[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought I had seen all the major (i.e. the very acclaimed/popular)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: You Ought to Be in Pictures.jpg (154 KB, 1480x1080) Image search: [Google]
You Ought to Be in Pictures.jpg
154 KB, 1480x1080
I thought I had seen all the major (i.e. the very acclaimed/popular) Merrie Melodies & Looney Tunes shorts so how did I miss this all these years? I fucking LOVED IT and surely this had to be one of the first shorts to involve animated characters interacting in a live action environment and with live actors? So, it's probably wouldn't be going too far to use the sometimes overused term "ahead of it's time".
>>
I wonder what was it like to be an animator in the 40's.
>>
>>78100203
You were probably either pissed off at Walt Disney if you worked for him, or laughing at him if you didn't
>>
>>78100203
It was wonderful filling. Animation studios were like countries inside of a country
>>
>>78100038
No, not one of the first. In fact, the very first Looney Tunes cartoon had a cartoon character interacting with live action actors.
>>
>>78101281
Yeah, but how did people even learn to animate back then? Everything was so rudimentary.
>>
>>78100038
Porky Pig looks like Billy Quiz Boy in that image...
>>
>>78101823
You learned from people who were mastering it
>>
File: The_Horse_in_Motion.jpg (213 KB, 1536x952) Image search: [Google]
The_Horse_in_Motion.jpg
213 KB, 1536x952
>>78101823
By observing motion and analyzing each frame of sequences they filmed.
>>
>>78102880
Thank you.
>>
>>78100038
dude they made live actions like these already in the 20's at fleischers
most of the really early ones actually involved live action, i bet there are some MM examples with Bosko too
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.