[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Days of Future Past wasn't a very good movie. >too much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
Days of Future Past wasn't a very good movie.
>too much jennifer lawrence
>too much mystique
>too much kitty
>all plastic 1970s robots that take 50 years to be deployed
>mystique's power gives sentinels rogue's power
>quicksilver scene was great, but was just a fuck you to marvel and it showed by how tacked on it was
>that magneto costume out of no where, also looked shit
>beast's serum (actually cool, like a reference to the cure) also cures Chuck's spine
>terrible cgi, namely wolverine's rebar wounds

First Class sucked too.
>>
>>78066828
>Jennifer Lawrence and Mystique are separate points
Fuck you
>>
>>78066888
>Nixon's not gonna be pushed around any more
>>
>>78066888
she's terrible in the part and the character was too central
I realize she's so important to the plot because she's jennifer lawrence but still, I have two different gripes about it.
>>
>>78066828
ok, well what do you want us to do about it?
>>
>>78066828
The entire X-men movie series is a fucking disaster.
just gibe it back to marvel and reboot it already
>>
>>78066828
Best cape movie of its year, by far.
>>
File: 1.jpg (39 KB, 600x343) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
39 KB, 600x343
I hope he uses his electricity powers for once. It sucks that they aren't sticking to source material
>>
>>78066828
>Didn't watch Rogue Cut
However that's understandable, Fox didn't have the balls to do a Special Edition theatrical release like they did with Star Wars
>>
>>78067728
>The Winter Soldier
>Guardians of the Galaxy
If DoFP is better than those movies, it isn't by far.

Still DoFP past has a lot of cool ideas and is relatively unique for a comic book movie, but the final execution was lacking.
>>
Yeah I also found it to be pretty miserable. I guess because it had very overt two bit cheap drama a lot of people got suckered into seeing some sorta depth. X2, The Wolverine and First Class are way better X-men movies.
>>
File: actually i did.png (189 KB, 886x227) Image search: [Google]
actually i did.png
189 KB, 886x227
>>78067845
And what does that fix? It's better than the theatrical I agree but Rogue isn't where the sentinels are getting their powers from.
>>
>>78066828
>too much kitty
you are asking for a pasta here aren't you?
>>
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Days of Future Past was a lot of things, but I ultimately thought it was boring. And the fact that it was boring made it very easy to tear apart all the little things. And I sincerely tried to go in with an open-mind. I was not expecting it to be boring. But... it was.
>>
>>78066828
You know, I don't know if I ever really liked an X-Men movie. None of them are that good.
Yeah, X-2 is the best, but even that one has its fare share of problems. Even these new ones don't excite me. I'm just not a fan of Fox's formula, I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 732x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 732x726
>>78066828
And yet it was better than Age of Ultron.
/thread
>>
>>78072072
no not /thread because thats irrelevant and meaningless. If all you can think of is console war bullshit when no one else brought it up at all you have problems.
>>
>>78072072
Like that was so fucking hard to do, even we Marveldrones know that AoU was shit.
>>
>>78072108
If RottenTomatoes says it's a great film then it's a great film
/thread
>>
>>78072072
73% is certified fresh???
Huh.
>>
>>78067908
>The Wolverine
You lost your credibility.
>>
>>78066828

My biggest gripe all comes down the assassination scene.... so like.... We need to save Trask or with his death more powerful sentinels will be made? Obviously Striker doesn't make these things.... I guess they tried to hint he continues their work and someone else continues his work and... why not go back 10 years and save striker? Right.... had to be a First class sequel..... OK... I just think someone else should have been the target, idk

Also... we need magneto and he gets to mystique before she kills trask only to stand there and do nothing, till he decides to kill mystique. Like.... wtf? They do all this shit to get magneto and he doesn't even talk to mystique before just be like "FUCK THIS SHIT!"

The whole killing trask, killing mystique felt really weak, but I did think that whole scene was pretty intense.
>>
>>78066828
Too much kitty?
>>
>>78072290
Joss Whedon pls go
Your movie was shit, mmkay? Singer is better than you in every way. You just hate to movie because you're jelly and making up issue.
>>
>>78072309
It's just MCU.CKs making up problems for a movie because they are jealous.

Just wait til X-Men apocolyse is better than civil wars. The tears will be delicious.
>>
>>78072317

Also, no female x-men in 1973? Beast, wolverine, havoc, prof x, there' no female mutants? At all? No Scarlet Witch, only female mutant in 1973 is a bad guy? Come on....
>>
>>78072334
mystique wasn't bad, just misunderstood.
>>
>>78066828
agreed.
>>
>>78072317
>>78072332
You know not everything is about console wars bullshit

>>78072309
yeah, why is it kitty's power that sends people's brains through time?

I'd probably be more okay with it if more future mutant were shown to have secondary mutations but we don't see a single other one.
>>
>>78072356
Op, stop replying to yourself and go to bed
>>
>>78072359
I bet you're the same person who asks why crabs talk in cartoons when in real life they can't.
Psst, here's a hint, it's fiction!
I would also suggest never reading anything from Morrison since it is obvious your pathetic brain is unable to grasp fiction.
>>
>>78072359

We needed more time in the future, more exposition. It all gets summed up super quick with a patrick stewart voice over. I would have liked to have seen more of this mutant experimentation stuff. It could have been kitty was in the camps and altered and rogue as well. SOOOO sad in the rogue cut rogue doesn't have additional powers, just rogue picking up a big rock and throwing it would have been enough.

They obviously had mutants captive and not killed, it would have been interesting to explore the horrors a bit more. Its experimentation in the past that directly leads to this ugly future. Its a subplot that needed to be highlighted far more.
>>
>>78072380
stop shitposting
>>
>>78072459
It's not shitposting if it's True
All the critics and reviewers thought the movie was Amazing.>>78072072
It's only a very very very small minority of people like you who don't like it. Which means logically you are wrong and have wrong beliefs. It's YOU that's the problem. You just don't get the movie at. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if you hade some minor autism or mental disorder that prevents you from truely understanding the movie and it's greatness.
I feel very sorry for you.
>>
>>78072498
It's shitposting because you keep bringing up the MCU and Joss Whedon, neither of which is relevant to the conversation here.

It's shitposting to say I don't understand how "fiction" works because I think it's stupid Kitty has a new power for no reason.

It's shitposting to spew out claims of autism because someone doesn't like what you like.
>>
>>78072575
Yep, you have autism alright. Now it makes perfect sense why you don't like X-Men: Days of Future Past. You don't like it because you can't understand it. Someone of your limited brain capacity would be better suited watching something less complex like Transformers: Age of Extinction or Teen Titans Go!.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.