[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Not a single decent X-Men comic out Muties on suicide watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1448739648935.png (560 KB, 530x633) Image search: [Google]
1448739648935.png
560 KB, 530x633
>Not a single decent X-Men comic out
Muties on suicide watch?
>>
Didn't read Wolverine, huh?
>>
>>78111821
It was bullshit. Issue one and two. Art was as terrible as Taylors writing.
>>
One of these days, X-fags will just become pillars of salt,
>>
We will persevere. Through the shit and the muck because one day, one day Mutant kind will rise again.
>>
>>78111865
>>78111882
Don't worry muties. You've got better films than Marvel and DC.
>>
Casual here, what are the good x-men stories? Is there a specific run I should start with?
>>
>>78111962
inhumans v2
>>
File: tumblr_m8e8kgPnb21rpok63o1_1280.jpg (459 KB, 535x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8e8kgPnb21rpok63o1_1280.jpg
459 KB, 535x1920
>>78111962
>>
>>78111962
Giant-Size X-Men #1 followed by X-Men #94 onward is typically the way to go.
Claremont pretty much defined everything anyone likes about the X-Men in his 17-year stint as the writer.
There's dozens of good spinoffs, different runs in the main book(s), and minis and whatnot, but that's pretty much the way to go.

I personally recommend the Classic X-Men series. It reprints most of Claremont's first 100 issues, but for the first 40+ issues also sometimes adds pages to provide more character development and scenes that make the infamous Phoenix retcon seems somewhat less retarded.
Plus they had new little backup stories that were mostly solid character moments about the team outside of their big adventures.
>>
>>78111765
All-new Wolverine, All-new X-men, and Cable/Deadpool were all decent. Old Man Logan, Uncanny X-men, X-men '92 and Worst X-man Ever aren't out yet.

So of the 8 x-books, only one of them isn't either decent or not yet released.
>>
>>78111765
At least Sunspot gets to be cool in New Avengers.
Although he mysteriously lost his powers and not one of his old friends is anywhere to be found.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.