[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think they're going to do with this guy? Fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: GU0v9IA.jpg (344 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
GU0v9IA.jpg
344 KB, 1000x1537
What do you think they're going to do with this guy? Fuck up continuity? Retcon the entities? Something good?
>>
Delicious Hal-on-Hal action.
>>
>>78066491
Hal was always meant to be a villan. It's in his nature to take it to the limit, and becoming a villan was the best scenario to come out of that evolution. By making him a hero again, not just in his eyes, but to those he seriously destroyed is and was a huge backwards step and insulting.
That and the fact that Barbra Gordon can walk now making her journey as a handicapped hero mute, and that Barry Allen came back making his sacrifice pointless.

Bravo, asshole DC editorial. Go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>78066663
>THESE CHARACTERS NEED TO STAY THE WAY I REMEMBERED THEM FOREVER AND EVER
>>
>>78066724
>reverting things to the status quo is development
>>
>>78066793
>Can't come up with new characters.
>Let's fuck up established ones.
>>
>>78066724
>who wants good stories?
>I want Hal and Barry back
>I like my heroes not growing up
>>
>>78066724
Srsly, that Barbra shit is Fuckka no insulting to the handicapped.
>magically my legs work! Yays! Comics!
>>
>>78067013
Heh.
"Fucking insulting to the handicapped "
>>
>>78066661
I'm in it for this

>>78066663
>Hal was always meant to be a villan
he's too pure
>>
So he basically confirms the Hal Jordan lied theory, right?
>>
>>78068928
which one is that?
>>
>>78069060
Hal Jordan lied. He wasn't possessed by the yellow entity paralax when he went evil.
>>
>>78069137
No, because this isn't the same Hal.
>>
>>78069169
This is the Hal that went evil. The fuck you talking about?
>>
>>78069211
Have you read Convergence? Do you read comics at all, or do you just take stupid WOW DEEPEST LORE bullshit at face value from Reddit?
>>
>>78068928
>>78069137
Not until they try to pull the Fearbug out of this one and there's nothing there, or he recreates the other entities or something

Which I desperately hope they don't do, that would be a pretty big fuck you on Venditti's part and considering most of his run has felt like one big fuck you that's saying something
>>
>>78069250
You're the wrong one anon. That is pre Zero Hour Hal.
>>
>>78069250
>>>/tv/
>>
>>78069578
I can see Vendi saying "Hal wasn't possessed fuck you Johns". Retconning a retcon is stupid shit that doesn't surprise me anymore.
>>
>>78069594
This is from another Earth, one not chartered by Multiversity and clearly a consequence from Covergence. Paralax is greying, while Prime Hal is barely 30.
>>
>>78069886
Anon what are you trying to argue? That the Hal from Convergence isn't Zero Hour Hal? That this is Hal from an unknown parallel world and not the pre Zero Hour world plucked out by Braniac in Convergence?
>>
For those who didn't read Convergence, and are confused as to why '90s Parallax/Hal is roaming about, here's the short version:

>Pre-Zero Hour Para/Hal was trapped on an alien planet by Braniac, along with other out of time and out of continuity characters.
>To stop reality from getting perma-fucked, Para/Hal, pre-Crisis Supergirl and (Barry) Flash, and post-Crisis Superman go back in time/space to prevent Crisis On Infinite Earths from occurring.
>This (somehow) leaves Para/Hal in the present multiverse, as well as establishing multiple multiverses, as the Crisis never happened.

So, yes, it is pre-retcon/revival Parallax. Though, the way the GL/Parallax mini was written, he appeared to have some kind of remorse for being a dick, but I'm not sure if that was the same writer, and if it will be a plot point at all.
>>
>>78070193
So if this guy has no head bug in him we can assume Hal went evil and successfully changed the universe at the start of time to create the yellow entity as a scape goat to blame his evil actions on.
>>
>>78070193
>but I'm not sure if that was the same writer, and if it will be a plot point at all.
Bedard wrote the Convergence mini and Hal acted pretty different without the Parallax powers and was repeatedly told that nobody blamed him for Parallax and that it wasn't his fault

So they didn't mention possession or the Fearbug, but he had distinct personalities which wasn't part of the deal before Rebirth

That was Bedard though, no idea what Venditti's take on it will be
>>
>>78066661
While Sinestro watches.
>>
>>78071185
This is the Hal that snapped his fucking neck. Before the retcon that he was an illusion.
>>
>>78071316
Okay then he'll watch the Hal on Hal action with a CONFUSED boner, and rub his neck as the throwback.
>>
>>78071316
Neck touching is practically foreplay for them, it's fine
>>
>>78070498
That was playing off the semi-frequent reappearances of Parallax Hal in Green Lantern after Zero Hour, where they'd give him a ring again because he was "better" now and then he'd go crazy again and they'd take it away.
>>
>>78074160
That only happened like once and it was because Kyle is retarded
>>
File: 1410565302461.jpg (27 KB, 282x282) Image search: [Google]
1410565302461.jpg
27 KB, 282x282
>>78069736
>Hal wasn't possessed fuck you Johns

Truly would be based on Vendittis part.
>>
>>78075291
Sinestro please, he's just going to break your neck again.
>>
Hal did nothing wrong
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.