[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-MEN: APOCALYPSE WARS | Official Reveal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 12
File: ApocalypseWars.jpg (1 MB, 2389x1215) Image search: [Google]
ApocalypseWars.jpg
1 MB, 2389x1215
Why no one is talking about the real X-Men news of this board. This should be the sticky instead of the news of our /tv/ invasors.

Anyways, the X-Men event was fully revealed today. Here are links.

Extraordinary X-Men Apocalypse Wars Lemire interview
>http://comicbook.com/2015/12/11/exclusive-apocalypse-wars-kicks-off-in-extraordinary-x-men-8/

All-New X-Men Apocalypse Wars Hopeless interview
>http://www.newsarama.com/27145-kid-apocalypse-pulls-all-new-x-men-into-apocalypse-wars.html

Uncanny X-Men Apocalypse Wars Bunn interview
>http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-bunns-uncanny-x-men-wade-into-the-apocalypse-wars
>>
File: remender.png (84 KB, 736x2160) Image search: [Google]
remender.png
84 KB, 736x2160
In case we want to argue about which of these stories uses the Remainders of Rick's plots.
>>
>>78104214
>This should be the sticky instead of the news of our /tv/ invasors.

I'm far more interested in the movie than the tagalong synergy shitfest that will the next badly handled X-crossover nobody wanted
>>
>>78104214
>O5 shit + Girlverine + Hopeless
>Cunt Jean + Old Man Logan + Lemire
Ugghhhhh

I guess Uncanny looks OK but Bunn is so hit and miss, his Magneto was alright so this would be inoffensively mediocre at worst.

Also please someone take Evan away from Hopeless and give him to Duggan and have him join UA or stay in the Deadpool title.
>>
I thought Marvel hated the X-Men because of Fox, so why are they doing-yet another-event related to Apocalypse?
>>
>Hopeless
Why is Marvel giving him so many opportunities?
At what point do they just cut him loose?
>>
>a crossover story deserves a sticky
No.
>>
>>78104421

Because X-Men sells in spite of their attempts to make it not sell.
>>
>>78104293
That sucks that doing AXIS was a nightmare for him and yeah I can see how Secret Wars had more support.

>>78104421
To try to cash in on what Fox is doing and after the movie goes they will be back to shitting on them.
>>
>>78104214
>See Archangel in Uncanny
>hope it isn't just another Apocalypse story

Welp.
>>
>>78104512
This desu, EXM 3 sold nine spots higher than the relaunched Inhumans books.

Like it or not, the X-Men are STILL their strongest franchise in terms of comics-selling power. Nobody gives a shit about spin-off Avengers teams (cf. Avengers AI, Dark Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avengers Undercover, etc.) while pretty much any X-title (except X-Factor, sadly) will sell well.
>>
>>78104214
Who the hell is the dude in the middle one supposed to be? The bottom of the cover, almost looks like O5 Beast? Colossus?
>>
>>78104697
Yes, it's Colossus.
>>
>>78104214
>everyone clearly supposed to be in the same positions
>Land completely incapable of making his match since he didn't have anyone he could trace in those positions
>>
>>78104214
I can't remember the last time comic news got a sticky.
>>
>>78104214
Love the covers' homage
>>
>>78104379
>I'm far more interested in movies than comics
Then why aren't you on /tv/ instead?
>>
>>78104421
Because they are cashing on the movie, is the only reason for this event to exist.
>>
>>78104761
Things only get stickies when they are liable to cause lots of threads about the same thing. Since no one on /co/ reads comics one thread is enough
>>
>>78104445
Unfortunately only whene he no longer sells.
>>
>>78104761
Last one I remember was the SecretLove announcement.
>>
>>78104214
>timetravel again
FUCK OFF
Who thought it was a good idea to go back at that after years of BotA and ANXM and all sorts of shallow meta commentary to go with that that just leeches off old Claremont stories
>>
>>78104810
For the same reasons feminists are on tumblr instead of in Saudi Arabia
>>
>>78104949
But only one of the books is doing time travel.
>>
>>78104214

If you look at the thumbnail, dude on the left looks like he has a massive head on a tiny body.
>>
>>78104712
Seriously? Jesus, what did they do to him?
Last time I remember seeing him, which, granted, I think was in a Secret Wars tie-in, he was some sort of lumberjack with a mustache. Why's he so...big now?
>>
>>78104697
For whatever reason, they decided to make Colossus musclefat.
>>
>>78104421
they kiss and made up for the Legion and Hellfire Club TV shows.

>>78104214
God the Ramos X-costumes are awful, also Uncanny Apoc Wars sounds the best Psylocke vs Pepe LePeW and Ken Lashley on art sounds like a winning combo to me.
>>
>>78104214
>Lemire
Literally writing Messiah Complex. "Mutantkind is an endangered species once more... As the mutant race’s last hope[/Hope] is jettisoned into the time stream, ... the fate of their kind is about to fall into the hands of one of their most formidable adversaries [Sinister/Apocalypse]" How did this get past the editors? This is the EXACT plot of Messiah Complex.

>Hopeless
Hopeless. Please don't fuck up Evan, he's one of the only good X-teens made since the Academy X team.

>Bunn
Actually seems interesting, but nobody is mentioning the fact that Warren's been around A LOT since Remender's UXF.

Also, I like that this is a non-crossover, reminds me of Fall of the Mutants.
>>
File: Evan saban nuh.jpg (63 KB, 421x639) Image search: [Google]
Evan saban nuh.jpg
63 KB, 421x639
>>78105483
But anon, arent you ready to see Evan as a gay!
>>
>>78105483
>Also, I like that this is a non-crossover, reminds me of Fall of the Mutants.
Alonso actually said that's what they were going for.
>>
>>78104214
You know, you'd think with all the time traveling the X-Men do, they'd stop taking all these mutually contradictory futuress seriously.
Merely knowing that future happens already decreases the odds of it hapening
>>
>>78104214
I wonder if the Apocalypse Twins will show up
>>
>>78104293
The fact that Remender will never get to finish his Uncanny storyline makes me very, very sad.
>>
>>78105604
That reminds me of that one web/fancomic, I don't know what they're called but the ones with the comedic take on X-Men tropes, that has a mutant come from the future and warn the X-Men and they basically laugh him off. "We know the future's going to be crap, nobody ever comes to warn us about an awesome future."
>>
>>78105646
Is there a Remender Storylines reading list?

He has the Apocalypse one and the Robot Uprising one, both of which went across his titles.
>>
>>78104214
Does this mean Evan and Archangel were editorial mandated since the beginning?
>>
File: Next Generation.jpg (404 KB, 700x643) Image search: [Google]
Next Generation.jpg
404 KB, 700x643
>>78105678
Waiting for the trade?
>>
>>78104421
Because only idiots think the x-men were getting replaced.
>>
>>78105744
Yes, these! Is there a link somewhere? A website?
>>
>>78105724
Most likely.
>>
>>78105724
Oh god this, but that doesnt answer the question, what is Iddle, the black girl in all new x-men, doing there.

she is only known for 2 things: being part of Hope 5 lights and being the gf of Quentin Quire.

I dont think the lights or even hope are relevant, leaving us with the theory of Quentin gone bad and she escaped to capture him.
>>
>>78105802
Yeah, here you go:
>http://waitingforthet.tumblr.com/
>>
>>78104214
Are these covers based off of the old Secret Wars covers. I know that giant screaming heads with heroes hurt in the foreground were common back in the day, but It just looked a little too familiar to me.
>>
File: Apocalypse_Twins_(Earth-616).jpg (374 KB, 562x742) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse_Twins_(Earth-616).jpg
374 KB, 562x742
>>78105634
they're locks to appear, Clan Akkaba is already confirmed for Uncanny and Time Fuckery is the Twins main power.

they're so cool looking I'd hate for them to go unused.
>>
>>78105944
Did their mother Pestilence, or Ichisumi, die? I know they killed Famine and War (or at least sent them into some weird time vortex thing that any writer that wanted to bring them back ould easily get them out of)
>>
File: X-Factor V1-06-001.jpg (721 KB, 1295x2011) Image search: [Google]
X-Factor V1-06-001.jpg
721 KB, 1295x2011
>>78105899
X-Factor #6 first Appearance of the Big A from 1986
>>
>>78105980
no last time she was mentioned Dark Beast claimed she was preggo with his evil baby.
>>
>>78105995
Oh god thank you. I have that exact issue and I just couldn't remember why it looked so familiar. If I already have it scanned I'll storytime the first couple of issues of X-Factor. I kinda wish I had more issues of it.
>>
>>78105995
I bought this issue in 5th grade, before I really got into collecting comics, it was being sold at a local bookstore for like 50 cents.

So happy I did, now that I know how important it is.
>>
>>78104214
Man, marvel really spreads those interviews out.
>>
>Apocalypse event without Cable
>No Rightclops either
>Not even Dadpool

Sometimes I feel like there's blanks in the X-franchise for things that should have a great deal of effect for other characters.
>>
>>78106260
Cable killed Apocalypse in 2000 with the Twelve event. He stopped his future.

Let the man move on, he's been to at least of couple of different bad futures since. At this point he's spent more time fighting Bishop than Pocy.
>>
>>78104725
That cover is pretty shitty. I don't know why they though doing it three times would make it better.
>>
>>78106366
it's a homage to >>78105995

Marvel's been doing a lot of homage pieces recently
>>
>>78105483
>Actually seems interesting, but nobody is mentioning the fact that Warren's been around A LOT since Remender's UXF.
Yeah. I don't think I'm down for his whole Death story arc all fucking over again. I mean we had fucking Dark Angel saga. I don't really know where else they could really go with Warren as Death.
>>
I hope Exodus shows up somewhere

What about Hope?
>>
>>78105995
First FULL appearance of Apocalypse. His first appearance was in X-Factor #5. Yeah...
>>
>>78106457
Oh look, the original actually pulled it off. Who would've thought.
>>
>>78106557
Exodus needs his swagger back after Bendis jobbed him out in Last Testament.
>>
>>78104214
Why Uncanny X-Men cover looks like shit.
>>
>>78105744
And now Bendis' creations will suffer the same fate
>>
>>78106694
Land
>>
>>78104214
>Apocalypse event during a period where Evan is being written by Hopeless
>Dennis "Let's Kill Mettle" Hopeless
I got a bad feeling about this...
>>
>>78106716
Nah, Triage will be in Uncanny. Goldballs will be in Spider-Man. Eva will surely re appear if time travel is involved in Extraordinary. I think those are it right? Kekkoos aren't Bendis'.
>>
>>78104214
Ok...

Warren had a great death in Uncanny X-Force. it seemed like the perfect way to end his story after the whole amputation/suicide/Death thing. But New-Angel hasn't done anything but be a ghoulish reminder.
>>
File: 1449784671110.jpg (14 KB, 428x416) Image search: [Google]
1449784671110.jpg
14 KB, 428x416
>yfw Bendis tie-in happens
>>
This sounds strangely great, but you can't fool me Marvel.
>>
>>78106770
shame this isn't a real crossover we still need a real Adult and Teen Warren moment since he's the character who really the most different between the two versions.
>>
>>78106557
>What about Hope?
Marvel seems to be in denial about the fact that their X-Men policy has led them to redo the exact same decade long plot line they only just wrapped up.

So the last thing they are going to do is make the centrepiece of that plotline reappear in this one. And everyone who was a real part of it will be written just so far out of character, as to never mention the fact.

It's just really depressing and sad.
>>
Whatever happened to the apocalypse seed from Liu's X-Men? The one that made Iceman go evil.
>>
File: 1444683188670.jpg (88 KB, 524x588) Image search: [Google]
1444683188670.jpg
88 KB, 524x588
>A crossover that'll probably be shit and is clearly just tying into the hype of the film deserves a sticky.
>>
>>78106800
but he isnt working in x-men
>>
>>78106873
>have a five-year-long plot about mutantkind becomes endangered, and the X-Men fighting to change that
>Five Lights appear, Hope did her job, mutantkind is safe-ish again
>What do we do now?
>X-Men Civil War
>Done, what do we do then?
>X-Men vs. Avengers
>Phoenix restored mutants, last vestiges of Hope Saga are done. What do we do then?
>Fucking nothing for a couple of years, end the universe, start it back up with the mutants endangered again and do the story one more time.
>>
>>78106930
I wonder how long it'll be for mutantkind to be safe-ish again so they can do it all voer again.
>>
>>78106930
It's even funnier when you realize they also did the same thing in Wood's Ultimate X-Men.
>>
>>78106930
fucking Bendis ruin it, all i wanted was slice of life mutants adventures
>>
>>78106977
>yfw this is it for the X-Men, the next fifty years are just going to be this story, over and over again
>2060s: sales tank as the fans give up on the franchise
>it's down to just Uncanny
>Uncanny starts doing reprints of old issues because there's no difference at this point
>Uncanny gets cancelled
>2075: After a successful one-shot featuring mostly new characters, an untested writer by the name of Carl Clayton is given the reigns to the franchise, and brings it to a new golden age

>this is Marvel's plan all along
>>
>>78106930
The Lights did jack-shit and you know it. Most of Schism was started by fucking Quire (again), with the Lights being only marginally fought over, and X-Men vs. Avengers the Lights were basically forgotten, except Hope. A shame, since the Lights have potential if they weren't such cardboard cutouts.
>>
File: Benis 2.gif (1 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
Benis 2.gif
1 MB, 355x200
>>78107034
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who your talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit >>77869998

Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He' the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.
>>
>>78107390
;_;
>>
>>78106929
No, but he has the last fertile mutant in his hands, connecting him to X-men.
>>
>>78107577
She's a Guardian now and since the X-gene is passed through the father, she won't have any mutant kids.
>>
>>78104214
Why does apoc have one big tooth in the middle?
>>
>>78108004
he is the father of squirrel girl, no kidding
>>
>>78104214
Boo!
We want cyclops back!
>>
>>78107668
>X-gene is passed through the father

Do you have a source other than X2 for that?
>>
File: different-body-types.jpg (167 KB, 1024x615) Image search: [Google]
different-body-types.jpg
167 KB, 1024x615
>>78105337

Personally I love it. I'm sick of seeing every character with identical physiques. There's so many different ways that a person can be fit and powerful and healthy; they don't all have to look like "Mr Universe" competitors. I hope we see more of this sort of thing, where different characters, while still being as healthy and as built as the superheroic lifestyle demands, have different outlines that makes them more distinctive.
>>
>>78107668
>>78108349
It doesn't make any sense anyway. A gene like that would have to pass on through the mother otherwise their would be no female mutants.
>>
>>78108525

I had to think about that for a moment, but you're right. The only way for this to make sense is if the X-Gene were (ironically, given the nomenclature) linked to the Y Chromosome. And if that were the case, it wouldn't manifest in women since obviously they wouldn't inherit that chromosome from their fathers.
>>
>>78108525
>>78108624
Actually the X-gene is not related to either I think. It's kind of a lottery. Even two mutant parents could end up having a normal human.

That said, The gene pool of Kitty and Quill is so full of many different shit (Celestial, Spartoi, Human, Mutant, Jew, White) that mutant has very little chance of happening.
>>
>>78109151
Since the X-gene is one gene, it can't be diluted, only not inherited or not activated. So you could theoretically have a ridiculous hybrid mutant.
>>
>>78109475
Marvel writers and artists utterly FAIL at science. It's now currently some X shaped thing that's way bigger than a gene since it's visible at a cellular level. Galacta had an explanation of it basically being a genetic nanoscale reality warping device but that's noncanon.
>>
>>78109541
>>78109475
Oh and we already had a ridiculous hybrid in Franklin Richards unless you mean a mutant with multiple X-genes which has any number of possible contenders for that since we haven't seen any research papers from the MU.
The Neo are basically mutant mutants as one example. Then there's the killcrops which are what the mutants you see with genes that express themselves at birth instead of at adolescence. Then there are the skrull mutants since it turns out all Skrulls were already mutants with shapeshifting genes by default as a nonhuman example.
>>
>>78104637

Wait... Did Archangel get his memory back?
>>
>>78109541
That was from Aaron's WATXM

Just in ore everything in that book if you value sanity
>>
>>78107002
>they also did the same thing in Wood's Ultimate X-Men.

That shit pissed me off SOOOOO fucking much.

I started reading UXM because I DIDN'T LIKE DECIMATION ... so naturally 99.999% of Mutants (voluntarily!) depower and the last 10 or so are shipped off to an "X - Reservation."
>>
File: 262014-29567-cadre-k.png (570 KB, 415x640) Image search: [Google]
262014-29567-cadre-k.png
570 KB, 415x640
>>78109652
>skrull mutants since it turns out all Skrulls were already mutants with shapeshifting genes
Nah, the "default" Skrulls with shapeshifting are the Deviants of their race, they killed all but one of their Eternals and the normal ones were presumbably bred out. Cadre K is a group of Skrull mutants with the X-Gene, presumbably any race the Celestials experimented on has the X-gene.
Dire Wraiths are related to Skrulls and they have their own Inhumans.
>>
>>78110457
We don't know yet but I think this is a third Archangel.
>>
>>78104214
What is Darksied War?
>>
>>78106321
>ignoring cable coming back to deal with Fantocosmicmexi
>>
File: Uncanny_X-Men_6_Cover[1].jpg (2 MB, 988x1500) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny_X-Men_6_Cover[1].jpg
2 MB, 988x1500
Because OP is a faggot.

EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #8
JEFF LEMIRE (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
“APOCALYPSE WARS” STARTS NOW!
Mutantkind is an endangered species once more. But what better way to ensure your people see the future…than to skip ahead right to it? As the mutant race’s last hope is jettisoned into the time stream, the Extraordinary X-Men make a startling discovery: the fate of their kind is about to fall into the hands of one of their most formidable adversaries — the immortal APOCALYPSE. Now, the X-Men race into a perilous future, desperate to reclaim what was taken from them…and completely unaware of the horrors that await them.
On Sale This March!

UNCANNY X-MEN #6
Written by CULLEN BUNN
Art by KEN LASHLEY
Cover by GREG LAND [pic related without watermark]
On Sale This April!

ALL-NEW X-MEN #9
Written by DENNIS HOPELESS
Art and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
On Sale This May!
>>
>>78104214
Honestly, I'm just wondering when Deadpool is going to die (and die "permanently" aka the Death of Deadpool). I mean, they killed off Prof X and Wolverine. And now it seems that Rightclops ha bit it.
So now I'm waiting for Deadpool to die and get replaced by a minority (maybe Gwenpool will replace him)
>>
>>78118113
Nah, Deadpoil is racking in piles of cash at the moment. He's not going anywhere.
>>
>>78118175
And he could sell even more and get progressive points if he was a female Muslim half-black half-latino
>>
>>78104214
Wait, which Iceman is on the Ex-X-men team? Is young Bobby on two teams?
>>
>>78118113
Even if Deadpool finally died, he'd just be accepted by Death as her concubine, and then he'd get a new ongoing being a psychopomp and (basically) a black lantern
>>
>>78118583
That's regular bob, he wears that swimsuit thing. Teen Bob does the ice sculpture look.
>>
>>78115403
Why did magneto jack cyclops' uniform?
>>
>>78118805
>Xavier dies, Magneto shaves his head
>Cyclops dies, Magneto wears his costume
>>
>>78118576
Maybe. Or people would all go NOT MUH.
>>
>>78118175
Implying cyclops didn't bring in the money. Come on let's face it, cyclops made UXM, everyone read it because they're were following him, I fit weren't for him UXM would be boring I'm certain Magnetoclops is going to be uninteresting.
>>
>>78118815
Makes sense I suppose.
>>
>>78118828
Oh yes, he got popular more in last decade than for all of his existence. But remember that he's X-Man, fanbase hate everyone bar their favorites, and my favorite, Cyclopsfags who don't like Rightclops and want him to return to boy scout mentality.
>>
>>78118831
I bet Magneto will feel silly when Xavier and Cyclops come back.
Maybe he'll wear white again and start rocking lion's mane.
>>
>>78104214
The problem is, marvel comics are underwhelming. I'll stick with the movies. After what marvel did to x-men, I say fuck the comics.
>>
>>78115403
>calls OP a faggot for not posting solicitations
>Posts non solicitations
You are a double faggot
>>
>>78119860
Lol. Only Extraordinary's solicit was revealed in advance. Full solicitations on Tuesday.
>>
>>78119175
then go back to /tv/
>>
>>78104214
>More Apoc
Dis.
Gon.
B.
Gud.
>>
>>78106743
Please, he'd only kill Evan if he was a threat to or obstacle for his current proxy-dick.
>>
>>78104551
Mutants got shat on even during the Claremont years. Evey time it looks like they're getting somewhere with their goal of equality, a new writer evokes status quo, and throws them back to square one.

Mutants have always gotten the short end of the stick.

In-universe, anyway.
>>
>>78104293
Rick Remender was Marvel's best writer and they treated him like dogshit. Good for him for moving on. Bad for us that he never got to continue his work, especially on the X-Men line.
>>
>>78122434
>Implying he killed Mettle for shipping
If he had done it for that, he wouldn't have waited until almost cancelled to do the shipping. He would have done it next issue.
>>
>>78105536
>Not naming it Evan_Almighty.jpeg
>>
>>78125255
Nah, he had to establish Anachronism as a character everyone wants before hand. He had Nara and Cullen after his D first, with Hazmat as the end game.

Anachronism has no subplot besides this.

Hazmat has no real plot beyond who she is getting D from.

And Anachroinism is the character that Hopeless admitted to IDing with the most in interviews.

The delay means nothing.
>>
So is not killing Evan what causes this?
>>
>>78126078
Probably.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.