[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pride comics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: 1395623293089.jpg (107 KB, 500x716) Image search: [Google]
1395623293089.jpg
107 KB, 500x716
What is /co/ opinion on this? I thought this series died but it continues.
Are there any /ga/co/cks? What do you think about how lgbt represented in this piece of...comicbook industry?
>>
File: 1395619738134.jpg (933 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1395619738134.jpg
933 KB, 1536x2048
>>78093827
page example
>>
I'm not really into the idea of making separate book for "representation"(read: profit) and the dialogue sounds almost like satire but I admit the idea of the bear guy being a literal bear is pretty funny
>>
Stereotypes having stereotypical arguments?

No thank you. I'll continue reading Midnighter.
>>
>>78093959
>>78093975
These. Its stereotypes promoted as "representation" for pandering bucks.
All that aside the one issue I did read was just not good.
>>
>>78093839

Is this satire, or is this for real?

If it's satire, then I guess it's kind of funny. But I don't care about all that SJW and Tumblr crap.

If it's real and meant to be taken seriously, then who is it targeting specifically? Because honestly if I'm going to want a character that appeals to me and my sexuality I'd want them to be a character, and treated like a person and not just a list of stereotypes thats obvious it's pandering to me.
>>
>>78093827
It's really, really gay. Like, 90s raunchy parody gay. It reads like it started out as a joke satirizing overtly political and representative comics, but then someone who wasn't in on the joke overheard it and actually wrote the thing. It seems so incredibly tone deaf for something written by a gay guy, like one of those later, shitty exploitation movies that are content to ape better films. Also while everyone is a stereotype, the lesbians in particular come across as particularly one-note and non-representative. I've only read the first two issues, but the author seems to think drag queens and transsexualism are linked when they're not.
>>
>>78093827
Somehow the bear seems out of place here. It's just a bear, and then there's everything else in that picture.
>>
>>78093839
Should have made it so that the bear actually made bear sounds. No talking just growls and shit
>>
>>78093839
>bear like
That's a bear.
>>
>Literally rainbows and catty conversations.

This is embarrassing.
>>
>>78094322
Bears are in fact, bear-like. The comic would like it that you knew that about bears. They also are apart of gay super hero teams that include super lesbians, which must be some kind of advanced lesbian type cause their name lists them separately from the gay and bisexual bit. Now I'm wondering why White Trash Man is there, shouldn't he be their enemy or something?
>>
>>78093839
Wow someone should just punch her in the face!

“I’m Going To form My Own trans hero league With Blackjack and Hookers”
>>
File: 1395621504623.jpg (874 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1395621504623.jpg
874 KB, 1536x2048
OP is back. I checked this page twice and abandoned because it had no updates. Now i see new comments.
>>78094116
>If it's satire, then I guess it's kind of funny. But I don't care about all that SJW and Tumblr crap.
The thing is IT IS NOT a satire.
It's an actual lgbt superheroes and everything supposed to be serious. But it looks ridiculous.
>>78094229
>It's really, really gay. Like, 90s raunchy parody gay.
this. Im gay and i cant stand this shit.
>>78094326
>This is embarrassing.
it is
>>
File: 1395669857773.jpg (121 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
1395669857773.jpg
121 KB, 1136x640
>>78094399
also this cracked me up. It was from scene when that LGBT-man saves this nerdy gay kid from bullies and kid says this line.
If i was a straight bully there is no way that scene would change my mind. In fact...it would do completely opposite thing.
>>
It has good idea. FabMan is tired how the media keeps representing his superhero stuff because of his sexual orientation. That is funny gimmick kind of like the one in One-Punch Man. But it falls into the pit of irony because it's doing exactly what media does with gay people.
>>
File: coulson.jpg (16 KB, 615x461) Image search: [Google]
coulson.jpg
16 KB, 615x461
>>78094408
>You're fabulous!
>>
>>78094326
Personally, I'd rather that they go even crazier. Full on Sonichu/OUR LOVE IS REAL level. Don't go full retard. Be the force that breaks beyond the source wall of retardation.
>>
>>78094399
mind storytiming this shit?
it looks fucking hilarious
>>
>>78094419
So you're saying that he's upset with how media portray gays, but then wears a rainbow flag with a pink costume, while also shooting a rainbow behind him while flying if the OP cover is to be taken at face value, and he has a problem with how the media portrays gays? The dude is a flying stereotype of a bunch of gay stuff all rolled into one thing. Someone didn't think this through, like letting a dingo watch your baby.
>>
>>78094348
Sadly, this sort of thing really does matter. Many people in Gay communities often even have biases against transgenders, asexuals and even the bisexual, since they don't "Choose a side" and don't think they should be represented.
>>
>>78094472
No it's like, he's out of the closet and there's other superhero who's gay too so they kind of hang out together but then the media starts spreading false rumors of their relationship like they're "superqueeroes".
>>
>>78094489
But this is confusing to me, if he doesn't want his sexuality to be the only thing about him that people remember, why does he specifically bring it to forefront? These two things create a conflict of interest to me is all I'm saying.
>>
Is this...is this a parody?

Meme aside, it's hard to believe someone would make a serious comic with these blatant stereotypes in the year of two thousand and fifteen.
>>
>>78094517
He joins that group to show that LGBT people can be just as good superheroes as others and that's where it falls
>>
>>78094532
It sounds like Borderlands: The Pre-sequel all over again. Wanted to include a bunch of gay and lesbian characters, then forgot to write anything beyond the whole gay part and thought that was enough. It's never enough, now I've got a bunch of pricks I could care less about and somehow their the ones I'm supposed to sympathize with even though all of them are less like-able then the villain.
>>
>>78094444
>mind storytiming this shit?
>it looks fucking hilarious
Sadly i dont have full thing. I saved some from one article. That's all i have. I might do it later.

Also nice quads.
>>
>>78094312
>everyone thinks he's a gay bear-like superhero
>its just an actual fucking bear
>>
>>78094558
Man it's a stage. We'll go through a rocky part where people clumsily try to include gay characters in fiction on various points of the scale from word of god "oh yeah he's gay" a la Dumbledore to Captain Asscrack's Gay Adventures.

It's exactly what happened with blacks in the 70s and 80s. It'll settle down as writers learn how the fuck to write them and audiences get used to it.
>>
File: otWqC2G.png (351 KB, 720x443) Image search: [Google]
otWqC2G.png
351 KB, 720x443
>>78094644
>>
>>78094517
Everyone in the comic is a gay archetype. Fabman is a flamer, The Bear is a bear, White Trash is macho gay, and the Colossus ripoff is a twink. The guy in the jacket on the cover is straight gay.
>>
>>78094644
He's not a bear that turns into a bear, he's actually a bear that turns into a bear.
>>
>>78094709
Straight gay?
>>
>>78094821
Wouldn't realize they're gay unless they tell you.
>>
>>78094826
Ah, got'cha.
>>
>>78094826
>>78094784
>typical leather daddy
>DURR HURR HES STRAIGHT BECAUSE HE LOOKS BADASS SO HE DONT LOOK LIKE GAY AND ALL PINKISH :D
Im gay but you sure is a faggot.
PS:
they sure do thought
>>
File: 14469132836111.jpg (84 KB, 486x750) Image search: [Google]
14469132836111.jpg
84 KB, 486x750
>>78094875
>Ah, got'cha.
your mom gotcha ---> >>78094961
>>
>>78094961
>>78094969
He's not a leather daddy or queen, as far as we can tell the only thing he's wearing is the harness which isn't particularly unique to the leather scene, as opposed to the constant Rob Halford lookalike contest.
>>
>>78094997
ok i fucked up. he is literal straight gay, and the White Trash is the gay who has leather daddy feels because he's into sideburns and other manly stuff.
i thought you was talking about him and i almost sure white trash was wearing leather jacket in some issues.
>>
The entire comic if taken seriously takes gay people back a few decades. It's a shit comic that embarrasses people who it proclaims to represent.
>>
>>78094283
Hah, this would be amazing if it was just an actual bear the entire time, just following him around while everyone acts like a tumblr shithead.

Fucking brilliant.
>>
>>78094961
No. A leather daddy is a leather fetishist who happens to be over a certain age. Some of them are flamboyant as hell. Straight Gay just means they don't have any of the stereotypical habits you associate with gay people while still banging them.

Like the jock in paranorman.
>>
>>78095056
>its a stereotype to not be a stereotype
Beig gay truly is the worst hell
>>
>>78095056
>over a certain age
This is bullshit.
Being leather daddy or leather boy is all about how you feel about it. You can be a 22 leather daddy and dominate over 69y/o guy who feel like he is a leather boy.
>Some of them are flamboyant as hell
just some of them like any other gay stereo
>mfw im from leather community and explain it on /co/
feels weird
>>
File: 1445979966657.png (324 KB, 666x617) Image search: [Google]
1445979966657.png
324 KB, 666x617
>>78095078
>Beig gay truly is the worst hell
dont be a fag. Being straight beta faggot with alimony and wife/kids is way worse.

Also straigh gay is almost a made up shit. Its not that official.
>>
>>78094558

...?

What?

Bitch I beat Pre-Sequel and the only overtly gay character I ran across was Jenny Sparks and she mentioned having a girlfriend in LITERALLY the exact same way a male character would, then hit on Moxxi because Moxxi is fucking hot. I feel like sexuality came up like maybe two other times and that was it. What the fuck are you even on about.
>>
>>78095102
>>78095078
>Straight Gay just means they don't have any of the stereotypical habits you associate with gay people while still banging them.
Take a load of this retarded stuff.
Most of gays dont have stereotypes slapped to them. Stop watching Youtube videos of gay parades and do some homework already.
>>
>>78095102
>>78095117
It's my experience that straight gay is mostly used by straight people and the kind of gay people whose identity revolves around being gay.
>>
>>78095117
>do some homework already.
Don't you mean homowork?
>>
File: 1437577089067.jpg (363 KB, 1328x1318) Image search: [Google]
1437577089067.jpg
363 KB, 1328x1318
>>78095112
>Bitch I beat Pre-Sequel and the only overtly gay character I ran across was Jenny Sparks and she mentioned having a girlfriend in LITERALLY the exact same way a male character would
i dont know why im doing this because i need to protect my own kind and bla bla bla, but i always wanted a reason to post picrelated.
>>
>>78095121
I honestly never ever heard this term outside of internet and imageboards.
In my opinion the most "straight" gays are
1) people who are "just gays".
2) bears (because 80% of them look like normal middle aged man/your dad and dont look like a gay at all)
And it often used by twinks and some "super gay" people as insult.
Like for example:

Me: - Ugh...who would watch Sex in the City? If you ever catch me watching that stupid stuff just kill me. :\

Super Gay: - Ewww you are such a macho straight dude. Go listen to country music or whatevs...i just...i just cant.... D:

(sounds cringy but this how it sounded back when i was visiting /lgbt/, lol)
>>
>>78095137

Death of the author and all that. Jenny Sparks didn't feel particularly forced to me, just came across as a kind of stupid (albeit mostly harmless) creeper. Whether or not that was intended, I have no idea, but she read perfectly fine to me. I literally do not remember which other characters weren't straight, so it can't have mattered much, which is how it should be. Also, the only post there that's even vaguely off-putting is the one at the bottom and even that isn't that bad. It's also not sourced, but it absolutely sounds like him, so I'm more than willing to believe he said it.
>>
>>78095160
Straight gay is the male version of chapstick lesbian, a meaningless distinction.
>>
>>78095187
>chapstick
Shouldn't it be lipstick?
>>
>>78095199
Nope. It goes lipstick, chapstick, and butch. Butch is about the only label that really means anything and only when they're not trying to subdivide it into things like "soft butch."
>>
>>78093827
>a literal bear
errytim
>>
>>78095056
>Straight Gay just means they don't have any of the stereotypical habits you associate with gay people while still banging them.

>Like the jock in paranorman.
ok im mad. There are tons of muscle gays who look like just any guy who visits gym. Quit stereotyping. Especially doing it by looking at this shitty comics.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.