[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /co/ Can anyone help me remember the title of a comic? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: animu.jpg (14 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
animu.jpg
14 KB, 236x236
Sup /co/

Can anyone help me remember the title of a comic? It was storytimed here some time ago, but I forgot the name.

It was made in Korea but translated into English. The story was about a group of people with super powers, first they fought against some government super guys and later there was some sort of alien invasion. They all had different powers and I don't remember most of them, but the main character had super strong legs. The story starts with him getting his power somehow and then his wife and kid get arrested/kidnapped.

Picture not related.
>>
>>78072730
Cyborg 009?
>>
>>78072744
Nah there weren't any cyborgs, it was more an X-Men mutant kind of thing, except aliens were invlved somehow IIRC.
>>
File: p02.jpg (309 KB, 580x6942) Image search: [Google]
p02.jpg
309 KB, 580x6942
Ah, managed to find it after all.

In case anyone's interested, it's caled Trace.
>>
>>78072730
1-5 are acceptable. 6 is borderline and 7-9 can go into the dustbin of forgotten 90's anime right next to Saber Marionette J.
>>
File: jap slap.jpg (1 MB, 1342x1940) Image search: [Google]
jap slap.jpg
1 MB, 1342x1940
>>78072730
>>
>>78073886
To be fair, I used to hate on anime for its visuals, but after watching more with some friends, I find the writing to be the absolute worst part. Japan has some straight-up awful character archetypes, and the way they structure their plots and dialogue is often painful. People want to blame VAs on terrible English dubs, but it's not their fault. Try reading some anime subtitles out loud some time, and see how awkward and stilted it sounds. This is why the best dubs are the ones where the script is completely re-written. Unfortunately, you can't do that nowadays, else the demi-weebs lose their shit.
>>
4-6 is god-tier
>>
>>78072922
Isn't this a bit transphobic?
>>
>>78076292
Most fansubbers are awful because they don't know how to do a proper localisation, so they translate everything literally even though the sentence structure ends up feeling awkward as fuck.

Though that's hardly an issue with anime and more one of weebs being weebs.
>>
>>78077036
Sometimes it's not even the sentence structure, it's just the nature and existence of dialogue itself. Japanese characters will often state the most pointless/redundant/tedious things, stuff you would never imagine a normal human being saying. Sometimes I wonder if it's just the way their society is, or of it's an archetype of anime writing that won't die. These lines are often so awkward, that a localisation team will often have to completely omit them or change them to something entirely unrelated because having X character speak up to say Y dialogue was just absolutely retarded on all levels.

My favorite dubs are Lupin The Third. If you watch them with the original Japanese script as subtitles, you realize that 90% of the dialogue was changed completely, but in the end, the scenes still get the same points across without sounding like they were written by an aspie.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.