peter would realize that there is no second chance or redeeming of a villain like that. Slott's Peter, with his "NO ONE DIES" not only just put him in jail, got an old friend of his killed after she got her eyes plucked out, but (somehow, with Slott's bullshit writing at the time) tried to convince Spock that he should let Massacre live. I couldn't comprehend that.

If Peter really wanted to take a no one dies rule, he'd get more serious about preventing death while on the job, start training, etc. Not taking a disne fairy tale stance expecting every thing to always turn out okay. Slott's No one dies schtick made it seem like Peter's time as Spider-Man rendered him a little insane and unable to cope with things, and I'm glad he's done away with it.

>>78118385
Now you made me feel bad for him. Still, MMUCH better than WoS. I found some bits of this entertaining... WoS was just embarrassing.
>>
>>78118361
I think you're trying to explain that you hate this modernist take on neo-like idioms.
For example, Crazy Town Banana Pants sounds like something from a post 2010 CN show, doesn't it?
>So unique!
But I digress, the overbearing aspect stemmed from the "And that's AWFUL."take, as if it was trying extra hard to wag its finger in your face to get you to understand.
Slott in particular is rather tired, I find. No one seems to speak naturally, or rationally. Bobbi laughing at Peters "NO one dies" line makes sense, because it sounds so forced. And it could have been a great moment for him to explain why he said it, and why means it. But he just goes "UM" ,while she outright calls him naive.

I'd almost say Slott is self aware of it, but he's eventually going to ruin everything anyway with his Regent Donut Steel, and "WHATS NORMAN UP TO THIS TIME? WHOA"

I'd be lying if i said i wasnt interested in Rhino and Lizards obviously-Clone-Robots-relatives angle.
>>
>>78118435
yes but he isn't monotoned. Peter has inflextions in his voice, this guy doesn't know how to act in front of a mic it seems. he maybe able to work some shit out while actually moving around but he's not an actor.
>>
>>78118454
don't feel bad for him, that's something an actor has to get over, people will critizise you for anything, so you have to get over that fear and just give it your all. every actor has gone through that and even fewer has actually had that shit happen. I had it happen and frankly looking back, I do it again, I wouldn't be the actor I am if I didn't man up and push forward. I wouldn't be an actor at all.
>>
File: 13271160875_6d3958a82d_o.gif (1 MB, 789x331) Image search: [Google]
13271160875_6d3958a82d_o.gif
1 MB, 789x331
>>78118454

Did anyone die during or after Peter confronted Massacre? I also think Carnage USA is a bad example for your arguement, even in Maximum Carnage, whenever there's a direct confrontation between Peter and Carnage, no civilians die. Just at the start when Carnage is kinda laying low in NYC. Whenever Cap and Peter are putting the pressure on though, deaths are prevented and they stop him without resorting to killing him.

The problem isn't Peter not killing someone once he's already captured them. He's already done his job at that point. The problem is writers not having the government just put that motherfucker to death once they have him. Same with Joker. At least in Well's first Carnage miniseries he escapes capture so they can avoid that. But Peter stopping that guy from blowing Kasady's brains out isn't a bad thing. That would just fuck that guy up later down the road because killing people, even in justified situations tends to haunt people down the road.

All of that shit is almost pointless anyway now that Minimum Carnage established that Carnage now has the ability to heal from lobotomies and having his neck snapped. He also floated through space torn in half for a while.

The best example I can think of in a story where Peter needed to kill someone to prevent a death was in Spider-Man Noir where Vulture asked if he was fast enough to stop him from gutting Aunt May and he said "No.", and proceeded to blow Vulture's brains out.

Pardon the fucking essays I can't be concise for shit
>>
File: 1326002873412.jpg (589 KB, 1118x874) Image search: [Google]
1326002873412.jpg
589 KB, 1118x874
>>78118462

>I think you're trying to explain that you hate this modernist take on neo-like idioms.

Neo-like being how some people in their early twenties talk, you mean? It seems there's a trend for people to try to be outwardly quirky and unashamed of it, which is fine, it's just not that funny.

>>78118522

Alright, I should fix this, maybe not entirely pointless since I'm pretty sure Carnage didn't develop immunity to intense heat like he did with sonics. Kicking the nigga into a furnace would probably do the trick if he was in it long enough.

For ten years anyway, until someone brings him back

Speaking of JMS era Spidey
>>
>>78118522
And then Aunt May told him how much of a shit he was for using a gun.
Was Shattered Dimensions canon?

Noir universe is pretty fucked.
Poor Robbie.
>>
>>78118554

Canon to Noir? I doubt it. I think Spidey was weirded out at Vulture being back but no mention of Osborn being back from the dead.

Did Norman die at the end? I can't remember.
>>
>>78118522
>Did anyone die during or after Peter confronted Massacre? I also think Carnage USA is a bad example for your arguement, even in Maximum Carnage, whenever there's a direct confrontation between Peter and Carnage, no civilians die. Just at the start when Carnage is kinda laying low in NYC. Whenever Cap and Peter are putting the pressure on though, deaths are prevented and they stop him without resorting to killing him.
>The problem isn't Peter not killing someone once he's already captured them. He's already done his job at that point. The problem is writers not having the government just put that motherfucker to death once they have him. Same with Joker. At least in Well's first Carnage miniseries he escapes capture so they can avoid that. But Peter stopping that guy from blowing Kasady's brains out isn't a bad thing. That would just fuck that guy up later down the road because killing people, even in justified situations tends to haunt people down the road.

Yeah, you're right about Peter's confrontation with massacre. He couldn't have know that Massacre would escape and start shooting people, again. I guess what pisses me off is that he legitimately tried defending him when Spock confronted him. Like, the man that beat Sin-Eater within an inch of his life, traumatizing him or the rest of his life because he killed DeWolffe, is trying to keep a emotionless monster from dying. Da fuq.

Still, Carnage killed that guy's baby (or was the reason it died). Peter was ready to ill him earlier and then when the guy tried he went like 'Naw nigga, that's fie to ten. Back up and breathe. Oh wait, he did wut? Aw.... damn. uh...' And then he stands there like a schmuck.

>>78118554
Yes, I believe Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time were canon. EoT had a pretty good story. I enjoyed it. Sadly, no one remembers the CEO. Good ting no one remembers short hair MJ, though. Aunt May can be a bitch too. Ultimate May wouldn't have tolerated that shit.
>>
The only thing good about these is the costumes. Its so embarrassing to watch, I can barely ever make it through one entirely.
>>
>>78118070
So why did he ever get rid of it?
>>
>>78118579
This may have changed, but I think it was at least canon to the Ultimate verse.

>>78118597
Scared about wearing something alive, and possibly being worn by something alive. Peter is stupid sometimes; he's seen weirder shit, but he obviously didn't understand the concept of symbiosis. He started jumping around to get it off, which only exacerbated the problem and made it try to stay with him tighter, like a child that doesn't want you to go, so it clings to your leg.

Pay no attention to the What IF about this - it's utter bullshit.
>>
File: tumblr_nquhyhhKlK1upav7zo1_1280.jpg (370 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nquhyhhKlK1upav7zo1_1280.jpg
370 KB, 700x1050
>>78118597
it had started taking his body for joyrides at night, leading him to being constantly exhausted
and it never made any attempts to communicate with him so he assumed he couldn't reason with it
and when he first got rid of it, it broke out of containment, went back to his flat, and disguised itself a one of his red n blue suits, showing that it wasn't going to take 'no' as an answer.

The whole situation was a tragedy of errors that could have been avoided if either just tried talking to the other,
>>
>>78118579

>I guess what pisses me off is that he legitimately tried defending him when Spock confronted him.

Yeah that would be pretty fucking retarded. I haven't read Superior more than once but don't plan to bust it out again and I can take your word on tht one.

>Sin-Eater

A shame that they got rid of Jean DeWolffe but that was an awesome story. I kinda wish that'd make it's way into a movie.

>>78118597

He was exhausted and sick from his body being active 24/7 even while sleeping. Also, learning that your costume is alive and using you would scare the shit out of anyone. He took it to Reed Richards to study it. It escaped and came back to him one night when he took it to the church out of fear and desperation. He just couldn't have known that it was basically viewing him as a parent. That's what made it have a temper tantrum by messing with an already mentally unstable Eddie Brock to get back to Peter though. The whole angry, scary Spider-Man thing is probably more popular with people because it's more dramatic or easily understandable.

I don't think it ever wanted to kill Peter though, just made Eddie think that was the endgame. In the middle of their second or third fight he tells the symbiote he can have him back and it gladly leaves Eddie for Peter, but they pass out in the process.

I don't recall what writer wound up giving Eddie and the Symbiote amnesia to the point where they just lost their lethal protector shtick and tried to go back to killing Peter though. That kinda fucked Eddie Brock's character for a long time until New Ways to Die.
>>
>>78114546
Fucking thread spawned off a fap session. That chick in the black in the epilogid, shit damn
>>
File: 0011pcpq.jpg (267 KB, 1000x1517) Image search: [Google]
0011pcpq.jpg
267 KB, 1000x1517
>>78118628
What If? Secret Wars did it better. They became a full, inseparable gestalt being, and pretty happy with their existence. People just got squeamish because the only part of Peter's body not fully bonded to the symbiote was his skeleton.
>>
>>78118655
Whoa, never seen that before. Then again I don't read many comics without Spidey in them - only hero I like, Kaine too.

Still, that's nice. I'd like some backstory on it though. At least, now Poison isn't the only Spider-Man that got a 'good' end with the symbiote (THAT story was so... sweet.)
>>
>>78118691
they continued the poison story?
>>
>>78118691
the premise was just that everyone got stuck on Battleworld after the original Secret Wars so settled down and made the most of it. It was mostly an exercise in coming up with kids for the different pairings.

Pic related is the skeleton thing.
>>
>>78118710
anon was being ironic. the poison storyline still ends with him creating Zombie Carnage-Gwen
>>
>>78118655
>>78118635
>>78118630
It didn't help that Marvel wanted to appease fans, and planned to get rid if it later, by having it use Pete during the night, and him getting freaked out. To be fair, that'd scare anyone.
Todd McFarlane getting pissy and saying he wouldn't draw the black suit because he didn't like it was the final nail in the coffin, by having MJ have full on PTSD from getting kidnapped by Venom.
>>
>>78118646

I read "black chick" at first and went back to rewatch the video, wound up disappointed.

>>78118723

>Todd McFarlane getting pissy and saying he wouldn't draw the black suit because he didn't like it was the final nail in the coffin, by having MJ have full on PTSD from getting kidnapped by Venom.

I'm glad it all worked out that way anyway. People can shit on Symbiotes all they want but Venom and Carnage's earliest stories prior to Maximum Carnage were fucking great until we had to wait all the way for New Ways to Die and Carnage/Carnage USA for good ones again.
>>
>>78118720
yeah but I was hoping they continued the poison what if arc.
>>
>>78118711
Not going to lie, that is pretty disturbing. But only because I hate to see Spidey, Peter, dead. No, not dead, as a skeleton. He's alive, and if he's happy with the symbi, mores the better. Johnny still has his back too.

>>78118710
Naw, but Poison was the best he Symbiote got with Peter since... ever. Saved his ass from being in spider-verse too.

>>78118723
McFarlane REALLY likes drawing the web patterns, I guess.

Originally, the fans HATED the symbiote look. This was back when singular colors weren't normal,, so Marvel nixxed the look to appease them. Spidey got rid of it, the fans wanted it back, so they gave him the cloth suit. Stupid fans.
>>
While we're on the topic of symbiotes, I remember someone had an old ass concept for a symbiote named "Bile" and it looked sorta like Toxin but with brighter red and blue and supposedly he was going to be Carnage's spawn back in the 90's and a cannibal.

I'm pretty sure it was fake but I'm just wondering if anyone else ever had the image or read that bullshit
>>
File: YIR93 RED HULK.jpg (457 KB, 1184x1600) Image search: [Google]
YIR93 RED HULK.jpg
457 KB, 1184x1600
>>78118744

Wait, nevermind, I found it. Apparently it was Tom Brevoort and Mike Kanterovich fucking around in an interview once. Can't find the pic of Bile though.
>>
File: bile.jpg (63 KB, 484x648) Image search: [Google]
bile.jpg
63 KB, 484x648
>>78118744
You mean this?
>It literally looks like Venom and Peters love child.
>>
>>78118769

There we go, thanks my nigga

>Grotesque eating habits of a spider

It's funny how they almost make a shitty joke character concept sound scary on paper.
>>
So we have Mary Jane Loves Spider-Man.

...Venom Loves Spider-Man when?
>>
I can't imagine spidey would keep joking if MJ was being chocked to dead right next to him, but otherwise it was spot-on
>>
File: Peter_Parker_(Earth-98311)[1].jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Peter_Parker_(Earth-98311)[1].jpg
15 KB, 225x225
>>78118769
that's basically Spider-Carnage
>>
File: 12.jpg (251 KB, 900x1393) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
251 KB, 900x1393
>>78118777
I love it when Peter jokes about that
>>
>>78118655
Rogue had a kid with Captain America?
>>
>>78118923
that's Carol
>>
>>78118935
It's Carol Danvers who's personality took over Rogue.
That said, Rogue's "kill with skin contact" powers should still be in effect, so shouldn't her vagina have sucked his life out?
>>
>>78114546
...who the hell lives under an abandoned warehouse, though?
>>
>>78118952
She probably learned to control it.
>>
>>78118958
you don't?
>>
>>78117993
No-kill rule is a recent thing. Also, Black Spider-suit, it'ss exactly the reason he got rid of it in the first place.
>>
>>78118979
No, I live in a hole in the ground. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it's a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.”
>>
>>78119017
bilbo bendis, please
>>
>>78118992
That was a 90s cartoon thing and you know it. Which modern writers like to source.
I mean its stupid, but I guess it was an okay way to depict drama.
>>
>>78118769
>>78118804
>>78118876
I wonder if the venom symbiote will ever get retconned into being female
>>
>>78119126
Forgot pic.
>>
>>78119126
symbiotes are sexless and rarely speak for themselves. they just roll with whatever gender the host has.
>>
>>78114546
Super Power Beat down > DEATHBATTLE.
>>
>>78115635
>Implying SPB is good for anything other than cool fights

Pete's voice sucked, but the fight was great.
>>
>>78117883
>Your regular symbiote is batshit insane.
That got retconned by Bendix. Symbiotes are now a proud noble with Venom being the outcast for wanting to bond with Peter, rather than all being insane and Venom being the outcast because he ONLY wanted to bond with Peter.
>>
>>78119812
only one planet of symbiotes isn't batshit. they still have dozens of consumed worlds and wandering mass murderers in the galaxy. It only takes one bad host influencing them to turn a symbiote evil.
>>
>>78118140
>Hell the entire "nobody dies" thing for the last few years too.

Yeah, but that's Slott and a fucking retarded regression for the character.
>>
>>78118093

The entire symbiote saga of Spiderman is your proof. It's EXPLICITLY STATED that it feeds on adrenaline. That's why it stays attached to Spidey. He's a powerload for it. The agression thing comes from when it would take Peters body out at night when he was sleeping and still fight crime, so Peter would always wake up feeling tired and grumpy as fuck without knowing why. The Animated Series has a bIt of a different take, where the symbiote makes you more violent so you cause more fights so it can feed on the adrenaline. The concept is the same. But the source, its never influenced Peters emotions in unnatural ways.

>>78118119

How can you not believe whats FACT? Just because you dont know it doesn't mean it's not true. I'm sorry you had to learn it from 4chan and not the comics, but that's how it is and has always been.
>>
>>78117200
Would Maul have the strength to snap his neck?
>>
>>78114546
What a fucking load of cringe.
So much second-hand embarrassment.
Christ almighty it hurts-
>>
>>78118119
spider sense is better than the force for helping you avoid attacks, and Maul greatly underestimated how much kinetic beating it would take to kill Peter
he also didn't realize that the symbiote could act as a replacement for the broken webshooters

like every sith, Maul died due to arrogance and overconfidence
>>
File: tumblr_mu3u9nTeEo1qlpinso5_540.png (220 KB, 513x236) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu3u9nTeEo1qlpinso5_540.png
220 KB, 513x236
>>78118769
Fuck, I'm going to have to find a scan of this book myself. GIS doesn't seem to have a bigger version of this pic.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.