[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ I would like hear your take on Ghost, I remember seeing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-12-10-02-00-30.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-10-02-00-30.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
/co/ I would like hear your take on Ghost, I remember seeing it for obvious reasons and was considering trying to collect the series in tradeback / omni form. What I would like to get is your thoughts, is it worth the time and effort and money?

The reviews I read were for a reboot I think, when I Googled up a few images the art appeared much older than I figured the comic was, which led to my believing that what I read was a reboot.
>>
>>78072196
Awesome design, shit character and comic.
>>
Original series was from Dark Horse's ill-fated superhero line from the mid nineties. It was the longest running of the bunch, although it too eventually faded away. Dark Horse relaunched several of those titles in the last few years, but once again none of them lasted more than a couple of years.

Anyway, I really like Ghost. It's basically about a woman investigating her own murder. Lots of conspiracies within conspiracies and shady organizations and that sort of thing. I own the five omnibuses and think they're worth every penny.
>>
>>78072254
See, that sounds kind of cool, how much did you pay, if you don't mind my asking.
>>
>>78072325
I paid ~$20 each, but you can get them all off IST for less than $14 each.
>>
>>78072377
I just checked amazon, they are dirt fucking cheap, by god. How is the interior art work? If what >>78072249 said is true, then does the art at least make up for that?
>>
>>78072393
Adam Hughes penciled the first three issues, which is certainly the best it ever looked. He did a kind of art deco design that subsequent artists followed. Later on it starts to have much more generic '90s art work (30 some issues in, if memory serves).
>>
I'd say get the first two collections at least and Ghost /Batgirl crossover if you can find it
>>
>>78072481
I fucking love crossovers, I will totally look for it, which Batgitl? Babs, Steph or Cass?
>>78072473
I think I just might do that.
>>
>>78072501
Cass
>>
File: 1443647642106.gif (408 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1443647642106.gif
408 KB, 300x300
>>78072511
>tfw that's what I was hoping you'd say
Well, I better get looking!
>>
>>78072473
Dodson worked on it too IIRC
>>
>>78072521
So he did. Looking, Cassaday did an issue as well.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.